Faith in JESUS Saves You not Obeying Old Testment Law

GISMYS

VIP Member
Mar 4, 2013
Faith in JESUS Saves You not Obeying Old Testment Law==CHOSE T0 PLACE YOUR FAITH IN JESUS==a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. Galations 2:16
==BELIEVERS! We now live under the new covenant not under old testment law. PTL.=======If we could be saved by his laws, then God would not have had to give us a different way to get out of the grip of sin—for the Scriptures insist we are all its prisoners. The only way out is through faith in Jesus Christ; the way of escape is open to all who believe him.

23 Until Christ came we were guarded by the law, kept in protective custody, so to speak, until we could believe in the coming Savior.

24 Let me put it another way. The Jewish laws were our teacher and guide until Christ came to give us right standing with God through our faith. 25 But now that Christ has come, we don’t need those laws any longer to guard us and lead us to him. 26 For now we are all children of God through faith in Jesus Christ, 27 and we who have been baptized into union with Christ are enveloped by him. 28 We are no longer Jews or Greeks or slaves or free men or even merely men or women, but we are all the same—we are Christians; we are one in Christ Jesus. 29 And now that we are Christ’s we are the true descendants of Abraham, and all of God’s promises to him belong to us.
Galations 3:21-29

BELIEVERS= remember this, that if a father dies and leaves great wealth for his little son, that child is not much better off than a slave until he grows up, even though he actually owns everything his father had. 2 He has to do what his guardians and managers tell him to until he reaches whatever age his father set.

3 And that is the way it was with us before Christ came. We were slaves to Jewish laws and rituals, for we thought they could save us. 4 But when the right time came, the time God decided on, he sent his Son, born of a woman, born as a Jew, 5 to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law so that he could adopt us as his very own sons. 6 And because we are his sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, so now we can rightly speak of God as our dear Father. 7 Now we are no longer slaves but God’s own sons. And since we are his sons, everything he has belongs to us, for that is the way God planned.
Galations 4:1-7

Matthew 5:17-18 (NIV)

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

His death helped us overcome and forgive us of our sins, because mankind can not be saved on just the laws.

You try your best to follow the laws, along with Faith in Jesus, but we all fall short in sin when we had just the laws.

Christians didn't exist when Torah and the Law was given. Thus to say Christians aren't bound by those laws is as true as if you said Scientologists weren't bound to Jewish law either. They're not. Though some could argue, certain major laws are universal as with not murdering, stealing, lying, adultery, etc.. World was flooded and everyone killed afterall for robbery so Jewish or not it seems everyone's under some laws.

11. Now the earth was corrupt before God, and the earth became full of robbery.
- Genesis 6

there is nothing like a good stoning to make you feel religiously fulfilled
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDe9msExUK8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDe9msExUK8[/ame]

BELIEVERS= That is the way it was with us before Christ came. We were slaves to Jewish laws and rituals, for we thought they could save us. 4 But when the right time came, the time God decided on, he sent his Son, born of a woman, born as a Jew, 5 to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law so that he could adopt us as his very own sons. 6 And because we are his sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, so now we can rightly speak of God as our dear Father. 7 Now we are no longer slaves but God’s own sons. And since we are his sons, everything he has belongs to us, for that is the way God planned.

8 Before you Gentiles knew God you were slaves to so-called gods that did not even exist. 9 And now that you have found God (or I should say, now that God has found you), how can it be that you want to go back again and become slaves once more to another poor, weak, useless religion of trying to get to heaven by obeying God’s laws? 10 You are trying to find favor with God by what you do or don’t do on certain days or months or seasons or years. 11 I fear for you. I am afraid that all my hard work for you was worth nothing.
GALATIONS 4:3-11

BELIEVERRS=You and I, dear brothers, are the children that God promised, just as Isaac was. 29 And so we who are born of the Holy Spirit are persecuted now by those who want us to keep the Jewish laws, just as Isaac, the child of promise, was persecuted by Ishmael, the slave-wife’s son.

30 But the Scriptures say that God told Abraham to send away the slave-wife and her son, for the slave-wife’s son could not inherit Abraham’s home and lands along with the free woman’s son. 31 Dear brothers, we are not slave children, obligated to the Jewish laws, but children of the free woman, acceptable to God because of our faith.
GALATIONS 4:28-31 ===YES!!! PTL. WE BELIEVES live under the new covenant with FAITH IN JESUS AS OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!!!!

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

His death helped us overcome and forgive us of our sins, because mankind can not be saved on just the laws.

You try your best to follow the laws, along with Faith in Jesus, but we all fall short in sin when we had just the laws.

close, but not exactly.

Jesus, like Moses and all of the prophets, taught that the law would remain in effect and in full force for as long as heaven and earth endure.

The burden of the the law that was removed by the teachings of Jesus was the consequence for noncompliance, sin, and sin can only be removed by revealing the right way to conform to the law that results in the promise of life fulfilled that was originally taught by Moses that he said the people would turn aside from after his death, Deuteronomy 31:29. " For I know that after my death you will turn aside from THE WAY that I taught you to follow [the law] and take to degrading practices..

This means that what had become more than a thousand year traditional way of following a literal interpretation and application of the Law was the wrong way long before Jesus was born, a generation of error that persists to this day..

What became obsolete was the wrong way to understand and conform to the law, not the law itself.

In spite of all his claims of being saved and having faith in Jesus, Gisms has proven beyond any reasonable doubt that death remains the consequence for setting aside the laws of God and eating the vile and contaminating flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate. He has not eaten the flesh of the son of God about the figurative nature and hidden subjects of the Law and consequently can have no life in him, the eternal life promised for obedience to the Law..

Last edited:
BELIEVERS= Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

IF YOU ARE LIVING UNDER LAW 1-4 Christ then becomes of no effect unto you, whosoever of you claim justification by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
Galations 5:1 & 4

[MENTION=42952]GISMYS[/MENTION]
Some ways to explain this concept of "Jesus Saves"
to secular Gentiles under natural laws

When someone says that only faith in Jesus saves,
By secular laws it means having faith in Justice to come,
by restoring relations in truth and not by retribution by judgment or punishment.
By spiritual laws Jesus means Salvation by Grace,
which means how divine forgiveness heals mind body and relations to bring peace to all.

1. Having "faith in Justice" allows us to establish it
by taking steps toward this vision we have in advance.
If we didn't have faith in advance that "Equal Justice" could be achieved,
we would not even try to work toward this Justice.
The trick is not imposing "our concept" of justice on others which may be biased.
The point is to TRUST in Justice to be established on its own,
by correcting all errors we can find in ourselves EQUALLY as our neighbors,
so that the relationship and process is EQUAL in working together toward Justice
as we believe and agree in common.

it is NOT to impose Justice by "retribution" which kills the relations and
causes war instead of bringing peace.

2. Having "faith in Salvation" where Jesus also means Salvation
means faith that FORGIVENESS heals relations
and allows wrongs to be addressed with correction and restitution.
Forgiveness is NOT to condone and let wrongs continue, but the opposite.
It opens the door for people to work together so
injustice can be corrected and relations/society reformed and rebuilt.

So this covers both the believers under scriptural laws on God's spiritual level
and gentiles under secular laws of man and nature on the earthly physical plane.

Faith in JESUS Saves You not Obeying Old Testment Law==CHOSE T0 PLACE YOUR FAITH IN JESUS==a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. Galations 2:16
==BELIEVERS! We now live under the new covenant not under old testment law. PTL.=======If we could be saved by his laws, then God would not have had to give us a different way to get out of the grip of sin—for the Scriptures insist we are all its prisoners. The only way out is through faith in Jesus Christ; the way of escape is open to all who believe him.

23 Until Christ came we were guarded by the law, kept in protective custody, so to speak, until we could believe in the coming Savior.

24 Let me put it another way. The Jewish laws were our teacher and guide until Christ came to give us right standing with God through our faith. 25 But now that Christ has come, we don’t need those laws any longer to guard us and lead us to him. 26 For now we are all children of God through faith in Jesus Christ, 27 and we who have been baptized into union with Christ are enveloped by him. 28 We are no longer Jews or Greeks or slaves or free men or even merely men or women, but we are all the same—we are Christians; we are one in Christ Jesus. 29 And now that we are Christ’s we are the true descendants of Abraham, and all of God’s promises to him belong to us.

I don't think anyone has argued that Obeying the Old Testament law saves anyone.

However, if you love Him, you will keep His commandments.

BELIEVERS KNOW=14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.”

15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye not be consumed one by another.

16 This I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary the one to the other, so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18 But if ye are led by the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
GALATIONS 5:14-18

Dear [MENTION=43287]hobelim[/MENTION] and [MENTION=42952]GISMYS[/MENTION]
I find that where we agree by the spirit of the laws, then the letter follows.
But not vice versa. As you all seem to point out, where humans go wrong is
going by the letter of the law, where it ends up falling short and missing the spirit.

The first step seems to be to agree on the spirit of the laws.
If we agree that the correct spirit is love of truth and respect for justice
and faith in Jesus (as Justice and as Salvation) for all humanity who
agree to receive this Spirit, then we are talking about the same thing.

All other corrections can be made from there. But if we are not united
in spirit and agreement to begin with, we can haggle over the letter and miss each other's points because we are still afraid the other is wrong and trying to teach us or others wrong.

First we need to trust we are all seeking the same Truth of God
through the same connection between us by Christ or by conscience
as the "one mediator between us and God"

Once we agree to let THAT spirit of Christ Jesus govern our interactions,
then God's will and truth will prevail in our words and understanding as one in Christ.

close, but not exactly.

Jesus, like Moses and all of the prophets, taught that the law would remain in effect and in full force for as long as heaven and earth endure.

The burden of the the law that was removed by the teachings of Jesus was the consequence for noncompliance, sin, and sin can only be removed by revealing the right way to conform to the law that results in the promise of life fulfilled that was originally taught by Moses that he said the people would turn aside from after his death, Deuteronomy 31:29. " For I know that after my death you will turn aside from THE WAY that I taught you to follow [the law] and take to degrading practices..

This means that what had become more than a thousand year traditional way of following a literal interpretation and application of the Law was the wrong way long before Jesus was born, a generation of error that persists to this day..

What became obsolete was the wrong way to understand and conform to the law, not the law itself.

In spite of all his claims of being saved and having faith in Jesus Gisms has proven beyond any reasonable doubt that death remains the consequence for setting aside the laws of God and eating the vile and contaminating flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate.

Dear [MENTION=43287]hobelim[/MENTION]
going by the letter of the law, where it ends up falling short and missing the spirit.

Exactly.

The law is about one thing or another and THE WAY the law is interpreted reflects an image of God, either true or false. If one interprets the law and the rest of scripture for that matter literally it creates an image of God as a capricious and puerile petty tyrant which would in turn make believers strive to become capricious and puerile petty tyrants as well.

see how believing that scripture is meant to be taken at face value and interpreted literally has turned gism into some perverse creature, preoccupied with other peoples sex lives, that does not ruminate and crawls on its belly prancing around with no worries completely naked and oblivious to the fact that if scripture is even one tenth true he is on the way to destruction?

Kosher law is either about what you serve and eat or what you teach and learn, whether clean or unclean. The way of holiness is either about diet and fashion or thought and behavior.

Obviously Jesus believed that the language of the law was figurative and the subjects hidden whether anyone agrees with this teaching or not..

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure lying buried in a field....."

Last edited:
I AM POSTING GOD'S WORD HERE!!! BELIEVE IT!!!===Faith in JESUS Saves You not Obeying Old Testment Law

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I AM POSTING GOD'S WORD HERE!!! BELIEVE IT!!!===Faith in JESUS Saves You not Obeying Old Testment Law

That is not Gods words, that's the putrefied flesh of a dead man, you.

Not kosher, not to mention the stink.

If you have faith in Jesus you will follow the law in the way that Jesus taught to the law to receive the eternal life promised for compliance.

You are possessed by the legion of demons who fucked up your mind and taught you to worship another man and to believe that you are about to vanish into thin air ANY MINUTE and that you are the son of a make believe three in one god that does not exist .

You do not post Gods word, you desecrate it. You have no faith in Jesus, you do not preach what he taught, you have done absolutely nothing to save your soul from permanent destruction.

Last edited:
BELIEVERS WE NOW LIVE BY FAITH IN JESUS NOT UNDER THE OLD COVENANT LAW!!!= OBEYING THE LAW WAS== the way it was with us before Christ came. We were slaves to Jewish laws and rituals, for we thought they could save us. 4 But when the right time came, the time God decided on, he sent his Son, born of a woman, born as a Jew, 5 to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law so that he could adopt us as his very own sons. 6 And because we are his sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, so now we can rightly speak of God as our dear Father. 7 Now we are no longer slaves but God’s own sons. And since we are his sons, everything he has belongs to us, for that is the way God planned.

8 Before you Gentiles knew God you were slaves to so-called gods that did not even exist. 9 And now that you have found God (or I should say, now that God has found you), how can it be that you want to go back again and become slaves once more to another poor, weak, useless religion of trying to get to heaven by obeying God’s laws? 10 You are trying to find favor with God by what you do or don’t do on certain days or months or seasons or years. 11 I fear for you. I am afraid that all my hard work for you was worth nothing.

Thank you [MENTION=43287]hobelim[/MENTION]

How can we help GISMYS as our brother in Christ
to resolve whatever issue causes him to preach out this way.

He said he did not want to "change his ways to please man"
but wanted to make sure he is "speaking true to God's word"

I tried to explain this isn't "changing to please man".
How would you explain how the spirit of the message is being lost
in how he preaches this way?

I thought it could be a forgiveness issue causing him to project on others.
Can you ask him what it is that he really seeks to achieve so
we can help him share that message in agreement, not in adversity? Thank you!

Dear [MENTION=43287]hobelim[/MENTION]

Exactly.

The law is about one thing or another and THE WAY the law is interpreted reflects an image of God, either true or false. If one interprets the law and the rest of scripture for that matter literally it creates an image of God as a capricious and puerile petty tyrant which would in turn make believers strive to become capricious and puerile petty tyrants as well.

see how believing that scripture is meant to be taken at face value and interpreted literally has turned gism into some perverse creature, preoccupied with other peoples sex lives, that does not ruminate and crawls on its belly prancing around with no worries completely naked and oblivious to the fact that if scripture is even one tenth true he is on the way to destruction?

Kosher law is either about what you serve and eat or what you teach and learn, whether clean or unclean. The way of holiness is either about diet and fashion or thought and behavior.

Obviously Jesus believed that the language of the law was figurative and the subjects hidden whether anyone agrees with this teaching or not..

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure lying buried in a field....."

BELIEVE GOD'S INSPIRED (GOD BREATHED) WORD!!!BELIEVERS WE NOW LIVE BY FAITH IN JESUS NOT UNDER THE OLD COVENANT LAW!!!= OBEYING THE LAW WAS== the way it was with us before Christ came. We were slaves to Jewish laws and rituals, for we thought they could save us. 4 But when the right time came, the time God decided on, he sent his Son, born of a woman, born as a Jew, 5 to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law so that he could adopt us as his very own sons. 6 And because we are his sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, so now we can rightly speak of God as our dear Father. 7 Now we are no longer slaves but God’s own sons. And since we are his sons, everything he has belongs to us, for that is the way God planned.

Forum List

Back