🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Faith & the death penalty

I really HATE to reveal personal information, but to hell with it, I was a teen mom. I thought long and hard about my options, and decided that I would not punish my unborn child for my own irresponsible behavior and that I made my bed, and now I should have to lie in it.

Wow! I know I wouldn't do that. I'd either have an abortion or have the baby. I could never have a baby and give it up. I can't believe any woman can do that.

You know how people adopt a puppy and then take it back? I get so mad at those people. I don't see how they can send the little thing back. So sad. So cute.

So, I can't imagine birthing a son or daughter and then giving it up.

But yet I would have no problem having an abortion. Weird huh?

Definitely weird, especially that you would post this. Does it make you feel better to judge other people?

Yes, apparently having an abortion is "better" to some, instead of giving the child a chance at a decent life. Well, IMO, this person sounds extremely self centered. Also, she or he is wrong anyways

Wow! I know I wouldn't do that. I'd either have an abortion or have the baby. I could never have a baby and give it up. I can't believe any woman can do that.

You know how people adopt a puppy and then take it back? I get so mad at those people. I don't see how they can send the little thing back. So sad. So cute.

Definitely weird, especially that you would post this. Does it make you feel better to judge other people?

Yes, apparently having an abortion is "better" to some, instead of giving the child a chance at a decent life. Well, IMO, this person sounds extremely self centered. Also, she or he is wrong anyways

You made the right decision, you should be proud of yourself, and not have to justify it to busybodies.

Perhaps, and I can't say I know what their motivations are, but adoption is always an option for women who don't wish to become a mother and something that is not talked about NEARLY enough.

Lets see Chris. I could either go get an abortion and remove the seed or I could carry a fucking baby for 9 months and squeeze it through my vajajay and then give it up for adoption. Come on Chris. Which one would you pick if you were 17 years old and have your whole life ahead of you and you don't want a baby.

I really HATE to reveal personal information, but to hell with it, I was a teen mom. I thought long and hard about my options, and decided that I would not punish my unborn child for my own irresponsible behavior and that I made my bed, and now I should have to lie in it.

One of my sisters had a child at 15 and did the same thing. She did the right thing for the circumstances. Her baby ended up in a truly loving family (a Mormon family). Fortunately, they were reunited many years later and maintain a relationship today. My sister had 5 other children over the years and they were happy to meet their half-sister. They, too, maintain an ongoing relationship.

Good for you ChrisL

Lets see Chris. I could either go get an abortion and remove the seed or I could carry a fucking baby for 9 months and squeeze it through my vajajay and then give it up for adoption. Come on Chris. Which one would you pick if you were 17 years old and have your whole life ahead of you and you don't want a baby.

One of my sisters had a child at 15 and did the same thing. She did the right thing for the circumstances. Her baby ended up in a truly loving family (a Mormon family). Fortunately, they were reunited many years later and maintain a relationship today. My sister had 5 other children over the years and they were happy to meet their half-sister. They, too, maintain an ongoing relationship.

Good for you ChrisL

Thank you, and I'm happy that your sister did decide on adoption instead of abortion. FYI, I think I wasn't clear enough in my post, in that I did not give my child up for adoption. :)

A lot of peoples' disapproval of the DP has absolutely nothing to do with religion too, but more due to the facts about the death penalty, the expense of the automatic appeals process, the amount of time it takes, and the fact that there is always the possibility that we could be killing an innocent person.

Also, there are many of us who feel that giving the state that kind of power over us, the people, is just wrong. They should not be able to decide upon live or death for us, and even if it is a jury who ultimately decides, the process is initiated by the prosecutor for the state.

And yet these same "non-religious" folks have no problem putting unborn babies to death (at someone else's expense). The double standards of the secular community will never cease to amaze. Let's keep a hardened criminal alive while killing an innocent baby. Makes sense to me --- not.

If you don't see the difference between having an abortion and killing a baby then you are just a fucking retard. :cuckoo:

the only difference is that the law lets you get away with one and not the other......

very weird......as someone who was able to have two wonderful children because a birth mother was willing to place them for adoption I applaud every young woman who made that choice....

Simple question

Are we beyond killing innocent people yet?

If so, then there is no real problem with the death penalty. We can chalk up all the innocent Americans who had their rights stripped and strapped to old sparky as collateral damage, right?

Killing the innocent is kind of up there on the moral scale. I think it is one of the top 10 things Jews and Christians are not suppose to do. But we are beyond good and evil now, right?

Simple question

Are we beyond killing innocent people yet?

If so, then there is no real problem with the death penalty. We can chalk up all the innocent Americans who had their rights stripped and strapped to old sparky as collateral damage, right?

Killing the innocent is kind of up there on the moral scale. I think it is one of the top 10 things Jews and Christians are not suppose to do. But we are beyond good and evil now, right?

But we are beyond good and evil now, right?

Arizona execution lasts nearly two hours; lawyer says Joseph Wood was ?gasping and struggling to breathe? - The Washington Post

The execution of a convicted murderer in Arizona lasted for nearly two hours on Wednesday, as witnesses said he gasped and snorted for much of that time before eventually dying.

Supreme Court Allows Arizona Execution to Proceed - ABC News

The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday allowed an Arizona execution to go forward amid a closely watched First Amendment fight over the secrecy surrounding lethal injection drugs in the country.

The court ruled in favor of Arizona officials in the case of Joseph Rudolph Wood, who was convicted of murder in the 1989 shooting deaths of his estranged girlfriend and her father. The state plans to execute him Wednesday.

The 9th Circuit gave new hope to death penalty opponents. While many death row inmates have made the same First Amendment argument as Wood, other appeals courts have shot them down. But the Supreme Court has not been receptive to the defense lawyers' latest arguments, ruling against them each time the transparency issue has come before the justices.

no doubt about the religious five, conservative Republicans on the Supreme Court and their vote to abandon vigilance for expedience to promote the politics of capital punishment.

the guilt of the criminal, supposedly is their saving grace.

typical for that type of governance and their demand to have it their way at any cost.

very weird......as someone who was able to have two wonderful children because a birth mother was willing to place them for adoption I applaud every young woman who made that choice....

As do i. It's a purely selfless choice.

really, have you flown lately from Charlotte NC to Houston TX ? -

not one forest to be seen, and she is not even going to raise what now the Garden must support ?

selfless indeed.

What a wonderful decision you made and how wonderful this decision was what led to your discovering that children are a gift from God. Not a mistake. Your story blessed me, Chris. Thank you. :smiliehug:

How kind! Thank you very much! :smiliehug:

A lot of peoples' disapproval of the DP has absolutely nothing to do with religion too, but more due to the facts about the death penalty, the expense of the automatic appeals process, the amount of time it takes, and the fact that there is always the possibility that we could be killing an innocent person.

Also, there are many of us who feel that giving the state that kind of power over us, the people, is just wrong. They should not be able to decide upon live or death for us, and even if it is a jury who ultimately decides, the process is initiated by the prosecutor for the state.

And yet these same "non-religious" folks have no problem putting unborn babies to death (at someone else's expense). The double standards of the secular community will never cease to amaze. Let's keep a hardened criminal alive while killing an innocent baby. Makes sense to me --- not.

If you don't see the difference between having an abortion and killing a baby then you are just a fucking retard. :cuckoo:

And I'm not religious and I would kill every lifer in prison. I would go around and warn them that if I find them to be violin criminals who are not sorry for what they did and working on being good people, one day I just show up at their cell and shoot them in the back of the head while they are sleeping.

Life is not so precious that a woman can't have an abortion if she wants one. If you don't want one, don't have one douch bag.

Ending a life is ending a life. Only a "retard" can't understand that simple fact. Any "human" who would burn an unborn baby's body with saline or crush its skull with forceps is a disciple of the devil.

really, have you flown lately from Charlotte NC to Houston TX ? -

not one forest to be seen, and she is not even going to raise what now the Garden must support ?

selfless indeed.

wait, you were too busy looking at the trees, right?.......

Perhaps, and I can't say I know what their motivations are, but adoption is always an option for women who don't wish to become a mother and something that is not talked about NEARLY enough.

I'm sure your child will be forever grateful to you. :)

Forum List

Back