Expanded background checks fails in Senate

It's what she does. It's all she does. The truth doesn't support her agenda, so lies it is.
It is impossible for the anti-gun loons to argue from a position other than emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.
They prove this true every single day.

Let's all be reminded that M14 believes there should be NO background checks whatsoever.

In his world, you could walk out of prison in the morning and buy a machine gun, no questions asked, in the afternoon, at any store that wanted to sell them.

That is the kind of people normal Americans are dealing with on this issue.

God forbid we actually focus on the ACTIONS people take and not the inanimate objects they may or may not posses. Tool.

I should have known you were lying because you are an official USMB asshole:

Guns in Switzerland: Facts, Figures and Firearm Law

Uh, you're gun grabbing Lefty blog there is incorrect. To buy a gun from an individual, no permit is needed in Switzerland. Hell, even Wiki got it right!

Fail again...

You have provided NO evidence. Prove to me that no guns are licensed or registered in Switzerland.

Never said "no" guns are registered. Their assault weapons (actual full auto firearms) require registration, just like in the US.

Now you prove that sales between individuals requires registration. It was your assertion, it's your job to back it up. Good luck, because you're wrong. And no, a blog from someone's basement doesn't count.

No one is arguing to the contrary.

Correct. People who do not break the law are not criminals. Thanks for that Captain Obvious.

But there is.

But there is a penalty for the seller.

No, it's like having a law against buying or selling heroin.

My goodness, does it hurt to always be so damn wrong?

It's only illegal to sell a gun to a felon if it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the seller knew the person was a felon.

Same hold true in the case of an FFL dealer selling a firearm. If the background check misses that the buyer is a felon, which happens more than occasionally, the dealer is generally not held accountable.

Once again, the truth is not supporting your agenda.

That supports my point entirely. It's not illegal to sell a gun to a felon if it's not known the person is a felon.

The more you expand background checks, the more felons you identify. Only the people who want felons to get guns can argue with that.

He'll just ignore it, it doesn't fit his narrative.

Since the seller isn't required to do a background check, and since it is not illegal to UNKNOWINGLY sell a gun to a felon, as that link makes CLEAR,

I am right and in fact the above further proves MY point.

Moving the goal posts again I see. Your original statement still stands as a lie. You stated "It is not illegal for you, personally and privately, to sell a gun to a felon". Yes, it is illegal.
Lying sack a shit.
Moreso than that -- an intellectually honest sack of shit.
People like him are why the anti-gun loons are losing, and will always lose, the argument on guns.

It's what she does. It's all she does. The truth doesn't support her agenda, so lies it is.
It is impossible for the anti-gun loons to argue from a position other than emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.
They prove this true every single day.

Let's all be reminded that M14 believes there should be NO background checks whatsoever.
Let's all be reminded that background checks are a total wast of time, money and energy.

In his world, you could walk out of prison in the morning and buy a machine gun, no questions asked, in the afternoon, at any store that wanted to sell them.

That is the kind of people normal Americans are dealing with on this issue.
Lying is a shit way to try to get your point across...No wonder idiots like you lost yesterday. :lol:

It's only illegal to sell a gun to a felon if it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the seller knew the person was a felon.

Same hold true in the case of an FFL dealer selling a firearm. If the background check misses that the buyer is a felon, which happens more than occasionally, the dealer is generally not held accountable.

That supports my point entirely. It's not illegal to sell a gun to a felon if it's not known the person is a felon.

Which is not at all what you original stated. No biggie, we're used to your lies.

The more you expand background checks, the more felons you identify.

Didn't work in the states that require background checks. But I'm sure if only you were in charge, it would work perfectly...:doubt:

Only the people who want felons to get guns can argue with that

Broke out the strawman early this morning I see.

Pathetic tool.

Uh, you're gun grabbing Lefty blog there is incorrect. To buy a gun from an individual, no permit is needed in Switzerland. Hell, even Wiki got it right!

Fail again...

You have provided NO evidence. Prove to me that no guns are licensed or registered in Switzerland.

Never said "no" guns are registered.

Oh really?

Let's review:

Are guns registered in Switzerland?

Nope. To buy a gun from an individual in Switzerland, no permit is needed and registration is not required.

You are a sad little man. lol

The more you expand background checks, the more felons you identify. Only the people who want felons to get guns can argue with that.
That's the stupidest shit you've said on this or any topic in quite some time....And that covers a lot of ground of stupidity. :lol:

Since the seller isn't required to do a background check, and since it is not illegal to UNKNOWINGLY sell a gun to a felon, as that link makes CLEAR,

I am right and in fact the above further proves MY point.

Moving the goal posts again I see. Your original statement still stands as a lie. You stated "It is not illegal for you, personally and privately, to sell a gun to a felon". Yes, it is illegal.
Lying sack a shit.
People like him are why the anti-gun loons are losing, and will always lose, the argument on guns.

Him...her...what exactly is it?

Laws against felons buying guns are constitutional.

The government has the right to enforce constitutional laws by whatever means necessary, as long as the means themselves are constitutional.

There is no violation of the 2nd amendment in an enforcement mechanism that checks the criminal record of a person attempting to buy a gun. That is legitimate enforcement of a legitimate law.

Sure. What’s your point? This law was meaningless. Required background checks on all weapon sales is completely unenforceable, will do nothing to prevent criminals from obtaining weapons and has no real impact other than making it virtually impossible for a citizen to sell a weapon that they no longer want.

A point was made earlier that it is ALREADY ILLEGAL to sell weapons to a felon. It’s already on the books. It is unenforceable because you can just say that you did not know they were a felon though. Tell me, how is requiring background checks different? I could just deny that I sold the weapon entirely. There is no way that you could enforce the said requirement UNLESS you establish a gun registry.

On that basis ALONE, such an amendment should be canned entirely if it does not include the required registry. If it does, I believe that it should be canned anyway because registries are bullshit and the government has no need to know what I have legally purchased.

You're trying so hard to find imperfections in a law when every law has imperfections, and every law gets broken.

Why have background checks at gun stores, gun dealers etc.? Your post is very telling and very representative of the new gun nut extremism that has arisen.

You would have no background checks, and felons would buy guns no questions asked, and your view is typical of the nuts on this board.

There's reason less than 10% of Americans even partially agree with you. It's because you're part of the lunatic fringe.

I am not trying hard at all; the fact that it would be unenforceable is GLARING. It is obvious to anyone that actually bothers to look at this objectively.

Further, I have no problem with background checks in gun stores. There is a MASSIVE difference in that one is an onerous requirement for a personal sale but is not onerous at all for a business that sells many weapons. The reality here is that grandpa having to perform a background check on his son to pass a weapon onto him or to sell one to his neighbor that he has known for 10 years is not only onerous but asinine. To add a requirement for someone to gain a background check on a personal sale will solve nothing (no matter how much you assume and demand it will you have nothing to show that it will) and only cause problems for those that want to legitimately sell their weapons.

In the case of gun dealer, we are now talking about businesses and that is another ball game. Regulations on business are a fact and within the government’s responsibilities to manage. Further, it is not overly onerous. It would be akin to demanding that selling a sandwich to a friend should have to go through the same USDA requirements that a full restaurant go through. Pointless and, again, unenforceable.

You keep stating that the ‘gun nuts’ are against sound policy and reason BUT you still have not posted any actual facts. Dozens of gun control threads and not a single fact that supports ANY claims for gun control. This is getting old. Yet ANOTHER thread where you ignore facts because they don’t agree with your predispositions. Where are you in the other threads where I posted lengthy facts and tables with gun control realities and the complete non-impact that they had on deaths? Why are you running away to other threads and calling people names without addressing any of it?

I see some Democrats finally come to their senses.

So you're completely for psychopaths obtaining the guns that are used to make all of us gun owners look bad?

You do realize that if the background checks fail, they will just restrict guns themselves more right?
Nobody "makes" anyone look bad.....Lolberals can do that all by themselves without any help. :lol:

That's the stupidest shit you've said on this or any topic in quite some time....And that covers a lot of ground of stupidity. :lol:

The more you expand laws and regulations, the more formerly law-abiding citizens can be classified (and controlled) as criminals.

Oh really?

Let's review:

Nope. To buy a gun from an individual in Switzerland, no permit is needed and registration is not required.

Right, to buy from an individual, no registration is required. That's a fact. Do you not understand the concept of a qualifier in a sentence?

Lying sack a shit.

Him...her...what exactly is it?
"Loon".

Fail again...

Never said "no" guns are registered. Their assault weapons (actual full auto firearms) require registration, just like in the US.

Now you prove that sales between individuals requires registration. It was your assertion, it's your job to back it up. Good luck, because you're wrong. And no, a blog from someone's basement doesn't count.

I can prove it from Wiki, since you cited Wiki as the reliable source on this issue:

To buy a gun from an individual, no permit is needed, but the seller is expected to establish a reasonable certainty that the purchaser will fulfill the above-mentioned conditions (usually done through a Criminal Records Bureau check). The participants in such a transaction are required to prepare a written contract detailing the identities of both vendor and purchaser, the weapon's type, manufacturer, and serial number. The law requires the written contract to be kept for ten years by the buyer and seller.

That is registration. A government required contract registering the gun, the seller, and the buyer.

So, please, shut the fuck up.

I can prove it from Wiki, since you cited Wiki as the reliable source on this issue:

To buy a gun from an individual, no permit is needed, but the seller is expected to establish a reasonable certainty that the purchaser will fulfill the above-mentioned conditions (usually done through a Criminal Records Bureau check). The participants in such a transaction are required to prepare a written contract detailing the identities of both vendor and purchaser, the weapon's type, manufacturer, and serial number. The law requires the written contract to be kept for ten years by the buyer and seller.

That is registration. A government required contract registering the gun, the seller, and the buyer.

So, please, shut the fuck up.

No, it's not. "The seller is expected..."

Wasn't it you that argued if if it's not a requirement, it's effectively a pass on the law? Why, yes it was!

The irony is as thick with this one.

Lying liars gonna lie. What can you do???

Oh really?

Let's review:

Right, to buy from an individual, no registration is required. That's a fact. Do you not understand the concept of a qualifier in a sentence?

You need a permit in Switzerland to even own a gun in the first place you idiot. The exceptions are few.

My original question was are guns registered in Switzerland? Why don't you answer the original question?

Forum List

Back