Evidence that global warming IS happening

Let's give that link again to Kosh's nutty cult website.

Lesson 1 Graphs n' Charts

Now, Kosh thinks it's brilliant. Those with broken BS meters would. However, the well-informed crowd immediately identifies it all as a mix of standard denialist logical fallacies, crazy conspiracies, Gore Derangement Syndrome, bad physics, cherrypicking, and fudging like only a denialist can fudge. Kind of boring. Nothing we haven't seen a hundred times before.

No matter. Kosh wants to believe in the fudgy goodness, hence he believes. He wasn't reasoned into his belief, so he can't be reasoned out of it. He'll still be raging about Al Gore on his deathbed.

Last edited:

Now, Kosh thinks it's brilliant. Those with broken BS meters would. However, the well-informed crowd immediately identifies it all as a mix of standard denialist logical fallacies, crazy conspiracies, Gore Derangement Syndrome, bad physics, cherrypicking, and fudging like only a denialist can fudge. Kind of boring. Nothing we haven't seen a hundred times before.

No matter. Kosh wants to believe in the fudgy goodness, hence he believes. He wasn't reasoned into his belief, so he can't be reasoned out of it. He'll still be raging about Al Gore on his deathbed.

You have a lot of nerve telling someone about their "nutty cult website", mams. :eusa_whistle:

Really?? I just spent an hour tracing the origin of the data for that chart on the Lesson 1 page that shows higher temps in the last 5000 yrs from Vostok Ice Data.

Data was from archive at the CO2 research facility at ORNLab. And I pumped into a graph in Excel and it matches EXACTLY what is published on that site..

You have the brains and talent to pick a different one and tell us

A) Where the data came from?
B) what is wrong with a chart?
C) why you have a resistance to CHECKING facts before you fart out accusations?

This is hilarious. You get on someone else's case for not looking in to the provenance of a claim before challenging it. You look into it and conclude it's good.

Did you look into what ORNLab does and WHAT the purpose of that CO2 dataset actually is? No, you didn't. You probably ought to do that before you dig yourself in any further. Here's a hint:

Exploring Data: Datasets
http://exploringdata.net/datasets.htm
The datasets available here were
designed to support the activities,
worksheets, assessment, and articles
in the Exploring Data website (above).
Each data set is identified by topic
and available in three formats: Excel
4.0, NCSS Jr. 6.0, and Tab Delimited.
Some examples of datasets include: US
Draft Lotteries, AIDS/HIV, Air Pollution,
Anscombe’s Dataset, Bradmanesque,
Carbon Dioxide, Carbon Emissions,
Challenger, Cloud Seeding, Codeine
Concentration, Density of the Earth,
Density of Nitrogen, Diamond
Rings, Galileo’s Experiments, Global
Temperature, Metric Estimates, Oil
Production, Old Faithful, Olympic Gold,
Oscar Winners, Pottery, Smoking and
Cancer, Speed of Light, and World
Population.
You can find Math Forum at:
http://mathforum.org/

Last edited:
This is hilarious. You get on someone else's case for not looking in to the provenance of a claim before challenging it. You look into it and conclude it's good.

Did you look into what ORNLab does and WHAT the purpose of that CO2 dataset actually is? No, you didn't. You probably ought to do that before you dig yourself in any further. Here's a hint:

Exploring Data: Datasets
Expired Website
The datasets available here were
designed to support the activities,
worksheets, assessment, and articles
in the Exploring Data website (above).
Each data set is identified by topic
and available in three formats: Excel
4.0, NCSS Jr. 6.0, and Tab Delimited.
Some examples of datasets include: US
Draft Lotteries, AIDS/HIV, Air Pollution,
Anscombe’s Dataset, Bradmanesque,
Carbon Dioxide, Carbon Emissions,
Challenger, Cloud Seeding, Codeine
Concentration, Density of the Earth,
Density of Nitrogen, Diamond
Rings, Galileo’s Experiments, Global
Temperature, Metric Estimates, Oil
Production, Old Faithful, Olympic Gold,
Oscar Winners, Pottery, Smoking and
Cancer, Speed of Light, and World
Population.
You can find Math Forum at:
The Math Forum @ Drexel University

WTF you talking about Wilbur??? Talk about farting out accusations.. Too bad you're not familiar with OAK RIDGE NATIONAL LABORATORIES !!! OR SPECIFICALLY the

Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center (CDIAC)

CARBON DIOXIDE INFORMATION ANALYSIS SECTION of that prestigiuous lab..
Yeah it's hysterical all right. You don't have the tools to follow these discussions..

THAT'S where the Vostok Ice Data that made one of those graphs came from. One of MANY places where the official data is archived.

That is pretty good. But that's not what comes up on a Google search of "ORNLab". I got an ornithology lab at Lund University to which was attached a page with sample datasets to help students practice computing techniques. Try it yourself.

Made perfect sense. ;-)

Last edited:
Some of those graphs are a riot. Did you notice the one from the Vostok ice cores?

5-450000yrTemp-CO2_lg.jpg

It uses 1950 as "The Present", which is perfectly acceptable and a standard usage. However, he stops plotting data at 1950 as well. If you were to plot TODAY's CO2 and temperature on that graph, the CO2 would be completely off the top of the graphic while the temperature would be 0.7C higher than the end of the displayed data at 1950. CO2 at the least, would be higher than ANYTHING actually plotted.

Is that what you call honesty and good science Skooks? And you think those sorts of LIES should be fed to our children?

Asshole.

Last edited:
Some of those graphs are a riot. Did you notice the one from the Vostok ice cores?

It uses 1950 as "The Present", which is perfectly acceptable and a standard usage. However, he stops plotting data at 1950 as well. If you were to plot TODAY's CO2 and temperature on that graph, the CO2 would be completely off the top of the graphic while the temperature would be off the grid and about halfway between the axis and plot titles. Both values would be higher than ANYTHING actually plotted.

Is that what you call honesty and good science Skooks? And you think those sorts of LIES should be fed to our children?

Asshole.

You are one sick puppy. Tell me your degree. And I will validate it or not.

It uses 1950 as "The Present", which is perfectly acceptable and a standard usage. However, he stops plotting data at 1950 as well. If you were to plot TODAY's CO2 and temperature on that graph, the CO2 would be completely off the top of the graphic while the temperature would be off the grid and about halfway between the axis and plot titles. Both values would be higher than ANYTHING actually plotted.

Asshole.

Tell me how he's wrong? The graph really does stop at 1950!

It does not take a college degree to read a graph. Plot 400 ppm (the current CO2 level) on the upper graph and see where you end up.

As to the temps, look at the graph below and see what they look like in 1950. Measure the vertical difference between 1950 and today.

800px-Global_Temperature_Anomaly.svg.png

Can we say CHERRY PICKING.

And I have a BSc in Ocean Engineering. What've you got? And where do you get off calling me "one sick puppy"?

Last edited:
It does not take a college degree to read a graph. Plot 400 ppm (the current CO2 level) on the upper graph and see where you end up.

As to the temps, look at the graph below and see what they look like in 1950. Measure the vertical difference between 1950 and today.

And I have a BSc in Ocean Engineering. What've you got? And where do you get off calling me "one sick puppy"?

Garbage in, garbage out....Mr. ocean engineer.
You sure are full of yourself for a government employee......just an observation :eusa_whistle:

You attack me but don't touch my arguments. How should I take that? As the work of an ignorant ass? Maybe so.

Tiny Dancer specifically asked me for my education. It is not the first time I have provided my education here. Since you know I work with (not for) the government, you have seen that information before. So, again, why the comment?

And do you have any thoughts of the way CO2 and temperatures were plotted in Skooks article?

Garbage in, garbage out....Mr. ocean engineer.
You sure are full of yourself for a government employee......just an observation :eusa_whistle:

So you believe that the entire 130 years of global temperature = garbage! Do you have any data sets of the same period that you don't think are garbage?

So you and mr. Ocean engineer don't mind tainted data as long as it falls in line with your premise. I understand that, just ignore it and it never happened. By the way we're just taling about the last 40 years.

He claims to be an engineer. Any engineer who makes as many basic errors as he does should be put out to pasture. Personally, I believe that maybe he fetches coffee for an engineer, or maybe empties an engineer's garbage can a couple of times a day. One would hope that even an engineer who graduated dead last in his class would not make as many basic errors as he does.

screenhunter_216-feb-20-10-53.gif

Data tampering at it's best. I really can't believe that you simply take garbage like that on faith.

Here is what the temperatures looked like back in the 70's before the advent of the hoax.

screenhunter_333-feb-22-23-08.gif

An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

Compare...

fig-a-13.gif

screenhunter_215-feb-20-10-50.gif

http://pubs.giss.nasa.gov/docs/1981/1981_Hansen_etal_1.pdf

screenhunter_216-feb-20-10-53.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back