'Evil little thing' or defender of the constitution?

Tell us exactly where in your cited quote Madison said anything about taking down prayers from the walls of schools. When you can do that, you have an argument. You cannot take a few words from Madison and use them to promote your agenda. You must look at 18th and early 19th century practice as a whole and not cherry pick a quote you think supports your minority position.

Open prayer has not been allowed in our schools since 1962

I'm familiar with the ban. I hold that the SCOTUS got it wrong.

They didn't get it wrong. They never should have "gotten" it to begin with.

The U.S.C. does not give them any power to meddle in local affairs. It is silent on States powers regarding religion and, via the 10th, that means the states have all the power in this area.

It has held for 50 years and was one of the Supreme Courts finest decisions

You are entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine.

Would you want your Childs atheist teacher to tell him that there is no God?
Would you want a Jewish teacher teaching there was no Jesus?

Prior to the Supreme Court decision...they could

As it should be.

If my local community wants to turn and pray to Mecca however many times a day, that is their right. And if they want their kids to do it in school that is their right too.

My kids don't have to pray with them. They can just stand to the side.

Look how far we've come under the liberal agenda that removes God from public view.

Unbelievable.

Please try to keep up. Who did I quote?

Saying it is so much more direct and clear that some quote. Who does?

Refer to post #182 this thread. Are you really unable to click a few links and get back to the post where I answered TDM?

So...since you clearly acknowledge you are referring to TDM....kindly show your evidence that leads you to believe she thinks of our President as some kind of "god".

Open prayer has not been allowed in our schools since 1962

I'm familiar with the ban. I hold that the SCOTUS got it wrong.

The U.S.C. does not give them any power to meddle in local affairs. It is silent on States powers regarding religion and, via the 10th, that means the states have all the power in this area.

Um...14th amendment.

Um...14th amendment.

Um....Wrong.

Um, right. Here:

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws

Um...14th amendment.

Um....Wrong.

Um, right. Here:

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws

Ah yes, and right after came the Slaugherhouse Cases where the whole thing was show for what it was was.....worthless.

It only became relevent when FDR's Black KKK needed a way to get around the limits in the Constitution.

Sorry...try again.

Um....Wrong.

Um, right. Here:

Ah yes, and right after came the Slaugherhouse Cases where the whole thing was show for what it was was.....worthless.

It only became relevent when FDR's Black KKK needed a way to get around the limits in the Constitution.

Sorry...try again.

You are mumbling....kindly explain why the 14th amendment does not apply in a case where a local government entity is supporting one religion over others?

Um, right. Here:

Sorry...try again.

You are mumbling....kindly explain why the 14th amendment does not apply in a case where a local government entity is supporting one religion over others?

It's not my problem you don't know history.

As it should be.

If my local community wants to turn and pray to Mecca however many times a day, that is their right. And if they want their kids to do it in school that is their right too.

My kids don't have to pray with them. They can just stand to the side.

Look how far we've come under the liberal agenda that removes God from public view.

Unbelievable.

"the liberal agenda that removes God from public view"?

Not even close.

Open your eyes my friend. God is in plain view. He is at your local church. He is at your friends house, your mothers house, at the beach. God is everywhere, yes, even in your public schools.

Finally, Mathew will advise you... But you, when you pray, enter into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret shall reward you openly. Matthew 6:6

If all else fails in your quest for God, find Him where I usually find Him... in my heart. You too can find the good Lord there, in YOUR heart.

Peace.

Nor is it anyone else’s problem you don’t know the law.

Sorry...try again.

The Slaughterhouse Cases addressed only the Privileges or Immunities Clause of the 14th Amendment, applying it to the Federal government only. But in Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad Co. v. Chicago (1897), the Court incorporated the Bill of Rights to the states per the Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment.

Consequently, the following is incorrect:

And bodecea is correct in her statement that state and local governments are restricted from conjoining church and State in violation of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.

Also, the 10th Amendment doesn’t mean what you think it means. See: United States v. Darby

"the liberal agenda that removes God from public view"?

Rightist idiocy – the vast majority of liberals are Christians, and even more believe in god.

Teaching that? No. But offering it as a possibility? Why not? I have no problem with opinions that vary from my own, as long as they're presented as opinions and the opinions of others aren't stifled.

Yes, I can just imagine the tolerance of the religious right the first time one of their children asks if he can get a prayer rug like the other children have or does not want to put the Christ in Christmas

Republicans only care about the constitution when they can twist it into supporting their radical right wing agenda.

It's like abortion. They are so interested in the fetus but rapidly lose interest when it become a baby.

how I wish the love of country would trump their lies.

Unfortuantely they love lies more than our wonderful country

Sorry...try again.

My friend....I know my American History VERY WELL....you, however seem to be trying to fit a square peg in a round hole in regards to this. Perhaps you are an excellent reason WHY the government isn't supposed to endorse one religion over any other...or none.

Forum List

Back