Expanded background checks fails in Senate

This is easily solved....

To see if crime rates are affected by gun laws, let's look at the areas with the strictest gun laws....

My. They certainly appear to be affected. It appears that in cities with strict gun laws, the criminals own the town.

That was easy.

Indeed.

An armed society is a much more civil society.

Want a case study?: Switzerland.

Are guns registered in Switzerland?

Nope. To buy a gun from an individual in Switzerland, no permit is needed and registration is not required.

They don't NOW. Why is a new law needed if a law for it already exists?

Ok, you're an idiot, but for argument's sake let's pretend you have a point.

Let's pretend this law has limited impact. Let's pretend this law merely closes some loopholes in the requirements to undergo a background check whenever and wherever you buy a gun,

oh wait, that's what the law does...anyway, so this law only tightens up the already in place background check system,

tries to make it more efficient in a small way...

The question is, why are you idiots acting like it would be the end of the world if this law passed?

Why are you idiots acting as though this is the most colossal infringement of gunrights in the history of the Republic?

Put another way, how can you be so stupid as to oppose a law that only makes small changes in the background check system, and is supported by 90% of Americans,

all because you believe it's signaling the end of the world?

What is wrong with you, exactly?
Why are idiots like you refusing to accept the fact that criminals don't give a flying fuck about the law?

We put criminals in PRISON for breaking the law. If there is no law there to break, then we can't put the criminal in prison because he's not a criminal.

If there is no law against selling guns to felons, then the felon gets to possess a gun illegally with no penalty for the seller.

It's like having a law against buying heroin, but no law against selling it.

It is not illegal for you, personally and privately, to sell a gun to a felon. It should be.
This is a lie.

(d) It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person -
(1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year
(2) is a fugitive from justice;
(3) is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));
(4) has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;
(5) who, being an alien - (A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States; or (B) except as provided in subsection (y)(2), has been admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa (as that term is defined in section 101(a)(26) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(26)));
(6) who (!2) has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
(7) who, having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his citizenship;
(8) is subject to a court order that restrains such person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner of such person or child of such intimate partner or person, or engaging in other conduct that would place an intimate partner in reasonable fear of bodily injury to the partner or child

lol, you changed your tune rather quickly. Ten minutes ago there was nothing new in the law, according to you.

Again, are you a felon?
Well you can lol all you want, but I didn't change jack shit, idiot. I said it is NOW illegal for a felon to own a firearm. That's what I said, and now I have to repeat it for a moron.

However I do see you ignored my question to you. Typical of a libtard just in here blowing his gas. So noted you can't answer shit.

Again, are you felon? And since we're asking irrelevant questions, are you also fat? Got an obama bumper sticker on your Prius? Do you work at the local abortion clinic? Spit on any Christians lately? Is your mommies basement where you live damp? Do you spend your food stamps at the nudie bar?

It is not illegal for you, personally and privately, to sell a gun to a felon. It should be.

Wrong again. It is illegal for a person to knowingly provide or sell a firearm to a felon.

He'll just ignore it, it doesn't fit his narrative.

This is a lie.

(d) It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person -
(1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year
(3) is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));
(4) has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;
(5) who, being an alien - (A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States; or (B) except as provided in subsection (y)(2), has been admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa (as that term is defined in section 101(a)(26) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(26)));
(6) who (!2) has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
(7) who, having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his citizenship;
(8) is subject to a court order that restrains such person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner of such person or child of such intimate partner or person, or engaging in other conduct that would place an intimate partner in reasonable fear of bodily injury to the partner or child

That's the way totalitarians work. They appeal to emotion and try to get the permission of the people they intend to oppress.

This is a lie.

Since the seller isn't required to do a background check, and since it is not illegal to UNKNOWINGLY sell a gun to a felon, as that link makes CLEAR,

I am right and in fact the above further proves MY point.

Ok, you're an idiot, but for argument's sake let's pretend you have a point.

Let's pretend this law has limited impact. Let's pretend this law merely closes some loopholes in the requirements to undergo a background check whenever and wherever you buy a gun,

oh wait, that's what the law does...anyway, so this law only tightens up the already in place background check system,

tries to make it more efficient in a small way...

The question is, why are you idiots acting like it would be the end of the world if this law passed?

Why are you idiots acting as though this is the most colossal infringement of gunrights in the history of the Republic?

Put another way, how can you be so stupid as to oppose a law that only makes small changes in the background check system, and is supported by 90% of Americans,

all because you believe it's signaling the end of the world?

What is wrong with you, exactly?
Why are idiots like you refusing to accept the fact that criminals don't give a flying fuck about the law?

We put criminals in PRISON for breaking the law.

No one is arguing to the contrary.

If there is no law there to break, then we can't put the criminal in prison because he's not a criminal.

Correct. People who do not break the law are not criminals. Thanks for that Captain Obvious.

If there is no law against selling guns to felons,

But there is.

then the felon gets to possess a gun illegally with no penalty for the seller

But there is a penalty for the seller.

No, it's like having a law against buying or selling heroin.

My goodness, does it hurt to always be so damn wrong?

Correct. People who do not break the law are not criminals. Thanks for that Captain Obvious.

But there is.

then the felon gets to possess a gun illegally with no penalty for the seller

It's only illegal to sell a gun to a felon if it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the seller knew the person was a felon.

By not requiring the background check, you simply assure that in almost all cases the seller can plead ignorance.

Are guns registered in Switzerland?

Nope. To buy a gun from an individual in Switzerland, no permit is needed and registration is not required.

I should have known you were lying because you are an official USMB asshole:

Guns in Switzerland: Facts, Figures and Firearm Law

Uh, you're gun grabbing Lefty blog there is incorrect. To buy a gun from an individual, no permit is needed in Switzerland. Hell, even Wiki got it right!

Fail again...

This is a lie.

It's what she does. It's all she does. The truth doesn't support her agenda, so lies it is.
It is impossible for the anti-gun loons to argue from a position other than emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.
They prove this true every single day.

Let's all be reminded that M14 believes there should be NO background checks whatsoever.

In his world, you could walk out of prison in the morning and buy a machine gun, no questions asked, in the afternoon, at any store that wanted to sell them.

That is the kind of people normal Americans are dealing with on this issue.

This is a lie.

Since the seller isn't required to do a background check, and since it is not illegal to UNKNOWINGLY sell a gun to a felon, as that link makes CLEAR,

I am right and in fact the above further proves MY point.

Moving the goal posts again I see. Your original statement still stands as a lie. You stated "It is not illegal for you, personally and privately, to sell a gun to a felon". Yes, it is illegal.

Lying sack a shit.

The bad day is that they didn't expand background checks to internet and gun show sales. That seems common sense to me and maybe for the first time I can understand Obama's outrage (although I did think it was beneath the office the the Presidency and classless). It seems common sense to make sure that a person seeking to buy a gun is legally able to do so!
BREAKING: Senate Kills Major Gun Legislation - Guy Benson
The Public Safety and Second Amendment Rights Protection Act (Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., and three co-sponsors): The compromise background check provision expands background checks to gun shows and Internet sales, but exempts family-to-family and other in-home sales. It also authorizes $400 million to upgrade the national background check database and reduces the turnaround time for background checks from three days to two days; in four years, it would be reduced to one day

The good day, we shot down (no pun intended) the boneheaded "assault" weapon ban! The assault weapon ban went down 40 yes and 60 NOs
- The Assault Weapons Ban (Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., and 23 co-sponsors): The amendment bans the sale, transfer and importation of assault rifles, including 157 specifically mentioned in the law -- a broader definition than existed from 1994 to 2004. Current lawful owners of assault weapons would be grandfathered.

- The Large-Capacity Magazine Feeding Devices Amendment (Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., and 21 co-sponsors): The measure would ban magazines and other devices holding more than 10 rounds, but exempts .22 caliber rifles. Police officers -- both on- and off-duty -- would also be exempted. It also authorizes federally funded gun buyback programs to purchase high-capacity magazines

I should have known you were lying because you are an official USMB asshole:

Guns in Switzerland: Facts, Figures and Firearm Law

Uh, you're gun grabbing Lefty blog there is incorrect. To buy a gun from an individual, no permit is needed in Switzerland. Hell, even Wiki got it right!

Fail again...

You have provided NO evidence. Prove to me that no guns are licensed or registered in Switzerland.

But there is.

It's only illegal to sell a gun to a felon if it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the seller knew the person was a felon.

Same hold true in the case of an FFL dealer selling a firearm. If the background check misses that the buyer is a felon, which happens more than occasionally, the dealer is generally not held accountable.

Once again, the truth is not supporting your agenda.

Forum List

Back