Evil Corp Watch: Walmart's Imports From China Displaced 400,000 Jobs...

Do you want to get stuff cheap or do you want to whine about evil corporations while you drive your Japanese car wearing chinese knockoffs? Walmart sells you what you want at good prices. If you hypocrites don't like it go to Target where you can use either restroom.

And according to some inside sources, Walmart will be dramatically reducing its workforce and cutting workers' hours in the near future.

Still wanna be a loyal Walmart Shopper?

Imports from China by Walmart, the nation’s largest retailer and biggest importer, eliminated or displaced over 400,000 jobs in the United States between 2001 and 2013, according to an estimate by the Economic Policy Institute, a research group that has long targeted Walmart’s policies.

The jobs, mostly in manufacturing, represent about 13 percent of the 3.2 million jobs displaced over those same years that the study attributes to the United States’ goods trade deficit with China. Walmart’s Chinese imports amounted to at least $49 billion in 2013, according to the study, which was based on trade and labor data. Over all, the United States’ trade deficit with China hit $324 billion that year.

"Walmart is one of the major forces pulling imports into the United States,” said Robert E. Scott, an economist at the institute and the study’s author. “And the jobs we’re losing are good-paying manufacturing jobs, which pay higher wages and provide better benefits.”...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/09/business/economy/walmart-china-imports-job-losses.html
DRUDGE REPORT 2016®

HONESTY TIME:

(Nothing personal but I don't fully expect you to be....)

Do you still shop at Wal Mart?

If so, isn't that hypocritical (which would only be true if you CARED about the displaced workers, etc...)?

Stopped shopping at Walmart years ago. I don't support evil. Every penny spent there, is more money being spent on fucking fellow Americans. Not to mention, the stores are dirty, loud, and stinky. By far, the worst shopping experience possible.

Do you want to get stuff cheap or do you want to whine about evil corporations while you drive your Japanese car wearing chinese knockoffs? Walmart sells you what you want at good prices. If you hypocrites don't like it go to Target where you can use either restroom.

I'll pay a little more. In fact, i do. I don't shop at Walmart. The better service and products is well-worth the little more i spend. We shouldn't sell our souls to the devil so the Walton Family can buy another yacht and mansion.

Why does Obama continue to send jobs offshore?

BTW - love the "according to unnamed sources on the inside".

I do have a few inside sources. Walmart is now drastically understaffing and cutting Workers' hours. If you're looking for customer service, i advise you shop elsewhere. There won't be many employees staffed to help you in the near future.

It's becoming more of a 'Self-Serve' store now. And that's really gonna piss off the fat greedy zombies who expect to be catered to. But hey, the Waltons need more luxurious yachts and mansions. Waddayagunado right?
Every company is cutting workers hours - Obamacare. And everyone is turning into self service - $15/Hr.

Now answer my question, why does Obama continue to send jobs offshore?
The grocery store we shop at just removed their self service machines after installing them about 5 years ago.

Presidents don't send jobs offshore, Corporations do.

I want my stuff made by a $30 an hour American, not some $1 an hour furriner, dammit!

Yes I will. In fact I have many times.

When I had to replace my furniture it took a long time because when I walked into a furniture store my first question to the sales person was do you have merchandise made in America. If they said yes, I looked at it. If they said no I walked right out of the store.

The same with all the appliances I replaced and all my other large purchases.

I gladly paid more for the product. I support America and American jobs. I have no say in our trade policies but I do have a say in who I give my hard earned dollars to. I don't want to waste my money on cheap garbage from China that will fall apart quickly. I would much rather pay a little more to have a product that will last longer and is of higher quality.

I also want my dollars going to a company that pays their workers a living wage. Right now, corporations are having their products made cheaply but aren't passing much of the savings on to Americans. I don't call a few dollars much of a savings while people in China are basically slaves to make filthy rich people even more filthy rich.

I don't care if it costs more. I'll pay it to preserve American jobs, to have a higher quality product and to help contribute to our nation.

I won't shop at walmart. I'm lucky, I have a wide variety of choices of what stores to shop in. Some in other parts of the nation aren't that lucky. Walmart is all that's available and their only option.

I do have a few inside sources. Walmart is now drastically understaffing and cutting Workers' hours. If you're looking for customer service, i advise you shop elsewhere. There won't be many employees staffed to help you in the near future.

It's becoming more of a 'Self-Serve' store now. And that's really gonna piss off the fat greedy zombies who expect to be catered to. But hey, the Waltons need more luxurious yachts and mansions. Waddayagunado right?
Every company is cutting workers hours - Obamacare. And everyone is turning into self service - $15/Hr.

The grocery store we shop at just removed their self service machines after installing them about 5 years ago.

Corporations have only one goal - make money. And when a President creates a climate that pushes companies to make that decision it is the Presidents fault.

Mini version of that occuring in California - Democrats have forced hundreds of companies to move out of state.

Corporations have only one goal - make money. And when a President creates a climate that pushes companies to make that decision it is the Presidents fault.

Mini version of that occuring in California - Democrats have forced hundreds of companies to move out of state.

Corporations have been offshoring jobs for 35 years, they didn't start when Obama was elected. And those jobs aren't coming back unless Americans want to be paid $2-3/hr.

A mini version of that is occurring in California, yet the population and GDP of California are at all time highs.

Corporations have been offshoring jobs for 35 years, they didn't start when Obama was elected. And those jobs aren't coming back unless Americans want to be paid $2-3/hr.

A mini version of that is occurring in California, yet the population and GDP of California are at all time highs.

Calif currently faces a $16 billion budget shortfall.
Tourism is what drives the CA economy. The weather is the only thing the moonbats can't destroy.

Nike, Microsoft, Apple. They all outsource almost everything. Where's your outrage?

There's been plenty of outrage directed at Nike and Apple, Nike because of child labour, and Apple because Chinese workers were treated like slaves. But Walmart carried everything to a whole new level.

How Nike Solved Its Sweatshop Problem

Apple 'failing to protect Chinese factory workers' - BBC News

But Walmart is deserving of more outrage because, in addition to using government programs to supplement employee wages, it actively encouraged suppliers to offshore their manufacturing to cut wholesale costs. Faced with losing big sales to the largest retailer in the world, suppliers did as directed.

Apple, Nike and Microsoft did not force their suppliers to offshore, nor did they use government handouts to their employees to subsidize wages. And when they got heat for their off-shore manufacturing, they tried to improve the situation.

Calif currently faces a $16 billion budget shortfall.
Tourism is what drives the CA economy. The weather is the only thing the moonbats can't destroy.

But the poster is correct. Foreign Outsourcing of American jobs has been going on for awhile. Once they realized they could get slaves to do the work, they were gone. It had little to do with Government policies. It was much more about pure evil greed.

Nike, Microsoft, Apple. They all outsource almost everything. Where's your outrage?

There's been plenty of outrage directed at Nike and Apple, Nike because of child labour, and Apple because Chinese workers were treated like slaves. But Walmart carried everything to a whole new level.

How Nike Solved Its Sweatshop Problem

Apple 'failing to protect Chinese factory workers' - BBC News

But Walmart is deserving of more outrage because, in addition to using government programs to supplement employee wages, it actively encouraged suppliers to offshore their manufacturing to cut wholesale costs. Faced with losing big sales to the largest retailer in the world, suppliers did as directed.

Apple, Nike and Microsoft did not force their suppliers to offshore, nor did they use government handouts to their employees to subsidize wages. And when they got heat for their off-shore manufacturing, they tried to improve the situation.
No, Apple, Nike and Microsoft simply stopped using US suppliers and went with foreign suppliers.

Forum List

Back