Farewell Possums!Dame Edna retiring leaving a legacy of making people laugh out loud

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
One of my favorite comedians is about to retire after 50 years.

A special breed of comic who used dry wit instead of the coarse comedy too many so called comedians use today.

To give "her" a million gladiolas wouldn't be thank you enough for all the joy she's given myself and others over the years.

One of a kind.

DAME EDNA ON . . .

Her birth

I was born in Melbourne with a precious gift from Dame Nature. It was the ability to laugh at the misfortunes of others.

My mother was lying there, and in came Matron with a little bundle, and it was a lovely child, perfectly formed with purple hair.

My mother said: ‘What is it, what is it?’ and Matron said: ‘It’s a megastar’ — the first known use of the word.

The death of her husband

We made a wonderful monument to Norman. It’s a marble prostate. He suffered from a prostate murmur, and it got louder as he got older.

The neighbours would say: ‘Would you please tell your husband to keep his prostate down?’ And I’d tell them: ‘I’m sorry, there’s no volume control. There is a knob, but I’m not touching that.’

Saving the planet

I don’t go in for energy conservation. I burn up a huge amount. I have a massive carbon footprint, and the ozone layer above me is the thinnest in the world.

More gems at link:

Farewell, possums! As she heads into retirement, the caustic wit and wisdom of Dame Edna's 50 years as a housewife superstar | Mail Online

article-2511544-0065206B000004B0-573_306x450.jpg

article-2511544-1991A6C500000578-892_306x473.jpg

:lol:

Forum List

Back