...Fakery afoot in the land....

Chillicothe

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2021
DonT addressed a CPAC gathering and proclaimed that the January 6th attack on our legislators in the Capitol building was faked.

You know, I think America today is one of the most interesting places to live.
Of course there are any number of communities that offered a very comfortable relaxed welcoming ambience.
And, we have a national political vibe that is straight out of the satirical minds of The Onion, or Mad Magazine.
Humor abounds.

Now, as of yesterday, we have a former president, bounced out of office a few months back informing us that what we watched on the telly on January 6th was faked!

I love this bar. I love America.

"Donald Trump claimed during his Conservative Political Action Conference speech on Saturday that the Jan 6 riots at the US Capitol and the alleged 2020 right-wing militia scheme to kidnap Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmer were both “fake” government plots." .... Business Insider.

1659911543445.png

1659911464201.png

ps....I added that last pic about the cult...... because.....well, because I thought it was not inappropriate. And kinda funny.

DonT addressed a CPAC gathering and proclaimed that the January 6th attack on our legislators in the Capitol building was faked.

Of course there are any number of communities that offered a very comfortable relaxed welcoming ambience.
And, we have a national political vibe that is straight out of the satirical minds of The Onion, or Mad Magazine.
Humor abounds.

Now, as of yesterday, we have a former president, bounced out of office a few months back informing us that what we watched on the telly on January 6th was faked!

"Donald Trump claimed during his Conservative Political Action Conference speech on Saturday that the Jan 6 riots at the US Capitol and the alleged 2020 right-wing militia scheme to kidnap Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmer were both “fake” government plots." .... Business Insider.

View attachment 679097

View attachment 679096

ps....I added that last pic about the cult...... because.....well, because I thought it was not inappropriate. And kinda funny.
And he can get away with stuff like that. How? And why?

There are unintelligent minds and there are weak minds. He appeals to the latter.

Humor abounds. worshiping

View attachment 679097 wo

View attachment 679096

You're 100% right, Buckeye. The cult is going to completely destroy the satanist worshiping progressive liberal party.

There are unintelligent minds and there are weak minds. He appeals to the latter.

I know that, but.....but I suspect we are all gonna miss DonT when he leaves the scene. (OD'g on Big Macs?)
He's been a 7yr (probably longer, really) American cartoon figure.

The excesses have been maddening to some, inspiring to others, and great satirical humor to others.
He's a snark-magnet.

"January 6th was 'faked."

See? That's comedy gold....unless you were a uniformed officer who had the snot beat outta ya on the Capitol steps.

There will come a time, I am 100% convinced I think........ when folks will flee from the charge that they were Trumpers way back when.

Humor abounds.

View attachment 679097

View attachment 679096

Pelosi opened the doors.

Staying inside the velvet ropes...

There will come a time, I am 100% convinced I think........ when folks will flee from the charge that they were Trumpers way back when.
Well, I do hope you're right. At first I thought this might be a relatively short primal scream, an cathartic purge of the decades of building rage, mal-information, manipulation and paranoia fed by talk radio, then FOX, then the internet. But this rage was/is deeper and more intense than we knew.

Fingers crossed. I'm not sure how much more of this the country can take, literally.

Last edited:
At first I thought this might be a relatively short primal scream, an cathartic purge of the decades of building rage, mal-information, manipulation and paranoia fed by talk radio, then FOX, then the internet. But this rage was/is deeper and more intense than we knew.

Funny that you should mention this.
In this morning's WaPo there is an interesting Q&A with an expert of civil war. (after checking it, I see it is a re-print from a March piece.)
I ain't gonna autopsy it here.....but here is the link:

There may be a paywall...but sometimes you can get around those things by googling the subject. Sort of a backdoor way in. Doesn't always work....but I have had some success with publications I do not subscribe to.

Anyway, this piece sorta addresses your observations above.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"They are preparing for war’: An expert on civil wars discusses where political extremists are taking this country

Barbara F. Walter, 57, is a political science professor at the University of California at San Diego and the author of “How Civil Wars Start: And How to Stop Them,” which was released in January. She lives in San Diego with her husband.

Having studied civil wars all over the world, and the conditions that give rise to them, you argue in your book, somewhat chillingly, that the United States is coming dangerously close to those conditions. Can you explain that?

So we actually know a lot about civil wars — how they start, how long they last, why they’re so hard to resolve, how you end them. And we know a lot because since 1946, there have been over 200 major armed conflicts. And for the last 30 years, people have been collecting a lot of data, analyzing the data, looking at patterns. I’ve been one of those people."

"Pelosi opened the doors."

Spit it out Jim H.
What are you implying?
And what leads you to make this implication?

Did you watch any of the events as they occurred on that day? On January 6th?

( )

I noticed, and I suspect many others did too.....that entryways were being forced. Violently forced.
Several entryways (3 I believe has been reported) where officers retreated away in the face of surging attackers.
Yet, you seem to be implying that Speaker Pelosi opened the way?

Explain yourself.

I know that, but.....but I suspect we are all gonna miss DonT when he leaves the scene. (OD'g on Big Macs?)
He's been a 7yr (probably longer, really) American cartoon figure.

The excesses have been maddening to some, inspiring to others, and great satirical humor to others.
He's a snark-magnet.

"January 6th was 'faked."

See? That's comedy gold....unless you were a uniformed officer who had the snot beat outta ya on the Capitol steps.

Hey! look who it is, chills and his avatar out for a stroll after an evening of candlelight and televised academia...
...btw, did you know the line:
There will come a time, I am 100% convinced I think
literally means 'you believe that there will come a time when you are certain that you think'!...
...mea culpa? Freudian slip?... aahhhh pedantics, wadda ya gonna do?...
hey give everyone in chi-town [fred, willma, barney, betty, avatar] a shout out from me will ya? :abgg2q.jpg:

Last edited:
Ah yes, fake president; fake vaccines; fake inflation reduction bill; fake QE$$$; fake accusations against Kavanagh; fake witnesses of fakery; fake insurrection; fake AGW; and fake OUTRAGE every day from the demented avenger subverted demoralized zombies!
You people should be EMBARRASSED, but SELF-AWARENESS is not something you can comprehend.

Pathetic!!!!
:rolleyes:

Ah yes, fake president; fake vaccines; fake inflation reduction bill; fake QE$$$; fake accusations against Kavanagh; fake witnesses of fakery; fake insurrection; fake AGW; and fake OUTRAGE every day from the demented avenger subverted demoralized zombies!"

Do this poster SeaMajor: Explain yourself. Offer an articulate credible explanation of each of the bumper-sticker style grievances you mention above.

If you are unable to offer the forum a reasoned explanation then your effort above is merely a keyboard enema for you to air out your vague grievance-ridden unhappiness.

This forum is not responsible for you unhappiness, your failures, your grievances. If you legitimately have 'em......then give the forum a responsible and educated adult's explanation. Convince us. Persuade us. That you have legitimate beefs.

Do this poster SeaMajor: Explain yourself. Offer an articulate credible explanation of each of the bumper-sticker style grievances you mention above.

If you are unable to offer the forum a reasoned explanation then your effort above is merely a keyboard enema for you to air out your vague grievance-ridden unhappiness.

This forum is not responsible for you unhappiness, your failures, your grievances. If you legitimately have 'em......then give the forum a responsible and educated adult's explanation. Convince us. Persuade us. That you have legitimate beefs.
The Trump Russia collusion FAKERY was the REAL coup attempt.
Everything else from you demented avenger subverted demoralized zombies is PROJECTION!!!!
Fuck YOU very much!!!!! :finger3:

The Trump Russia collusion FAKERY was the REAL coup attempt.
Everything else from you demented avenger subverted demoralized zombies is PROJECTION!!!!
Fuck YOU very much!!!!! :finger3:

Well, here's the thing, good poster SeaMajor:
  • Trump's son, son-in-law, and campaign manager met with Russians for the intent to have them help the election. Even Steve Bannon called the meeting treasonous. And then any number of Trump acolytes and campaign members lied about their own Russian contacts. Why lie?

• And then our own intelligence agencies concluded: "WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. intelligence analysts have concluded that Russia intervened in the 2016 election to help President-elect Donald Trump win the White House, and not just to undermine confidence in the U.S. electoral system, a senior U.S. official said on Friday." Reuters 12-10-16

• And then our own Senate concluded: "The Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday reaffirmed its support for the U.S. intelligence community’s conclusion that the Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election with the goal of putting Donald Trump in the Oval Office.
    Tuesday’s bipartisan report, from a panel chaired by North Carolina Republican Richard Burr, undercuts Trump’s years of efforts to portray allegations of Kremlin assistance to his campaign as a “hoax,” driven by Democrats and a “deep state” embedded within the government bureaucracy."
    Politico 4/21/20
------------------------------------------------

At the end of the day, good poster SeaMajor, Russia's assist to Don Trump was real. You and other can call the charge of it....a 'Hoax'. So be it. It merely demonstrates your partisanship, and your failure to be as well informed as a responsible American citizen should be.

---------------------------------------

Lastly, let us address this comment by your avatar: "Fuck YOU very much!!!!! :finger3:

Why do you do that?
Why do so many TDS'rs.....you Trump's Duped & Snookered...... resort so often to crude profanity when you strive to make an argument?
What's up with that?
You do know, or you should know, that such comments as you express plays right into the cliche' that TDS'rs are America's undereducated, ill-educated ne'er-do-wells who fantasize that a gameshow host is their great white hope?

SeaMajor, to be totally honest with you....it is not a good look for you. It makes you look bad. It makes your upbringing look bad.
Do you want the forum to perceive you as undereducated? Badly parented as a kid? A ne'er-do-well? And unhappy grievance-ridden failure?

Of course you don't.
So why validate that perception?
You should be better than that.
Good luck in your future endeavors. Things can get better for you.

Well, here's the thing, good poster SeaMajor:
  • Trump's son, son-in-law, and campaign manager met with Russians for the intent to have them help the election. Even Steve Bannon called the meeting treasonous. And then any number of Trump acolytes and campaign members lied about their own Russian contacts. Why lie?

• And then our own intelligence agencies concluded: "WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. intelligence analysts have concluded that Russia intervened in the 2016 election to help President-elect Donald Trump win the White House, and not just to undermine confidence in the U.S. electoral system, a senior U.S. official said on Friday." Reuters 12-10-16

• And then our own Senate concluded: "The Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday reaffirmed its support for the U.S. intelligence community’s conclusion that the Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election with the goal of putting Donald Trump in the Oval Office.
    Tuesday’s bipartisan report, from a panel chaired by North Carolina Republican Richard Burr, undercuts Trump’s years of efforts to portray allegations of Kremlin assistance to his campaign as a “hoax,” driven by Democrats and a “deep state” embedded within the government bureaucracy."
    Politico 4/21/20
------------------------------------------------

At the end of the day, good poster SeaMajor, Russia's assist to Don Trump was real. You and other can call the charge of it....a 'Hoax'. So be it. It merely demonstrates your partisanship, and your failure to be as well informed as a responsible American citizen should be.

---------------------------------------

Lastly, let us address this comment by your avatar: "Fuck YOU very much!!!!! :finger3:

Why do you do that?
Why do so many TDS'rs.....you Trump's Duped & Snookered...... resort so often to crude profanity when you strive to make an argument?
What's up with that?
You do know, or you should know, that such comments as you express plays right into the cliche' that TDS'rs are America's undereducated, ill-educated ne'er-do-wells who fantasize that a gameshow host is their great white hope?

SeaMajor, to be totally honest with you....it is not a good look for you. It makes you look bad. It makes your upbringing look bad.
Do you want the forum to perceive you as undereducated? Badly parented as a kid? A ne'er-do-well? And unhappy grievance-ridden failure?

Of course you don't.
So why validate that perception?
You should be better than that.
Good luck in your future endeavors. Things can get better for you.
The "meeting" was a set up fishing expedition, Russian Facebook $ was NOTHING, and the Senate report also means NOTHING.

You've been lied to like the rest of us, but you're subverted demoralized brain is too contaminated to comprehend the deceit, or you are evil enough to go along with it.
Screw you, and the rest of your Marxist cohorts.
:eusa_hand:

Funny that you should mention this.
In this morning's WaPo there is an interesting Q&A with an expert of civil war. (after checking it, I see it is a re-print from a March piece.)
I ain't gonna autopsy it here.....but here is the link:

There may be a paywall...but sometimes you can get around those things by googling the subject. Sort of a backdoor way in. Doesn't always work....but I have had some success with publications I do not subscribe to.

Anyway, this piece sorta addresses your observations above.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"They are preparing for war’: An expert on civil wars discusses where political extremists are taking this country

Barbara F. Walter, 57, is a political science professor at the University of California at San Diego and the author of “How Civil Wars Start: And How to Stop Them,” which was released in January. She lives in San Diego with her husband.

Having studied civil wars all over the world, and the conditions that give rise to them, you argue in your book, somewhat chillingly, that the United States is coming dangerously close to those conditions. Can you explain that?

So we actually know a lot about civil wars — how they start, how long they last, why they’re so hard to resolve, how you end them. And we know a lot because since 1946, there have been over 200 major armed conflicts. And for the last 30 years, people have been collecting a lot of data, analyzing the data, looking at patterns. I’ve been one of those people."
Great article.
That’s when I started to follow the data. And then, watching what happened to the Republican Party really was the bigger surprise — that, wow, they’re doubling down on this almost white supremacist strategy. That’s a losing strategy in a democracy. So why would they do that? Okay, it’s worked for them since the ’60s and ’70s, but you can’t turn back demographics. And then I was like, Oh my gosh. The only way this is a winning strategy is if you begin to weaken the institutions; this is the pattern we see in other countries. And, as an American citizen I’m like, These two factors are emerging here, and people don’t know.
I've been saying the exact same thing, only difference is that I'm not all that worried about civil war. It's clear that a large enough portion of the Republican party, not a majority, but a decent enough amount want nothing to do with the wannabe violent pieces of shits in their midst. And, those wannabe violent pieces of shits are largely all cosplayers themselves. What we might get are handfuls of white wing terror acts but they have no real support for long term engagement.

Forum List

Back