EV's are the future

The interesting pathology now, is that visitors to the Environment forum can no longer see how many views this particular thread is getting.

Dipstick #80: We have been doing EV research. Haven’t you understood previous posts that are in your mother tongue?

Absolutely. It seems you don't. Unlike you I actually study the subject quite a lot. I understand the difference between the two main types of motors, and why they are used. You see, I like technology. And I really like racing. Until an EV is capable of entering a regular endurance race, and compete as a singular vehicle, they are not viable as a everyday car.

They will do fine as local travel commuter vehicles, and they would be good as taxis. But as a vehicle that you can jump in to and make a 1000 mile journey at the drop of a hat? No way. Hybrids I see dominating the "green" vehicle sales market for a long time. EV's simply can't cut it in the real world for now.
Match up a Tesla Roadster 2 with a quick change aluminum air battery that can be changed out quickly, and you have a winning combination. As is, the Tesla S Plaid can do the Laguna Seca course in 1:30.3 seconds. That is a big old family car. And cheap for that kind of performance. By 2025, there will be EV's that outmatch ICE's on every type of performance, including enedurance.

Sales numbers are definitive evidence that EV's are actually not the future. Not for Americans who love their luxury and love their big cars and SUV's. The rubes are fooled by the matrix narrative but compared to conventional vehicles, nobody wants an EV. Really......sales numbers are pathetically low......only 325,000 last year in the US. Toyota sold almost as many Camry's alone compared to combined EV sales. Just Toyota Camry's!:rock::rofl::rofl:

A Tesla Roadster costs $250,000........base price. Few will sell........ Tesla Roadster

For a few grand more, you can get a 2021 Porsche 911 Turbo S. These buyers like to go to car shows......none of them want to show up with a Tesla Roadster..........d0y.

Most Expensive 2021 Porsche 911 Turbo S Costs Over $273,000

The Tesla Roadster is a niche car in a niche market.
The Porsche 911 Turbo S will not stay in sight of the new Tesla Roadster. Not even the Ford GT 40 will be able to do that. The Roadster will do 0 to 60 in under 2 seconds, and the quarter mile in under 9 seconds. At a starting price of $500,000, you could buy 2 Roadsters for the price .

Engine, Transmission, and Performance

Unlike the supercharged V-8 in the previous-generation GT, the new car is equipped with a twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter V-6 engine that is similar to the one found in the Ford F-150 Raptor. Pumping out 660 horsepower and 550 lb-ft of torque, the V-6 is mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. While the last version we tested had fewer horses, it launched the rear-wheel-drive GT to 60 mph in just 3.0 seconds and through the quarter-mile in 10.8 seconds at 134 mph. Piloting the GT is surprisingly easy, and the big car feels light and agile from behind the wheel. Despite its performance potential, the ride isn't as punishing as you might imagine; the suspension doesn't get choppy over minor bumps, but it'll still transmit harsh impacts through to the cabin.

A Tesla Roadster costs $250,000........base price. Few will sell........ Tesla Roadster

For a few grand more, you can get a 2021 Porsche 911 Turbo S. These buyers like to go to car shows......none of them want to show up with a Tesla Roadster..........d0y.

The Porsche 911 Turbo S will not stay in sight of the new Tesla Roadster. Not even the Ford GT 40 will be able to do that. The Roadster will do 0 to 60 in under 2 seconds, and the quarter mile in under 9 seconds. At a starting price of $500,000, you could buy 2 Roadsters for the price .

Unlike the supercharged V-8 in the previous-generation GT, the new car is equipped with a twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter V-6 engine that is similar to the one found in the Ford F-150 Raptor. Pumping out 660 horsepower and 550 lb-ft of torque, the V-6 is mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. While the last version we tested had fewer horses, it launched the rear-wheel-drive GT to 60 mph in just 3.0 seconds and through the quarter-mile in 10.8 seconds at 134 mph. Piloting the GT is surprisingly easy, and the big car feels light and agile from behind the wheel. Despite its performance potential, the ride isn't as punishing as you might imagine; the suspension doesn't get choppy over minor bumps, but it'll still transmit harsh impacts through to the cabin.

LOL.......since its introduction in 2015, Tesla has sold 1,500 total Roadster units.:auiqs.jpg: Last year alone, Porsche sold 8,900 911 Turbo S types.

911 turbo sales numbers 2020 - Bing

Nobody wants these Tesla Roadsters except the random oddball who wants to be different. Nobody with that kind of money wants to show up at the cocktail party and tell the partygoers they have a Tesla Roadster. They want to be bragging about the 911........Turbo S......sitting outside in the P-Lot.

For most, its not just about performance.........its about status. Nobody raises an eyebrow when you show up to a car show in a Tesla Roadster.

Dipstick #80: We have been doing EV research. Haven’t you understood previous posts that are in your mother tongue?

Absolutely. It seems you don't. Unlike you I actually study the subject quite a lot. I understand the difference between the two main types of motors, and why they are used. You see, I like technology. And I really like racing. Until an EV is capable of entering a regular endurance race, and compete as a singular vehicle, they are not viable as a everyday car.

They will do fine as local travel commuter vehicles, and they would be good as taxis. But as a vehicle that you can jump in to and make a 1000 mile journey at the drop of a hat? No way. Hybrids I see dominating the "green" vehicle sales market for a long time. EV's simply can't cut it in the real world for now.
Match up a Tesla Roadster 2 with a quick change aluminum air battery that can be changed out quickly, and you have a winning combination. As is, the Tesla S Plaid can do the Laguna Seca course in 1:30.3 seconds. That is a big old family car. And cheap for that kind of performance. By 2025, there will be EV's that outmatch ICE's on every type of performance, including enedurance.
Lmfao I am still waiting for a cellphone battery to last more than a few hours

Lmfao I am still waiting for a cellphone battery to last more than a few hours

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

He's been talking about batteries getting better for 10 years in here...........they still blow.

What a laugh. Yes, the EV has the edge for the first quarter mile. Then it gets left in the dust.

And, the ICE can do it for hours on end. The EV gets to run for an hour, then it sits for hours.

The ICE stops for 5 minutes, then runs for an hour.

Until an EV company enters a SINGLE car into a regular 24 Hour Le Man's race, and runs under normal rules, you ain't taking over anything you fucking retarded buffoon.

Morons #84 & 97: It’s about the lithium already produced. Letting the commies corner the market on lithium recycling is a mistake.
Shanghai, 2019
’The recovery of Li+ and Co2+ could be increased to 100% and 93.3% by bacteria.’

#88: There’s already a lithium battery plant in Ohio

#98: You disregard the proven fact of 100% retrieval of lithium by bacteria? You’re not very smart, are you?

’....An EV equipped with a combination of an aluminum-air battery with a specific energy of (250-400)Wh/kg (at system level) and a lithium-ion battery, which is charged by the previous one, can cover a range of 3,000 km.’

Diane Feinstein, you know, YOUR hero, not only allowed the Chinese to virtually corner the market, she also negotiated a sweet deal for her husband to be the Chinese salesman in the USA.

You fuckers whine about Trump and the dems have been selling us out for decades and not a peep from you assholes.

Bullshit. No EV will enter endurance racing for the forseeable future.

They can't cut it.

They can't cut it.

Yep.......racing any distance past 1/4 mile is all about power/weight ratio's.......always has been. Always will be.

They can't cut it.

Yep.......racing any distance past 1/4 mile is all about power/weight ratio's.......always has been. Always will be.

Electric Motors are awesome in the sprint. I have long been an advocate of hybrid cars. F1 uses hybrid tech and they attained 50% thermal efficiency.

EV's won't approach that for a very, very, very, long time.

I love my battery operated stihl blower, weed whacker and chainsaw. But only for 20 to 30 minute jobs. I didn't buy them for endurance. I bought them because of low maintenance. For every purpose there is a tool and for every tool there is a purpose.

EV's are most definitely the future, and guess what? The future is now.

They said the same thing about the metric system.
I wish that had caught on. Would be so much easier.

A few years from now the used EV car market will be flood with cars people can't even give away.
Tesla estimates a full battery pack replacement will cost around $20,000
So who in their right mind would by a used EV knowing that soon it's going to need a very expensive battery to keep it on the road? ... :cool:

Do you realize how easy it is to include battery replacement warranty? If your scenario is what is dooming the sale of future EV's, it can be be solved with one stroke of a pen.

Batteries continue to become more and more efficient, and their charge life are already commensurate with a full tank of gas. I noticed there is now a row of brand new Tesla chargers near my bank, well, I went to the bank Saturday morning, and four of the eight chargers had Tesla's parked and getting a charge.

The dinosaurs will shriek and wail, but their howls of agony grow more quiet by the day as more and more EV's hit the road. Soon the dinosaurs will all be gone, and they'll be as many EV's on the road as gasoline powered cars.
Battery replacement warranty? Have you any idea how expensive that would be? Warranties work on the premise that they cover something that isn't likely to happen during the time it covers. IOW, your car warranty runs out in 2 years. Why do you think that is? It's because the manufacturer knows there's a good chance they won't have to cover much work for that time. So a battery replacement warranty would also only cover a few years, after which you're on your own. Try to sell an EV after running it for 5 years and someone's on the hook for tens of thousands of dollars. You can't sell it.

The only way around that is to make the battery pack modular, with modules easily replaced at any filling station. That allows the batteries to be continually replaced and recharged at the station or at the home. Just like filling a gas tank, you drive into the station, indicate and pay for how many modules you need to have replaced, the automated system pulls our your depleted batteries and replaces them with charged ones. It would take some work and cooperation for all EV's to be fitted with compatible battery compartments, but it could be done. ICE's all have the same opening to fill the tank, for example.

EV's are attractive but are not yet ready to replace ICE's, and bring with them their own set of problems. The glee we see in the usual suspects as they contemplate forcing people to drive cars they otherwise would not choose is, frankly, disgusting.

I love my battery operated stihl blower, weed whacker and chainsaw. But only for 20 to 30 minute jobs. I didn't buy them for endurance. I bought them because of low maintenance. For every purpose there is a tool and for every tool there is a purpose.
That is the correct motorcycle.

@westwall No, it can't. To power the fleets of EV's you claim are going to take over the world, you would need to build over 50 fossil fuel power plants, next year. And the same number the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after that.

Solar and wind can't do the job no matter how much propaganda you believe.

Nuclear could...but that's a non-starter.
We need government to push nuclear just as hard as it is pushing wind and solar. In all seriousness, nuclear is the most attractive source for reliable, zero emission power generation, and current designs are nearly melt-down proof. Breeder reactors can even recycle spent fuel to be used again.

@westwall No, it can't. To power the fleets of EV's you claim are going to take over the world, you would need to build over 50 fossil fuel power plants, next year. And the same number the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after that.

Solar and wind can't do the job no matter how much propaganda you believe.

Nuclear could...but that's a non-starter.
We need government to push nuclear just as hard as it is pushing wind and solar. In all seriousness, nuclear is the most attractive source for reliable, zero emission power generation, and current designs are nearly melt-down proof. Breeder reactors can even recycle spent fuel to be used again.

Government should not force anything. If a technology is good enough it will take over.

Government impedes development

A few years from now the used EV car market will be flood with cars people can't even give away.
Tesla estimates a full battery pack replacement will cost around $20,000
So who in their right mind would by a used EV knowing that soon it's going to need a very expensive battery to keep it on the road? ... :cool:

Do you realize how easy it is to include battery replacement warranty? If your scenario is what is dooming the sale of future EV's, it can be be solved with one stroke of a pen.

Batteries continue to become more and more efficient, and their charge life are already commensurate with a full tank of gas. I noticed there is now a row of brand new Tesla chargers near my bank, well, I went to the bank Saturday morning, and four of the eight chargers had Tesla's parked and getting a charge.

The dinosaurs will shriek and wail, but their howls of agony grow more quiet by the day as more and more EV's hit the road. Soon the dinosaurs will all be gone, and they'll be as many EV's on the road as gasoline powered cars.
Battery replacement warranty? Have you any idea how expensive that would be? Warranties work on the premise that they cover something that isn't likely to happen during the time it covers. IOW, your car warranty runs out in 2 years. Why do you think that is? It's because the manufacturer knows there's a good chance they won't have to cover much work for that time. So a battery replacement warranty would also only cover a few years, after which you're on your own. Try to sell an EV after running it for 5 years and someone's on the hook for tens of thousands of dollars. You can't sell it.

The only way around that is to make the battery pack modular, with modules easily replaced at any filling station. That allows the batteries to be continually replaced and recharged at the station or at the home. Just like filling a gas tank, you drive into the station, indicate and pay for how many modules you need to have replaced, the automated system pulls our your depleted batteries and replaces them with charged ones. It would take some work and cooperation for all EV's to be fitted with compatible battery compartments, but it could be done. ICE's all have the same opening to fill the tank, for example.

EV's are attractive but are not yet ready to replace ICE's, and bring with them their own set of problems. The glee we see in the usual suspects as they contemplate forcing people to drive cars they otherwise would not choose is, frankly, disgusting.
That's an interesting concept. I like it but assuming you could get manufacturers to standardize on battery design (big if) there is still the problem of knowing that where you stop to swap out batteries hasn't run out of swap-able batteries (much bigger if).

Forum List

Back