Farmer Prevented from Selling His Crop Because He Supports Traditional Marriage

Don't try to dodge you fascist fuck. You get a hard on being an asshole to people over political disagreements.

This man did nothing to discriminate when selling his product, he got banned for his views.

Fuck off and Die you miserable sack of shit.
His business discriminates against gay people. Thus the metaphorical booting out of the metaphorical door.

Except it's illegal, he never refused to sell to anyone. The city will pay through the nose for this colossal blunder.

Dumb ass leftists

He refused services at his farm, per his facebook post:

This past fall our family farm stopped booking future wedding ceremonies at our orchard until we could devote the appropriate time to review our policies and how we respectfully communicate and express our beliefs. The Country Mill engages in expressing its purpose and beliefs through the operation of its business and it intentionally communicates messages that promote its owners’ beliefs and declines to communicate messages that violate those beliefs. The Country Mill family and its staff have and will continue to participate in hosting the ceremonies held at our orchard. It remains our deeply held religious belief that marriage is the union of one man and one woman and Country Mill has the First Amendment Right to express and act upon its beliefs. For this reason, Country Mill reserves the right to deny a request for services that would require it to communicate, engage in, or host expression that violates the owners’ sincerely held religious beliefs and conscience. Furthermore, it remains our religious belief that all people should be treated with respect and dignity regardless of their beliefs or background. We appreciate the tolerance offered to us specifically regarding our participation in hosting wedding ceremonies at our family farm.

So, at least get the idea that it's about first amendment rights, though the guy himself doesn't even seem to understand that.

According to the news he never refused service to anyone. Besides his farm isn't under city jurisdictional

Sue the shit out of the city, turn the screws....like the damn homos do to bakers ...then watch the leftists bawl when their own tactics are used

If you advertise that your business doesn't serve gays then you are discriminating against gays.

Sweet Jesus you're fucking dense. He NEVER refused service to anyone. The city has no case and has no business trying to dictate what he does on his farm.

Nope, it was because he stated he would not provide the same services to gay couples as heteros.

I went to a ford dealer, and they refused to treat me the same as their other customers. Just because I was driving a toyota. I ought to sue. ;)

Yes, you should sue and get laughed out of court because you don't understand public accommodation laws.
You do not understand the meaning of private property either but most fascist don't.

It's not okay. Thus the ordinance. Scumbag.

Don't try to dodge you fascist fuck. You get a hard on being an asshole to people over political disagreements.

This man did nothing to discriminate when selling his product, he got banned for his views.

His business discriminates against gay people. Thus the metaphorical booting out of the metaphorical door.

Except it's illegal, he never refused to sell to anyone. The city will pay through the nose for this colossal blunder.

Dumb ass leftists

This past fall our family farm stopped booking future wedding ceremonies at our orchard until we could devote the appropriate time to review our policies and how we respectfully communicate and express our beliefs. The Country Mill engages in expressing its purpose and beliefs through the operation of its business and it intentionally communicates messages that promote its owners’ beliefs and declines to communicate messages that violate those beliefs. The Country Mill family and its staff have and will continue to participate in hosting the ceremonies held at our orchard. It remains our deeply held religious belief that marriage is the union of one man and one woman and Country Mill has the First Amendment Right to express and act upon its beliefs. For this reason, Country Mill reserves the right to deny a request for services that would require it to communicate, engage in, or host expression that violates the owners’ sincerely held religious beliefs and conscience. Furthermore, it remains our religious belief that all people should be treated with respect and dignity regardless of their beliefs or background. We appreciate the tolerance offered to us specifically regarding our participation in hosting wedding ceremonies at our family farm.

So, at least get the idea that it's about first amendment rights, though the guy himself doesn't even seem to understand that.

But he's not refusing to marry anyone in East Lansing. He's not refusing to sell apples and cider in East Lansing to anyone.

His farm with the weddings is outside their jurisdiction.

I think that's something for the court case to take up.

It's not okay. Thus the ordinance. Scumbag.

Dumb ass leftists

According to the news he never refused service to anyone. Besides his farm isn't under city jurisdiction

Sue the shit out of the city, turn the screws....like the damn homos do to bakers ...then watch the leftists bawl when their own tactics are used

Capitalism doesn't work if people use their positions in business to vent their prejudices and intolerance.

Nope, it was because he stated he would not provide the same services to gay couples as heteros.

I went to a ford dealer, and they refused to treat me the same as their other customers. Just because I was driving a toyota. I ought to sue. ;)

Yes, you should sue and get laughed out of court because you don't understand public accommodation laws.
You do not understand the meaning of private property either but most fascist don't.

His farm is a business open to the public. He has to follow the law.

Dumb ass leftists

But he's not refusing to marry anyone in East Lansing. He's not refusing to sell apples and cider in East Lansing to anyone.

The city will lose badly...and should

Dumb ass leftists

According to the news he never refused service to anyone. Besides his farm isn't under city jurisdiction

Capitalism doesn't work if people use their positions in business to vent their prejudices and intolerance.

Good gawd...another dumb ass. He never refused service to anyone. Are you all this dense?

Dumb ass leftists

Honestly, I can't say who will win, but I know you want him to win because you don't like homosexuals and the law really has nothing to do with what you think.

His farm is privately owned property not public property. The market where he is/was selling his goods from his farming operation is public property and he never said gays were not welcome to buy his goods at a public operation.

His farm is privately owned property not public property. The market where he is/was selling his goods from his farming operation is public property and he never said gays were not welcome to buy his goods at a public operation.

Hence the city has no case. Thank you

Dumb ass leftists

Honestly, I can't say who will win, but I know you want him to win because you don't like homosexuals and the law really has nothing to do with what you think.

I'd want him to win because the city is wrong. My husband is an attorney and he said the city will lose.....BIGLY

He said his farm was not open for gay weddings, it's a business, his farm must meet any PA laws applicable to businesses.

If he doesn't want to worry about marrying gays (or jews or Muslims) then he should convert the portion of his farm for weddings into a church.

I'd want him to win because the city is wrong. My husband is an attorney and he said the city will lose.....BIGLY

Why do I care what your husband thinks? Is he up on East Lancing city ordinances or does he just throw out legal advice at the drop of a hat?

He said his farm was not open for gay weddings, it's a business, his farm must meet any PA laws applicable to businesses.

If he doesn't want to worry about marrying gays (or jews or Muslims) then he should convert the portion of his farm for weddings into a church.
His farm again is privately owned property, you don't get that. The city has no right to attempt to reach out and affect his selling his produce in a public venue from what was grown on his private property. If you f'ing queers want to sue him over his telling what he wouldn't accept in front of his family on his privately own property go for it but I dearly hope he counter sues and takes everyone behind this shit for everything they own.

His farm again is privately owned property, you don't get that. The city has no right to attempt to reach out and affect his selling his produce in a public venue from what was grown on his private property. If you f'ing queers want to sue him over his telling what he wouldn't accept in front of his family on his privately own property go for it but i dearly hope he counter sues and takes everyone behind this shit for everything they own.

His farm is privately owned, it's still a business and there are laws he has to follow. I'm sorry you don't like it but it's nothing new.

YOU MIGHT NOT BE INTERESTED IN THE GLEICHSCHALTUNG, BUT THE GLEICHSCHALTUNG IS INTERESTED IN YOU!

Jacques: Farmer gets boot for expressing his beliefs

he wasn't banned from the farmer's market for expressing his belief.

you have no idea what actually happened given the "source".

and neither Christianity, nor any other religion, require hatred.

but feel free to go to iran and practice sharia law.
"All it took to earn the government’s wrath was penning a social media post about his faith"

Time to shoot all fascists.

he has that right correct?

Forum List

Back