Ex-News Anchor's Husband Shoots Robber Dead.

JQPublic1

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2012
You might not expect to find a world renown ex-news anchor and her husband spending the night at a Motel 6 , but Lynn Russell, former host of CNN for 17 years did just that. It didn't end well.

After a long day of traveling , Russell and her husband, Chuck de Caro, stopped to unwind at a mote 6 in Albuquerque, NM.

When she returned to her room after retrieving something from her car, Russell was confronted by a man near her room with a handgun.

Recalling her story to KOB-TV, Ms Russell said the robber pushed her into the room at the moment her husband was coming out of the shower to see what was happening. The couple tried to defuse the situation by talking to the suspect according to Russell, but the robber grabbed de Caro's briefcase and shot him three times

Somehow Mr de Caro was able to get his gun and return fire, hitting the man and killing him.

De Caro, a former special forces officer, underwent surgery at UNM hospital for gunshot wounds to the abdomen, groin and arm but is expected to survive.

News Anchor s Husband Shoots Robber Dead

Thank you. I was just reading about that a few minutes ago. Interesting story. Apparently her husband shot the shit out of the intruder - even though he was also shot about 3 times.

Where's the outrage over Chuck having a gun? Shouldn't he have been unarmed and relied on 911 to save them from the robber?

So when did anyone have time to use a phone? Unfortunately, one can rarely rely on the police at such times. The PD usually arrive just in time to draw a chalk mark around the bodies or to shoot the wrong person!

Where's the outrage over Chuck having a gun? Shouldn't he have been unarmed and relied on 911 to save them from the robber?

So when did anyone have time to use a phone? Unfortunately, one can rarely rely on the police at such times. The PD usually arrive just in time to draw a chalk mark around the bodies or to shoot the wrong person!
I agree, but our wonderful president thinks you're full of shit. He wants us unarmed and defenseless.

Thank you. I was just reading about that a few minutes ago. Interesting story. Apparently her husband shot the shit out of the intruder - even though he was also shot about 3 times.

Shouldn't they have just waited to call the police until after they were murdered?

The problem is that because there are so many guns out there, the need for protecting oneself is much greater. The argument from gun owners is that if we remove them only the criminals will have them, but that is not true if we remove all guns from society. I'm not really taking a side on this one way or the other, I never really have. I don't own a gun because I see more danger in them than good, but that is my choice. I would prefer our society had no guns other than rifles for hunting, but that isn't going to happen. In this case, I'm glad they had a gun to protect themselves.

I agree, but our wonderful president thinks you're full of shit. He wants us unarmed and defenseless.

Aw, SJ you just had to go there didn't you? I don't think Obama wants us unarmed and defenseless. What makes you think so?

Aw, SJ you just had to go there didn't you? I don't think Obama wants us unarmed and defenseless. What makes you think so?
Look who is suddenly in favor of our 2nd amendment rights. Stop the presses. I knew you would make an exception for grabbing guns if one of your OWN needed one to save their life. Typical. Why don't you just say it? Only liberals should be allowed to own guns.

The problem is that because there are so many guns out there, the need for protecting oneself is much greater. The argument from gun owners is that if we remove them only the criminals will have them, but that is not true if we remove all guns from society. I'm not really taking a side on this one way or the other, I never really have. I don't own a gun because I see more danger in them than good, but that is my choice. I would prefer our society had no guns other than rifles for hunting, but that isn't going to happen. In this case, I'm glad they had a gun to protect themselves.
And how do you propose to remove ALL guns from society? Do you think the criminals who murder people with them are gonna turn them in because they've been outlawed?

Look who is suddenly in favor of our 2nd amendment rights. Stop the presses. I knew you would make an exception for grabbing guns if one of your OWN needed one to save their life. Typical. Why don't you just say it? Only liberals should be allowed to own guns.
I have always been in favor of 2nd Amendment rights.I wouldn't leave my house without them!

I have always been in favor of 2nd Amendment rights.I wouldn't leave my house without them!
So you oppose Obama on gun control? I find that hard to believe.

And how do you propose to remove ALL guns from society? Do you think the criminals who murder people with them are gonna turn them in because they've been outlawed?

If the government wanted to take all the guns off the streets, they could do it. You would be surprised, but it could be done. It will never happen though because too many Americans have a love affair with guns. On a side note, gun bans in big cities don't work because you can go outside the city and buy a gun, or cross the state line and you can buy a gun. Have you ever been in a dry county? Have you ever seen people drinking alcohol in a dry county?

I don't know that I oppose Obama on gun control, you haven't been very specific as to what you think he is doing to under mind the 2nd Amendment. All I know is that I own guns and want to keep them. The Constitution gives me that right and I cherish it!

If the government wanted to take all the guns off the streets, they could do it. You would be surprised, but it could be done. It will never happen though because too many Americans have a love affair with guns. On a side note, gun bans in big cities don't work because you can go outside the city and buy a gun, or cross the state line and you can buy a gun. Have you ever been in a dry county? Have you ever seen people drinking alcohol in a dry county?
In other words, when you talk about removing all guns from society, you know it can't and won't be done so why do you even say it?

If the government tried to take all guns off the street that is one thing , but to ban guns entirely is another. I really don't like either scenario. I doubt , in either case, such bans could last long because the SC would strike down any legislation to that effect as un Constitutional. No one is going to repeal the 2nd Amendment.

Forum List

Back