Expanded background checks fails in Senate

You are expected to drive within the speed limit. You are expected to pay your taxes

And there are penalties for not obeying those laws. Not the case with a personal transfer of a firearm in Switzerland.

Are you really this dumb? Really?

Again. shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, no.

Prove there are no penalties in Switzerland for knowingly selling a gun to someone who is not eligible to buy one.

Prove it or shut up.

What in the fuck is the point of you blabbering on about Switzerland? Good God, have you and TM been at the paint chips and vodka again? The tread is about background check in the US and failure of the Democratically controlled Senate to pass the bill.

It's tough to focus with all that lead and booze I suppose.

And there are penalties for not obeying those laws. Not the case with a personal transfer of a firearm in Switzerland.

Again, no.

Prove there are no penalties in Switzerland for knowingly selling a gun to someone who is not eligible to buy one.

Prove it or shut up.

What in the fuck is the point of you blabbering on about Switzerland? Good God, have you and TM been at the paint chips and vodka again? The tread is about background check in the US and failure of the Democratically controlled Senate to pass the bill.
To avoid having to defend his defeat, he puts up a red herring.

Prove it or shut up.

To avoid having to defend his defeat, he puts up a red herring.

That would appear to be the case.

Do background checks prevent anyone who is not a criminal or madman from getting a gun?

No.

So, background checks aren't "anti-gun", they're "anti-criminal" and "anti-psychopath".

Do background checks prevent anyone who is a criminal from getting a firearm?

No.

So, background checks are anti-logical and as well all know, the first step in universal registration.

Pass.

Guns are registered in Switzerland at the local level. Cantons are the name of the local divisions of Switzerland. Not every gun is registered, but gun registry is in fact a fact in Switzerland.

So all of you assholes who tried to lie to me when I asked a simple question,

Are guns in Switzerland registered?

you may all now apologize for lying and then shut up.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Swi....1,d.aWc&fp=bbc7b4edfaf51121&biw=1280&bih=610

Then move there.
This is America not Switzerland

Yeah, I hate to belabor a point, but, I have two questions:

So, that being said, I have 2 questions:

1. If you bitched and moaned about "Operation Fast and Furious", how the FUCK can you say that you are against background checks?

What kind of cognitive dissonance can exist in your mind, where you can get up in arms about a Government program that accidentally provided guns to criminals, and then turn around and make sure legislation doesn't pass that keeps guns out of the hands of criminals?

Now, I'm not defending "Fast & Furious". I'm pointing out that the exact reason why you people claimed to be all upset about it was that it put guns in the hands of criminals.

And here you all are, presented with a golden opportunity to prevent a much larger number of criminals from getting their hands on guns, and you specifically stop it from happening.

2. Since the same people in the Senate who voted against this legislation also were the same ones that were screaming about "Fast and Furious", how can they possibly expect anyone to take them seriously about ANYTHING?

What a bunch of damn hypocrites.

Again, no.

Prove it or shut up.

I responded to a poster who brought up Switzerland.

You could have chosen to stay out of the conversation, which, after seeing the stupidity of your posts on the subject,

you would have been well advised to do.

I've proven you ignorant and/or a liar. Maybe you'll have a better day tomorrow.

Guns are registered in Switzerland at the local level. Cantons are the name of the local divisions of Switzerland. Not every gun is registered, but gun registry is in fact a fact in Switzerland.

So all of you assholes who tried to lie to me when I asked a simple question,

Are guns in Switzerland registered?

you may all now apologize for lying and then shut up.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Swi....1,d.aWc&fp=bbc7b4edfaf51121&biw=1280&bih=610

Then move there.
This is America not Switzerland

It was the frosty haired grandma boedicca who tossed up Switzerland as the model FOR America.

Why don't you go rag on her wrinkly ass?

Last edited:
1. If you bitched and moaned about "Operation Fast and Furious", how the FUCK can you say that you are against background checks?
Backgrounds checks are a form of prior restraint in that they restrain an individual from exercising his right until such a time that the state determines that said exercise is not illegal.
Prior retraint is an infringement and is constitutionally permissible only in specific and extreme circumstances.

If you read the bill, its clear it does nothing but make a transfer cos an extra $10.00. It also required a background check on purchases made on line, which unless you hold an FFL you had to do anyway. The reason this failed was because of Democrats that voted against it. They did this because they dont want to give up their jobs so Obama can build his legacy. They remember 2010 and the health care debacle, and now that Obama care is on its way to failure, its just not worth it for them. For those who are pro gun control, this bill should piss you off. It was nothing but a shell game. You should be absolutely pissed that the political scum you support think you are so stupid that you would fall for this shit.

I have no idea why these moronic lefties don't denigrate the 4 DEMS that caused it to fail?

Prove it or shut up.

I responded to a poster who brought up Switzerland.

You could have chosen to stay out of the conversation, which, after seeing the stupidity of your posts on the subject,

you would have been well advised to do.

I've proven you ignorant and/or a liar. Maybe you'll have a better day tomorrow.

Yea, you go with that...:cuckoo:

So, you have two questions. Got it.

Because those dealers had reservations about selling to buyers they felt were illegitimate, yet were told by the ATF to make the sale, supposedly because they were going to follow the firearm to it's ultimate source, which they did not.

Pointing to that kind of massive failure by our central planners does not one must support universal background checks. It is however, an example of the inability of the feds to get their shit together, be it for tracing straw purchases or implementing background checks.

What kind of cognitive dissonance can exist in your mind, where you can get up in arms about a Government program that accidentally provided guns to criminals,

Accidentally my ass.

and then turn around and make sure legislation doesn't pass that keeps guns out of the hands of criminals?

Because your legislation does NOTHING to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. That's the point.

Now, I'm not defending "Fast & Furious". I'm pointing out that the exact reason why you people claimed to be all upset about it was that it put guns in the hands of criminals.

When the independent dealer would have pass on the sale, damn right.

And here you all are, presented with a golden opportunity to prevent a much larger number of criminals from getting their hands on guns, and you specifically stop it from happening.

Bullshit. This bill would have done nothing to prevent any criminals from obtaining a firearm. What in the fuck makes you think criminals would be impeded in any way because of a ban on magazines or a background check requirement.

You're delusional. Get help. Now.

2. Since the same people in the Senate who voted against this legislation also were the same ones that were screaming about "Fast and Furious", how can they possibly expect anyone to take them seriously about ANYTHING?

Harry Reid voted against this legislation. Just saying.

What a bunch of damn hypocrites.

Pot, kettle, I see you've met.

More innocent Americans will die because of right wing stupidity, many of them innocent children.

Same argument can be made of the left.

Actually, it can't.

Riiight...because impeding law abiding citizens from arming themselves against criminals that couldn't give two shits about your rules will certainly help the situation....:doubt:

You seek to put good people at a disadvantage when facing armed criminals...great fucking plan...:cuckoo:

Look at the video of Obama after the terrorist attack in Boston, he showed no emotion or anger at all, just read from a script

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ni8a8GxHre0

Now look at Obama after the gun control bill got defeated in the senate. His face is contorted and full of anger, and he has anger in his voice. And look at the sulking Joe Biden

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B8O03ExClM0

And here is a shorter version of Obama's outrage at the loss in the senate

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv5ZQuJdZIY

Where was this anger and emotion after the terrorist attack in Boston? This narcissistic dictator is more upset at losing on the gun issue than what happened in Boston. All that matters to Obama is winning the war on law-abiding citizens and the Constitution.

Obama is furious, all the children he used as props, using the families of the Sandy Hook children murdered as props, and his stunt of using "cops as props" to make it look like cops support his crap. Flying all his props in on Air Force One at taxpayer expense, and it failed!! Odumbo lllllooooooooooossssstttt! And he is furious.

I noticed a contradiction in what the female commentator said in the middle clip. She said 70% of republicans were against this bill, and then turned around and said 90% of Americans favor the bill. Something in those two stats don't add up.

I mean look at the guy, he looks like he's about to throw a tantrum right in front of the press and everybody!

75484057.jpg

I love seeing him with his panties in a wad. Maybe we can piss him off enough to quit.

Forum List

Back