Factcheck.org: judging Obama's presidency based on FACTS not hyperbole or rhetoric

And yet the unemployment was at 7.3% in Dec of 2008 and his job growth record was pathetic.

Facts are so inconvenient aren't they?

What was the unemployment rate in .... lets say June 2006, 6 years in his presidency? Hmmm?

That's because he inherited a healthy economy.

That is a pathetic retort to my question. It was something like 4.6% unemployed. After 6 years into his tenure that was damn good. So your bias talking points are moot. Even 7 years in there were strong unemployment numbers, so Bill, you just need to go pound sand with your talking points
:eusa_eh:

Um, no because the evidence says so.

Like this evidence?

Labor Force Participation Under President Obama

Bureau of Labor Statistics data shows an unmistakable decline in the Labor Force Participation Rate under President Obama. The rate dropped from 65.7% in January 2009 to 63.6% in September 2012. The chart below depicts the decline during President Obama’s time in office, and it demonstrates that the job situation became worse under his leadership.

LaborForceParticipation2009-20122.gif

Running contrary to the notion that the problem was entirely inherited, the most precipitous drop began approximately six months into President Obama’s term. The data shows an acceleration in the number of individuals dropping out of the labor force beginning in July 2009, when the Labor Force Participation Rate was 65.6% with a quick drop to 64.6% by December 2009. By September of this year, the rate had fallen to 63.6%. The chart below compares the Labor Force Participation Rate under President Bush to the rate under President Obama and helps put the decline in perspective.

Yeah the economy was bad in his FIRST year. Obviously the downturn he inherited is going to spill over.

I never heard "spill over" as extending over 5 years, esp after passing all the legislation he proposed in the first 2 years with a fillibuster proof Congress.

Bush's unemployment rate was barely ever over 5 percent if that.

During George W. Bush's first month in office the unemployment rate was 4.2 percent. During his last full month in office unemployment was 7.3 percent.

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/data/UNRATE.txt

When Bush was president, an average of 375,000 jobs were created per year. In the words of The Wall Street Journal that was, "the worst track record on record." This is what The Wall Street Journal has to say about Bush's economic performance:

"President George W. Bush entered office in 2001 just as a recession was starting, and is preparing to leave in the middle of a long one. That’s almost 22 months of recession during his 96 months in office.

"His job-creation record won’t look much better. The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill Clinton‘s administration and only slightly better than President George H.W. Bush did in his four years in office."
Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ

This is what the Atlantic has to say about the Bush years: "Thursday's annual Census Bureau report on income, poverty and access to health care-the Bureau's principal report card on the well-being of average Americans-closes the books on the economic record of George W. Bush.

"It's not a record many Republicans are likely to point to with pride.

"On every major measurement, the Census Bureau report shows that the country lost ground during Bush's two terms. While Bush was in office, the median household income declined, poverty increased, childhood poverty increased even more, and the number of Americans without health insurance spiked. By contrast, the country's condition improved on each of those measures during Bill Clinton's two terms, often substantially."
Closing The Book On The Bush Legacy - Ronald Brownstein - The Atlantic

NOT ONE comment about
1) Recession started in Clinton.. measured then beginning in 3/2001..ended 11/01!
2) dot.com BUST cost $5 trillion/
3) 9/11!
4) Worst hurricanes!
NOTHING LIKE THAT HAPPENED I guess???

And IN SPITE of
400,000 jobs due to Hurricanes Katrina/Rita
145,000 jobs in NYC alone due to 9/11
300,000 jobs lost due to dot.com busts.

Largest Gross Domestic Product in history!!
When Bush took office in 2001 GDP was $12.355,271,000,000
when Bush left office in 2008 GDP was $14,359,490,000,000
A 16% increase in GDP or $2 TRILLION.

When Bush started 131,785,000 people employed.
At the end of 2008 136,790,000 people employed or

5,000,000 more employed then when he took office.

What was the unemployment rate in .... lets say June 2006, 6 years in his presidency? Hmmm?

That is a pathetic retort to my question. It was something like 4.6% unemployed. After 6 years into his tenure that was damn good. So your bias talking points are moot. Even 7 years in there were strong unemployment numbers, so Bill, you just need to go pound sand with your talking points

Bush managed to drop the unemployment rate 1% sure, but the rate shot up to an all time high in 2007.

No, Billy. Actually Bush inherited an economic mess. Dot-com meltdown coupled with damage from 9/11 and the subsequent military response, which needed funding to make up for Bill Clinton's relentless cutting of the military.
See, if you don't know what you're talking about you look damn stupid every time you post.

Do I really need to explain to you that Bush had been president for a little under 2 years when 9/11 happened. He didn't inherit 9/11 or the war he started in response.

Wow.....

Bush managed to drop the unemployment rate 1% sure, but the rate shot up to an all time high in 2007.

Keep spinning, son.
A wise person knows when to walk away when his ass has been handed to him :eusa_whistle:

No, Billy. Actually Bush inherited an economic mess. Dot-com meltdown coupled with damage from 9/11 and the subsequent military response, which needed funding to make up for Bill Clinton's relentless cutting of the military.
See, if you don't know what you're talking about you look damn stupid every time you post.

Do I really need to explain to you that Bush had been president for a little under 2 years when 9/11 happened. He didn't inherit 9/11 or the war he started in response.

Wow.....

You really are a stupid fuck.

I'm deadly fucking serious. Stupid. Stupid even for a dimocrap.

Bush's unemployment rate was barely ever over 5 percent if that.

During George W. Bush's first month in office the unemployment rate was 4.2 percent. During his last full month in office unemployment was 7.3 percent.

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/data/UNRATE.txt

When Bush was president, an average of 375,000 jobs were created per year. In the words of The Wall Street Journal that was, "the worst track record on record." This is what The Wall Street Journal has to say about Bush's economic performance:

"President George W. Bush entered office in 2001 just as a recession was starting, and is preparing to leave in the middle of a long one. That’s almost 22 months of recession during his 96 months in office.

"His job-creation record won’t look much better. The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill Clinton‘s administration and only slightly better than President George H.W. Bush did in his four years in office."
Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ

This is what the Atlantic has to say about the Bush years: "Thursday's annual Census Bureau report on income, poverty and access to health care-the Bureau's principal report card on the well-being of average Americans-closes the books on the economic record of George W. Bush.

"It's not a record many Republicans are likely to point to with pride.

"On every major measurement, the Census Bureau report shows that the country lost ground during Bush's two terms. While Bush was in office, the median household income declined, poverty increased, childhood poverty increased even more, and the number of Americans without health insurance spiked. By contrast, the country's condition improved on each of those measures during Bill Clinton's two terms, often substantially."
Closing The Book On The Bush Legacy - Ronald Brownstein - The Atlantic

NOT ONE comment about
1) Recession started in Clinton.. measured then beginning in 3/2001..ended 11/01!
2) dot.com BUST cost $5 trillion/
3) 9/11!
4) Worst hurricanes!
NOTHING LIKE THAT HAPPENED I guess???

And IN SPITE of
400,000 jobs due to Hurricanes Katrina/Rita
145,000 jobs in NYC alone due to 9/11
300,000 jobs lost due to dot.com busts.

Largest Gross Domestic Product in history!!
When Bush took office in 2001 GDP was $12.355,271,000,000
when Bush left office in 2008 GDP was $14,359,490,000,000
A 16% increase in GDP or $2 TRILLION.

When Bush started 131,785,000 people employed.
At the end of 2008 136,790,000 people employed or

5,000,000 more employed then when he took office.

Christ. ONCE AGAIN. NEW JOBS under Bush was less than a million.

Wow.....
So, wait. Work with me here.
Bush did not inherit 9/11 or the recession because he was already in office just under 2 years.
But Obama did inherit a mess even though he has been in office over 5 years.

Does this make sense? I mean to someone with 2 functioning brain cells or more.

Keep spinning, son.
A wise person knows when to walk away when his ass has been handed to him :eusa_whistle:

May I offer a parting gift on behalf of all thinking participants at USMB --

butthurt%20report%20form.jpg

Keep spinning, son.

When that happens, I'll be sure to leave.

Oh and where you completely come off the rails is in this part of your analysis. You are showing that you have no concept of the basics of an economy when you argue that Obama had enough power to create more jobs than Bush but had not enough power to create more.

May I suggest you run to the fridge and get yourself some more koolaid?

but there is no denying that Obama has created more jobs than Bush did in his entire 8 years. In other words, a president only has so much control over a nation's economy.

Yeah ill admit I made a hypocritical statement there. My bad.

No president creates jobs, but policies do influence the economy, which affects jobs.

At this point in his presidency, Bush had "created" what, 25 times as many jobs?

And no, the economy wasn't in "free fall" or anything close in 2007. While the economy was faltering in the second half of 07' - serious problems didn't arise until the second half of '08.

Wow.....
So the presidential election was in Nov of 2000, took office in Jan. of 2001, 9-11 happened in Sept. of 2001 and that is a little under 2 years....really?

Last edited:

Wow.....
Bush did not inherit 9/11 or the recession because he was already in office just under 2 years.

Obama inherited a 7.8% unemployment rate with a shocking free fall of jobs loss rate.

Wow.....

Obama inherited a 7.8% unemployment rate with a shocking free fall of jobs loss rate.

And 5 years later the unemployment rate is 7.3% but that includes the lowest workforce participation rate since the 1980s. Which means it would be about 10% if all the people who gave up looking were still llooking.
So remind me how successful Obama has been after 5 years.

And 5 years later the unemployment rate is 7.3% but that includes the lowest workforce participation rate since the 1980s. Which means it would be about 10% if all the people who gave up looking were still llooking.

U6 Unemployment Rate | Portal Seven

chart

Especially since 9/11/01 was a mere 7 months after Bush took office....

But hey, leftists like Billy got hate sites, they don't need brains....

Because, as I said, 2.5x more jobs were created in his 5 years than Bush's 8. Facts are facts.

Forum List

Back