'Excessive'? Armed Texas SWAT Team in Body Armor / Armored Vehicles Raids Daddy Zane’s Bar in West Odessa After Breaking State Orders and Reopening

Dude, this is TEXAS, where law-abiding Americans exercise their Constitutional rights.
Yeah, you guys keep saying that and yet, these incidents keep popping up in Texas. Blue lives matter, right?

'Incidents like this keep popping up in Texas' -- You mean situations like this where heavily armed/armored SWAT Teams in armored vehicles show up to arrest 8 peaceful bar patrons and a female bar owner who informed the police of what they were going to do before hand?

Bwuhahahahaha......
Weren’t the patrons armed?

What’s the matter? Were the poor wittle Texans intimidated by the powice because they were cawying guns?
Would you be intimidated with somebody pointing a gun in your face?

And, no, we Texans are not intimidated by the police. They are less than 1 million and we have 10 million guns, minimum.

Now, go fuck yourself.

If Texans aren’t intimidated by the police, why are they whining and moaning that the police show up armed?
These motherfuckers showed up armed, in swat gear, in an armored vehicle, for a protest they knew was happening, because the bar owner told them ahead of time.

This was a fucking set up you goddamn idiot.

I don’t know how to spell it out any easier for you.

Ector County Sheriff Mike Griffis says, 'If you don't like what's going on, run for governor.'

What'd you figure you'd do after government service Sheriff?
Fat boy Sheriiff needs to be put into his pace.
I would expect and demand his immediate resignation.

If he doesn't resign, he needs to be fired.

These motherfuckers showed up armed, in swat gear, in an armored vehicle, for a protest they knew was happening, because the bar owner told them ahead of time.

A set up by who and for what?

Seems odd that it would be a felony to carry a firearm in place that sells booze in Texas. The other protest at the gym had armed citizens and they weren’t arrested. I’m not very familiar with your gun laws in Texas.

Liquor and firearms are a deadly duet. I owned a small nightclub in Tempe, Arizona which is a university town and we had a young, urban crowd. But on occasion a cowpoke would wander in with a sidearm. He was told to check the weapon, we'd put a bar towel around it and he could have it back when he was ready to leave. I always had a .32 Beretta in my pocket in case things really got out of hand or somebody tried to rob us....tough business....drunk people acting out every damn day and night. Good money though....cash, no receipts....party money...you can't buy anything substantial with it without explaining where the money came from.

Ector County Sheriff Mike Griffis says, 'If you don't like what's going on, run for governor.'

What'd you figure you'd do after government service Sheriff?
Fat boy Sheriiff needs to be put into his pace.
I would expect and demand his immediate resignation.

If he doesn't resign, he needs to be fired.
Executed.

What’s the matter? Were the poor wittle Texans intimidated by the powice because they were cawying guns?

And, no, we Texans are not intimidated by the police. They are less than 1 million and we have 10 million guns, minimum.

Now, go fuck yourself.

If Texans aren’t intimidated by the police, why are they whining and moaning that the police show up armed?

Why were the protesters armed?

Now, go fuck yourself.

Because, fuck you. That’s why.

Nobody needs to give anyone else a reason to be armed.

A set up by who and for what?
Obviously it was either a set-up or a f*-up on the sheriff's part. The SWAT Team wasn't going to gear-up, climb into their armored vehicles, and raid the small bar - WITH CAMERAS / REPORTERS THERE - to arrest 7 patrons and a bar owner on their own, especially if the bar owner had informed the police in advance they were doing this.

It sounds like the sheriff has a lot of explaining to do.

It’s not a crime to be armed, motherfucker.
Then why are y’all freaking out that the police were also armed?
For the love of monkey fucking.

We’re not pissed that they were armed. We are pissed that those motherfuckers did this as a set up. The bar owner told them she was having this protest. They said it was OK. Then those motherfuckers rolled them with tanks and swat gear.

It is a bullshit show of force.

I’m done talking to your ass about this, because you appear to be a stupid motherfucker and I’m tired of explaining it.

Armed Texas SWAT Team Raids Daddy Zane’s
Bar in West Odessa After Breaking State Orders
and Reopening — 8 Arrested!

REALLY?

The Ector County Sheriff’s office sent out an armed SWAT team in military vehicles to counter a peaceful protest at Daddy Zane’s Bar in West Odessa on Monday. The Ector County SWAT Team arrested 8 people including the female bar owner Gabrielle Ellison.

gabrielle-ellison-600x338.jpg

Damn, she looks 'dangerous' - I'm surprised the SWAT team didn't call for back-up.....

WTF?

People have lost their damn minds with this Coronavirus shit....

The redest of Red Texas.

We’re not pissed that they were armed. We are pissed that those motherfuckers did this as a set up. The bar owner told them she was having this protest. They said it was OK. Then those motherfuckers rolled them with tanks and swat gear.

I’m done talking to your ass about this, because you appear to be a stupid motherfucker and I’m tired of explaining it.

So you’re not mad the police were armed but you’re mad the had swat gear, including arms?

So, what, you weren’t mad the police had guns but you were mad that they had helmets? Or was it the boots? I guess the “tank” pissed you off, for some reason.

You’re contradicting yourself because you’re full of shit.

HOLY SETUP!!

“Ellison says she even called the Ector County Sheriff's Department ahead of time to let them know there would be a peaceful protest at the bar when she reopened Monday. Ellison maintains she was told there wouldn't be any trouble as long people were not seen carrying firearms on the property.

“So Ellison made sure the demonstration took place in an area behind the bar, which she says is her private property. It was met with and shut down by force.

“Ector County Sheriff Mike Griffis sent in his department's SWAT team with guns drawn. The deputies arrested eight people, including Ellison.”

Fuck that Sheriff. Dude needs to go.

Seems odd that it would be a felony to carry a firearm in place that sells booze in Texas. The other protest at the gym had armed citizens and they weren’t arrested. I’m not very familiar with your gun laws in Texas.
To carry concealed or to open carry in a public place requires a license. One cannot carry concealed or open carry in an establishment that gets 51% of revenue from alcohol.

This was on private property, not in the bar.

How did the media / camera crews know to be at the bar when the SWAT Team showed up geared-up in their armored vehicles to raid the pre-coordinated peaceful pub protest?

Kinda reminds me how CNN just happened to have a camera crew near Michael Cohen's home when Mueller sent an armed/armored team to raid Cowen's home...

:cool:

Now, go fuck yourself.

Because, fuck you. That’s why.

Nobody needs to give anyone else a reason to be armed.

Triggered.

Why were the armed? To intimidate the police.

Two can play that game.

So you’re not mad the police were armed but you’re mad the had swat gear, including arms?

So, what, you weren’t mad the police had guns but you were mad that they had helmets? Or was it the boots? I guess the “tank” pissed you off, for some reason.

You’re contradicting yourself because you’re full of shit.
I have never seen any police department in Texas ever show up in armored vehicles to shut down a small protest like this. Come on dumb ass. Read the fucking article.

This was a clear demonstration of force, which was set up, for the sole purpose of intimidating the rest of the public.

If I have to explain this any further, you are too stupid to insult.

Forum List

Back