Fantastic Businessman Trump Loses 55 Year Golf Event To Mexico

The PGA announced they are moving their tour event held at Miami's famed Trump National Doral course for the last 55 years to Mexico City. In 2013, the PGA announced a ten year extension to the Trump National Doral to be held through 2023, but when Cadillac, the sponsor did not renew sponsorship of the event, it was dropped.

Trump National Doral was unable to find a sponsor and criticized the move when Donald Trump said "he hopes they have good kidnapping insurance." Tour moves event from Trump Doral to Mexico

It had nothing to do with his ability as a businessman and everything to do with politics.

/THREAD
Yet it's ironic he could have kept the event in Miami per the contract terms but couldn't find a sponsor or sponsor it himself.
He could have not kept the tournament in Miami if the PGA Tour doesn't want to hold its event there. Trump cannot hold a sanctioned PGA Tour tournament on his own. Trump owns the venue, not the tournament.

The Byron Nelson Classic tournament in Dallas was played at Lakewood CC, Dallas CC, Brook Hollow CC, Preston Hollow, Glen Lake, Oak Cliff, Preston Trail, Cottonwood Valley, and Four Seasons at Las Colinas, and now TPC at Las Colinas. It will move to Trinity Forest Country Club in 2019.

The Byron Nelson tournament has had Hewlett Packard, Electronic Data Systems, and now AT&T as its title sponsors. The only thing that has not changed is that the PGA Tour holds a tournament with Byron Nelson's name attached. Somebody hosts it, and somebody sponsors it. The players will show up to play in a parking lot, if the money is right.

Donnie had a ten year contract. All he had to do was arrange sponsor ship or sponsor it himself. He did neither.
Not so. If the PGA Tour did not want to hold a tournament at his venue, it could not happen, regardless of what Trump wanted. He does not own the PGA Tour. He does not own the players.

The PGA Tour sets the rules and approves the sponsors. Without their approval, there is no tournament. You don't understand how golf tournaments are set up..

The PGA announced they are moving their tour event held at Miami's famed Trump National Doral course for the last 55 years to Mexico City. In 2013, the PGA announced a ten year extension to the Trump National Doral to be held through 2023, but when Cadillac, the sponsor did not renew sponsorship of the event, it was dropped.

Trump National Doral was unable to find a sponsor and criticized the move when Donald Trump said "he hopes they have good kidnapping insurance." Tour moves event from Trump Doral to Mexico

It had nothing to do with his ability as a businessman and everything to do with politics.

/THREAD
Yet it's ironic he could have kept the event in Miami per the contract terms but couldn't find a sponsor or sponsor it himself.
He could have not kept the tournament in Miami if the PGA Tour doesn't want to hold its event there. Trump cannot hold a sanctioned PGA Tour tournament on his own. Trump owns the venue, not the tournament.

The Byron Nelson Classic tournament in Dallas was played at Lakewood CC, Dallas CC, Brook Hollow CC, Preston Hollow, Glen Lake, Oak Cliff, Preston Trail, Cottonwood Valley, and Four Seasons at Las Colinas, and now TPC at Las Colinas. It will move to Trinity Forest Country Club in 2019.

The Byron Nelson tournament has had Hewlett Packard, Electronic Data Systems, and now AT&T as its title sponsors. The only thing that has not changed is that the PGA Tour holds a tournament with Byron Nelson's name attached. Somebody hosts it, and somebody sponsors it. The players will show up to play in a parking lot, if the money is right.

Donnie had a ten year contract. All he had to do was arrange sponsor ship or sponsor it himself. He did neither.
Not so. If the PGA Tour did not want to hold a tournament at his venue, it could not happen, regardless of what Trump wanted. He does not own the PGA Tour. He does not own the players.

The PGA Tour sets the rules and approves the sponsors. Without their approval, there is no tournament. You don't understand how golf tournaments are set up..

I'm sorry, he had a contract to hold the event until 2023. Donald Trump could have sponsored the event himself and the PGA would be hard pressed to say no. Golf is a large chunk of his business and his courses have a solid reputation.

/THREAD

I'm sorry, he had a contract to hold the event until 2023. Donald Trump could have sponsored the event himself and the PGA would be hard pressed to say no. Golf is a large chunk of his business and his courses have a solid reputation.
The PGA could have easily said no. It is politics. The sponsorship is the reason they used to back out. Who owns title sponsor Cadillac? Any connection between GM and the current administration?

Trump says "illegals" and Flopper hears "Mexicans". Speaks volumes.
“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Trump is not limiting his statement to illegal immigrants or to a few Mexicans. His implications are quite clear.

No, it was quite clear that he was talking about a SUBSET of Mexico's people.

That's what it means when you say that a nation is purposely sending people that have lots of problems.

Not a random or representative sample.
If he's talking about the Mexican people, he's saying they are rapist and bring drugs across the border even though very few actually do. Most Mexicans are not rapists and they don't bring drugs into the US. This is a perfect example of raciest behavior, inferring that the many are guilty of the bad behavior of a few. A person that infers that the bad behavior of a small part of a race or an ethnicity is representative of the whole group is a racist. Trump does this repeatedly with Hispanics, Muslims, and Blacks.

The PGA could have easily said no. It is politics. The sponsorship is the reason they used to back out. Who owns title sponsor Cadillac? Any connection between GM and the current administration?

The PGA would be hard pressed to say no if a good sponsor were to fill in. Trump couldn't find a sponsor at all which is laughable when we witnessed all the braggadocio over his many friends and CEO's. If you could prove a GM connection to the administration it would be worth the price of admission to watch. But you know that won't happen.

sponsors are and will continue pulling away from Donnie's MOUTH.

shit happens to shit-slinger's, and he is TOP GUN.
Businesses are nervous about identifying themselves with Trump. His hateful and racist rhetoric is creating a backlash among women, Hispanics and Muslims. Many organizations and businesses are choosing not to be identified with Trump.

HIs rhetoric is not racist or hateful.

And he will get the majority of the white vote.

Why aren't organizations worried about pissing them off?

His rhetoric is most definitely hateful and racist.

It is NOT common sense to restrict Muslim immigration. In fact it's harkens back to WWII when western counties refused to accept Jews who desperately tried to escape Germany. When asked how many Jews that Canada would take, the then Immigration Minister said "None is too many". Canadians are determined to do things differently this time.

Americans are in more danger from white guys with guns that they are from Muslims, but say the word "terrorist" and they freak. School shootings are the price you pay for the 2nd Amendment, but if one Muslim kills somebody, all Muslim immigration must stop. This isn't even logical, not to mention, it violates the Constitution.

He will NOT get the majority of the white vote. I have a lot of American friends, almost all of whom are white, and NONE of them will vote for Trump. Not one.

Organizations aren't worried about Trumps supporters because they don't want to offend the 60% who aren't voting for him.

And now, Trump, how unsurprising is this, is threatening to use his (imagined) presidency to retaliate against the PGA.

Now that's national leadership!.

Trump hits back at PGA with ominous warning: ‘If I become your president, this stuff is all going to stop’

This is probably why the GOP is going along with Trump. They figure if he does get elected, he'll probably get impeached within about a month. Then they can cut a deal with whoever was dumb enough to be his running mate.

The GOP is "going along" with him, because the voters gave the leadership no choice.

They try to impeach him after we elect him, they are likely to face another revolution.
The strongest Trump supporters today are going to be his biggest adversaries if he get's elected.

Pursuing American interests is not being a bully.

Being liked is less important than the interests of American citizens.

America First!

Who said it was? diplomacy is the art of dealing with people in a sensitive and effective way to get what you want out of a negotiation. Neither you nor Donald Trump has a clue about it.

Trump has decades of deal making experience.

His persuasion skills as amply demonstrated in this campaign, are excellent.

Your excuses for your partisan bile are running LOW.
Governments don't work like business. Trump's skills are evidently lacking since he couldn't keep his mouth shut and keep a multimillion event at his course.

1. I never claimed that governments work like businesses. My point about Trump's vast deal making experience stands.

2. Trump the candidate has vastly less leverage and power than Trump the President will/would have.

3. This is not a time for an American President to keep his mouth shut. We have been taken advantage of long enough. Time to look out for number ONE. America FIRST!
At this point I bring up the bankruptcies and detail the failed businesses. I'm sorry they are inescapable when discussing Trump's business dealings. I suggest that the man is not as good as he would like you to believe.

I agree that America should be number one. You won't get an argument from me there. How it is accomplished is the difference.

It's the nature of the successful business man that you win some and you lose some. The good ones win more than they lose and Trump has clearly done that. hitlery has never done anything that didn't screw over the middle class in some way. And she is the only POTUS candidate who's actions (or inaction as the case may be) led to the deaths of Americans.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Trump is not limiting his statement to illegal immigrants or to a few Mexicans. His implications are quite clear.

That's what it means when you say that a nation is purposely sending people that have lots of problems.

If he's talking about the Mexican people, he's saying they are rapist and bring drugs across the border even though very few actually do. Most Mexicans are not rapists and they don't bring drugs into the US. This is a perfect example of raciest behavior, inferring that the many are guilty of the bad behavior of a few. A person that infers that the bad behavior of a small part of a race or an ethnicity is representative of the whole group is a racist. Trump does this repeatedly with Hispanics, Muslims, and Blacks.
That this must be explained at all to most conservatives is both sad and telling.

/THREAD

Change PGA to China, Mexico, the EU, and then see how good Trump will be as president.

If he's willing to go gungho and be all arrogant, then he loses sponsors for the PGA, if he does the same as president, he'll lose what?

And now, Trump, how unsurprising is this, is threatening to use his (imagined) presidency to retaliate against the PGA.

Now that's national leadership!.

Trump hits back at PGA with ominous warning: ‘If I become your president, this stuff is all going to stop’

This is probably why the GOP is going along with Trump. They figure if he does get elected, he'll probably get impeached within about a month. Then they can cut a deal with whoever was dumb enough to be his running mate.

The GOP is "going along" with him, because the voters gave the leadership no choice.

They try to impeach him after we elect him, they are likely to face another revolution.
The strongest Trump supporters today are going to be his biggest adversaries if he get's elected.
Fortunately for them Trump won’t be elected.

Who said it was? diplomacy is the art of dealing with people in a sensitive and effective way to get what you want out of a negotiation. Neither you nor Donald Trump has a clue about it.

Trump has decades of deal making experience.

His persuasion skills as amply demonstrated in this campaign, are excellent.

Your excuses for your partisan bile are running LOW.
Governments don't work like business. Trump's skills are evidently lacking since he couldn't keep his mouth shut and keep a multimillion event at his course.

1. I never claimed that governments work like businesses. My point about Trump's vast deal making experience stands.

2. Trump the candidate has vastly less leverage and power than Trump the President will/would have.

3. This is not a time for an American President to keep his mouth shut. We have been taken advantage of long enough. Time to look out for number ONE. America FIRST!
At this point I bring up the bankruptcies and detail the failed businesses. I'm sorry they are inescapable when discussing Trump's business dealings. I suggest that the man is not as good as he would like you to believe.

I agree that America should be number one. You won't get an argument from me there. How it is accomplished is the difference.

It's the nature of the successful business man that you win some and you lose some. The good ones win more than they lose and Trump has clearly done that. hitlery has never done anything that didn't screw over the middle class in some way. And she is the only POTUS candidate who's actions (or inaction as the case may be) led to the deaths of Americans.
I'm not satisfied that Trump is what he says he is, no doubt he is very wealthy but I seriously doubt he is worth the $10 billion that he claims. I won't accaept his word until he releases his tax returns,

I say this because the number of gimmicky small business actions he has involved himself in for the last 25 years. The vodka, the game, the steak, and on and on. The problem I have is that these businesses are something a much less wealthy person would involve themselves in, not something that someone with the resources that Trump says he has.

There is the possibility I am wrong, but in 2002, Deutsche bank (and they should know) said Trump was worth $788 million, that's a far cry from what he stated and it is doubtful that amount grew by the factor of ten over the years especially since Trump hasn't been involved in anything major since 2005.

Whatever, I would just like to see something before he is elected and I think that's fair to ask for.

Well, he has warned you...you're going to get sick of winning...

Yeah................Carrier went to Mexico, his clothing line is made there, and now he's managed to piss off the PGA enough so that they sent their tournament to Mexico.

Hmmm.....................sounds like Charlie Sheen's definition of "winning".

No. What it sounds like is Carlos Slim has decided to buy the event. It will take someone like him to bankroll the event because the PGA would otherwise lose their asses by moving it to Mexico.

You have any links to prove Carlos Slim has decided to buy the event?

No, but it makes sense. Slim despises Trump, has waaaay more money than Trump thanks to the corruption in Mexico and the fact they can foist off their malcontents north to us dumb asses who accept them. The PGA will lose their ass at the tournament in Mexico. Golf isn't exactly a popular sport down there. There are over 24 million players here in the USA, and there are maybe 250,000 in Mexico.

So.............you don't have any evidence, but you say that it makes sense because of your conspiracy theory.

Thank you for showing us that you don't know shit, nor are you interested in facts, because you want to spin your own web of lies (that you call truth).

Of course we can't leave out the smear of a Federal Judge just this week. Every single incident and there are quite a few more, point to a man not ready for the job of president.
Nobody upsets libturds nearly as much. That's proof positive he is the right guy. If you aren't taking flak, you aren't hitting the target.

Well, he has warned you...you're going to get sick of winning...

Yeah................Carrier went to Mexico, his clothing line is made there, and now he's managed to piss off the PGA enough so that they sent their tournament to Mexico.

Hmmm.....................sounds like Charlie Sheen's definition of "winning".

No. What it sounds like is Carlos Slim has decided to buy the event. It will take someone like him to bankroll the event because the PGA would otherwise lose their asses by moving it to Mexico.

You have any links to prove Carlos Slim has decided to buy the event?

No, but it makes sense. Slim despises Trump, has waaaay more money than Trump thanks to the corruption in Mexico and the fact they can foist off their malcontents north to us dumb asses who accept them. The PGA will lose their ass at the tournament in Mexico. Golf isn't exactly a popular sport down there. There are over 24 million players here in the USA, and there are maybe 250,000 in Mexico.

So.............you don't have any evidence, but you say that it makes sense because of your conspiracy theory.

Thank you for showing us that you don't know shit, nor are you interested in facts, because you want to spin your own web of lies (that you call truth).
You need evidence that golf is much more popular in the US? What else do you require proven, gravity?

What's amazing is the joy the losers on the left feel for the few dollars Trump lost while ignoring the money lost to American workers & the US economy.

Could they be any less despicable?

The PGA doesn't want to be blighted by Trumpenfuhrer's racism. those American workers should pay attention... This is what Trump will do to the whole country,not just a golf course

From that right wing rag the Huffington Post citing that Right Wing Think Tank, Amnesty International.

80% Of Central American Women, Girls Are Raped Crossing Into The U.S.

"According to a stunning Fusion investigation, 80 percent of women and girls crossing into the U.S. by way of Mexico are raped during their journey. That’s up from a previous estimate of 60 percent, according to an Amnesty International report."

"Rape can be perpetrated by anyone along the way, including guides, fellow migrants, bandits or government officials, according to Fusion. Sometimes sex is used as a form of payment, when women and girls don’t have money to pay bribes.

The assaults are so common that many women and girls take contraceptives beforehand as preventative measures."

You are more concerned with being "fair" to the feelings of illegals, than you are with the safety of American girls and women.

Forum List

Back