family sending all ten of their home-schooled children to college by the age of 12

The greatest crisis going on in schools today is the bullying, the drug culture, the open homosexuality and lesbianism going on in there. It is abuse. I cannot tell you how frustrated I feel everytime I hear about another teen commiting suicide because he couldn't take another day of facing public school bullies! It is as if those parents have never even heard of the option of homeschooling! It is time to think outside of the school box and go with homeschooling! - Jeri

That's just bullshit. Oh and if you are home schooling your children, I hope you aren't their spelling teacher.

Lmao..... when a liberal can not debate on the net. they always try a come back that a poster can not spell or use grammer correctly. your a fool dude......

The greatest crisis going on in schools today is the bullying, the drug culture, the open homosexuality and lesbianism going on in there. It is abuse. I cannot tell you how frustrated I feel everytime I hear about another teen commiting suicide because he couldn't take another day of facing public school bullies! It is as if those parents have never even heard of the option of homeschooling! It is time to think outside of the school box and go with homeschooling! - Jeri

That's just bullshit. Oh and if you are home schooling your children, I hope you aren't their spelling teacher.

Lmao..... when a liberal can not debate on the net. they always try a come back that a poster can not spell or use grammer correctly. your a fool dude......

it's "you're"
and I'm sorry, but someone who teaches their children from home should know basic grammar and spelling and be called on it when they try and tell others how superior their children are to others because of that home schooling.

You know it is bad when they are grasping at a typo. :eusa_angel:

I never told anyone any such thing. You thought you had a door mat and you ran into a real christian instead. You're mistake. Not mine. I don't offend you. The truth offends you. That is what this is all about. Go back and read the thread again. You are out of line here, Mondobongo. - Jeri

I never told anyone any such thing. You thought you had a door mat and you ran into a real christian instead. You're mistake. Not mine. I don't offend you. The truth offends you. That is what this is all about. Go back and read the thread again. You are out of line here, Mondobongo. - Jeri

"Your"

And YOU go back and read the thread. I said home schooling isn't for everyone and you came at me with God condemning me for my actions for not home schooling my children and told me that I'm not doing what's best for them and that I'm raising them wrong, blah, blah, blah. At that point, I called you a sanctimonious bitch because you are. But, instead of realizing how insulting you were being, you've now decided to double down and rather than admit you are wrong, you are telling me it's the "truth" that offends me? What truth is that?

We don't approve of this popular culture you liberals have created. It has been proven to be total garbage. We are busy creating a new culture free of Bart, the I kissed a girl crowd, Hollywood smut films, heavy metal biackmasked with suicide messages & the rest. The results are in. Our children are better off for having never met Bart Simpson and the rest of these bad characters. Cartoon or otherwise.

It always amazes me when liberal parents complain about their children being rude to them, speaking back to them, disrespecting them publicly. If you ask them, did they watch Bart Simpson growing up? They will tell you of course! We gave them everything! ha! ha! You sure did! The fact is? You shouldn't have!

The secret is not in giving them everything but in giving them less and letting them use their imaginations instead to create fun, games outdoors, etc. Children do better with less not more. Look at the toyboxes overflowing. They won't even look at it. Give them an hour or two outside with a ball and glove and your attention. That is what they want and need. - Jeri

In it's day....Mozart was popular culture
Shakespeare was written for the masses
Jazz music was the music of savages

You have to allow each generation to establish their own popular culture. It is a common bond for a generation.

Years from now, your children will hear a joke relating to a character on the Simpsons, a popular movie....maybe a reference to a video game. They will sit here clueless as everyone else laughs

They may be smart.....but not that kind of smart

Kids will rebel and be attracted to people who their parents do not want them to listen to. There has to be some supervision and common sense, but it must be done from the side and cannot have anything to do with your taste or what you think is quality and trash. Once my wife was not sure if she wanted our daughter listening to a particular artist. I asked here if she wanted to be the parent who would not let her kid going to see Elvis or the Beatles. That was the end of that.

While I Agree with that, it depends on the age, and the artist....I mean some hip hop songs are pretty blunt about what' they're talking about and I wouldnt let my kids touch them.....thank god they never tried to listen to em(atleast when I was around).....but for the most part a song with a good double entendre like Pour Some Sugar on Me, I'm ok with.

it's "you're"
and I'm sorry, but someone who teaches their children from home should know basic grammar and spelling and be called on it when they try and tell others how superior their children are to others because of that home schooling.

Now she is the typo police. I love it! Ha! Ha! Pay attention, folks! This is how your liberals "debate" the issues! Incredible....

it's "you're"

Now she is the typo police. I love it! Ha! Ha! Pay attention, folks! This is how your liberals "debate" the issues! Incredible....

nah -this is how liberals hold the asses of the people who home school their children to the fire. Again, if you are their teacher, you'd best teach them the difference between "knowing your shit" and "knowing you're shit." Just sayin'

There's a certain maturity factor required in college and it seems the parents of these kids might be pushing them a little too hard.

another poster just jealous of success. yup you dont get what this thread is about do you?

Bull..... Shit. I just find it disturbing that parents sometimes don't let their kids be children, and they try to live their lives through them.

What part of home schooling doesn't allow kids to be children?

another poster just jealous of success. yup you dont get what this thread is about do you?

Bull..... Shit. I just find it disturbing that parents sometimes don't let their kids be children, and they try to live their lives through them.

Come on now. At 12 they may not have even hit puberty yet and now they are going to be surrounded by ADULTS not peers.

I get his point and it is valid. Having said that every child is different.

Putting kids in public schools is child abuse, so she is right. They aren't raised correctly. All the apologists for government schools participating in this thread are saying that home-schooled children aren't mentally well adjusted, so go fuck yourself.

I had a horrible experience in Jr. High school and high school. They were crawling with drug addicts and bullies. Teachers would watch kids getting beat up and do nothing about it. Lot's of them were utterly incompetent. I could teach a kid more in one hour than I learned in those schools in an entire semester. That's why those kids were able to go to college by age twelve. That shows how bad the government schools are.

It's true. You will actually spend less classroom time homeschooling then you would in public school. I'm sorry for your experience. I know I had the same experience growing up. So did my brother. He was held by knifepoint and robbed of his lunch money in the boys bathroom. The offender was given juvenile detention for a few weeks then released. Years later my brother owned a car dealership and the guy showed up there as a customer. He evened the score that day. I won't elaborate on that although he was not a christian at the time.

** There are more children robbed of their lunch money, tennis shoes, coats, then people realise. Alot of crime in public schools. It's out of control.

'We're just average folks': The family sending all ten of their home-schooled children to college by the age of 12

Mona Lisa and Kip Harding from Montgomery, Alabama, home-school all ten of their kids - six of whom started college by the age of 12
The remaining four children are ten and under and also aim to go to college early

By Margot Peppers

A mother who home-schools her ten children in Montgomery, Alabama, has opened up about how six of them began their college degrees by the age of 12.

Those of the Harding siblings who have already graduated from college have gone on to become a doctor, an architect, a spacecraft designer and a master's student. Another two - 12 and 14-years-old - are still finishing up their degrees.

But despite the Hardings' incredible achievements at such young ages, their parents - Mona Lisa and Kip - insist they are a family of 'average folks' who simply find and cultivate their children's passions early on.

Read more: The family sending all ten of their home-schooled children to college by the age of 12 | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That's pretty cool - but it doesn't mean that homeschooling is better than mainstream school. The kids were obviously gifted, taught by a gifted mother.

Sorry, but that's not obvious at all. The odds that 10 kids in the same family will all be gifted is indistinguishable from zero. What his case shows beyond all doubt is that homeschooling is better than public schooling.
What's the class size in this home school?

The Simpsons teaches children about satire......a valuable life skill

The Simpsons can be funny at times but not as funny as your assessment of their contribution to society. I see now why you lefties consider the comedy channel so politically important.

That sir, is quite a joke indeed

Comedy is a valuable life skill. It opens doors personally and socially. The Simpsons is a defining social comedy of the current generation. To "protect" your children from such an exceptional social satire is a shame
Good comedy stems from intelligence and language skills. Something home school kids have more of than government schooled kids.

it's "you're"

nah -this is how liberals hold the asses of the people who home school their children to the fire. Again, if you are their teacher, you'd best teach them the difference between "knowing your shit" and "knowing you're shit." Just sayin'

My children are all grown adults. You obviously are not reading this thread thoroughly. Why am I not surprised? As to holding anyone to the fire concerning homeschooling? You are hardly qualified.

That's pretty cool - but it doesn't mean that homeschooling is better than mainstream school. The kids were obviously gifted, taught by a gifted mother.

Sorry, but that's not obvious at all. The odds that 10 kids in the same family will all be gifted is indistinguishable from zero. What his case shows beyond all doubt is that homeschooling is better than public schooling.

Size of your family. How many children do you have? If you have want to be part of a home school group you should stay with 5 children or less. You are looking for one on one instruction. That is tutoring and tutoring was the style of education for Kings. If it is good enough for Kings & Queens it is good enough for our children.

My children are all grown adults. You obviously are not reading this thread thoroughly. Why am I not surprised? As to holding anyone to the fire concerning homeschooling? You are hardly qualified.

I'm not the one insulting people's parenting skills and telling them my God will judge them for how they choose to educate their children, now am I? All I'm saying is that you'd be a better champion for its cause if you could demonstrate you didn't commit so many spelling errors and if you didn't demonstrate that you don't understand the difference between "your" and "you're."

You need to understand that there are good quality public schools and that not everyone can home school their children. I cannot. I work full time and my children need supervision during the day. Again, for the third time, they attend a performing arts school which is academically stringent. They carry a full schedule of academic classes and have their performing arts classes (music and dance) on top of that. They love their school and would be very angry if they had to leave.

They have never had an issue with bullying or harassment. Now, much to your chagrin, I'm sure, they are exposed to homosexuals because that's part of the nature of being in the performing arts. It doesn't bother me and it doesn't bother them, so who are you to sit on your high horse and pass judgment on me and my kids? And again, what truth is it that you think you are telling me?

Come on now. At 12 they may not have even hit puberty yet and now they are going to be surrounded by ADULTS not peers.

I get his point and it is valid. Having said that every child is different.

His point is not valid. There's nothing inherent in home-schooling that prevents kids from being children. Your complaint is with children advancing so fast, not with homeschooling, per se. The real problem is that public schools are so pathetic that they take 12 years to do something that home schoolers can do in 6 years.

I'm not the one insulting people's parenting skills and telling them my God will judge them for how they choose to educate their children, now am I? All I'm saying is that you'd be a better champion for its cause if you could demonstrate you didn't commit so many spelling errors and if you didn't demonstrate that you don't understand the difference between "your" and "you're."

You need to understand that there are good quality public schools and that not everyone can home school their children. I cannot. I work full time and my children need supervision during the day. Again, for the third time, they attend a performing arts school which is academically stringent. They carry a full schedule of academic classes and have their performing arts classes (music and dance) on top of that. They love their school and would be very angry if they had to leave.

They have never had an issue with bullying or harassment. Now, much to your chagrin, I'm sure, they are exposed to homosexuals because that's part of the nature of being in the performing arts. It doesn't bother me and it doesn't bother them, so who are you to sit on your high horse and pass judgment on me and my kids? And again, what truth is it that you think you are telling me?

Are you finished grandstanding yet?

Size of your family. How many children do you have? If you have want to be part of a home school group you should stay with 5 children or less. You are looking for one on one instruction. That is tutoring and tutoring was the style of education for Kings. If it is good enough for Kings & Queens it is good enough for our children.
I would say our children are worth far more than all the Kings and Queens that have ever existed.
I'm not too sure where you find enough qualified teachers for the small class sizes you are mentioning.

Forum List

Back