Facts That Should Make Blue Lives Matter Supporters Cringe In Horror

As I always like to say, we shouldn't judge all cops based on the bad ones. They give the other 2% a bad name. Too many people support the police unequivocally and give them far too much latitude and that is why things aren't changing. There isn't enough accountability for those who behave badly and their buddies who are complicit in covering it up.

Police brutality is systemic, not anecdotal.

On a national level, 95 percent or more of police misconduct cases referred for federal prosecution are declined by prosecutors. USA Today reported that juries “are conditioned to believe cops, and victims’ credibility is often challenged.”

A Department of Justice study revealed that a substantial percentage of police officers report that they’ve seen other officers use excessive force on civilians, and 61 percent admit they don’t always report “even serious criminal violations that involve abuse of authority by fellow officers.”

Don’t be in denial. Police misconduct is nothing new, but the technology we have to capture it is. Nearly everyone is now equipped with a smartphone with a camera, so these incidents are more readily caught on film.

Any police officer that fails to report another police officer’s misconduct is complicit. Failure to report undermines the law enforcement community in the worst way imaginable.

Because of this misconduct, the public doesn’t trust police officers. Police admit to lying when they see citizens being violated or abused by other police officers. Police are supposed to protect and serve, but sadly they protect their self-interest first and foremost.

We all have a job to do, we all make mistakes ..everyone wants to go home at night.

When you get a job with a badge and a gun getting duty of the hood is going to suck big time..at night

No white or black likes that assignment you have to deal with the scum of the earth..
I've been in several places here in Memphis, people on this board would shit their pants entering....

We got Scott St. & Wilmington here in Houston.
Ranked second most dangerous neighborhood in the U.S.

You guys need to pick up your game ....you're only fourth:blsmile:
Top 25 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in America - 2015 - Neighborhood Scout
Memphis has 3, I know those and they are rough no doubt, and still quite a few more....Shockingly none are in Germantown or Collierville.

This paper explores racial differences in police use of force. On non-lethal uses of force, blacks and Hispanics are more than fifty percent more likely to experience some form of force in interactions with police. Adding controls that account for important context and civilian behavior reduces, but cannot fully explain, these disparities.
An Empirical Analysis of Racial Differences in Police Use of Force

I see, you think they are upset with what happened hundreds of years ago
As though overt apartheid for centuries and covert apartheid for decades will not leave a legacy in post racial America, especially in the institutions that enforced that apartheid. Next you'll be saying there's no white privilege.
Nobody gave me anything due to my whiteness but many have benefited from their minority race so I have to conclude you are full of garbage.

You are nothing but a bag of cliches. A piece of shit. That is all you are. That is it. parroting pathetic talking points.
With nothing but data to back those points up, unlike your spittle flecked ranting...

A study of Connecticut traffic stops in 2014 and 2015 — among the states with the most recent data — found that 14 percent of traffic stops targeted black drivers, despite them making up only 9 percent of the state’s population. Whites, on the other hand, made up 70 percent of the traffic stops, but about 80 percent of the population. They also found the racial disparity was larger during the day than at night, when the officer can easily observe their race before turning on the sirens. The analogous statistic was not available for white drivers.
WaPo
So you believe the blacks were stopped for driving while black? You need to support that before you build the rest of your argument on it, otherwise it's a foundation on sinking sand.

As I always like to say, we shouldn't judge all cops based on the bad ones. They give the other 2% a bad name. Too many people support the police unequivocally and give them far too much latitude and that is why things aren't changing. There isn't enough accountability for those who behave badly and their buddies who are complicit in covering it up.

On a national level, 95 percent or more of police misconduct cases referred for federal prosecution are declined by prosecutors. USA Today reported that juries “are conditioned to believe cops, and victims’ credibility is often challenged.”

A Department of Justice study revealed that a substantial percentage of police officers report that they’ve seen other officers use excessive force on civilians, and 61 percent admit they don’t always report “even serious criminal violations that involve abuse of authority by fellow officers.”

Don’t be in denial. Police misconduct is nothing new, but the technology we have to capture it is. Nearly everyone is now equipped with a smartphone with a camera, so these incidents are more readily caught on film.

Any police officer that fails to report another police officer’s misconduct is complicit. Failure to report undermines the law enforcement community in the worst way imaginable.

Because of this misconduct, the public doesn’t trust police officers. Police admit to lying when they see citizens being violated or abused by other police officers. Police are supposed to protect and serve, but sadly they protect their self-interest first and foremost.

Fuck off with your paranoid delusions and grandiose self importance. Cop hate is irrational 99.9% of the time. Idiot
We all know and love cops as heroes. That doesn't mean they are untouchable. They will dig in and fight change, you will fight it.

And in the end the cops will change. They will police how we tell them to police.
When JFK was assassinated the Country went into a fit of mourning for a decade and more. When Martin King was assassinated the Country endured tens of millions of dollars in damages and countless lives lost in riots. When Rodney King was manhandled by L.A. Officers the riots caused the deaths of 55 innocent people and tens of millions of dollars in damage.. Here we have five brave Police Officers who took the oath to "serve and protect" and were assassinated and all we hear is a defense of the maniac and the movement that killed them. Is it some sort of cosmic joke? In the words of Steve McQueen (his last words in the movie The Sand Pebbles), "what the hell happened?"
We feel sorry for the officers and their families. Do you feel sorry for all the blacks that have lost their lives because cops are poorly trained and supervised? Enough is enough. You can't keep pushing people and be shocked when they push back. And you can no longer pretend it's just a bad apple. The entire barrell is bad. Don't pretend it's not

^^^^^^
Exhibit A above: Indoctrination works!
Explain your stupid thought.
Negros have 'tribalism' in their DNA.
Spread out a thousand negroes over a twenty square mile area and within a month they'll all be living on a couple of acres.
Their 'tribalism' stems from being ruled over by the only man in the tribe with an IQ above 110.
He told them what to do and when to do it. Over millenniums they never needed to take personal responsibility for fuck all. 'They still didn't know what the meaning of the word is exactly let alone have the slightest desire to take any personal responsibility for their lives.
'Fuck Fight and steal your neighbor's garbage cans.
Watched the first episode of a TV reality show called 'Alone'.
Fifteen people with 'survival skills' are dropped off on the remote West Vancouver Island. Each one has basic survival gear. All have ample seafood handy on the beach and in the ocean. Each has a freshwater stream.
The last person not to 'tap-out' and call to be taken back to society wins 500K.
The first episode showed the contestants at home with their families packing up.
One was a large negro man. Ex military. VERY imposing!
The others were white men and women.
When I saw the ex-military negro get dropped off to spend the next few weeks by himself, equipped just like everyone else I said to my wife: "He'll last about half a day before he loses it and taps out." But I was wrong. The ex-military, obvious 'token 'AA' negro man only lasted for a couple of hours before he crapped out and started literally crying to go home.
(Each person was given a camera to record their time 'Alone' and to record how they were able to survive.)/

Fuck off with your paranoid delusions and grandiose self importance. Cop hate is irrational 99.9% of the time. Idiot
We all know and love cops as heroes. That doesn't mean they are untouchable. They will dig in and fight change, you will fight it.

And in the end the cops will change. They will police how we tell them to police.
When JFK was assassinated the Country went into a fit of mourning for a decade and more. When Martin King was assassinated the Country endured tens of millions of dollars in damages and countless lives lost in riots. When Rodney King was manhandled by L.A. Officers the riots caused the deaths of 55 innocent people and tens of millions of dollars in damage.. Here we have five brave Police Officers who took the oath to "serve and protect" and were assassinated and all we hear is a defense of the maniac and the movement that killed them. Is it some sort of cosmic joke? In the words of Steve McQueen (his last words in the movie The Sand Pebbles), "what the hell happened?"
We feel sorry for the officers and their families. Do you feel sorry for all the blacks that have lost their lives because cops are poorly trained and supervised? Enough is enough. You can't keep pushing people and be shocked when they push back. And you can no longer pretend it's just a bad apple. The entire barrell is bad. Don't pretend it's not

^^^^^^

It was well thought out. You the one who said "the entire barrel is bad", idjit! Consider my smart thought, explained.
I heard a guy say that on NPR. A former cop who wrote a book about how the entire justice system needs reforming. How the war on drugs under Reagan militarized our police and then 9-11. How cops need better training on de escalation. How cops have a power trip, burn out, and negative attitude of the public.

We know too much is true now to listen anymore to your denials and deflection.

Time for change.
Recall the title?

^^^^^^

It was well thought out. You the one who said "the entire barrel is bad", idjit! Consider my smart thought, explained.
I heard a guy say that on NPR. A former cop who wrote a book about how the entire justice system needs reforming. How the war on drugs under Reagan militarized our police and then 9-11. How cops need better training on de escalation. How cops have a power trip, burn out, and negative attitude of the public.

Time for change.
Recall the title?
This might be it

The Transformation Of The LAPD — And The Work That Remains

"The police commission faulted the officers who killed Ford because they had no reason to stop him. So the whole incident, they said, has to be looked at from the beginning to the end, not just what was happening in the very end when they shot him.

^^^^^^

Time for change.
Recall the title?
No here it is:

Former Police Chief Has A Plan For 'How To Fix America's Police'

Norm Stamper was chief of the Seattle Police Department for six years. Last month, he put out a book on this very issue. It's called "To Protect And Serve: How To Fix America's Police."

The effort to achieve an authentic partnership between community and police and particularly in those communities that historically have had the toughest time with law enforcement is always on my mind. It is critical, it seems to me, that we find a way to find common ground. And we're not very close to that moment at this point.

Well, for me, the moral equivalence boils down to the very basic principle of the sanctity of human life. And whether you're wearing a blue or a tan or a khaki uniform or you're an 18 or 19-year-old young African-American man, your life is valuable

So I have to assume that you believe that America's policing system is in fact broken. What's broken?

STAMPER: The system itself. Policing is broken. Tragically, it has been broken from the very beginning of the institution. It has evolved as a paramilitary, bureaucratic, organizational arrangement that distances police officers from the communities they've been sworn to protect and serve.

what's broken?

STAMPER: Well, it starts from the very basic premise that the police in America belong to the people, not the other way around. And if we're ever to achieve that kind of partnership, we've got to find a way to build trust.

that means we need to adopt true community policing. And I don't believe that that exists to the extent that it should.

MARTIN: That suggests that this is an issue of a few people as opposed to a systemic problem. So what's the system problem that leads to these poor outcomes?

STAMPER: The system problem, I think, is that police officers in the United States believe that they must maintain control from beginning to end of every single contact they make. They're taught that by their culture. In some cases, they're taught that in the police academy.

When you create this one-up, one-down situation in which the police officer says, I'm the cop. You're not. This is what you're going to do and why you're going to do it, how you're going to do it, if you're going to do it. That kind of control leads to an abuse of power. We've also militarized American law enforcement beyond all measure. The drug work has contributed dramatically to the militarization of policing. If you're engaged in a war, you have to have an enemy. You also have to have propaganda. You don't fight wars without enemies and propaganda.

^^^^^^

Time for change.
Recall the title?
No here it is:

Norm Stamper was chief of the Seattle Police Department for six years. Last month, he put out a book on this very issue. It's called "To Protect And Serve: How To Fix America's Police."

The effort to achieve an authentic partnership between community and police and particularly in those communities that historically have had the toughest time with law enforcement is always on my mind. It is critical, it seems to me, that we find a way to find common ground. And we're not very close to that moment at this point.

Well, for me, the moral equivalence boils down to the very basic principle of the sanctity of human life. And whether you're wearing a blue or a tan or a khaki uniform or you're an 18 or 19-year-old young African-American man, your life is valuable

So I have to assume that you believe that America's policing system is in fact broken. What's broken?

STAMPER: The system itself. Policing is broken. Tragically, it has been broken from the very beginning of the institution. It has evolved as a paramilitary, bureaucratic, organizational arrangement that distances police officers from the communities they've been sworn to protect and serve.
Paramilitary? I live in memphis and I don't see that at all.

And so we've taught our cops that they're on the front lines of an occupational force and their job is to maintain control of every situation. And I would argue that they lose control when they embrace that attitude and take it into every contact. Look, there are dangerous situations in police work, and police officers need to be ready to use force. The law entitles them to use only that amount of force necessary to overcome whatever resistance they're facing. And if, in fact, you're confronting, as the police officers in Dallas did, an armed and very, very dangerous man, they are authorized to use lethal force.

Most people, I think, get that. It's when you get into these discretionary marginal contacts that we find police officers abusing their power. And it is true that if one officer out of the million police officers we have in this country shoot somebody without authorization, without legal standing, and we can say that's the exception. Let's go ahead and deal with that individual. But when we have shooting after shooting after shooting that most people would define as at least questionable, it's time to look, not just at a few bad apples, but the barrel. And I'm convinced that it is the barrel that is rotted.

Time for change.
Recall the title?
No here it is:

Paramilitary? I live in memphis and I don't see that at all.
A scared cop is an impulsive cop. A scared cop is somebody who literally does not see straight. Perception is affected by fear, sometimes profoundly. Every officer who's been involved in a shooting - and I have been - will tell you that tunnel vision is absolutely real. Everything else disappears from view but the threat to the safety of the officer or to the safety of any other person.

And so it's vital, I think, that we all understand that when a police officer is frightened, is inclined toward impulsive behavior or rash behavior, we need to be asking ourselves, did we anticipate this? Isn't it in the nature of police where the cops are going to find themselves 3 o'clock in the morning down a darkened alley confronting somebody? How do we train them, educate them such that they know what their bodies are going to do?

Forum List

Back