Explain to me, the lawful meaning of "SHALL"

Eh... why am I even acknowledging you at this point?

Are you serious? For even one iota of a moment in your life?

Shall not be infringed. = May not be infringed.

The right of the people to bear arms shall (may) not be infringed.

Looks like a command to me.

You have very little understanding of how legal definitions work.

The funny button is down there, to the right corner of this post.

Well, obviously the above moron got a law degree from Trump University......LOL

(go play with your guns, nitwit.....)

Why? Afraid the guns will break free of the safe and come after you?

AHHH POLTERGEIST!

so in other words its all nat talk....you are losing another thread nat ....time to run and start yet another.....

See. bumping my thread does mean that you're good for something......

Try to hide your orange lips....its a bit embarrassing.......LOL

Eh... why am I even acknowledging you at this point?

Are you serious? For even one iota of a moment in your life?

Shall not be infringed. = May not be infringed.

The right of the people to bear arms shall (may) not be infringed.

Looks like a command to me.

You have very little understanding of how legal definitions work.

The funny button is down there, to the right corner of this post.
Not only that but the case in question makes it (relatively) clear that the permissive reading of the words occurs when one is being forced to surrender their rights, not as language to affirm and underscore them.

I don't think gnat's reading comprehension level is anywhere near high school level.
nat is a dipshit....even shootspeeders used to laugh at him....

So.........Trump ass kissers..........Is Trump ABOVE the law when it comes to indictments but just a COMMON CITIZEN when the IRS is ordered to release his tax returns???

See, morons.....THAT was what this thread was all about.......lol.

It only became so in legal writings after 2010

Until recently, law schools taught attorneys that "shall" means "must." That's why many attorneys and executives think "shall" means "must." It's not their fault. The Federal Plain Writing Act and the Federal Plain Language Guidelines only appeared in 2010. And the fact is, even though "must" has come to be the only clear, valid way to express "mandatory," most parts of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs) that govern federal departments still use the word "shall" for that purpose.

Well, according to these Trump ass kissers........when the writers of the law stated.
".....the Internal Revenue Service “shall furnish” ..........they really meant that it depended on:

Whether the requested tax returns should come from ANYONE but an orange clown

Whether the tax returns were requested on a Tuesday

Whether the requested tax returns "disturbed" the delicate sensibilities of Trump ass kissers......

etc..........I am sure that the writers of that statute were a bit "confused"....LMAO
nat are going to back up what ya said about me or are you going to keep rambling your bullshit?...dont be a pussy nat,i cant hurt you...

You already did hurt him.

You're a wizard, Harry.

DAMN IT HARRY!

I waited years to use that one on you. :(

Come on senpai, notice me!

I'll be going now.

Last edited:
1. The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms,Shall not be infringed"

2. "The little known tax code provision employed by the Democrats in demanding Mr. Trump’s returns says only that the Internal Revenue Service “shall furnish” the information, giving it and its parent agency, the Treasury Department, little leeway in deciding how to respond.

Link to above:

Trump Lawyer Asserts President’s Right to Keep Tax Returns Private

The Republican Party, the NRA and the Congress must decide if shall means mandatory, or not. The consequences are clear. Give Congress the president's taxes, or give the NRA and it's shall not be infringed a kick in the ass.
Do you have the actual tax code?

26 U.S. Code § 6103 - Confidentiality and disclosure of returns and return information

It says that if the tax information requested identifies any tax payer that the information will only be released to the committee if sitting in private session.

And I take it that also means the people sitting on that committee cannot disclose the information
And it's a 100% iron-clad certainty that the Democrats on the committee would leak it.

Believe it or not.....on another popular thread, Trump "defenders" are arguing that the term (verb) SHALL really means a politte "may" when House committee members cite the existing LAW as to why Trump's tax returns should be handed over.

But, this is not the only moronic attempt by Trump sycophants.....

Since the Mueller report was handed over to the Trump stooge Barr, it has become obvious that the existing DOJ policy places a sitting president ABOVE the law since it clearly states that such a sitting president cannot be indicted......essentially, a sitting president is ABOVE the scrutiny and repercussions for acts committed by any other citizen.....

However, when it comes to handing over Trump's tax returns, his ass kissers DO revert to making Trump just another citizen who must be "protected" from the meanies who are investigating his probable misdeeds.

I don't expect for Trump followers to take this obvious hypocrisy too seriously....after all, there are strict rules within the Trump cult and any attack on his orange ass SHALL not be tolerate.....LOL

Are you ever capable of discussing an issue, or is the only thing you know how to do is to fling poop out of your cage?

1. The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms,Shall not be infringed"

2. "The little known tax code provision employed by the Democrats in demanding Mr. Trump’s returns says only that the Internal Revenue Service “shall furnish” the information, giving it and its parent agency, the Treasury Department, little leeway in deciding how to respond.

Link to above:

The Republican Party, the NRA and the Congress must decide if shall means mandatory, or not. The consequences are clear. Give Congress the president's taxes, or give the NRA and it's shall not be infringed a kick in the ass.

THANK YOU, Wry........I made the same exact argument at a local town hall meeting, and one of the "deplorables" threatened my life.....just for bringing up the fact that his ilk WAS deplorable .....and clearly ignorant.........LOL
And as has been repeatedly pointed out, that argument is wrong.

And no, nobody threatened your life. If anything, you were the one who was irrationally threatening violence.

so you insulted the guy and almost got your ass kicked....i bet you almost pissed your underpants....

Yeah.....I "insulted" the guy in trying to educate him....and he started sputtering to the extent that his dentures almost fell to the floor.......THEN he threatened me with his red face..... as we all laughed at the idiot.........LOL
AN AN AN AN THEN THE ENTIRE MEETING BURTS INTO APPULASE AND TOLD ME HOW SAMRT I AM CHECKMAET DRUMPFERS

Link to above:

THANK YOU, Wry........I made the same exact argument at a local town hall meeting, and one of the "deplorables" threatened my life.....just for bringing up the fact that his ilk WAS deplorable .....and clearly ignorant.........LOL
And as has been repeatedly pointed out, that argument is wrong.

And no, nobody threatened your life. If anything, you were the one who was irrationally threatening violence.
Not true. Until very recently the work "shall" was legally understood to mean "must".

The law in question here was written in 1924

Believe it or not.....on another popular thread, Trump "defenders" are arguing that the term (verb) SHALL really means a politte "may" when House committee members cite the existing LAW as to why Trump's tax returns should be handed over.

Since the Mueller report was handed over to the Trump stooge Barr, it has become obvious that the existing DOJ policy places a sitting president ABOVE the law since it clearly states that such a sitting president cannot be indicted......essentially, a sitting president is ABOVE the scrutiny and repercussions for acts committed by any other citizen.....

However, when it comes to handing over Trump's tax returns, his ass kissers DO revert to making Trump just another citizen who must be "protected" from the meanies who are investigating his probable misdeeds.

I don't expect for Trump followers to take this obvious hypocrisy too seriously....after all, there are strict rules within the Trump cult and any attack on his orange ass SHALL not be tolerate.....LOL
So then "shall not be infringed" is only a guideline?
the supreme court ruled on the meaning of shall and must in a statute....must means its mandatory, while shall means may.....so shall not be infringed means it may be...
And it has been, like crazy.

the supreme court ruled on the meaning of shall and must in a statute....must means its mandatory, while shall means may.....so shall not be infringed means it may be...
Lol, not even close.

Lol, not even close.
Every gun control law violates the Second.

Lol, not even close.
So then "shall" means "must" then?

Get with the reports and tax returns.

WTF is your whiny OP about? needs a link.

He thinks he made a devastating point (that was emailed to him from Soros) that means we either support Trump's tax returns being turned over to Democrats or give up our guns.

Yeah, and Mr. Soros sent me a Casher's Check in the amount of $1 billion for doing his bidding.

Lol, not even close.
So then "shall" means "must" then?

Get with the reports and tax returns.
In the STEM school shooting thread, you JUST NOW advocated confiscating all guns and criminalizing gun ownership.

So you can eat shit.

WTF is your whiny OP about? needs a link.

He thinks he made a devastating point (that was emailed to him from Soros) that means we either support Trump's tax returns being turned over to Democrats or give up our guns.

Yeah, and Mr. Soros sent me a Casher's Check in the amount of $1 billion for doing his bidding.
Does he still send out paper checks? I figured he'd direct deposit right to your EBT card.

Link to above:

The Democrats don't want to win this case, WC.

There will be retaliation, you know. Do you really think Soros wants his tax return public, or Don Lemon or Dave Duke?

If the President's privacy is violated, so can anyone else.

Forum List

Back