Faith-healing parents charged in baby's death

when it comes to breaking the law? no, it's not. You saw that one set of pathetic christian parents were charged just like you see polygamist mormons matching 13 year old girls with men in their forties being hunted down and dealt with.

there IS laws concerneing Criminal Neglect of a child though.. and no amount of personal choice regarding a parent choosing faith over meds in their personal health will validate doing the same with your sick dependant child.

Bi-polar? no.. Awfully consistant? absolutely.

The law has covered people like this in the past....i think it is jehova witnesses that refuse to take in a blood transfusion...children of them have died and they have not been jailed because of it.... at least if memory serves me?

care

when it comes to breaking the law? no, it's not. You saw that one set of pathetic christian parents were charged just like you see polygamist mormons matching 13 year old girls with men in their forties being hunted down and dealt with.

there IS laws concerneing Criminal Neglect of a child though.. and no amount of personal choice regarding a parent choosing faith over meds in their personal health will validate doing the same with your sick dependant child.

Bi-polar? no.. Awfully consistant? absolutely.

So you basically just agreed with what I said. I'll post my quote from the previous post. Notice NEGLECT in bold.

"No shit sherlock....but you know what...that's their freedom now isn't it. If what they believe is God tells them to not take medicine...then it's their right. There is not law that says you must accept medical treatment. The most they could legally be charged for is neglect, and that's if the Freedom of Religion thing doesn't trump that. Just because you don't believe in God doesn't give you the overwhelming authority to decide how people live their life.

Consistent, maybe....Aweful-most definately :)

meh.. you'll be singing me praises when you hop on something I've said that you agree with in some other thread

meh.. you'll be singing me praises when you hop on something I've said that you agree with in some other thread

I may "sing you praises" when I do agree with you, if that's what you're willing to call it. I have no problem letting someone know if I agree

However, I will disagree with some of the BS you put out there, and let you know it.

What? How could this be? Shogun? BS? Oh that's right, I forgot, Shogun is the knower of all things in the universe...:rolleyes:

Though highly intelligent, sometimes you suprise me...:cool:

my line: Who'se the Prettiest?

your line: SHO'NUFF!

My line: Who'se the meanest?

my line: Who'se the consistently solid cognitive dragon to grace your forum habit?

shonuff.jpg

the Shogun of USMB

*sigh*

you are like a fanboi who both fell in love with Star Wars for creating the light saber... but hates george lucas for creating jarjar binks.

:rofl:

*sigh*

you are like a fanboi who both fell in love with Star Wars for creating the light saber... but hates george lucas for creating jarjar binks.

:rofl:

Now that's something I can agree with....**Praise** **Praise**

while not entirely in love with Star Wars, jarjar binks drove me nuts.

Animated&

VentureBros-Lightsaber1.gif

Venture Bros were funny as hell. This gif is the greatest thing I have seen today thus far.

Who cares what the parents believe? The parents could believe in a flat Earth. The medical care that the child should receive is based on science and not superstition. The child has the objective right to proper health care, the parents should have no right to deny it. The child is not the property of the parents, the child has rights beyond any putative ownership rights of the parents.

I see. So basically, in your opinion, the parents are only held responsible for their children/children's actions, but have to authority to raise them as they see fit. That's so bullshit a double standard it's as obvious as day an not the least bit funny.

Who cares what the parents believe indeed.

What you're basically arguing is that you can dictate to people what you wish for them to believe. Way to go, Adolph.

If you don't see a difference then I can point you to some texts which will be useful.

There is no difference. YOUR decision to make YOUR child a spineless pussy because YOU don't believe in violence killed him as dead as if you pulled the trigger yourself.

Now would you like to check out the probability of being the victim of a violent crime in this country -- statistics, not superstition?

Please tell me how your belief has not caused the death of your child anymore than the person's in the original article.

I'm ALL ears ....

I'm afraid I think your analogy is flawed (particularly given that not fighting back would be the INDIVIDUAL'S choice -- but that's almost neither here nor there).

But tell me, would you be defending them if they waved a chicken over the child's head?

No, it is not the child's choice if he has been brainwashed to believe certain BS. My point being that "certain BS" is relative.

I am NOT defending their decision.

But you tell me ... what's the difference between what these parents did that you call murder and parents walking into an abortion clinic and snuffing out their child's life? How is THAT not murder?

And don't waste any effort on selling me on the fact an unborn human being is anything other than an unborn human being.

The entire premise of my argument is the double standard. It's the liberals calling for these parent's heads because they dared do something for a reason you don't agree with, but you hold a completely opposite view when it's parents doing what you DO agree with.

That's called playing God where I come from.

No, it is not the child's choice if he has been brainwashed to believe certain BS. My point being that "certain BS" is relative.

I am NOT defending their decision.

But you tell me ... what's the difference between what these parents did that you call murder and parents walking into an abortion clinic and snuffing out their child's life? How is THAT not murder?

And don't waste any effort on selling me on the fact an unborn human being is anything other than an unborn human being.

The entire premise of my argument is the double standard. It's the liberals calling for these parent's heads because they dared do something for a reason you don't agree with, but you hold a completely opposite view when it's parents doing what you DO agree with.

That's called playing God where I come from.

Children don't CHOOSE to be brainwashed. There's a reason most children share the faith of their parents... it's because they've been undocumented.

Potential life isn't being human any more than an egg is a chicken.

The double standard isn't mine.

Maybe I have issues with people doing psychotic things that kill children who had no choice in the matter... you know, LIVING CHILDREN...

Children don't CHOOSE to be brainwashed. There's a reason most children share the faith of their parents... it's because they've been undocumented.

Potential life isn't being human any more than an egg is a chicken.

The double standard isn't mine.

Maybe I have issues with people doing psychotic things that kill children who had no choice in the matter... you know, LIVING CHILDREN...

I see. So you are going to try and stand on this "potential life." I guess that's how you pro-choice folks manage to get to sleep at night, huh? Convincing yourself that an unborn human being is not an unborn human being.

Chickens are birds, not mammals, so there is no correlation. Chickens lay eggs that THEN hatch. Mammals are born alive.

I see. So you are going to try and stand on this "potential life." I guess that's how you pro-choice folks manage to get to sleep at night, huh? Convincing yourself that an unborn human being is not an unborn human being.

Chickens are birds, not mammals, so there is no correlation. Chickens lay eggs that THEN hatch. Mammals are born alive.

It's not about convincing myself of anything. I just don't think anyone has the right to impose their religious beliefs on others who don't share it. It's a moral choice that every woman has to make for herself if the situation arises. No more, no less.

It's not about convincing myself of anything. I just don't think anyone has the right to impose their religious beliefs on others who don't share it. It's a moral choice that every woman has to make for herself if the situation arises. No more, no less.

What about imposing their LAWS OF GOD on a society.....................:rolleyes: :eusa_whistle:

No, I think we sleep at night knowing we aren't forcing our moral views on others and knowing that forcing women to give birth is wrong.

Forum List

Back