Factcheck.org: judging Obama's presidency based on FACTS not hyperbole or rhetoric

Yes yes, Obama has championed the advent of the part time employee with no benefits.

Last edited:
This article makes sense. And I lived those days that saw this type of surge in growth. You have to have optimism. It may sound crazy in hard economic numbers but you really must have optimism to go hand in hand with growth.

Clinton with the Republicans made it happen big time. All you Obama fans have to realize that President Clinton worked hand in hand with some of the most die hard conservatives at the time.

Lanny Davis was just out there screaming that as a President you don't walk away like Obama was doing.

Clinton worked round the clock on certain issues that were on his watch. That Clinton never ever took a hissy fit.

Here's the link. Great read. Great stats and a better picture of the truth.

The Real Story Of Job Creation

The Real Story Of Job Creation - Forbes

ETA: and yes I am conservative :eusa_angel: but truth out it was a good time economically for the most part because of the up beat attitude from those in Washington who were actually working for the people at the time.

Last edited:
How many people in that calculation had one full time job, but due to Obamacare were cut to 30 hours, now those people have two part time jobs... and that is counted as lowering the unemployment?

The president can influence events but he cannot control them. So some things we can say Obama is responsible for. Other things he is largely responsible for. And some things he has no responsibility for.
The pitiful performance of the economy coming out of a recession is entire his responsibility. His demonizing of corporations, his additions of layers of bureaucracy, his added taxes with threats for more all have depressed corporate activity.
The scandals are things he is largely responsible for. I doubt he personally ordered the NSA to spy on every target. But his attitude filtered down and politicized the whole bureaucracy. Increased oil production happened despite Obama, not because of him. Recall he shut down drilling in the Gulf.
Positives from his administration? People are more engaged in the political process.
Negatives? Everything else.

The president can influence events but he cannot control them. So some things we can say Obama is responsible for. Other things he is largely responsible for. And some things he has no responsibility for.
The pitiful performance of the economy coming out of a recession is entire his responsibility. His demonizing of corporations, his additions of layers of bureaucracy, his added taxes with threats for more all have depressed corporate activity.
The scandals are things he is largely responsible for. I doubt he personally ordered the NSA to spy on every target. But his attitude filtered down and politicized the whole bureaucracy. Increased oil production happened despite Obama, not because of him. Recall he shut down drilling in the Gulf.
Positives from his administration? People are more engaged in the political process.

He is the most negative President I have ever lived thru. Cripes just look at the way I phrased it; didn't mean to but it's the truth. The Presidency I have lived thru. I can't wait till he's gone. It has trickled down to the Presidency of "No".

So much for Hope and Change. Now it's Despair and Confusion.

I take one gift from this. His legacy is done like dinner. Early.

Obama and Bush create no jobs other then maybe military or government. Bush's unemployment rate was barely ever over 5 percent if that. It took the take over of congress by the democrats to destroy the economy. The facts are, that before the democrats Bush's economy was doing well. After they took over and started ignoring Bush things went to crap. That is just undeniable fact. The debt that Obama has racked up is a rooster waiting to come home to roost. Not saying Bush was better but Obama isn't either.

You are of course conveniently denying that the economy was in a free fall starting in 2007. Obviously the effects of that are going to spill over into his presidency.

Tell me. What exactly have republicans done to improve our economy since Bush was in office up until now?

Please show me, in relation to the GDP where the economy was in free fall. Actually what we see is the GDP grow about the average and come back to where normal growth would have been. So no real "free fall."

fredgraph.png

Obviously I was talking about jobs.

Depressed corporate activity?! Profits are at an all time high! The stock market has done stellar.

Obama himself called for an increase in domestic drilling.

How many people in that calculation had one full time job, but due to Obamacare were cut to 30 hours, now those people have two part time jobs... and that is counted as lowering the unemployment?

I'm afraid to see when someone gets around to releasing real numbers.

I read newspapers from various places in the country on a day to day basis trying to get more of a feel of what's happening.

I always go to comment sections on economic articles and one young woman was desperate. She was so angry and upset that her family didn't understand her hours were slashed because now every body in America was going to have free health care. They thought it was a week.

I think it was out of the Orlando Sentinel. If one can read screams into words on a printed page, this poor baby was screaming.

And she couldn't make them understand that this cut in hours was for forever. Not just one week.

My heart bleeds for these souls. But what can you do? We warned them. We told them. And hell's bells wait till it really takes its toll.

Last edited:
Under Obama poverty is much worse than Bush. Our standing in the world has declined. The number of people on public assistance has exploded. The Federal debt has exploded. Those are the main facts of the OP's story.

Those thing are measurable.

What is not measurable is much worse for Obama. The fact he lied about about almost every facet of Obamacare in order to get it passed has been a huge hit to his credibility, and will be a massive stain on his legacy. The fact he greatly escalated Bush's domestic spying program and then lied to Congress and the American people about it. The fact he made closing Gitmo a major campaign theme and hammered Bush on the issue, and then reneged on his promise.

The "fact check" posted by the OP is garbage (not the op's fault). It is something put together by an Obama apologist that tries to give the appearance of being fair....while largely ignoring the character lapses and failures of Obama that now have a majority American's actively distrusting him.

Most "fact check" things are complete bullshit...as the "fact checker" only looks at those facts they choose to, and then, only through a lens which helps make their political point. Do not be fooled.

America is still gaining jobs under President Obama

That's as far as I could stand of the bullshit storm I felt the rest would be.

Is the rest just more ra ra for obama?

UE is still over 7%, that's a fact

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

debt = $17.1 Trillion, 24 hours from now it will be 17.2

total ue = 21.5 million in 2008 = 13.5

in 5 years he put 8 million people out of work

anyone that still supports this shithead is just willfully dumber than dirt or truly hates the country

Jobs debt and poverty are up.

Your article sorries.

Jobs, debt and poverty all are up. Our latest report on statistical measures of his presidency.

Posted on October 8, 2013

Yes but like I said the economy was in a free fall since 2007. If you want to put all the blame for the high unemployment rate, you must also give him full credit for the millions of jobs he created.

Of course, holding Obama fully responsible for any of this is completely ridiculous.

With all due respect, Billy? Barack Obama has presided over the worst recovery from a recession since the Great Depression and the first credit downgrade in our nation's history.

If you included all of the people who simply gave up looking for work in the "Obama Economy" the real unemployment numbers are historically bad. Take into consideration the trillion dollars we spent on "stimulus" and the years of continuous quantitative easing by the Fed and Obama's numbers go WAY beyond bad. The truth is...if the FED were to cut back on the free money it's pumping into the economy the stock market would go into free fall. It's THAT tenuous right now.

I'm curious...do you even know who Obama's economic advisers ARE now? And if you know that...do you know what their plan is to get the economy to stop treading water and actually grow so people can get jobs? I don't think this Administration HAS a plan for that! Quite frankly, I don't think they've had one since the first stimulus failed.

Depressed corporate activity?! Profits are at an all time high! The stock market has done stellar.

I blew your stats out of the water on job creation.

Do you really want me to wreck your night?

:lol:

Truth out. Despite his lies.

“Under my administration, America is producing more oil today than at any time in the last eight years,” Obama told the audience at the University of Miami. “That’s why we have a record number of oil rigs operating right now – more working oil and gas rigs than the rest of the world combined.”

The increase in domestic drilling was almost entirely in areas for which the Obama administration exercised no authority, as oil production on federal land declined by 11 percent in fiscal year 2011, according to a study by the Institute on Energy Research (IER), a free-market energy think tanks.

But oil production on state lands increased that year by 14 percent and increased by 12 percent on private lands.

“A lot of the wells that were supposed to be drilled weren’t because of the moratorium,” Dan Kish, senior vice president for policy at the IER, told CNSNews.com. “Drilling is up in the U.S. on lands he has no say over. On lands he has all the say over, drilling is down.”

Obama?s Claim of Increasing Domestic Drilling Not Accurate, Say Energy Analysts | CNS News

You want to claim that the Stock Market is doing "Stellar"????

Then why is the Fed dumping $85 Billion a month into it... and they may be increasing that to $100 Billion a month next year.

Under Obama poverty is much worse than Bush. Our standing in the world has declined. The number of people on public assistance has exploded. The Federal debt has exploded. Those are the main facts of the OP's story.

What is not measurable is much worse for Obama. The fact he lied about about almost every facet of Obamacare in order to get it passed has been a huge hit to his credibility, and will be a massive stain on his legacy. The fact he greatly escalated Bush's domestic spying program and then lied to Congress and the American people about it. The fact he made closing Gitmo a major campaign theme and hammered Bush on the issue, and then reneged on his promise.

The "fact check" posted by the OP is garbage (not the op's fault). It is something put together by an Obama apologist that tries to give the appearance of being fair....while largely ignoring the character lapses and failures of Obama that now have a majority American's actively distrusting him.

Most "fact check" things are complete bullshit...as the "fact checker" only looks at those facts they choose to, and then, only through a lens which helps make their political point. Do not be fooled.

I don't understand why you do not take into account the 2007 recession. Yes obviously quality of life is going to be worse under Obama. Shit went bad a year before he came into office. That is not Obama's fault. Since then Obama has created 2.5 more jobs than Bush ever did. You want to put the blame on someone for the increased poverty? Blame the corporations. They have had record profits with stagnant wages. Obama tried to raise the minimum wage. And yeah, because of an increase in poverty, more people are on government assistance. That's just a consequence.

Last edited:
Obama is a total failure. as a president, he is a joke. he came in with no experience and that has shown. a trillion dollars thrown at the economy and the needle barely moved. the only needle it did move was the national debt. his one crowning achievement has turned out to be a total disaster. 3 years to pull it together prior to its official launch and it hits a brick wall out of the gate. his foreign policy is a nightmare. he promised to be the great uniter but we have the most divided congress ever. the only time we have seen any bipartisanship is when democrats joined with republicans to save their political hides after the failed launch of obamacare.

I don't understand why you do not take into account the 2007 recession. Yes obviously quality of life is going to be worse under Obama. Shit went bad a year before he came into office. That is not Obama's fault. Since then Obama has created 2.5 more jobs than Bush ever did. You want to put the blame on someone for the increased poverty? Blame the corporations. They have had record profits with stagnant wages. Obama tried to raise the minimum wage. And yeah, because of an increase in poverty, more people are on government assistance. That's just a consequence.

You forget that Bush had only a 4-5% unemployment. In other words.....there wasnt a lot of job growth because people were fully employed who wanted a job.

R&D spending, business investment, and hiring are all depressed. This is directly due to Obama. Profits are largely obtained overseas and remain there due to tax laws.
The market is high because the Fed is pumping 85B/mo into the system.

Obama has sought to reduce dependence on carbon fuels and has discouraged drilling.

Forum List

Back