Evolution question.

I don't get it. Evolution doesn't instruct anyone to do anything. Neither does the theory of gravity.
Gravity instructs us to pay close attention to it, especially when walking near the edge of a cliff.

Thousands don't listen and end up dead each year.

Evolution has given us wonderful bodies (if you believe in evolution), so why don't we take better care of them when they cry out for care?
That doesn't have anything to do with the theory of evolution. Your talking points are not coherent.

I think we should probably ignore these wild tangents, going forward.

Speciation isn't required for evolution, although it often does happen because of evolution.
Let me rephrase my position then. We are the last species of homo sapiens ever to inhabit the Earth. Since there are no selection pressures moving us in a specific direction and we are essentially becoming a single, global gene pool, we are it. Anything that follows us will be either non-human (if we suffer extinction), non-biological (AI/robotic), or a product of intelligent design, our intelligence.

Let me rephrase my position then. We are the last species of homo sapiens ever to inhabit the Earth. Since there are no selection pressures moving us in a specific direction and we are essentially becoming a single, global gene pool, we are it. Anything that follows us will be either non-human (if we suffer extinction), non-biological (AI/robotic), or a product of intelligent design, our intelligence.
Small changes will accumulate in our species. Given time, enough changes will accumulate so that our descendants will effectively become a new species.

Along with all other thoughts science is unable to physically identify them within the human brain. All they can detect is some electrical activity here and there.
Actually Marmarelis at USC has externalized the entire cognitive system of a rat.

He connects the rat to a computer, turns off the brain, and the rat continues to function.

It can navigate mazes, learn new pathways, and hunt for rewards.

That doesn't have anything to do with the theory of evolution. Your talking points are not coherent.

I think we should probably ignore these wild tangents, going forward.
So, our minds didn't evolve along with our bodies?

Can confirm. 30 years ago I was a Young Earth Creationist. I didn't know jack shit about evolution except what I'd read in creationist books. After I educated myself I became an evolutionist.
Why were you a YEC, ever hear of Gap Theory?

Actually Marmarelis at USC has externalized the entire cognitive system of a rat.

He connects the rat to a computer, turns off the brain, and the rat continues to function.

It can navigate mazes, learn new pathways, and hunt for rewards.
Computers (especially smartphones) have largely replaced the human brain as well.

Last edited:
Computers (especially smartphones) have largely replaced the human brain as well.
The point being, that the complexity is not insurmountable.

It is being addressed and harnessed, right now today, in the laboratory.

I happen to know a bit about this topic. I worked with MEG (magnetencephaligraphy). MEG is much more precise than EEG. MEG uses Josephson junctions that can detect a single quantum of magnetic flux.

It works the other way too, instead of stimulating the brain with electrodes one can use focused (magnetic) energy. One typically combines this with high resolution anatomical maps, for instance here is the mouse vibrissal cortex. Using external magnetic stimulation we can make the mouse react to the whisker patterns of our choice.

So, our minds didn't evolve along with our bodies?
Indeed they did. As we became better at manipulating our environment, our brains evolved right alongside our bodies, as one would expect. Parts of our ancestors' brains were repurposed to manipulating our digits, to social interactions, and to forming abstract concepts that are key to language and planning. Language formed right alongside that process, as did what we call our "sentience": Our introspective self-awareness.

I have a question about evolution for you, now. Do you have an explanation for these snapshots in time that you think is better than the Theory of Evolution? (Notice, in the images, how it appears that the "mind evolved along with our body", as you might say):

evol.JPG

Last edited:
Indeed they did. As we became better at manipulating our environment, our brains evolved right alongside our bodies, as one would expect. Parts of our ancestors' brains were repurposed to manipulating our digits, to social interactions, and to forming abstract concepts that are key to language and planning. Language formed right alongside that process, as did what we call our "sentience": Our introspective self-awareness.

I have a question about evolution for you, now. Do you have an explanation for these snapshots in time that you think is better than the Theory of Evolution? (Notice, in the images, how it appears that the "mind evolved along with our body", as you might say):

View attachment 868763

Biological evolution is based on successful combinations of capabilities. It's very much hit and miss in the real world.

For instance - there is a part of the human brain not found in the great apes, it's called vm PFC. However dogs have it, or something resembling it. So why did the feature disappear and then reappear again? The answer is, because the niche for humans supports it, and the niche for the apes doesn't. A female gorilla will issue fake mating calls to lure her partner away from a meal. A human, however, will feel guilty after doing it. What possible evolutionary advantage could guilt have? The answer is quite obvious, it only makes sense in a social context.

Of course this is nonsense, and the separation and future secular governments came about quite in spite of Christianity.

The only democratic structures existed in the Christian world since Christians exist - specially in the monasteries. The oldest election at all in our modern world is the election of the Pope. You US-Americans define for example "cardinals" = "electors" who elect the president of the USA. You are not able to understand this relativelly antiquated secular form of election if you do not understand history - real histroy and not an ideology which is sold to be history.

You confuse yourself.

Of course culture is influenced by Christianity.

But it is a FACT that our western culture came about quite in spite of Christianity.

No. The only source for human rights - or for individuality under equal rights at all - is the Christian religion. And I speculate when you will see the world of your dreams in reality then you will live in fear of this unchristian "paradise". Many tried to create paradises on Earth and created in reality hells by doing so. Every step to make the world to a better place starts with the own person and exists not in abstract spheres.

We just haven't been able to out those childish toys away for good, yet.

Who is "we"? I could say for example "We are not tomahawks" (sounds "true", isn't it?) but this "we" would be a complete universe and perhaps much more what I still do not know - except tomahawks.

Last edited:
You started it on post #126.

I'm just trying correct the common RC belief that Mary is still a virgin.

And now stop for a moment to think. Compare only two ... hmm let me call it "facts". Compare 2 facts: God - the creator - made himselve with the help and totally free will of mother Mary to a human child (creation) in Jesus. ... imagine a painter who entered the own picture. And the second fact you said on your own. ...

Have I to ask you now something? God chose a woman and not a man to bear his truth into our world, isn't it? So I expect from you to respect all women and every woman without to have any need to ask her "Are you a virgin so god allows me to respect you?"! Such forms of sexisms are totally superfluous.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back