Exposing The Lies of Roosevelt's Economy

So the ruling class wants to destroy the very currency it uses to accrue financial assets and wealth? :doubt:
They wanted to destroy the gold standard, which would clear the way for their privately issued fiat script to be declared legal tender.

They succeeded.

The gold standard destroyed itself. Fixed f/x is a problem. The reason nations abandoned the gold standard wasn't because it was a resounding success. Everyone abandoned it, including the US in 1934, because it was an unmitigated disaster.

Spoken like the good little shill for the fiat banking monopolists that you are. :lol:

They wanted to destroy the gold standard, which would clear the way for their privately issued fiat script to be declared legal tender.

They succeeded.

The gold standard destroyed itself. Fixed f/x is a problem. The reason nations abandoned the gold standard wasn't because it was a resounding success. Everyone abandoned it, including the US in 1934, because it was an unmitigated disaster.

Spoken like the good little shill for the fiat banking monopolists that you are. :lol:

Oh gawd.

The ideological beef stems from whether the function of the currency is as an investment and savings vehicle or a tool for us to provision government and maximize economic output. Under a market economy, one cannot fix the price of these two things minus a change in relative value resulting in you purchasing one of them running out of the other.

The gold standard was a fixed f/x policy, where the federal government would offer to purchase and sell gold at a fixed price. You can cash in your $$$$ for a fixed amount of gold from the federal government, and as a holder, you have the option of selling it at a fixed price to the federal government. The only public purpose in all of this was the nominal price of gold set by the federal government.

No thanks, I'll pass, our fiat system is far superior, has yielded superior macroeconomic results, and gives us more options in our fiscal and monetary toolbox.

Last edited:

Oh gawd.

The ideological beef stems from whether the function of the currency is as an investment and savings vehicle or a tool for us to provision government and maximize economic output. Under a market economy, one cannot fix the price of these two things minus a change in relative value resulting in you purchasing one of them running out of the other.

The gold standard was a fixed f/x policy, where the federal government would offer to purchase and sell gold at a fixed price. You can cash in your $$$$ for a fixed amount of gold from the federal government, and as a holder, you have the option of selling it at a fixed price to the federal government. The only public purpose in all of this was the nominal price of gold set by the federal government.

No thanks, I'll pass, our fiat system is far superior, has yielded superior macroeconomic results, and gives us more options in our fiscal and monetary toolbox.
The beef stems from the central banksters being the winners and getting to write the history.

Now, all the creation of credit is in their hands, rather than in the hands of those creating and accumulating real wealth.

It is easy to see why you like their oligarchic system better, you yearn to be one of them.

Oh gawd.

The beef stems from the central banksters being the winners and getting to write the history.

Now, all the creation of credit is in their hands, rather than in the hands of those creating and accumulating real wealth.

It is easy to see why you like their oligarchic system better, you yearn to be one of them.

You really don't understand how the Federal Reserve functions or how it's organized. Next you'll be telling me the FED is a privately owned bank out to make $$$$ off of taxpayers.

Last edited:
George Soros' paid to post lemmings have a wealth of links to show people; about things they cant explain; while Progressives fail as we speak and the failures of the Left are right in our faces

George Soros' paid to post lemmings have a wealth of links to show people; about things they cant explain; while Progressives fail as we speak and the failures of the Left are right in our faces

I don't work for George Soro's you idiot. This is a thread about the economics of the FDR administration. I am posting samples of FDR projects that impacted the economy during his administration. I am purposely posting links to projects that are still positively impacting our economy 75 years or more after he implemented his policies. If you think these policies of the building of long lasting infrastructure that provided jobs at the time and continue to provide jobs 75 years later were negative, you have the ability at your fingertips to comment on why. That is what the thread in this forum is for.

http://pbs.org/program/fort-peck-dam/

Last edited:
Oh gawd.

You really don't understand how the Federal Reserve functions or how it's organized. Next you'll be telling me the FED is a privately owned bank out to make $$$$ off of taxpayers.
I understand how it functions, how it is organized and that it is the greatest fiat money scam in the entirety of human history.

It must be a private banking scam, as the constitution prohibits the government, any government, from issuing any non-redeemable currency. Article 1, Sections 8 and 10.

I understand how it functions, how it is organized and that it is the greatest fiat money scam in the entirety of human history.

It must be a private banking scam, as the constitution prohibits the government, any government, from issuing any non-redeemable currency. Article 1, Sections 8 and 10.

Weird how SCOTUS has said YOU are full of it right?

It's not a private banking scam. Federal Reserve banks are privately owned but they are directly controlled and run by the the Board of Governors - all of them are publicly appointed. The FED simply executes the monetary policies of the Board. Any interest accrued by the FED is sent back to the Treasury. The member banks have zero say about monetary policy.

Federal Reserve notes are not redeemable in gold, silver, or any other commodity. Federal Reserve notes have not been redeemable in gold since January 30, 1934, when the Congress amended Section 16 of the Federal Reserve Act to read: "The said [Federal Reserve] notes shall be obligations of the United States….They shall be redeemed in lawful money on demand at the Treasury Department of the United States, in the city of Washington, District of Columbia, or at any Federal Reserve bank." Federal Reserve notes have not been redeemable in silver since the 1960s.

The Congress has specified that Federal Reserve Banks must hold collateral equal in value to the Federal Reserve notes that the Federal Reserve Bank puts in to circulation. This collateral is chiefly held in the form of U.S. Treasury, federal agency, and government-sponsored enterprise securities

FRB: Is U.S. currency still backed by gold?

Last edited:
Time to put to rest the fable that Roosevelt's economic policies were based on the situation at the time.
No, they were based on Roosevelt's megalomania.
And, a web of lies.
First, I will provide the words of Rooseveltian loving historians/economists.
Then, Roosevelt's
Then a way to test their views.
Then....ka-boom! I'll blow 'em out of the water!

1. For Liberals, Franklin Roosevelt was the cavalry riding in at the last minute to rescue an economy utterly destroyed by profit-mad Republicans.

The belief is largely based on lies told about the economy prior to the Depression, summed up this way:

"The character of the Republican ascendancy of the twenties has be pervasively negative; the character of the New Deal was overwhelmingly positive." Guess Who? by Thomas Sowell on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent

BTW....that was Professors Commager and Morris of Columbia, stars of the Liberal firmament. If you went to university, this is what you were taught.
And, without personal research....believe.

2. According to another Liberal star, Arthur Schlesinger, and to the others, the evil industrialists of the 1920s kept pay low and prices high, so that workers didn't have the money to buy the products they were making.

a. "Managements disposition [in the 1920s] to maintain prices...meant that workers and farmers were denied the benefits of increases in there own productivity. The consequences was the relative decline of mass purchasing power."
Arthur Schlesinger, "The Crisis of the Old Order." Understanding Bushonomics | Center for American Progress

b. " Insofar as one accepts the theory that underconsumption explains the Depression, and I do, then one can say that the Presidents of the 1920's are to blame...."
"The FDR Years: On Roosevelt and His Legacy,"
By William Edward Leuchtenburg, p.210

BTW, Professor Leuchtenburg trained more New Deal historians than any one!

4. OK? Get it straight....
So now we know how the Republicans, and the free market, prior to the vaunted FDR, screwed the economy up, causing the Depression.

Just one problem.
The facts don't back that up.
At all.

a. Just so you understand what the colleges are teaching, the 1920s were chock-a-block years for industrial growth....but it only benefitted the rich, with the poor getting poorer. Then tax cuts by Mellon and Coolidge gave more to the rich!

Based on this fable, most people could not afford to buy what they produced, i.e., "underconsumption."

What logically followed was overproduction with too few buyers for too many goods. What else could any expect but the Depression!
And...careful government planning and regulation, the cure. http://www.fee.org/files/doclib/20121119_GreatMyths2011FINALweb1.pdf

Are we clear, then, about the story that the Liberal Roosevelian historians/economists are pushing?
Any questions?

Good.....now watch me demolish same.

If it weren't for Roosevelt the Koch brothers would own Yellowstone Park.

Forum List

Back