🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Evolution has some splaining to do Lucy....

No. Thats not evolution. its diet and I did look it up.
It’s evolution. It evolves.

I'll take the word of a smart person over yours every day of the week.

Why are we getting taller as a species?
That is evolution. You’re confusing origin of species.

No- you just don't understand either the theory of evolution- or evolution.
You don’t understand the definition of evolve.

Oh certainly some of us do 'evolve'- culturally, morally- but biological evolution is not the same things as children growing larger than their parents due to better nutrition.

So why haven't creatures "evolved" on Europa and Enceladus to walk upright and set up telescopes on their moons surface?

a) Why do you believe there is life on Europe and Enceladus?
b) And if there was life there- why would you expect that life to have telescopes?
There's absolutely 100% life on those 2 moons: octopus, coral and jellyfish, just like here.

Why haven't they "evolved" to mine and make cities and industries and walk on the surface?

So why haven't creatures "evolved" on Europa and Enceladus to walk upright and set up telescopes on their moons surface?

That is indeed an interesting question. Life evolved once..on Earth. Why is that?

The increase in size doesnt demonstrate rapid evolution. It displays what happens when you have better quality food or steroids, sugar and other crap in your food chain.
That’s evolution.
Look it up.
No. Thats not evolution. its diet and I did look it up.
It’s evolution. It evolves.

I'll take the word of a smart person over yours every day of the week.

Why are we getting taller as a species?
That is evolution. You’re confusing origin of species.
Think of it like this dummy. If a dog has a litter of puppies the one that gets the most food will be the biggest. That doesnt mean it evolved it just means it got more food or more nutritious food.

What was that about fish learning to walk?

Evolutionists: 'Oops! We May Have Been Wrong All Along'

Thanks to a new study, evolutionists and their disciples are having to reexamine some of their most revered dogma. Particularly, evolutionists are now having to make sense of conclusions stating that almost all animal species, as well as humans, showed up on the stage of human history at the same time.
------

A study published in the journal Human Evolution is causing quite the stir. In the words of Phys.org, "The study's most startling result, perhaps, is that nine out of 10 species on Earth today, including humans, came into being 100,000 to 200,000 years ago."

So startling, in fact, that according to David Thaler, one of the lead authors of the study, "This conclusion is very surprising, and I fought against it as hard as I could.

I havent read the article yet (but I will) but I am not surprised to find that species are relatively young. New species arise and old ones die off. And on a relatively short (geologically speaking) time frame.

b) And if there was life there- why would you expect that life to have telescopes?
There's absolutely 100% life on those 2 moons: octopus, coral and jellyfish, just like here.

Really?

You think that there are octopus on Europa?

Is that something that the Creationist Museum teaches you?

Why haven't they "evolved" to mine and make cities and industries and walk on the surface?
Are you being serious? :huh1:

That is indeed an interesting question. Life evolved once..on Earth. Why is that?
This paper is saying it evolved twice. Something happened that caused the 90% of animals now existing to appear.

No- that is not what the paper is saying.

What the paper said is that 90% of all extant species (based upon a sample they took) came into being at near the same time- however this does not mean that there was no life before that time- it means that current species became these species at around the same time descended from earlier species.

Are you being serious?
noah's+ark.jpg

This paper is saying it evolved twice. Something happened that caused the 90% of animals now existing to appear.

No- that is not what the paper is saying.

What the paper said is that 90% of all extant species (based upon a sample they took) came into being at near the same time- however this does not mean that there was no life before that time- it means that current species became these species at around the same time descended from earlier species.
Thats basically what I said but less wordy. Obviously there was that 10% still existing.

Are you being serious?
noah's+ark.jpg
The logistics alone make this too hard to believe.

If evolution works as supposed, then yes, complex intelligent life should be flourishing in our solar system.

If evolution works as supposed, then yes, complex intelligent life should be flourishing in our solar system.
Isnt Europa a frozen moon by Jupiter? How do you know all the factors were present to start evolution on Europa or any other place in our solar system? How do you know there isnt life on Europa?

Isnt Europa a frozen moon by Jupiter? How do you know all the factors were present to start evolution?
Only the surface is frozen, it has a massive salt water ocean under it. The colorful surface comes from cracks in the ice from tidal friction; hence liquid water underneath and perfect for life

Isnt Europa a frozen moon by Jupiter? How do you know all the factors were present to start evolution?
Only the surface is frozen, it has a massive salt water ocean under it. The colorful surface comes from cracks in the ice from tidal friction; hence liquid water underneath and perfect for life
You need more than just water. How do you know there isnt life there? How do you know if there isnt a different type of evolution going on there completely different than what occurred on this planet?

Once again demonstrating your vast ignorance as to the actual science of the theory of evolution.

We know so little about the world around us and yet the left thinks they know everything.....and will fill mass graves to prove it...
The theory of evolution is not 'leftwing' though.

I suspect that far more species have gone extinct than we have alive today, if Punctuated Equilibrium is correct.

We know more and more about the world, and science is the first to admit how much more we have to learn.

I agree. Lets not forget that the dogma today may sound ridiculous tomorrow.
Evolutionary theories themselves change all the time. Gradualism was replaced by Punctuated Equilibrium. Group Selection is under fire from Selfish Gene proponents. Lamarchism is a heresy..but epigenetics is slowly being accepted? Darwins own theories of life beginning in a "warm little pond" we know today are probably false. But it was always seen as heritcal to question the dominate theory.
Darwins ideas were rightfully attacked as ridiculous because he was a believer in blended inheritance (pangenesis). Turns out he was right on natural selection but wrong on the mechanism and the discovery of particulate inheritance solved that. But in the meantime was it right to so viciously attack Jenkin for pointing out that natural selection could not in any way shape or form work given what was known about inheritance at the time? He was right!
By the way, interestingly enough, we know today that mendels experiments were flawed. The Mendelian Paradox. No way he should have gotten those results.

Your biggest threat to science comes from the marxists rather than creationists. The USSR, which claimed to be working to advance a materialist society, starved millions by shutting off research on genes and embracing the views of Lysenko.
Look at EO Wilson...and Steven Pinker. Pilloried for their theories. Liberal feminists dumped buckets of water on Wilson at Harvard and for years his classes were drowned out by chanting leftists (The International Committee Against Racism was formed to oppose his New Synthesis). Pinker's "The Blank Slate" and "The Language Instinct" got him the same treatment and swastikas painted on the placards at his lectures. The left's religion of BF Skinnerism dies hard. You can see the remnants here on this board with people denying that race exists. Or gender.
Think of the attacks on Lawrence Summers for stating plain facts. Or James Watson...discovering the structure of DNA molecule wasnt enough to save his career when he took evolutionary theory to its logical conclusion was it?
How about the leftist attacks on Psychiatry? The APA removed the scientific classification of homosexuality as a disease not because of new scientific evidence but because of a well funded and unrelenting attack by liberals.

As described by Ronald Bayer, a psychiatrist and gay rights activist, specific protests by gay rights activists against the APA began in 1970, when the organization held its convention in San Francisco. The activists disrupted the conference by interrupting speakers and shouting down and ridiculing psychiatrists who viewed homosexuality as a mental disorder. In 1971, gay rights activist Frank Kameny worked with the Gay Liberation Front collective to demonstrate against the APA's convention. At the 1971 conference, Kameny grabbed the microphone and yelled: "Psychiatry is the enemy incarnate. Psychiatry has waged a relentless war of extermination against us. You may take this as a declaration of war against you."

Hell of a way to conduct science and medicine wouldnt you say?

NYTimes

Forum List

Back