family sending all ten of their home-schooled children to college by the age of 12

Good for you! :clap2:

Thankfully they are now grown. When little we watched MASH and other similar shows.

Did you know that MASH is the favorite show of Mensans? It is. I know a lawyer in the SE US who has highest IQ - member of Mensa - his favorite show? MASH. His favorite actor? Alan Alda. You're in good company.

I want to make an offer here to anyone reading this thread who would like to get their child out of the public school system and feels they cannot afford it or don't have the education. You can send me an email here or private message - whatever and I will get you the information you need for your state to get going. There is also alot of networking with homeschoolers and you probably already have a group nearby that you just don't know about yet. I would be happy to help ANY child get out of the public school system. Email me ANYTIME. I will be most happy to help out. You will be pleasantly surprised as to how easy it is! - Jeri

Hawkeye was the best of the best on t.v. and I vote republican. How would you classify him? B.J., frank and charles were liberals of course. But what was Hawkeye?

That is a lot of anger for such a short paragraph

Yeah, funny that - a woman who takes issue with some Bible thumper telling her she's raising her children wrong.

You are. It's your choice how you raise your children. You'll answer to God at the end of your life for how you did. The bible says Children are a gift from God. Care for that gift as if your life depended upon it. Because it does. - Jeri

The greatest crisis going on in schools today is the bullying, the drug culture, the open homosexuality and lesbianism going on in there. It is abuse. I cannot tell you how frustrated I feel everytime I hear about another teen commiting suicide because he couldn't take another day of facing public school bullies! It is as if those parents have never even heard of the option of homeschooling! It is time to think outside of the school box and go with homeschooling! - Jeri

That's just bullshit. Oh and if you are home schooling your children, I hope you aren't their spelling teacher.

You just can't help but be incredibly insulting, can you? How dare you insinuate that children who aren't home schooled aren't being raised correctly, you sanctimonious bitch. And I don't recall God ever saying one fucking word about home schooling kids.

Putting kids in public schools is child abuse, so she is right. They aren't raised correctly. All the apologists for government schools participating in this thread are saying that home-schooled children aren't mentally well adjusted, so go fuck yourself.

The greatest crisis going on in schools today is the bullying, the drug culture, the open homosexuality and lesbianism going on in there. It is abuse. I cannot tell you how frustrated I feel everytime I hear about another teen commiting suicide because he couldn't take another day of facing public school bullies! It is as if those parents have never even heard of the option of homeschooling! It is time to think outside of the school box and go with homeschooling! - Jeri

I had a horrible experience in Jr. High school and high school. They were crawling with drug addicts and bullies. Teachers would watch kids getting beat up and do nothing about it. Lot's of them were utterly incompetent. I could teach a kid more in one hour than I learned in those schools in an entire semester. That's why those kids were able to go to college by age twelve. That shows how bad the government schools are.

That is a lot of anger for such a short paragraph

Yeah, funny that - a woman who takes issue with some Bible thumper telling her she's raising her children wrong.

You are. It's your choice how you raise your children. You'll answer to God at the end of your life for how you did. The bible says Children are a gift from God. Care for that gift as if your life depended upon it. Because it does. - Jeri

You can go kicks rocks. I'll bet your children hate your sorry ass.

Although I think that is great, that seems awful young, I hope they are allowed to be kids as well.

There's a certain maturity factor required in college and it seems the parents of these kids might be pushing them a little too hard.

I don't believe in god but that kind of hate is counter productive to any message you may have.

Although I think that is great, that seems awful young, I hope they are allowed to be kids as well.

There's a certain maturity factor required in college and it seems the parents of these kids might be pushing them a little too hard.

another poster just jealous of success. yup you dont get what this thread is about do you?

I don't believe in god but that kind of hate is counter productive to any message you may have.

I don't care. My children are honor students who are well adjusted, loving and kind. I don't need some sanctimonious crack pot on the internet telling me that I'm doing it wrong. In fact, she can pretty much shove it.

another poster just jealous of success. yup you dont get what this thread is about do you?

Bull..... Shit. I just find it disturbing that parents sometimes don't let their kids be children, and they try to live their lives through them.

Yes, and when they grow up they will be able to socialize with other christians.

What common life experiences did they have with others of their generation? Did they watch The Simpsons? Did they see the popular movies? What music did they listen to? What video games did they play? What clothes did they wear?

These are the life experiences that go to create popular culture. That is the culture of your generation.......your parents cannot give that to you

We don't approve of this popular culture you liberals have created. It has been proven to be total garbage. We are busy creating a new culture free of Bart, the I kissed a girl crowd, Hollywood smut films, heavy metal biackmasked with suicide messages & the rest. The results are in. Our children are better off for having never met Bart Simpson and the rest of these bad characters. Cartoon or otherwise.

It always amazes me when liberal parents complain about their children being rude to them, speaking back to them, disrespecting them publicly. If you ask them, did they watch Bart Simpson growing up? They will tell you of course! We gave them everything! ha! ha! You sure did! The fact is? You shouldn't have!

The secret is not in giving them everything but in giving them less and letting them use their imaginations instead to create fun, games outdoors, etc. Children do better with less not more. Look at the toyboxes overflowing. They won't even look at it. Give them an hour or two outside with a ball and glove and your attention. That is what they want and need. - Jeri

In it's day....Mozart was popular culture
Shakespeare was written for the masses
Jazz music was the music of savages

You have to allow each generation to establish their own popular culture. It is a common bond for a generation.

Years from now, your children will hear a joke relating to a character on the Simpsons, a popular movie....maybe a reference to a video game. They will sit here clueless as everyone else laughs

They may be smart.....but not that kind of smart

Kids will rebel and be attracted to people who their parents do not want them to listen to. There has to be some supervision and common sense, but it must be done from the side and cannot have anything to do with your taste or what you think is quality and trash. Once my wife was not sure if she wanted our daughter listening to a particular artist. I asked here if she wanted to be the parent who would not let her kid going to see Elvis or the Beatles. That was the end of that.

It sounds like you are a very bitter, angry woman. Very sad.

-Jeri

I do. Which is why I chose to answer as I have. I am well aware of the agenda here. If you read the thread you can see it backfired on them. Doubt they were expecting that to happen.

-Jeri

Hilarious. You insult me when all I did was point out that home schooling isn't for everyone and now you think I'm angry because I have taken umbrage with your words? You're a real piece of work, lady. You're doing a great job with that "Great Commission" thingy, too. I think I'm just about ready to see the error of my ways and convert. Or not. Now, go thump your Bible somewhere else and lay the fuck off of my kids and my parenting skills.

-Jeri

Hilarious. You insult me when all I did was point out that home schooling isn't for everyone and now you think I'm angry because I have taken umbrage with your words? You're a real piece of work, lady. You're doing a great job with that "Great Commission" thingy, too. I think I'm just about ready to see the error of my ways and convert. Or not. Now, go thump your Bible somewhere else and lay the fuck off of my kids and my parenting skills.

Hardly. I find nothing amusing about a grown woman - a mother no less- using the filthy language you've used here. Your behavior is reprehensible. You're a disgrace.

Your use of filthy language, attacks on the bible and christians, on the subject of this very thread - a success story on homeschooling - makes me wonder what your motive is.

I suspect you are a liberal hack - a liar and a troublemaker. I can hardly imagine what kind of hell life must be for your children. (thank God) They have my sympathy. Your behavior is hardly the example I'd want for any child.

- Jeremiah note *** Speaking truth is Calvary Love. Apparently its your first encounter with it.

Last edited:
Hardly. I find nothing amusing about a grown woman - a mother no less- using the filthy language you've used here. Your behavior is reprehensible. You're a disgrace.

I honestly don't give two fucks.

Your use of filthy language, attacks on the bible and christians, on the subject of this very thread - a success story on homeschooling - makes me wonder what your motive is.

I've not attacked the Bible, christians in general or even homeschooling. You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. I've only attacked you for attacking me.

I suspect you are a liberal hack - a liar and a troublemaker. I can hardly imagine what kind of hell life must be for your children. (thank God) They have my sympathy. Your behavior is hardly the example I'd want for any child.

My children adore me and I adore them. They don't want your fucking sympathy and they certainly don't need it.

- Jeremiah note *** Speaking truth is Calvary Love. Apparently its your first encounter with it.

Telling someone they are a shitty parent who will one day stand in judgment before God because they didn't home school their children is wrong. You have to be the least self aware person on the internet to not see how your words are completely and utterly offensive. It isn't Calvary love at all. It's you spouting off the shit your American Jesus would say.

Forum List

Back