expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

Last edited:
well said.

1. You don’t know what you’re talking about. If I want amenities I’ll stay home. Give the players bells and whistles with an amazing training facility and locker rooms, etc. I’m probably the only one here posting with actual skin in the game as a season ticket holder and I can tell you I want exactly what he proposed. Sure, I’d love wi-fi and a few extra cell towers to make it easier to meet up with my buddies and post the occasional pic from my phone, but I don’t want a fancy concourse with craft beer and fancy food trucks. I want a great GAME experience. I want an environment where opposing teams are intimidated like Seattle. I want the visitor to want to warm up on the 20 yard line instead of near us in the Black Hole because they are intimidated or because they know we will make it so loud they can’t easily go through their walkthrough. I want no more than 60,000 seats because I want the value of my ticket to mean something when the Raiders right the ship. I don’t care about hosting Super Bowls. Let Santa Clara do that. Oakland will get a lot of financial benefit from people staying in hotels for Super Bowls 20 miles away without all the cost. I love tailgating at Raiders games. It is one of the best experiences in all the NFL (and I’ve been to 20+ stadiums for games). We need a good field, quality facilities for players, and seats. That’s it.

Someone said it the other day – in Oakland, we’d prefer to play a game in a field with headlights on. We don’t want comfy…we want spartan. I don’t care if my seat is super comfy – this isn’t baseball – I stand for most of the game. I don’t want tons of fancy concession stands…I want bathrooms and concourses wide enough to easily reach them at halftime.

The big criticism in Santa Clara is that is it too corporate. Same in Dallas. There isn’t a home field advantage because it is so expensive you get a bunch of rich guys with Sculpin and their spoiled brat 4 year olds who don’t actually cheer and create a great football environment. I want seats pointed at the field and places I can get Bud/Coors light and where I can feel like I helped my team by disrupting the opposing offense with noise. If I want a comfy seat and craft beer a stadium can never do that better than my couch, which is 500 miles from the stadium. I pay to fly up from Southern California for every game – so if I wanna be comfy with tons of bells & whistles I’ll simply stay home and save my $.

Know this – Mark Davis knows a LOT more about the Raiders and their fans than you ever will. He said exactly what most of us fans wanted to hear with regard to the stadium. The city and county do need to chip in because they do stand to benefit economically via jobs and taxes and all the other events the stadium can hold.

2. learysdisciples says:May 30, 2015 3:03 PM

Last edited:
this guy nailed it on the carson project.

That is absolutely hilarious. Robles is so far over his head in this whole game, it's comical. Every time he's on the radio, he constantly bashes the Inglewood project. Kind of funny that you never hear Inglewood Mayor James T. Butts going on the radio and bashing Carson. Robles clearly knows that the Carson proposal is on the verge of being eliminated, and has no idea how to handle the rejection publicly.

I like that last paragraph.

Collision course Three NFL teams interested in L.A. Solution requires flexibility

could be possible.

Rams moving to Inglewood: 100%. The narrative has not changed since January 5th announcement of building Inglewood. All systems go. StL is ankle deep in lawsuits and knee deep in running out of time.
2- Chargers moving to LA: 75%. Spanos' heart is in San Diego but with a history of deals falling through between him and the city, Spanos will rather risk moving to LA, then risk giving up the LA market once and for all to a determined Kroenke. Get ready, the Fabiani spin circusis about to start.
3- Raiders staying in Oakland: 90% Davis wants to stay, so bad that he has shown his cards to the media. He keeps singing the "I need $400 million" to the NFL and is willing to settle for bare minimum stadium.
What will happen:
Davis knows he will not have LA because the NFL wants only two teams in Southern California and one stadium. The Chargers are in and the Rams will move. However the LA move will be expensive to Spanos and Kroenke. Look for $200 to $300 million heading to The Raiders in relocation fees from the Chargers and the Rams to keep them in Oakland. Spanos and Kroenke will compromise and figure out a time table to move ultimate together in Inglewood.

Last edited:
@DailyNewsVinny: "Kroenke will argue the lease clause St. Louis agreed to upon luring the Rams from Southern California 20 years ago – and ultimately reneged on – means he is a free agent not bound to any specific market. He’ll also argue the Rams, with all their L.A. history and ready-made fan base, offer the NFL the best chance to succeed in L.A."

Collision course Three NFL teams interested in L.A. Solution requires flexibility

Well since last month vinny , The San Diego Chargers began stadium talks with the San Diego new stadium task force and I'm sure that Spanos will quit the leverage game and take the new stadium proposal . Now when this happens , the Raiders are out of any chance of moving to Carson because Goldman Sachs , who is suppose to be financing this whole deal , wants two teams in Carson , not one . So the Oakland Raiders got a new training facility , and without any where to go now , they'll stay and hope that a new stadium deal is in the near future . The North Riverfront stadium proposal in St Louis will be tied up in the courts for months to come . The Carson stadium proposal is under alot of scrutiny because although all of these plans and agreements being made looks fine on paper , nothing is being documented . The crafty land deal also made by Carson for the stadium site is also under suspicion.

And 2 days ago , Stan Kroenke's Inglewood stadium project had entered it's final stage of preparations to begin construction by the implosion of the old Holly Park race track grandstand .

So what is this ' Collision Course ' your talking about ... ? The only collision course I see here is your foot in your mouth .

@Eric_Schmitt: “Well, there hasn’t really been a proposal put forward in the legislature, which is really interesting about this whole thing. Anytime you are talking about taxpayer money, it deserves a lot of scrutiny.”

State Sen. Eric Schmitt says he can’t make a decision on public funding for the stadium until there’s an actualfinancingpackage presented for consideration.

Lawmakers Concerned About Public Funding for New Stadium CBS St. Louis

there is definitely a difference between LA Raider fans and Oakland Raider fans. We stood with Oakland fans protesting at the NFL Owners Meeting last month in San Francisco, and they are welcoming all Rams fans to come up in August for the preseason opener! It's going to be a great day, be there!

Last edited:
A Way to keep St. Louis involved in NFL to Los Angeles saga The NFL in L.A. with Vincent Bonsignore

Officials Tight-Lipped After First Chargers Stadium Meeting KPBS

The only real obstacle is money and how much debt that the teams can carry. The NFL will overlook anything they want except debt levels. They did just increase it for borrowing for stadium development. but how do you use a stadium that know one wantsto own as collateral. The Rams have an owner that has the net worth to relocate the Rams on his own and he doesn't have to rely on the help of the NFL to get a stadium built. The Chargers and Raiders need the assistance from the NFL and others to be able to build a stadium which puts them in a weaker position.

STEVE MASON.
just say it vinnie.The Rams are coming back to LA.stop with the chargers/raiders BS.kroneke and Inglewood are happening.

Will an NFL team play in Los Angeles by 2016 - NFL Videos

Last edited:
Missed deadline means no St. Louis stadium vote this summer - KFVS12 News Weather Cape Girardeau Carbondale Poplar Bluff

Posted? "Recent developments have shown that the St Louis stadium project has “missed the deadline to get a measure on the August Ballot” as stated by ‘The Associated Press’, meaning that the residents of St Louis will not vote on using tax money to fund the riverfront stadium as early as the stadium project team would’ve liked. This delay could set the date of this vote as far back as November.

Moreover, the board that runs the Edward Jones Dome is suing the development team for this new stadium in state-court, about using tax-payers money to fund this stadium, delaying the progress even further for Peacock and Blitz, and could potentially end to this development, using terms like ‘illegal’ and ‘overly broad’".

14 Questions for Lawmakers Suing Over the St. Louis NFL Stadium - 101Sports.com

This guy is a joke. I am just a fan and I could solidly answer every question to the point that he is embarrassed in just a matter of seconds, off the top of my head. Where has he been that he seriously does not have any idea of the answers to his own lame questions?

Forum List

Back