Expanded background checks fails in Senate

They don't NOW. Why is a new law needed if a law for it already exists?

Ok, you're an idiot, but for argument's sake let's pretend you have a point.

Let's pretend this law has limited impact. Let's pretend this law merely closes some loopholes in the requirements to undergo a background check whenever and wherever you buy a gun,

oh wait, that's what the law does...anyway, so this law only tightens up the already in place background check system,

tries to make it more efficient in a small way...

The question is, why are you idiots acting like it would be the end of the world if this law passed?

Why are you idiots acting as though this is the most colossal infringement of gunrights in the history of the Republic?

Put another way, how can you be so stupid as to oppose a law that only makes small changes in the background check system, and is supported by 90% of Americans,

all because you believe it's signaling the end of the world?

What is wrong with you, exactly?
OK... just once... just for you and every libroid jackass like you that doesn't get it... first of all this 90% bull shit you're throwing around is just that, BULL SHIT! This new legislation dying off is PROOF of that. Second of all, there was FAR MORE than just expanded back ground checks in this bill. It was the beginning push for a NATIONAL GUN REGISTRY, and don't act all like EVERYONE didn't KNOW IT. Third, the second amendment states, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED," what fucking part of that don't you morons get? We have laws on top of laws about gun control and back ground checks now, and LESS THAN HALF OF THEM ARE ENFORCED. Now you answer me, WHY in the FUCK do you think passing NEW laws is going to fix anything when the EXISTING laws AREN'T BEING ENFORCED? For God's sake... get a fucking clue. People aren't buying your PATHETIC lines of SHIT anymore.

Are you a felon?
Are you?

lol, you changed your tune rather quickly. Ten minutes ago there was nothing new in the law, according to you.

Again, are you a felon?

Laws against felons buying guns are constitutional.

The government has the right to enforce constitutional laws by whatever means necessary, as long as the means themselves are constitutional.

There is no violation of the 2nd amendment in an enforcement mechanism that checks the criminal record of a person attempting to buy a gun. That is legitimate enforcement of a legitimate law.

What right do you relinquish if the government doesn't let felons have guns legally? Are you a felon?

Let's pretend this law has limited impact. Let's pretend this law merely closes some loopholes in the requirements to undergo a background check whenever and wherever you buy a gun,

oh wait, that's what the law does...anyway, so this law only tightens up the already in place background check system,

The question is, why are you idiots acting like it would be the end of the world if this law passed?

Why are you idiots acting as though this is the most colossal infringement of gunrights in the history of the Republic?

Put another way, how can you be so stupid as to oppose a law that only makes small changes in the background check system, and is supported by 90% of Americans,

Why are idiots like you refusing to accept the fact that criminals don't give a flying fuck about the law?

More innocent Americans will die because of right wing stupidity, many of them innocent children.

And even more Americans will be alive because they used their personal firearm to save themselves from the criminals who laugh at the idea of following laws in the first place.

Where is the credible totally independent source to verify that allegation. The NRA has obstructed all meaningful gun crime statistics therefore there is none.
Where is the credible, totally independent source, that says that criminals will use background checks?

You people and your NRA boogermen crack Me up.

It simply never occurs to you that the vast majority of people who support and defend the Second Amendment do so without the need of the NRA, nor because the NRA tells them to do so.

They are just simply smarter than you are.

This is easily solved....

To see if crime rates are affected by gun laws, let's look at the areas with the strictest gun laws....

My. They certainly appear to be affected. It appears that in cities with strict gun laws, the criminals own the town.

That was easy.

Expanded background checks would not have prevented the Newtown shooting.
Expanded background checks will not prevent another like it.
So...
Expanded background checks failed to pass because they are not a rational, reasoned response to the Newtown shooting.

OK... just once... just for you and every libroid jackass like you that doesn't get it... first of all this 90% bull shit you're throwing around is just that, BULL SHIT! This new legislation dying off is PROOF of that. Second of all, there was FAR MORE than just expanded back ground checks in this bill. It was the beginning push for a NATIONAL GUN REGISTRY, and don't act all like EVERYONE didn't KNOW IT. Third, the second amendment states, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED," what fucking part of that don't you morons get? We have laws on top of laws about gun control and back ground checks now, and LESS THAN HALF OF THEM ARE ENFORCED. Now you answer me, WHY in the FUCK do you think passing NEW laws is going to fix anything when the EXISTING laws AREN'T BEING ENFORCED? For God's sake... get a fucking clue. People aren't buying your PATHETIC lines of SHIT anymore.

Are you a felon?
Are you?

lol, you changed your tune rather quickly. Ten minutes ago there was nothing new in the law, according to you.

Again, are you a felon?

Why are you in need of a felon? You really seemed to be obsessed.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

To see if crime rates are affected by gun laws, let's look at the areas with the strictest gun laws....

My. They certainly appear to be affected. It appears that in cities with strict gun laws, the criminals own the town.

That was easy.

Indeed.

An armed society is a much more civil society.

Want a case study?: Switzerland.

Expanded background checks would not have prevented the Newtown shooting.
Expanded background checks will not prevent another like it.
So...
Expanded background checks failed to pass because they are not a rational, reasoned response to the Newtown shooting.

Expanded background checks are intended to make purchasing a gun as difficult as ObamaCare is making health care more expensive.

The government has the right to enforce constitutional laws by whatever means necessary, as long as the means themselves are constitutional.

There is no violation of the 2nd amendment in an enforcement mechanism that checks the criminal record of a person attempting to buy a gun. That is legitimate enforcement of a legitimate law.

Sure. What’s your point? This law was meaningless. Required background checks on all weapon sales is completely unenforceable, will do nothing to prevent criminals from obtaining weapons and has no real impact other than making it virtually impossible for a citizen to sell a weapon that they no longer want.

A point was made earlier that it is ALREADY ILLEGAL to sell weapons to a felon. It’s already on the books. It is unenforceable because you can just say that you did not know they were a felon though. Tell me, how is requiring background checks different? I could just deny that I sold the weapon entirely. There is no way that you could enforce the said requirement UNLESS you establish a gun registry.

On that basis ALONE, such an amendment should be canned entirely if it does not include the required registry. If it does, I believe that it should be canned anyway because registries are bullshit and the government has no need to know what I have legally purchased.

Sure. What’s your point? This law was meaningless. Required background checks on all weapon sales is completely unenforceable, will do nothing to prevent criminals from obtaining weapons and has no real impact other than making it virtually impossible for a citizen to sell a weapon that they no longer want.

A point was made earlier that it is ALREADY ILLEGAL to sell weapons to a felon. It’s already on the books. It is unenforceable because you can just say that you did not know they were a felon though. Tell me, how is requiring background checks different? I could just deny that I sold the weapon entirely. There is no way that you could enforce the said requirement UNLESS you establish a gun registry.

On that basis ALONE, such an amendment should be canned entirely if it does not include the required registry. If it does, I believe that it should be canned anyway because registries are bullshit and the government has no need to know what I have legally purchased.
Universal background checks can only be enforced thru universal registration.
Guess what they will push for next, should univeral backround checks every pass into law.

Are you a felon?
Are you?

Again, are you a felon?
Well you can lol all you want, but I didn't change jack shit, idiot. I said it is NOW illegal for a felon to own a firearm. That's what I said, and now I have to repeat it for a moron.

However I do see you ignored my question to you. Typical of a libtard just in here blowing his gas. So noted you can't answer shit.

Again, are you felon? And since we're asking irrelevant questions, are you also fat? Got an obama bumper sticker on your Prius? Do you work at the local abortion clinic? Spit on any Christians lately? Is your mommies basement where you live damp? Do you spend your food stamps at the nudie bar?

Last edited:

Are you?

Again, are you a felon?
Well you can lol all you want, but I didn't change jack shit, idiot. I said it is NOW illegal for a felon to own a firearm and we already have back ground checks. That's what I said, and now I have to repeat it for a moron.

However I do see you ignored my question to you. Typical of a libtard just in here blowing his gas. So noted you can't answer shit.

Again, are you felon? And since we're asking irrelevant questions, are you also fat?

Well you know how that works. The government passes laws and funds programs that are badly designed and implemented, and fail to accomplish anything. Their solution is to pass even more bad laws and to fund additional ineffective programs that are designed to accomplish the exact same things as the failed ones.

That is why we have elevenseventy duplicate job training programs...resulting in no new jobs.

whatever one thinks of the merits of the gun control bill, this is abig day for the opponents of the agenda of barrack obama.

Fact is -- he took a good ole fashioned bitch slappin' (i dropped the g in honor of obama; he loves to do that) at the hands of the NRA and he isnt dealing with it well. he should take it like a man and not liike a whinny little boy. But of course he doesnt deal with adversity well.

The real important thing here isnt the merits of some stupid expanded background check which would accomplish nothing and the NRA didnt even oppose at one time. Its about stopping his agenda and showing him that the election really isnt the mandate he is trying to claim it was. Fact is he has badly misread this election - as have a lot of Republicans / conservatives. Had this passed it would have strengthened him with respect to bigger issues like taxing and spending. This is a big big defeat for him - he went all in on this (because hes dumb) and got his ass kicked. Now he looks weak and ineffective. The conservatives have him on the ropes right now ; they can finish him by killing immigration reform.

This should really be a cue to the conservatives as to how to deal with him going forward especially on immigration. Stop that bill and he is as lame a duck presicent as you ever will see.

Also, does this become the convenient excuse for the Dems to kick Biden to the curb for 2016 like they want to? Throw him under the bus for this?

Are you?

Again, are you a felon?
Well you can lol all you want, but I didn't change jack shit, idiot. I said it is NOW illegal for a felon to own a firearm. That's what I said, and now I have to repeat it for a moron.

Again, are you felon? And since we're asking irrelevant questions, are you also fat? Got an obama bumper sticker on your Prius? Do you work at the local abortion clinic? Spit on any Christians lately? Is your mommies basement where you live damp? Do you spend your food stamps at the nudie bar?
I wonder also, has he stopped beating his wife?

You're trying so hard to find imperfections in a law when every law has imperfections, and every law gets broken.

Why have background checks at gun stores, gun dealers etc.? Your post is very telling and very representative of the new gun nut extremism that has arisen.

You would have no background checks, and felons would buy guns no questions asked, and your view is typical of the nuts on this board.

There's reason less than 10% of Americans even partially agree with you. It's because you're part of the lunatic fringe.

That was easy.

Indeed.

An armed society is a much more civil society.

Want a case study?: Switzerland.

Are guns registered in Switzerland?

Are you?

Again, are you a felon?

It is not illegal for you, personally and privately, to sell a gun to a felon. It should be.

Forum List

Back