Explain to us Libs, what is a living wage?

This argument is a waste of time. Businesses cannot afford this so-called living wage. It's not going to happen so there is no use in discussing it's implementation.
Move on!

dude if business (the tax payer) gets a dollar for dollar tax cut exactly how would this cost the tax payer (corporation) a dime?
being against this is your place in life, that is not a reason
Dude?....
Ok genius. I neither stated nor implied the implementation of a living wage would have any affect regarding taxation.
Stop making up shit.
Government for the most part already over pays it's employees thus establishing a so-called living wage. Be satisfied with that.
Keep your nose out of the business of private business.
What you people on the side of this living wage thing advocate is just more government interference in the affairs of private enterprise. As though there isn't enough of that crap going on now.
Now please....Just drop it. Last time....NOT HAPPENING. Get it?

Calling me ignorant because dis agreeMicheal Moore
Move on.org
Bill Mayer
Thats what they do. Bern made this personal, not me.
Stop acting like a child. It amazes me that I am obviously a conservative and both of you would attack a fellow conservative
Why? just because we dis agree on this one subject?
cutting taxes
cutting the cost of well-fare
doing this without changing on thing that would effect the coporation, and after thinking about it really not cash flow
And both of you have reacted in a un rational matter to the level that I have proposed that companies give everything away to wel-fare queens

No sir. Disagreeing has nothing to do with saying you are ignorant. You are NOT obviously a conservative. The liberal "solution" pile of crap that you keep posting when conservatives keep trying to point you in the right direction is why I call you ignorant. You refuse to listen to reason and you refuse to learn.

No conservative in this discussion has the slightest issue with cutting taxes or even completely getting rid of welfare except for those who for physical and mental reasons need some sort of assitance. We can end welfare without raising wages. Wages are based on the value of the job and not the need of the person. I understand that you are tying an incentive of a tax reduction to a company if they will raise the amount of a given wage. We all get that. But it simply doesn't work that way. Answering phones and making copies is answering phones and making copies. It isn't brain surgery and it doesn't command a high wage. Think about this. Let's say that your idea happened. A company is given a dollar for dollar swap of taxes for increased wages this year. They bump their receptionist up from $9 per hour to $16 per hour. Two years down the road, under a ndifferent administration and congress, they decide to up corporate taxes. What is your business owner going to do now that he is paying $7 more than the job is worth and he is no longer receiving that tax incentive? See the problem here? Any given job has a value and it is set by the market. Start aritificially adjusting it thru big brother gubmint and you start having unintended consequences. It's just common sense.

who said anything about 16 an hour?
14 is as hi as I have went, 12 was the number I used most
Who said anything about the tax break going away?
Its a 3 year idea in which at the end of it like GWB tax cuts it could have life of 7 more years
Taxes going up and down is why we vote every 2 years

The only problem I see is we dis agree and to you that means I am a person who you can judge to be something he is not
Big Brother Gubmit is artitificialy mandating a wage that is to low and corpotrate tax rate that is to hi, you act as thought that does not exist
Big Brother is the problem, I offer a solution and as Bern you have yet to offer one based on real events, real tax rates, real welfare cost as well as real minimum wage rates

Govt mandates a minimum wage that will trigger wellfare programs, not me
Govt mandates corporate tax rates that are in a place I had nothing to do with it except one vote
Govt, not corporations, not LLCs, what ever has not set the minimum wage, not me, not the corporation. Tis was done by the US govt

Lower taxes
more welath directly to the GDP
fewer people on welfare programs

These events are in place, I have offered a solution to change them, to make govt smaller, not invent them

And you 2 still claim this is a liberal idea?
Okay

Sense you know who and what I am, what is you answer to this problem as

it sits today?
The amount is immaterial. What you are advocating is tantamount to an unfunded government mandate that artificially boosts wages to well beyond market levels.
Tax cut? Please.
The fact is no matter how you try to spin/slice it, the additional money for pay has to come from somewhere. Business is not able to wait until the end of the year or whenever for a few dollars to come back from the federal government. Business must meet payroll immediately.
Keep in mind, roughly 60% of Americans are employed by businesses with fewer than 50 employees. Most of these businesses operate on cash flow that goes back into the business, pays employees and satisfies taxes and fees. These are all immediate expenses.
If a business must absorb an immediate expense, it places an alarming burden on the business. Most likely the business will raise prices and fees to make up for the increased labor cost.
Under your scenario some if not the majority of businesses will raise prices, cut employees or even cease operations.
To respond to your comment to Bern about it being all about business...Yes it IS. Without business there are no private sector jobs.
Also your argument about earnings vs consumer buying power are specious. If labor rates are increased, prices will rise accordingly. That is the way it is. Business will always attempt to control the cost of doing business. The largest percentage expense to business is labor. If labor costs rise, so does the cost to the end user of goods and services.
This is not a difficult concept to grasp.

Of all the modern countries, the one party that knows the truth about everything is the brainwashed bought off Pubs. Amazing. Also the only one that knows how to start a world depression, TWICE.The world is aghast.(The truth about global warming, evolution too, and a living wage is bad too. Because they say so, despite all evidence to the contrary.) Stupidest party EVAH!

Of all the modern countries, the one party that knows the truth about everything is the brainwashed bought off Pubs. Amazing. Also the only one that knows how to start a world depression, TWICE.The world is aghast.(The truth about global warming, evolution too, and a living wage is bad too. Because they say so, despite all evidence to the contrary.) Stupidest party EVAH!

Well, thank you for injecting your meaningless party politics into the discussion. It was very kind of you to contribute absolutely fuck-all and suck up board space for no good reason whatsoever. Feel free to toddle along now and waste someone else's time.

Bern your a liberal plant. The libs on this message hate me because 99.99% of the time my facts cannot be disputed
as here

No, you have never used those exact words, but your words have made it clear this is the way you feel and I do not recall you ever giving me credit for the idea I have presented as being conservative in any way

In life you will learn to live with who and what you are. Your countless threads claiming the employer does not owe the basic wage to survive on to the employee speaks volumes, even if that wage would not cost the employer 1 penny more
You think the employer would have succcess without the employee, and that as you have stated many times the only reaon an employee can pay his tax is because of the employer

Another thing that makes one wonder is your job allows you to rant and rave about this all day, one must suspect your either a kid or you have evreything given to you
I too a layoff insted of going to Canada, at least until after Xmas

If you are in favor of lowering taxes, then this idea does just that, yet you claim thats not true

Find me on thread that stands up for the employees rights that you have posted. I do not recall one Bern, yet you call me a liar when I state you do not think the employee has anything to do with success

Actions
Words
Being addicted to a thought that has 75% of it making govt size smaller is not a liberal idea, yet with non stop aggression to the point of your "FUCKING" anger you claim it is

what is one to take from this?

Its a broken record Bern and until you prove other wise, those things I have said are true

You're projecting JRK. The difference between you and I the fundamentally different way in which the two of us view society and who is responsible for what in it. You are the liberal here JRK at least with respect to this issue.

Your entire argument stems around the fact that anyone with any job is at least ENTITLED to enough to live on. That it is at the very least an employer is responsible for providing for at least the basic needs of all of their employees. The rest of your 'solution' regarding taxes is simply a means of making numbers come out even because you know that if you ONLY raise the min wage to living wage would have major economic issues. There are two obvious conservative principles at play here. 1) What one is entitled to and 2) the concept of personal accounablity. Conservatives believe that people are entitled to no more than the rights established by the constituiton, so you're in violation of that conservative principle. Your solution also violates the conservative principle of personal accounability. Most conservatives tend to believe that individuals are responsible for their own outcomes in life and that whatever they want is up to them to achieve. Your solution absolves peope of personal responsibility. It gives people more without expecting more of them.

You keep asking this question why we are all opposed to lower taxes and what not. We're not. That's a red herring and you know it. WE HAVE THE SAME GOAL.....I think. If we do, if you're goal really is to reduce welfare roles and reduce your tax burden in having to pay for it, why are you so vehemently opposed to discussing other methods of achieving what you want? If on the other hand your goal really is to get everyone enough to live and it's an employer's responsibiity to provide that, well then you sir are in fact a liberal and there's nothing more to talk about.

Bern I am entitled to my opinion. Your biggest mistake with all of this debate is and has been you think this is about the company, the employer, the corporation

explain to me where they have a place in this other than cash flow?

Bern no more attackss, lets talk facts. Except cash flow where does the employer have a role in this?

I have NEVER made this about just the corporation. I have asked you why you are opposed to other means of getting to your solution. And it is my solutions that in fact have NOTHING to do with corporations while it is yours that severely effect them.

Last edited:
You're projecting JRK. The difference between you and I the fundamentally different way in which the two of us view society and who is responsible for what in it. You are the liberal here JRK at least with respect to this issue.

Your entire argument stems around the fact that anyone with any job is at least ENTITLED to enough to live on. That it is at the very least an employer is responsible for providing for at least the basic needs of all of their employees. The rest of your 'solution' regarding taxes is simply a means of making numbers come out even because you know that if you ONLY raise the min wage to living wage would have major economic issues. There are two obvious conservative principles at play here. 1) What one is entitled to and 2) the concept of personal accounablity. Conservatives believe that people are entitled to no more than the rights established by the constituiton, so you're in violation of that conservative principle. Your solution also violates the conservative principle of personal accounability. Most conservatives tend to believe that individuals are responsible for their own outcomes in life and that whatever they want is up to them to achieve. Your solution absolves peope of personal responsibility. It gives people more without expecting more of them.

You keep asking this question why we are all opposed to lower taxes and what not. We're not. That's a red herring and you know it. WE HAVE THE SAME GOAL.....I think. If we do, if you're goal really is to reduce welfare roles and reduce your tax burden in having to pay for it, why are you so vehemently opposed to discussing other methods of achieving what you want? If on the other hand your goal really is to get everyone enough to live and it's an employer's responsibiity to provide that, well then you sir are in fact a liberal and there's nothing more to talk about.

Bern I am entitled to my opinion. Your biggest mistake with all of this debate is and has been you think this is about the company, the employer, the corporation

Bern no more attackss, lets talk facts. Except cash flow where does the employer have a role in this?

I have NEVER made this about just the corporation. I have asked you why you are opposed to other means of getting to your solution. And it is my solutions that in fact have NOTHING to do with your corporations while it is yours that severely effect them.

Employment is a business relationship between the employer and the worker.
The wage is not an entitlement. Wages paid to the worker is in exchange for work produced. The amount must allow the employer to still earn a profit for the employer and to allow the business owner to pursue avenues to support the business.
Employers are not responsible for "basic needs". Individuals are responsible for their own needs.
There is no expectation other than the worker shows up on time everyday for work so that the employer has a reason to pay the employee.

I have NEVER made this about just the corporation. I have asked you why you are opposed to other means of getting to your solution. And it is my solutions that in fact have NOTHING to do with your corporations while it is yours that severely effect them.

The wage is not an entitlement. Wages paid to the worker is in exchange for work produced. The amount must allow the employer to still earn a profit for the employer and to allow the business owner to pursue avenues to support the business.
Employers are not responsible for "basic needs". Individuals are responsible for their own needs.
There is no expectation other than the worker shows up on time everyday for work so that the employer has a reason to pay the employee.

And in JRK's world the above is the same thing as saying you're 100% pro-corporation and believe workers have no rights.

But in the world of the leftist, basic needs are rights that society is obligated to provide whether or not the leftist works for them. And the moral employer is obligated to share and share alike all that he owns with his employees. In that world, the property owner has no rights, no control of his own destiny, and no ability to increase his own fortune.

In the Conservative world, American style, labor is an expense/input no different than light, heat, raw materials, equipment, materials, transportation, machinery etc. necessary to produce a marketable product or service. The labor the employer purchases is worth no more and no less to the employer than what produces a reasonable profit from selling the product or service.

The laborer owns his labor, however, and is free to sell it to the highest bidder under terms that he sets. Just like on Ebay, however, if nobody meets his price he either doesn't sell at all or he adjusts his price and terms to whatever somebody is willing to pay.
More than once when hiring a new staffer, I was not able to negotiate a wage that fit my budget. If I wanted the person really badly, that generally meant cutting the budget somewhere else. I have done that too in order to get the right person.

And at least twice I was not willing to accept the salary offered for a job, but the employer wanted me enough to renegotiate. When we both were willing to give a little, we were able to work it out. I got the job. And, immodestly to say perhaps, the employer got a damn good employee.

The janitor is simply not going to be worth the same money to the company as the project manager responsible for supervision, delegation, quality control, and bringing a project in within the budget. There are many many unskilled people who can do janitorial work. A good project manager with the necessary education, knowledge, training, skills, and ability is fairly rare.

Last edited:
If one does just a little research one can find that there are jobs out there right now that do pay a living wage. JRK, the solution to your problem is fairly simple. I know it will sound cliche and righteous to you but the simple truth is people need to hold themselves to a higher standard. It's a solution who's genius is found in its simpicity. It doesn't require government. Doesn't require any tinkering of the tax code. It doesn't place illegitimate moral obligation on businesses. All it takes is will power and action on the part of idividuals who who want better for themselves. If enough people did that you would see the result you're looking for. A person simply has to decide what they're willing to sacrafice, but the ability to make a living wage is indeed there for the taking right now. As I mentioned, geographically there are areas of the country with very low unemployment rates and still hiring like ND. I just got a tip that a mining company and a steel mill are opening in northern Minnesota where I'm originally from. And if you do a little online research, you can find various fields of employment that are in high demand....
The 10 college majors with the lowest unemployment rates | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Last edited:

And in JRK's world the above is the same thing as saying you're 100% pro-corporation and believe workers have no rights.
JRK is part of the faction that denies labor is a commodity.

If one does just a little research one can find that there are jobs out there right now that do pay a living wage. JRK, the solution to your problem is fairly simple. I know it will sound cliche and righteous to you but the simple truth is people need to hold themselves to a higher standard. It's a solution who's genius is found in its simpicity. It doesn't require government. Doesn't require any tinkering of the tax code. It doesn't place illegitimate moral obligation on businesses. All it takes is will power and action on the part of idividuals who who want better for themselves. If enough people did that you would see the result you're looking for. A person simply has to decide what they're willing to sacrafice, but the ability to make a living wage is indeed there for the taking right now. As I mentioned, geographically there are areas of the country with very low unemployment rates and still hiring like ND. I just got a tip that a mining company and a steel mill are opening in northern Minnesota where I'm originally from. And if you do a little online research, you can find various fields of employment that are in high demand....
The 10 college majors with the lowest unemployment rates | The Lookout - Yahoo! News
There are always regions where very high paying jobs are available. Pennsylvania, particularly the Bradford County area is experiencing a boom in fossil fuel based employment. Not just oil derrick workers or natural gas workers. There are openings for truck drivers and guess what? Those trucks and other machinery associated with the operations need technicians to fix them when they break down. There are tons of jobs available. At much higher than market rates as well.

Bern some-one has to frame the house
take the garbage out
plant the pine
ND is hiring because they have oil shale on private land. If BHO would allow the same on some public land many more would be hired, with the pipelines he (EPA) has held up we are talking millions
BTW the company I worked for the last 5 years just laid off 1500 people and sent 3-500 to Canada to work the tar sands, what does this mean?
We have a job in ND. Did me and those people no good
And as those in Canada, your going to live in a man camp while your faimly will not

There are always regions where very high paying jobs are available. Pennsylvania, particularly the Bradford County area is experiencing a boom in fossil fuel based employment. Not just oil derrick workers or natural gas workers. There are openings for truck drivers and guess what? Those trucks and other machinery associated with the operations need technicians to fix them when they break down. There are tons of jobs available. At much higher than market rates as well.

In selective areas
Look I stated 1000 threads ago this is a regional issue that adds to the countries problems

LOWER TAXES
LESS ENTITLEMENT
GDP ADDITION

TONS OF JOBS?
Move to Florida

1 job for every 4 looking
this is from 11 months ago where it was 1 in 5, the Liberal media would rather talk about all the BS going on with Cain
For four out of five unemployed workers: no jobs | Economic Policy Institute

You guys are doing fine, good for you. With your attitudes towards those who work as hard as you do for 17,000 a year, pray it stays that way for you

In selective areas
Look I stated 1000 threads ago this is a regional issue that adds to the countries problems

LOWER TAXES
LESS ENTITLEMENT
GDP ADDITION

TONS OF JOBS?
Move to Florida

this is from 11 months ago where it was 1 in 5, the Liberal media would rather talk about all the BS going on with Cain

You guys are doing fine, good for you. With your attitudes towards those who work as hard as you do for 17,000 a year, pray it stays that way for you

Take on a little history from the late 20's and early 30's. This time if the taxpayers hadn't bailed their asses out the ones at the very top of the nation's banks would have been jumping out windows on the 20th floor. These spoiled assholes will finally get theirs...it's not whether, it's when. Unemployment during the depression years reached nearly 50% in the southern states. Men were working for $0.75 a day and their mid day meal. I've seen grown men cry because they couldn't put enough food on the table to feed their families.

There were no unions, no benefits and if a foreman didn't like a man's looks he simply told him, "Go Draw Your Pay." There were ten men lined up waiting for the vacancy. The worst thing that could happen to a man was an on the job injury. About the second day he missed he was history. There he was injured with nothing to fall back on. If his other family members or a church didn't help him he and his family became beggers.

Most of these people don't know what a "Poor House" is. Before social security the aged and infirm who were poverty stricken ended up on a county poor farm with a couple of acres where those who could still work raised enough to feed everyone through the winters. There are unmarked graves all over this country where members of those places were buried. That's what the Republican party would like to see again...that and an ordinary worker earning the same as a worker in Maylasia.

Last edited:
A living wage?

Pretty simple to see what that is, really.

A living wage is that wage which is high enough that you DO PAY FEDERAL TAXES on it.

So what does that mean?

That means that 47% of all American workers do NOT make a living wage.

In selective areas

LOWER TAXES
LESS ENTITLEMENT
GDP ADDITION

TONS OF JOBS?
Move to Florida

Take on a little history from the late 20's and early 30's. This time if the taxpayers hadn't bailed their asses out the ones at the very top of the nation's banks would have been jumping out windows on the 20th floor. These spoiled assholes will finally get theirs...it's not whether, it's when. Unemployment during the depression years reached nearly 50% in the southern states. Men were working for $0.75 a day and their mid day meal. I've seen grown men cry because they couldn't put enough food on the table to feed their families.

There were no unions, no benefits and if a foreman didn't like a man's looks he simply told him, "Go Draw Your Pay." There were ten men lined up waiting for the vacancy. The worst thing that could happen to a man was an on the job injury. About the second day he missed he was history. There he was injured with nothing to fall back on. If his other family members or a church didn't help him he and his family became beggers.

Most of these people don't know what a "Poor House" is. Before social security the aged and infirm who were poverty stricken ended up on a county poor farm with a couple of acres where those who could still work raised enough to feed everyone through the winters. There are unmarked graves all over this country where members of those places were buried. That's what the Republican party would like to see again...that and an ordinary worker earning the same as a worker in Maylasia.

The very person who started this thread and within the first +- 100 threads began to his DD on resolving this issue
I am a staunch conservative
BHO had as close to a super majority as any-one has had in years. He spent it mandating a health-care reform based on lies.
The poor have an avenue for healthcare, the middle class is where the issue is

GWb raised the minimum wage and would have went higher it seems with same tax cust I speak of

It is just as much (or more) the left making sure the poor remain poor

A living wage?

Pretty simple to see what that is, really.

A living wage is that wage which is high enough that you DO PAY FEDERAL TAXES on it.

So what does that mean?

That means that 47% of all American workers do NOT make a living wage.

I feel strongly those who have been strongly against my idea are lib plants for this reason. 15,000 a year = a dependant, 28,000 a year with dollar for dollar tac cuts = an asset. Free market solutions for a free market issue that is a creation of the federal govt setting that base line poverty level pay

A LLC with 40 emloyees having 25% below the poverty level only cares of there bottom line. Govt sets that bottom line thru pay mandates and many diifferent tax burdens

Bern some-one has to frame the house
take the garbage out
plant the pine
ND is hiring because they have oil shale on private land. If BHO would allow the same on some public land many more would be hired, with the pipelines he (EPA) has held up we are talking millions
BTW the company I worked for the last 5 years just laid off 1500 people and sent 3-500 to Canada to work the tar sands, what does this mean?
We have a job in ND. Did me and those people no good
And as those in Canada, your going to live in a man camp while your faimly will not
SO what?..One does what they must do to provide for their family or themselves. Where's the problem?
Oh, the layoffs and the relocation of workers.....Your company is run by smart people. They cut labor where it's not needed and hire labor where it is needed.
Again, where's the problem?
Do you really expect the owner of a convenience store in a struggling town to pay his clerks $50k per year based on some moral obligation YOU believe is pressed upon the store owner?

In selective areas

LOWER TAXES
LESS ENTITLEMENT
GDP ADDITION

TONS OF JOBS?
Move to Florida

Regional employment..It has always been that way. For well over 100 years families and individuals have been moving to where the work exists. Nothing wrong with that.

"You guys are doing fine, good for you. With your attitudes towards those who work as hard as you do for 17,000 a year, pray it stays that way for you"...
What the hell is that supposed to mean?
Please elaborate instead of typing in code. State what you really mean. Be honest and straightforward.
If come back with "you know what I'm talking about, you are hiding behind words and therefore were fucking done.
You opened the door. Now explain yourself.

In selective areas

LOWER TAXES
LESS ENTITLEMENT
GDP ADDITION

TONS OF JOBS?
Move to Florida

The very person who started this thread and within the first +- 100 threads began to his DD on resolving this issue
I am a staunch conservative
BHO had as close to a super majority as any-one has had in years. He spent it mandating a health-care reform based on lies.
The poor have an avenue for healthcare, the middle class is where the issue is

GWb raised the minimum wage and would have went higher it seems with same tax cust I speak of

It is just as much (or more) the left making sure the poor remain poor

BHO was not the first American president to propose universal health care...it was Harry S. Truman. 'Course he couldn't quite get around to it...he had a world war to win. He gave the order to drop the only nuclear weapon which has ever been used in a war. Go a little further...John Fitzgerald Kennedy stood tall in the face of possible nuclear confrontation with the Soviets after he had already proposed sending a man to the moon and returning him safely to the earth.

Don't worry about a Republican ever doing anything...they're too busy with their derivitive algorhythms making a shit pot full of money when they can't even explain the algorhythm.

I wouldn't trust one in the shithouse with a muzzle on.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back