Family Kicked Off Flight After Daughter With Autism Deemed 'Disruptive'

Holy shit. Does every person here have to take a rigid stand on every fucking issue that gets introduced?

It's an unfortunate situation. What it is not is political. Shit.
So now you are telling other people what to talk about? Not everything you talk about on here is earth shatteringly important, or didn't you realize that?

Holy shit. Does every person here have to take a rigid stand on every fucking issue that gets introduced?

So now you are telling other people what to talk about? Not everything you talk about on here is earth shatteringly important, or didn't you realize that?

No. I'm asking people to not take sides on every issue and dig their heels in as though their lives depend on it. I'm EXACTLY saying that this issue is NOT earth shatteringly important. Maybe you should slow down.

Obama probably made this poor child autistic with his autism ray. Is there no low that man won't sink to?

I don't see everyone taking a rigid stand. I see a lot of compassion for the girl and an obligation to the passengers.
You must've missed where OldSchool decided I was pond scum after "liking" me all this time. Reminds me of a gal that used to post at my old board. The discussion was Rosey O'Donell and when I said I didn't much care for her, she decided I was pond scum too, and haughtily flaunted off the board after calling me (and others who said they didn't like Rosie either) names. Never ceases to amaze me how people DEMAND someone be exactly like them or kick them to the curb. Those same people are determined to insist the poor kid was just a kid, mom didn't do wrong and the big bad airlines have no compassion. People who do that are not worth the angst so its good to *see* them now rather than later.
Pfffffffffffffft. Stupidity.

And the irony is amazing of what comes out of peoples mouths. Do as I say..not as I do syndrome.

No. I'm asking people to not take sides on every issue and dig their heels in as though their lives depend on it. I'm EXACTLY saying that this issue is NOT earth shatteringly important. Maybe you should slow down.
You are in no position to tell people what to care about or talk about. Period. End of. The fact you think you are is very, very telling.

You are in no position to tell people what to care about or talk about. Period. End of. The fact you think you are is very, very telling.

I did no such thing. Eat shit.

And maybe you can tell me why?!
While our government(i understand that there are two words to describe that - "Double Standards") are trying to make lives of one part of our society better, they forget about other...
How long will we see such incompetence?!
An Oregon mom has filed a complaint against United Airlines after it removed her and family from a flight because it said her 15-year-old daughter, who has autism, had become "disruptive."
Family Kicked Off Flight After Daughter With Autism Deemed Disruptive - NBC News
The woman, Dr. Donna Beegle of Tigard, Oregon — a prominent advocate for anti-poverty programs who frequently consults with state and federal government agencies — was returning home with her family from a trip to Walt Disney World last week when her daughter Juliette became agitated because she was hungry during a layover in Houston, Beegle said.
It's a private issue, not a gubbermint issue.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

It's exactly what you did. You are rolling in your own shit :ahole-1:
Rein in that ego and grow up.

Try again. I never told anyone what to talk about. You aren't comprehending.

:bsflag:You are pathetic. Do I really have to go back and show everyone your post? Grow up. You are not in any position to tell other posters how to post, what to post and what to care about. More than 90% of what you post is no more important than what is in this thread. Get over yourself.

Last edited:
Have to keep in mind that people with severe autism and other 'out of control' disabilities may look like people, but strictly speaking they're not. A person has a functional frontal lobe which governs our actions in public. If you're so disabled you can't control yourself, then you're basicly a wild animal without a leash. If you wouldn't welcome a gorilla or bear on a plane because it might stomp around or attack people, why apply a different standard to a severely disabled human?

Don't let emotions overrule your common sense.
May you burn in hell.

You wouldn't know what common sense was if it smacked you in the face.

As my Mom has said, "You're the only one who always tells the truth."

If you wanna live in la-la land where everyone's equal and we change rules on the fly to suit an individual that's on you. I'm not willing to compromise safety and order because some poor unforunate can't control themselves.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I don't think trying to look at both sides of an issue is living in "lala land".
Most people cant deflate their travel companions and stuff them in an over head compartment like you probably can. :funnyface:

Its really hard to completely know unless you were there. After I thought about it, I decided to side with the airline...not because of the jacked up insults given here...but because the pilot had to think of safety first. There has been more than a few instances of out of control passengers in the news recently...so he just did what he thought best.

Honestly there's a couple adults on this board Id be leery to fly with. lol

Have to keep in mind that people with severe autism and other 'out of control' disabilities may look like people, but strictly speaking they're not. A person has a functional frontal lobe which governs our actions in public. If you're so disabled you can't control yourself, then you're basicly a wild animal without a leash. If you wouldn't welcome a gorilla or bear on a plane because it might stomp around or attack people, why apply a different standard to a severely disabled human?

Don't let emotions overrule your common sense.
May you burn in hell.

You wouldn't know what common sense was if it smacked you in the face.

As my Mom has said, "You're the only one who always tells the truth."

If you wanna live in la-la land where everyone's equal and we change rules on the fly to suit an individual that's on you. I'm not willing to compromise safety and order because some poor unforunate can't control themselves.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I don't think trying to look at both sides of an issue is living in "lala land".
Most people cant deflate their travel companions and stuff them in an over head compartment like you probably can. :funnyface:

Its really hard to completely know unless you were there. After I thought about it, I decided to side with the airline...not because of the jacked up insults given here...but because the pilot had to think of safety first. There has been more than a few instances of out of control passengers in the news recently...so he just did what he thought best.

Honestly there's a couple adults on this board Id be leery to fly with. lol

Haven't flown since long before 9/11. In light of 9/11 can't say I have plans to ever fly again. If it's connected by land, I'll drive, take a train, or otherwise work something out. But as a former security professional I understand security concerns all too well.

If someone made a plane's flight crew aware of their existence enough to divert and land, it was not a non-issue but a bloody big issue as airlines aren't exactly doing so well they can inconvenience a planefull of paing customers then incur the wrath of the press and public if an incident was really trivial.

If an airline ticket cost $1,000 how much of a premium would you be willing to pay for a guaranteed child-free flight?

I'm thinking only 5% for a daytime flight but somewhere between 10% and 15% on a red eye.

Thoughts?

:bsflag:You are pathetic. Do I really have to go back and show everyone your post? Grow up. You are not in any position to tell other posters how to post, what to post and what to care about. More than 90% of what you post is no more important than what is in this thread. Get over yourself.

You are a bit off, aren't you? Looks like you are used to being coddled. You misunderstood my intent and decided to play mommy. I don't need a mommy. You now refuse grasp what I said.

Best thing for you to do would be to find someone else to annoy.

The airline made the right decision. The mom couldn't control her child. No one could. End of.
The airline didn't make the decision: the pilot did.
The child was under control and never causeed a disturbance.

The mother stated the the could throw a "tantrum," she also stated that her child would "scratch" things. The mother was worried about her losing control, not the flight attendants.

Passengers said that unintelligible words were coming from her girl, and the flight attendants were working to keep her calm.

Once the pilot is aware of the situation, he has to react, his reaction was to make a landing in Salt Lake so the passenger could regroup.

The airline made the right decision. The mom couldn't control her child. No one could. End of.

The mother stated the the could throw a "tantrum," she also stated that her child would "scratch" things. The mother was worried about her losing control, not the flight attendants.
Right. But once the flght attendents gave the girl hot food, no tantrum and no scratching.

Passengers said that unintelligible words were coming from her girl, and the flight attendants were working to keep her calm.
That would be true for infants as well...should they all be kicked off? (I'm torn on that). But the point is she did stay calm.

Once the pilot is aware of the situation, he has to react, his reaction was to make a landing in Salt Lake so the passenger could regroup.
He didn't personally check the situation,. And the girl never caused an actual disturbance.

Hell if you land a plane because their might be a disturbance, then you could just ground every plane.

Right. But once the flght attendents gave the girl hot food, no tantrum and no scratching.

That would be true for infants as well...should they all be kicked off? (I'm torn on that). But the point is she did stay calm.

He didn't personally check the situation,. And the girl never caused an actual disturbance.

Hell if you land a plane because their might be a disturbance, then you could just ground every plane.

Sorry, the pilot takes the assessment from his crew, he flys the plane. The mother used key words the flight attendants alerted the pilot, the pilot made a quick decision to land the plane. From the time the disturbance was reported to landing was a half hour, that is usually the time a descent is started, so the pilot made a decision based on the words of the mother. Airlines take words very seriously. The pilot reacted. If I was on the flight, I would trust the pilots judgement over a mothers.

Forum List

Back