Factcheck.org: judging Obama's presidency based on FACTS not hyperbole or rhetoric

You quoted sources that simply took gross job creation over all of Bush's tenure less the jobs lost in the last 6 months and then compared that to job creation during Obama's tenure.
It is a very dishonest way of cherry picking data.

No, I didn't. I made it clear from the beginning that the unemployment rate is still high. See, that's the difference between me and you and the other hacks. I gave a fair and balanced assessment of Obama's record. You have not. You won't give him credit for anything. That's what makes you a biased hack

What should I give him credit for? Booming economy? No. High job creation? No. Fostering innovation in companies? No. Free trade agreements? No. Foreign policy success? No. Obamacare? No.
He gets credit as being the worst fucking president in the history of the world. And I am including idi Amin Dada.

You still haven't told me how you would fix the economy. You're full of shit.

You know how I know you're full of shit? Because you are stupid enough to believe Obama was born in Kenya despite there being zero evidence of this. You, like so many cons, are afraid of factual information that doesn't confirm your bias.

Last edited:
No, I didn't. I made it clear from the beginning that the unemployment rate is still high. See, that's the difference between me and you and the other hacks. I gave a fair and balanced assessment of Obama's record. You have not. You won't give him credit for anything. That's what makes you a biased hack

What should I give him credit for? Booming economy? No. High job creation? No. Fostering innovation in companies? No. Free trade agreements? No. Foreign policy success? No. Obamacare? No.
He gets credit as being the worst fucking president in the history of the world. And I am including idi Amin Dada.

You know how I know you're full of shit? Because you are stupid enough to believe Obama was born in Kenya despite there being zero evidence of this. You, like so many cons, are afraid of factual information that doesn't confirm your bias.
Keep polishing. :lol:

How about you prove to me you aren't a bias, partisan hack? Tell me what you like about Obama and tell me what his accomplishment are? You can still dislike a president and admit what he has done right.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Last edited:
How about you prove to me you aren't a bias, partisan hack? Tell me what you like about Obama and tell me what his accomplishment are? You can still dislike a president and admit what he has done right.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

How about we go back to your initial thread post and address my assertion that Obama and his policies have ZERO relation to increased oil and gas production in this country?

Go ahead. I'll wait.

How about we go back to your initial thread post and address my assertion that Obama and his policies have ZERO relation to increased oil and gas production in this country?

Is that the best you got?

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Is this sorry excuse of a thread all you've got? Putting a failure on a pedestal as you have, makes a big failure a glaring one.

Christ. What have I cherry picked? Explain it. If you are going to to make the accusation, then explain it.

"My take on the economy: Things could be better with 7.3% unemployment. However, the economy went into a free fall in 2007. 100,000s of jobs were being lost each month up. The unemployment rate may have gone up under Obama, but there is no denying that Obama has created more jobs than Bush did in his entire 8 years. In other words, a president only has so much control over a nation's economy. In my perspective, the higher unemployment rate has very little to do with Obama's policies. Could he have done more to repair the problem? Maybe, but our do-nothing congress has contributed a great deal to this. Republicans, historically since 2000, have done NOTHING to improve the economy.
"

That was your opening "salvo" in this string, Billy. Read it. It's YOUR take on how Obama has fared in the five years that he's been in office and it's so obviously biased that it's laughable that you're making THAT post while accusing others of "rhetoric".

"Things could be better?" "The unemployment rate may have gone up under Obama...?" "Could he have done more to repair the problem? Maybe..."

And what do you come up with as the REAL reason the economy is not responding? Because of Republicans in Congress? REALLY? One could quite easily make the argument that the reason that things aren't even WORSE than they are now is that Republicans in Congress took away Barry's ability to pass far left legislation so that we didn't have Cap & Trade passed and we didn't have Card Check passed. Those were the next two items up on Barry, Harry and Nancy's progressive "wish list"...something that was halted by the GOP victories in the 2010 mid-terms. I've got news for you, Billy...if you think that the economy is bad NOW? It would be a heck of a lot worse if the Obama White House hadn't had to back off on the EPA's new greenhouse gas standards...Cap & Trade...and Card Check. Those three things would have REALLY knocked the recovery for a loop! Then there is the job creation that took place in Republican led States. THOSE jobs go in the plus column for Barry even though they were the result of local policies that he opposed in most cases! Barry's ObamaCare legislation prompted employers to turn two full time employees into three part timers so they could skirt the new law. That makes Obama's unemployment numbers look better when in fact it's devastating the American worker who lost their hours! But you don't CARE about those people! You care about making a "case" for Obama's "success".

You don't see any of THAT because you're so bound and determined to see Barack Obama's Presidency as "successful". You started this thread because you were SO upset that a poll started by someone else showed how unfavorably this President is now viewed.

You are such an idiot. My "take" was completely balanced. I acknowledged that the unemployment was still high and that Obama could possibly have done more. And no, it is not just republicans in congress that could have done more, it was also Bush. He was president for 8 years yet 2.5 times less jobs were created under his administration than Obama's 5 years.

You are the biased one you dumbshit. You won't give Obama credit for ANYTHING. You keep going on about this cap and trade, EPA standards yet they didn't even go into practice! That makes those points moot. God you are pathetic.

I started this thread because of the alarming amount of people who gave him an F. I made it clear in that thread Obama did not deserve an A. I gave him a B. Call that bias if you want, but ill say it again, you won't give him credit for ANYTHING. That is what makes you bias. You are a partisan hack who is in serious denial.[/QUOTE]

Your take was completely "balanced"? Really, Billy? You didn't start this thread with the idea of setting the record straight about how you think Barack Obama has done a great job and that it's the Republicans that are to blame for his Administration's shortcomings? You say you started this thread because you were alarmed that so many people gave Obama an F? Do you not understand that people are angry at the President right now with good reason and THAT is why they are giving him an F grade? Why is that "alarming" to you?

As for Cap & Trade, Card Check and more stringent enforcement of greenhouse gas regulations being "moot" because they were never put into practice? You're showing a woeful ignorance of how businesses function, Billy! An ignorance that seems to be epidemic amongst progressives these days. Don't any of you people take business classes in college?

Let's see if I can break it down for you...

Businesses make decisions based on what they perceive to be happening in the future. If the Administration in power declares that they want stricter enforcement on green house gas emissions and you run a company who will be affected by that, then you WILL change the way you go about doing business to reflect the new regulations. If the Administration declares that they will be seeking passage of new Cap & Trade legislation, something that will increase the energy costs of many factories operating in the US, then if I'm a CEO determining where I'm about to build a new factory I am GOING to factor in the additional energy costs in deciding whether or not a new factory is feasible and indeed whether or not to even build it here IN the United States.

So when Barry comes out and SAYS he wants Cap & Trade legislation...that IN AND OF ITSELF has a major impact on the Private Sector even if he never gets it because companies have to make decisions over their future based on a guess whether this goes through or not. Guesses cause indecision and indecision makes companies conservative in their outlook. The widget factory that you were going to build in the US that would employ 5,000 workers? You may very well decide to postpone that capital outlay until you have a better idea what the energy costs will be IF Cap & Trade were passed. Or you may decide to play it safe and build that widget factory in some other country that doesn't have an EPA nor Cap & Trade surcharges on energy. Can you understand NOW why even proposed legislation that is never adopted can cause job loss?

Last edited:
"My take on the economy: Things could be better with 7.3% unemployment. However, the economy went into a free fall in 2007. 100,000s of jobs were being lost each month up. The unemployment rate may have gone up under Obama, but there is no denying that Obama has created more jobs than Bush did in his entire 8 years. In other words, a president only has so much control over a nation's economy. In my perspective, the higher unemployment rate has very little to do with Obama's policies. Could he have done more to repair the problem? Maybe, but our do-nothing congress has contributed a great deal to this. Republicans, historically since 2000, have done NOTHING to improve the economy.
"

That was your opening "salvo" in this string, Billy. Read it. It's YOUR take on how Obama has fared in the five years that he's been in office and it's so obviously biased that it's laughable that you're making THAT post while accusing others of "rhetoric".

"Things could be better?" "The unemployment rate may have gone up under Obama...?" "Could he have done more to repair the problem? Maybe..."

And what do you come up with as the REAL reason the economy is not responding? Because of Republicans in Congress? REALLY? One could quite easily make the argument that the reason that things aren't even WORSE than they are now is that Republicans in Congress took away Barry's ability to pass far left legislation so that we didn't have Cap & Trade passed and we didn't have Card Check passed. Those were the next two items up on Barry, Harry and Nancy's progressive "wish list"...something that was halted by the GOP victories in the 2010 mid-terms. I've got news for you, Billy...if you think that the economy is bad NOW? It would be a heck of a lot worse if the Obama White House hadn't had to back off on the EPA's new greenhouse gas standards...Cap & Trade...and Card Check. Those three things would have REALLY knocked the recovery for a loop! Then there is the job creation that took place in Republican led States. THOSE jobs go in the plus column for Barry even though they were the result of local policies that he opposed in most cases! Barry's ObamaCare legislation prompted employers to turn two full time employees into three part timers so they could skirt the new law. That makes Obama's unemployment numbers look better when in fact it's devastating the American worker who lost their hours! But you don't CARE about those people! You care about making a "case" for Obama's "success".

You don't see any of THAT because you're so bound and determined to see Barack Obama's Presidency as "successful". You started this thread because you were SO upset that a poll started by someone else showed how unfavorably this President is now viewed.

You are such an idiot. My "take" was completely balanced. I acknowledged that the unemployment was still high and that Obama could possibly have done more. And no, it is not just republicans in congress that could have done more, it was also Bush. He was president for 8 years yet 2.5 times less jobs were created under his administration than Obama's 5 years.

You are the biased one you dumbshit. You won't give Obama credit for ANYTHING. You keep going on about this cap and trade, EPA standards yet they didn't even go into practice! That makes those points moot. God you are pathetic.

I started this thread because of the alarming amount of people who gave him an F. I made it clear in that thread Obama did not deserve an A. I gave him a B. Call that bias if you want, but ill say it again, you won't give him credit for ANYTHING. That is what makes you bias. You are a partisan hack who is in serious denial.

Your take was completely "balanced"? Really, Billy? You didn't start this thread with the idea of setting the record straight about how you think Barack Obama has done a great job and that it's the Republicans that are to blame for his Administration's shortcomings? You say you started this thread because you were alarmed that so many people gave Obama an F? Do you not understand that people are angry at the President right now with good reason and THAT is why they are giving him an F grade? Why is that "alarming" to you?

As for Cap & Trade, Card Check and more stringent enforcement of greenhouse gas regulations being "moot" because they were never put into practice? You're showing a woeful ignorance of how businesses function, Billy! An ignorance that seems to be epidemic amongst progressives these days. Don't any of you people take business classes in college?

Businesses make decisions based on what they perceive to be happening in the future. If the Administration in power declares that they want stricter enforcement on green house gas emissions and you run a company who will be affected by that, then you WILL change the way you go about doing business to reflect the new regulations. If the Administration declares that they will be seeking passage of new Cap & Trade legislation, something that will increase the energy costs of many factories operating in the US, then if I'm a CEO determining where I'm about to build a new factory I am GOING to factor in the additional energy costs in deciding whether or not a new factory is feasible and indeed whether or not to even build it here IN the United States.

So when Barry comes out and SAYS he wants Cap & Trade legislation...that IN AND OF ITSELF has a major impact on the Private Sector even if he never gets it because companies have to make decisions over their future based on a guess whether this goes through or not. Guesses cause indecision and indecision makes companies conservative in their outlook. The widget factory that you were going to build in the US that would employ 5,000 workers? You may very well decide to postpone that capital outlay until you have a better idea what the energy costs will be IF Cap & Trade were passed. Or you may decide to play it safe and build that widget factory in some other country that doesn't have an EPA nor Cap & Trade surcharges on energy. Can you understand NOW why even proposed legislation that is never adopted can cause job loss?[/QUOTE]

I never said republicans were responsible for Obama's shortcomings. I said that they have done nothing to improve the economy since 2000. Tax cuts don't create jobs. That's a fact. There is plenty of evidence that says so.

Oh gee, and what's their excuse now that both of those issues have blown over? Where is the evidence that those impending decisions even had a SIGNIFICANT impact on the economy in the first place? Keyword SIGNIFICANT. There isn't ANY. Let's also not forget that stockholders are wealthier than ever. You still haven't given me any evidence to further your point.

Last edited:

Is this sorry excuse of a thread all you've got? Putting a failure on a pedestal as you have, makes a big failure a glaring one.

And yet you provided no evidence to counter mine. That means you failed.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Yes, it is. Because it is all I got. I pay my mortgage, insurance, grocery, utility, clothing, auto, credit card bills ... with revenues from the crude oil that I take from deep underground. At a cost of a quarter of a million dollars each year.

So fuck off, you indolent troll.

"

I started this thread because of the alarming amount of people who gave him an F. I made it clear in that thread Obama did not deserve an A. I gave him a B. Call that bias if you want, but ill say it again, you won't give him credit for ANYTHING. That is what makes you bias. You are a partisan hack who is in serious denial.

So when Barry comes out and SAYS he wants Cap & Trade legislation...that IN AND OF ITSELF has a major impact on the Private Sector even if he never gets it because companies have to make decisions over their future based on a guess whether this goes through or not. Guesses cause indecision and indecision makes companies conservative in their outlook. The widget factory that you were going to build in the US that would employ 5,000 workers? You may very well decide to postpone that capital outlay until you have a better idea what the energy costs will be IF Cap & Trade were passed. Or you may decide to play it safe and build that widget factory in some other country that doesn't have an EPA nor Cap & Trade surcharges on energy. Can you understand NOW why even proposed legislation that is never adopted can cause job loss?

I never said republicans were responsible for Obama's shortcomings. I said that they have done nothing to improve the economy since 2000. Tax cuts don't create jobs. That's a fact. There is plenty of evidence that says so.

Oh gee, and what's their excuse now that both of those issues have blown over? Where is the evidence that those impending decisions even had a SIGNIFICANT impact on the economy in the first place? Keyword SIGNIFICANT. There isn't ANY. Let's also not forget that stockholders are wealthier than ever. You still haven't given me any evidence to further your point.[/QUOTE]

You, like so many progressives, have this misconception that government has to DO something in order to make an economy grow. That simply isn't the case in a free market based economy. The sad truth is that government intervention in free markets almost ALWAYS causes unintended consequences that slow growth.

As for your contention that tax cuts don't create jobs? I would argue that there is substantial proof that they do indeed and have been used successfully by both Democratic and Republican Presidents to do just that. JFK and Ronald Reagan both used tax cuts to spur economic growth and create jobs.

Then there is your contention that pending legislation has no affect on business decisions. The "proof" of that is simple common sense, Billy. If I tell you that I'm about to pass a twenty cent a gallon tax on gasoline...would that make you more or less likely to buy a car that gets a measly 8 miles to the gallon? Would your decision change if you were about to move to a different State that won't have that twenty cent a gallon tax? It's essentially the same thing there that happens when a CEO tries to determine whether to build that new plant here or overseas. But for some reason you refuse to see that...

Last edited:

Go ahead. I'll wait.
When he does something right, I'll let you know.

Deflection isn't a river in Egypt either, Billy.
I've already posted what works. Obamanomics doesn't work. We've seen the results. I've never posted Obama was born in Kenya. Another canard.
Keep em coming, dolt.

You are a gross ignoramus with delusions of grandeur.

Some of us understood Obama was an empty suit as soon as the buzz started about him. There was no "there" there. People were taken in by the hope and change thingy. Now of course they are disillusioned, like you, and want to blame everyone and everything for their own mistakes in judgement.

I didn't blame anyone else for my having voted for Obama, but coming from you I can't be surprised you would try and put words in my mouth.

The truth is that the GOP and Democrats are nothing alike. Some of them agree on some things. All of them agree on a very few things.

Talk and results are two different things, the difference in what they say they will do is typically there. The difference in what they actually do never is.

They are not controlled by the (Zionist) banksters. This is another canard thrown by people who are bad at paying attention. They are responsive to stimuli however.
The current stimulus is millions of people getting thrown off their health care plans and being forced to replace them with much more expensive plans with fewer benefits. That is why the Dems are sprinting to the exits. The fear is palpable. They were sold Ocare as the tonic to perpetual victory. Now it looks like snake oil. Their party leaders are still mouthing the saem crap, hoping no one notices.

I don't know what it is with you and this whole Zionist bankster bullshit, but it's becoming abundantly obvious that you are the one who is bad at paying attention. Bankers are not the only wealthy people who lobby Congress, the only unanimous direction this country has been headed toward has been corporate greed and whatever legislation benefits corporations the most. They all have their own agendas. If you really think the laws in this country aren't influenced by lobbyists almost completely, I'd like to know the name of the place next to the rock you've been living under.

You are a gross ignoramus with delusions of grandeur.

Some of us understood Obama was an empty suit as soon as the buzz started about him. There was no "there" there. People were taken in by the hope and change thingy. Now of course they are disillusioned, like you, and want to blame everyone and everything for their own mistakes in judgement.

I didn't blame anyone else for my having voted for Obama, but coming from you I can't be surprised you would try and put words in my mouth.

The truth is that the GOP and Democrats are nothing alike. Some of them agree on some things. All of them agree on a very few things.

Talk and results are two different things, the difference in what they say they will do is typically there. The difference in what they actually do never is.

They are not controlled by the (Zionist) banksters. This is another canard thrown by people who are bad at paying attention. They are responsive to stimuli however.
The current stimulus is millions of people getting thrown off their health care plans and being forced to replace them with much more expensive plans with fewer benefits. That is why the Dems are sprinting to the exits. The fear is palpable. They were sold Ocare as the tonic to perpetual victory. Now it looks like snake oil. Their party leaders are still mouthing the saem crap, hoping no one notices.

I don't know what it is with you and this whole Zionist bankster bullshit, but it's becoming abundantly obvious that you are the one who is bad at paying attention. Bankers are not the only wealthy people who lobby Congress, the only unanimous direction this country has been headed toward has been corporate greed and whatever legislation benefits corporations the most. They all have their own agendas. If you really think the laws in this country aren't influenced by lobbyists almost completely, I'd like to know the name of the place next to the rock you've been living under.

More OWS bullshit from Duhkeeleez, the latest dolt at this board.
What is "corporate greed"? Can you even define it? Do you know any corporation that does not want to make money? Even the non profits?
Know who the largest lobbyist in DC is? Of course not.

What is "corporate greed"? Can you even define it? Do you know any corporation that does not want to make money? Even the non profits?

Corporate greed is when CEOs and shareholders fuck over whoever they can in order to pad their bank accounts. I can't even believe you're too stupid to get that.

No, obviously the object is to make a profit, but non profits can't make a profit... so you're dumb.

The largest lobbying firm in the US is the US Chamber of Commerce. Next is General Electric.

Never even said a word about Wall Street, you are proving to be a babbling retard. Can you think of any other insults you can use to deflect my posts, or are you just going to be the boards broken record?

Corporate greed is when CEOs and shareholders fuck over whoever they can in order to pad their bank accounts. I can't even believe you're too stupid to get that.

No, obviously the object is to make a profit, but non profits can't make a profit... so you're dumb.

The largest lobbying firm in the US is the US Chamber of Commerce. Next is General Electric.

Never even said a word about Wall Street, you are proving to be a babbling retard. Can you think of any other insults you can use to deflect my posts, or are you just going to be the boards broken record?
How many companies fuck over people to make a profit? How long do they stay in business doing that?
Yeah, you're not too bright. We get it.
The Chamber is typically made up of small businesses. I guess they're fucking over customers too.
Non profits make profit all the time. They can't afford to pay salaries and overhead otherwise.
You really are an ill informed tool, aren't you Duh-killeez?

I don't understand why you do not take into account the 2007 recession. Yes obviously quality of life is going to be worse under Obama. Shit went bad a year before he came into office. That is not Obama's fault. Since then Obama has created 2.5 more jobs than Bush ever did. You want to put the blame on someone for the increased poverty? Blame the corporations. They have had record profits with stagnant wages. Obama tried to raise the minimum wage. And yeah, because of an increase in poverty, more people are on government assistance. That's just a consequence.

You forget that Bush had only a 4-5% unemployment. In other words.....there wasn't a lot of job growth because people were fully employed who wanted a job
Bill, why did you completely ignore my post from yesterday?:eusa_eh:

This is the second time I'm asking why you're ignoring my earlier post, Bill. 'Sup, dude?
I'm not being insulting, but you just keep ignoring.

You forget that Bush had only a 4-5% unemployment. In other words.....there wasn't a lot of job growth because people were fully employed who wanted a job.

Any comment? Any at all?

You forget that Bush had only a 4-5% unemployment. In other words.....there wasn't a lot of job growth because people were fully employed who wanted a job
Bill, why did you completely ignore my post from yesterday?:eusa_eh:

This is the second time I'm asking why you're ignoring my earlier post, Bill. 'Sup, dude?
I'm not being insulting, but you just keep ignoring.

You forget that Bush had only a 4-5% unemployment. In other words.....there wasn't a lot of job growth because people were fully employed who wanted a job.

Any comment? Any at all?
It was low only because Bush threw all the black men in jail. Don't you read the papers?

Forum List

Back