Farmer Prevented from Selling His Crop Because He Supports Traditional Marriage

All businesses and individuals should be required to make their political beliefs known. That way kicking demofarts out of the lunch counter should be not only legal but easy.

I went to a kosher deli, and they refused to sell me a ham and cheese sandwhich. Should I sue them?

YOU MIGHT NOT BE INTERESTED IN THE GLEICHSCHALTUNG, BUT THE GLEICHSCHALTUNG IS INTERESTED IN YOU!

Jacques: Farmer gets boot for expressing his beliefs

he wasn't banned from the farmer's market for expressing his belief.

you have no idea what actually happened given the "source".

and neither Christianity, nor any other religion, require hatred.

but feel free to go to iran and practice sharia law.
"All it took to earn the government’s wrath was penning a social media post about his faith"

Time to shoot all fascists.

Nope, it was because he stated he would not provide the same services to gay couples as heteros.
Like universities telling whites they can't go inside buildings?

Nope, it was because he stated he would not provide the same services to gay couples as heteros.

I went to a ford dealer, and they refused to treat me the same as their other customers. Just because I was driving a toyota. I ought to sue. ;)

This ranks right up there with Miss American contestants being required to make a statement condemning the president.

Awww, is this the new conspiracy?
Do try to keep up.

Miss America Contestants Asked to Condemn President Trump

When were they required to make statements condemning the president? And why should they ask questions about the leader of the free world?

I guess this is going to be the latest nutbag conspiracy, start a thread on it yet?

I went to a ford dealer, and they refused to treat me the same as their other customers. Just because I was driving a toyota. I ought to sue. ;)

Yes, you should sue and get laughed out of court because you don't understand public accommodation laws.

YOU MIGHT NOT BE INTERESTED IN THE GLEICHSCHALTUNG, BUT THE GLEICHSCHALTUNG IS INTERESTED IN YOU!

Jacques: Farmer gets boot for expressing his beliefs

he wasn't banned from the farmer's market for expressing his belief.

you have no idea what actually happened given the "source".

and neither Christianity, nor any other religion, require hatred.

but feel free to go to iran and practice sharia law.
"All it took to earn the government’s wrath was penning a social media post about his faith"

Time to shoot all fascists.

Like universities telling whites they can't go inside buildings?

I would think not being allowed into a building simply because of your race would be illegal.

Tough titties. The yokel can peddle his wares plenty of other places.

Discrimination is A-OK with you as long as you approve of it.

What a fucking scumbag you are.
It's not okay. Thus the ordinance. Scumbag.

Don't try to dodge you fascist fuck. You get a hard on being an asshole to people over political disagreements.

This man did nothing to discriminate when selling his product, he got banned for his views.

Fuck off and Die you miserable sack of shit.
His business discriminates against gay people. Thus the metaphorical booting out of the metaphorical door.

Except it's illegal, he never refused to sell to anyone. The city will pay through the nose for this colossal blunder.

Dumb ass leftists

The Regressives say "tough shit". You should know better than to express your opinion. You will not be tolerated. You will be punished. After all, this is America.
Of course you know this isn't about 'expressing your opinion', he clearly broke a city ordinance by discriminating against same sex couples. Take issue with that if you want to, but at least have a basic understanding of whats going on.
Nice to see those who have no problem with sanctuary cities become so concerned about laws 'n stuff.

Is this your way of realizing it's not a free speech issue? I guess 'non-partisans' are full of shit too.
Correct, it's a PC issue.

Right to the personal insults, huh? Good.

Personal insults? No, I'm just pointing out the dirty underbelly of your non-partisanship.

If you think people should be discriminated against based on sexual orientation, religion or even race then just embrace it. However, the guy isn't following the city ordnance and the city is taking action. Now there is a lawsuit and they will fight it out in the courts, why do you have a problem with any of that?
The law is the law, indeed.

And, as I said, Americans need to know that they'd damn well better watch what they say, and that they'll be punished if they're not careful.

See? We agree.

Yes, you should sue and get laughed out of court because you don't understand public accommodation laws.

I think disneyland discriminates against dwarfs and young children, because they insist you have to be "this tall" to go on the good rides. ;)

All businesses and individuals should be required to make their political beliefs known. That way kicking demofarts out of the lunch counter should be not only legal but easy.

I went to a kosher deli, and they refused to sell me a ham and cheese sandwhich. Should I sue them?
Were they selling ham and cheese sanmichs to others and just picked you for refusal? If they didn't sell those kinds of sandwiches to others you would have no case. The point is a business can not refuse normally provided products or service over discrimination as defined in the SCOTUS ruling on protected classes.

Tough titties. The yokel can peddle his wares plenty of other places.

Don't try to dodge you fascist fuck. You get a hard on being an asshole to people over political disagreements.

This man did nothing to discriminate when selling his product, he got banned for his views.

His business discriminates against gay people. Thus the metaphorical booting out of the metaphorical door.

Except it's illegal, he never refused to sell to anyone. The city will pay through the nose for this colossal blunder.

Dumb ass leftists

He refused services at his farm, per his facebook post:

This past fall our family farm stopped booking future wedding ceremonies at our orchard until we could devote the appropriate time to review our policies and how we respectfully communicate and express our beliefs. The Country Mill engages in expressing its purpose and beliefs through the operation of its business and it intentionally communicates messages that promote its owners’ beliefs and declines to communicate messages that violate those beliefs. The Country Mill family and its staff have and will continue to participate in hosting the ceremonies held at our orchard. It remains our deeply held religious belief that marriage is the union of one man and one woman and Country Mill has the First Amendment Right to express and act upon its beliefs. For this reason, Country Mill reserves the right to deny a request for services that would require it to communicate, engage in, or host expression that violates the owners’ sincerely held religious beliefs and conscience. Furthermore, it remains our religious belief that all people should be treated with respect and dignity regardless of their beliefs or background. We appreciate the tolerance offered to us specifically regarding our participation in hosting wedding ceremonies at our family farm.

So, at least get the idea that it's about first amendment rights, though the guy himself doesn't even seem to understand that.

Of course you know this isn't about 'expressing your opinion', he clearly broke a city ordinance by discriminating against same sex couples. Take issue with that if you want to, but at least have a basic understanding of whats going on.
Nice to see those who have no problem with sanctuary cities become so concerned about laws 'n stuff.

Is this your way of realizing it's not a free speech issue? I guess 'non-partisans' are full of shit too.

Personal insults? No, I'm just pointing out the dirty underbelly of your non-partisanship.

If you think people should be discriminated against based on sexual orientation, religion or even race then just embrace it. However, the guy isn't following the city ordnance and the city is taking action. Now there is a lawsuit and they will fight it out in the courts, why do you have a problem with any of that?

And, as I said, Americans need to know that they'd damn well better watch what they say, and that they'll be punished if they're not careful.

See? We agree.

Great, we agree the guy broke the city ordinance by not treating gay couples the same as hetero couples. Awesome.

See? We agree.
The "Bakers gay wedding cake" case will be heard in front of SCOTUS in the next couple of months, as early as October.

I don't think posting your opinion on Facebook equates to discrimination against somebody. If he refused to sell his produce to anybody based on any discriminatory factor then the city of East Lansing has standing for what they did. Otherwise, he's entitled to say whatever he wants to as any other citizen can do.

I don't think posting your opinion on Facebook equates to discrimination against somebody. If he refused to sell his produce to anybody based on any discriminatory factor then the city of East Lansing has standing for what they did. Otherwise, he's entitled to say whatever he wants to as any other citizen can do.

He stated in his facebook post that his farm was not open to gay couples for weddings. That's more than just stating an opinion.

Dumb ass leftists

This past fall our family farm stopped booking future wedding ceremonies at our orchard until we could devote the appropriate time to review our policies and how we respectfully communicate and express our beliefs. The Country Mill engages in expressing its purpose and beliefs through the operation of its business and it intentionally communicates messages that promote its owners’ beliefs and declines to communicate messages that violate those beliefs. The Country Mill family and its staff have and will continue to participate in hosting the ceremonies held at our orchard. It remains our deeply held religious belief that marriage is the union of one man and one woman and Country Mill has the First Amendment Right to express and act upon its beliefs. For this reason, Country Mill reserves the right to deny a request for services that would require it to communicate, engage in, or host expression that violates the owners’ sincerely held religious beliefs and conscience. Furthermore, it remains our religious belief that all people should be treated with respect and dignity regardless of their beliefs or background. We appreciate the tolerance offered to us specifically regarding our participation in hosting wedding ceremonies at our family farm.

So, at least get the idea that it's about first amendment rights, though the guy himself doesn't even seem to understand that.

According to the news he never refused service to anyone. Besides his farm isn't under city jurisdiction

Sue the shit out of the city, turn the screws....like the damn homos do to bakers ...then watch the leftists bawl when their own tactics are used

Dumb ass leftists

According to the news he never refused service to anyone. Besides his farm isn't under city jurisdictional

Sue the shit out of the city, turn the screws....like the damn homos do to bakers ...then watch the leftists bawl when their own tactics are used

If you advertise that your business doesn't serve gays then you are discriminating against gays.

Dumb ass leftists

But he's not refusing to marry anyone in East Lansing. He's not refusing to sell apples and cider in East Lansing to anyone.

His farm with the weddings is outside their jurisdiction.

Forum List

Back