family sending all ten of their home-schooled children to college by the age of 12

Liberals do understand that public schools suck and are getting worse....social promotion and other things are killing them......get rid of diversity training, social promotion.....anything to do with demographics and just teach kids the basics no sex ed, how to live with roomates and other bullshit., until then public schools will continue to suck....

What's the class size in this home school?

Size of your family. How many children do you have? If you have want to be part of a home school group you should stay with 5 children or less. You are looking for one on one instruction. That is tutoring and tutoring was the style of education for Kings. If it is good enough for Kings & Queens it is good enough for our children.
I would say our children are worth far more than all the Kings and Queens that have ever existed.
I'm not too sure where you find enough qualified teachers for the small class sizes you are mentioning.

It's called "home schooling." class size isn't nearly as important as the motives of the teacher. Government teachers just don't give a shit about their students.

My children are all grown adults. You obviously are not reading this thread thoroughly. Why am I not surprised? As to holding anyone to the fire concerning homeschooling? You are hardly qualified.

I'm not the one insulting people's parenting skills and telling them my God will judge them for how they choose to educate their children, now am I? All I'm saying is that you'd be a better champion for its cause if you could demonstrate you didn't commit so many spelling errors and if you didn't demonstrate that you don't understand the difference between "your" and "you're."

You need to understand that there are good quality public schools and that not everyone can home school their children. I cannot. I work full time and my children need supervision during the day. Again, for the third time, they attend a performing arts school which is academically stringent. They carry a full schedule of academic classes and have their performing arts classes (music and dance) on top of that. They love their school and would be very angry if they had to leave.

They have never had an issue with bullying or harassment. Now, much to your chagrin, I'm sure, they are exposed to homosexuals because that's part of the nature of being in the performing arts. It doesn't bother me and it doesn't bother them, so who are you to sit on your high horse and pass judgment on me and my kids? And again, what truth is it that you think you are telling me?

Your post is full of inaccuracies and flat out lies. I believe we've seen enough grandstanding here to last us awhile. Enough already, Bongo. The only individual here who has displayed reprehensible behavior is you. No one is coming to your defense if you'll notice. There is a reason for that. If I were a liberal I'd be pretending not to read this thread too! You have no idea how you come across. imo. - Jeri

Last edited:
What part of home schooling doesn't allow kids to be children?

Come on now. At 12 they may not have even hit puberty yet and now they are going to be surrounded by ADULTS not peers.

I get his point and it is valid. Having said that every child is different.

His point is not valid. There's nothing inherent in home-schooling that prevents kids from being children. Your complaint is with children advancing so fast, not with homeschooling, per se. The real problem is that public schools are so pathetic that they take 12 years to do something that home schoolers can do in 6 years.

I took his point to be about CHILDREN being sent off to college at such a young age. I did not see him making any derogatory statement about home schooling

Curriculum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is the problem.....

Traditional Points of View of Curriculum
In the early years of the 20th century, the traditional concepts held of the "curriculum is that it is a body of subjects or subject matter prepared by the teachers for the students to learn." It was synonymous to the "course of study" and "syllabus".
Robert M. Hutchins views curriculum as "permanent studies" where the rules of grammar, rhetoric and logic and mathematics for basic education are emphasized. Basic education should emphasize 3 Rs and college education should be grounded on liberal education. On the other hand, Arthur Bestor as an essentialist, believes that the mission of the school should be intellectual training, hence curriculum should focus on the fundamental intellectual disciplines of grammar, literature and writing. It should also include mathematics, science, history and foreign language.
This definition leads us to the view of Joseph Schwab that discipline is the sole source of curriculum. Thus in our education system, curriculum is divided into chunks of knowledge we call subject areas in basic education such as English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies and others. In college, discipline may include humanities, sciences, languages and many more. To Phenix, curriculum should consist entirely of knowledge which comes from various disciplines.
Thus curriculum can be viewed as a field of study. It is made up of its foundations (philosophical, historical, psychological, and social foundations); domains of knowledge as well as its research theories and principles. Curriculum is taken as scholarly and theoretical. It is concerned with broad historical, philosophical and social issues and academics.
Progressive Points of View of Curriculum
On the other hand, to a progressivist, a listing of school subjects, syllabi, course of study, and list of courses of specific discipline do not make a curriculum. These can only be called curriculum if the written materials are actualized by the learner. Broadly speaking, curriculum is defined as the total learning experiences of the individual. This definition is anchored on John Dewey's definition of experience and education. He believed that reflective thinking is a means that unifies curricular elements. Thought is not derived from action but tested by application.
Caswell and Campbell viewed curriculum as "all experiences children have under the guidance of teachers." This definition is shared by Smith, Stanley and shores when they defined "curriculum as a sequence of potential experiences set up in schools for the purpose of disciplining children and youth in group ways of thinking and acting."
Marsh and Willis on the other hand view curriculum as all the "experiences in the classroom which are planned and enacted by teacher, and also learned by the students

we are using the progressive version of teaching bs crap in classes...you cant teach life...teach subjects that matter and let people learn life on their own....

Come on now. At 12 they may not have even hit puberty yet and now they are going to be surrounded by ADULTS not peers.

His point is not valid. There's nothing inherent in home-schooling that prevents kids from being children. Your complaint is with children advancing so fast, not with homeschooling, per se. The real problem is that public schools are so pathetic that they take 12 years to do something that home schoolers can do in 6 years.

I took his point to be about CHILDREN being sent off to college at such a young age. I did not see him making any derogatory statement about home schooling

When all you have is a hammer, you tend to treat every thing else as a nail. He's not happy unless he's pissed off about something so he looks for reasons to be pissed.

Size of your family. How many children do you have? If you have want to be part of a home school group you should stay with 5 children or less. You are looking for one on one instruction. That is tutoring and tutoring was the style of education for Kings. If it is good enough for Kings & Queens it is good enough for our children.
I would say our children are worth far more than all the Kings and Queens that have ever existed.
I'm not too sure where you find enough qualified teachers for the small class sizes you are mentioning.

It's called "home schooling." class size isn't nearly as important as the motives of the teacher. Government teachers just don't give a shit about their students.

You are right, of course. You could have 10 children in a class if you can handle it. My comment is that I find 5 or less to be ideal. Others may do fine with more than five. It is up to the individual.

Maybe that depends on the government and the teachers?
You are actually coming very close to holding some of the same educational views as your favorite intellectual...

"(Question) You said that he promoted the idea that education is not to be viewed as something like filling a vessel with water, but rather assisting a flower to grow in its own way...

"CHOMSKY: That's an eighteenth century idea. I don't know if Russell knew about it or reinvented it, but you read that as standard in early Enlightenment literature.

"That's the image that was used... Humboldt, the founder of classical liberalism, his view was that education is a matter of laying out a string along which the child will develop, but in its own way.

"You may do some guiding. That's what serious education would be from kindergarten up through graduate school. You do get it in advanced science, because there's no other way to do it."

Education is Ignorance, by Noam Chomsky (Excerpted from Class Warfare)

Of course he made derogatory statements about home schooling. He said flat out that it prevents kids from being children. allowing kids to be children isn't part of the government school curriculum. Public schools are brutal institutions were kids are bullied and brainwashed. Destroying their students' values is the main purpose of the government school.

You are actually coming very close to holding some of the same educational views as your favorite intellectual...

"(Question) You said that he promoted the idea that education is not to be viewed as something like filling a vessel with water, but rather assisting a flower to grow in its own way...

"CHOMSKY: That's an eighteenth century idea. I don't know if Russell knew about it or reinvented it, but you read that as standard in early Enlightenment literature.

"That's the image that was used... Humboldt, the founder of classical liberalism, his view was that education is a matter of laying out a string along which the child will develop, but in its own way.

"You may do some guiding. That's what serious education would be from kindergarten up through graduate school. You do get it in advanced science, because there's no other way to do it."

We're talking about what goes on in public schools, not education. The two things are distinct.

Your post is full of inaccuracies and flat out lies. I believe we've seen enough grandstanding here to last us awhile. Enough already, Bongo. The only individual here who has displayed reprehensible behavior is you. No one is coming to your defense if you'll notice. There is a reason for that. If I were a liberal I'd be pretending not to read this thread too! You have no idea how you come across. imo. - Jeri

the only liar here is YOU. Here's my first post to you and your comeback about how people who don't home school their children are wrong. Shall I go retrieve the post where you told me that YOUR God was going to judge me because I didn't home school my children?

Don't be so insulting. How about you *gasp* let the parents decide what's best for their child or children. My kids would hate to be home schooled not the least of which reason is that they attend a performing arts school. Home schooling is definitely not for every child and one horror story about something that happened in an elementary school doesn't make them all bad (or does one shooting make all gun owners bad?)

And you can't tell me that all parents are equipped to teach their child Trigonometry or Physics - what about the parents who took Vocational skills in High School? Hell, I was an English major in college, but I seriously doubt I could help my kids diagram a sentence at this point in my life.

Is your sky blue? What planet are you living on? One horror story in an elementary school? You must be kidding me. The public schools in the usa are some of the most dangerous grounds you can walk onto in many parts of the country! Kids are being raped, murdered, bullied, commiting suicide at alarming rates. The public school system isn't even an option anymore. You need to wake up if you have children. Get them out of those public schools and invest some time in learning about home school program. Its cheaper to homeschool then attend public school anyhow. I'm offering some good advice to anyone here who has children. There are many single parents being assisted in getting their children into the homeschoolers program. Check into it. You may have in your group a mathematics genius. There is your math teacher. Your parents might be brilliant in history - bring them into the picture as well. Field trips, lectures - the sky is the limit - it can be as great an education as you are commited to giving them. It is up to you. Put the power back into your own hands and stop allowing the government to raise your children! Saul Alinsky is their role model! Wake up! - Jeri

And I don't need anyone to defend me. And my parents are dead, fool.

What part of home schooling doesn't allow kids to be children?

The real problem here is that some folks don't like that there is a new generation that undertand the constitution and will be able to defend it. This new generation of leaders have escaped the pitfalls of marxist indoctrination. That is their problem.

The real problem here is that some folks don't like that there is a new generation that undertand the constitution and will be able to defend it. This new generation of leaders have escaped the pitfalls of marxist indoctrination. That is their problem.

Yep, that's exactly the reason left-wingers hate home-schooling. They want every child subjected to their collectivist brainwashing, and that just isn't going to happen with home-schooling.

What's the class size in this home school?

There is all kinds of help available, George. The parents are the teachers. They can incorporate more teachers specializing in certain subjects. They can even form a group and work together. All it takes is a little effort to get organized. - Jeri

Yep, that's exactly the reason left-wingers hate home-schooling. They want every child subjected to their collectivist brainwashing, and that just isn't going to happen with home-schooling.

True. The government doesn't have control over your children if you opt out. That is why they are targeting homeschoolers in the news lately.

Sorry, but that's not obvious at all. The odds that 10 kids in the same family will all be gifted is indistinguishable from zero. What his case shows beyond all doubt is that homeschooling is better than public schooling.

I think it's great, but I don't think this proves that homeschooling is better than public schooling.

All it proves is that homeschooling is better than "Alabama" public schooling.

We're talking about what goes on in public schools, not education. The two things are distinct.
I think Chomsky would agree with some of that too...

"But most of the educational system is quite different. Mass education was designed to turn independent farmers into docile, passive tools of production.

"That was its primary purpose.

"And don't think people didn't know it. They knew it and they fought against it. There was a lot of resistance to mass education for exactly that reason.

"It was also understood by the elites.

"Emerson once said something about how we're educating them to keep them from our throats. If you don't educate them, what we call 'education,' they're going to take control -- 'they' being what Alexander Hamilton called the 'great beast,' namely the people."

BTW, who taught you to read?

Sorry, but that's not obvious at all. The odds that 10 kids in the same family will all be gifted is indistinguishable from zero. What his case shows beyond all doubt is that homeschooling is better than public schooling.

I think it's great, but I don't think this proves that homeschooling is better than public schooling.

Actually it doesn't prove that either.

Good on the kids though.

Alabama public schooling is only slightly worse than public schooling in the rest of the country, not 6 grade levels worse.

Alabama? Look up Florida and the latest scandals out of Georgia! It is a national problem. There is no comparison between public school & homeschool. It is night and day.

The sad thing is that many single parents don't realize this is a better solution for them. Better education for their children and less expensive. It is a win win situation.

Forum List

Back