Family dog shot in foot pursuit

• Banned
I would have said the same for the asshole that shot the family dog in front of the kids, when they were in the wrong apartment to begin with AND the kid asked permission to crate the dog.

This seems a little more "I can't judge, having never engaged in a foot pursuit."

On the other hand, - I love dogs. I know how much my heart hurt when I lost contact with mine.

It's a conundrum.

Deputy Lake Charles Police Chief Mark Kraus visited the family home to investigate what happened.

‘When the suspect left the gate open the owner's dog came out of that opening, saw the policeman running through his yard and approached the policeman,’ he said.

‘The policeman at that point, thought the dog was attacking him and he shot the dog.’ Kraus added that it was too soon to know whether the officer used his gun appropriately
Unless some other facts or witnesses come forward, nothing will happen to the Officer because he did nothing wrong.

If the Officer can articulate that he thought the dog was attacking him, then it's justified.

Animal lovers may not like it, but that's how it is.

Just a tragedy for Monkeys people.

Foot pursuit is balls to the wall and who knows what was going through the officers mind??

I've heard of dogs being shot for far less.

Just a shame for the owners and one lovely dog.

Forum List

Back