🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle

Oh you'll pay. You'd be much better off keeping them employed and paying em a livable wage. We'll all benefit in the end.
And you're okay with higher prices on everything, and the poor unable to afford things they now can?

Min wage has increased many times. Show that has happened. Link?

There has never been any noticeable negative impact on the economy when the Minimum Wage has been raised. Greedy white Republican dude always cries 'Sky is Falling', but as usual, he's lying.
And if we bumped it this time to $8.50/hr, the sky wouldn't fall either. That's not what you want, though, and what you want would be catastrophic. Some 62% of the workers in this country make less than $20/hr. Raise the MW to $15/hr and every one of them would either get a big raise or demand one when all of a sudden they were making just a little over MW. Where's that money going to come from?

McDonalds Workers aren't asking anything of Government. Their fight is with their Employer. It has nothing to do with the Minimum Wage. You have no dog in the fight. It's between them and their Employer.
The OP asked you what the source of the funding for these artificial increases in pay.

And you're okay with higher prices on everything, and the poor unable to afford things they now can?

There has never been any noticeable negative impact on the economy when the Minimum Wage has been raised. Greedy white Republican dude always cries 'Sky is Falling', but as usual, he's lying.
And if we bumped it this time to $8.50/hr, the sky wouldn't fall either. That's not what you want, though, and what you want would be catastrophic. Some 62% of the workers in this country make less than $20/hr. Raise the MW to $15/hr and every one of them would either get a big raise or demand one when all of a sudden they were making just a little over MW. Where's that money going to come from?

McDonalds Workers aren't asking anything of Government. Their fight is with their Employer. It has nothing to do with the Minimum Wage. You have no dog in the fight. It's between them and their Employer.
It's more than that. Many people here are responding and are customers to fast food restaurants. Ask them if thy are willing to pay $15.00 for a small hamburger fries and drink. I think they will lose customers left and right. McDonalds is a favorite for people with three kids and two parents to feed on the way to a ball game.

It wouldn't come down to that for fast food places because of volume. They sell hundreds of hamburgers per hour, hundreds of fires and drinks, so the increased wages would be divided equally which wouldn't affect the price too much. However...........

What such an increase would do to your hardware store, your car washing place, your mom and pop shops, your drug store is an entirely different situation. It would empower big box stores even more since they sell a higher volume of merchandise than much smaller stores.

The OP asked you what the source of the funding for these artificial increases in pay.

'artificial' increases in pay? Funny stuff. No one forces you to eat at McDonalds. If you disagree with paying a fellow American a livable wage, eat at home. Simple as that.

It's more than that. Many people here are responding and are customers to fast food restaurants. Ask them if thy are willing to pay $15.00 for a small hamburger fries and drink. I think they will lose customers left and right. McDonalds is a favorite for people with three kids and two parents to feed on the way to a ball game.
Of course the individual restaurants, most of which are franchised, operating on razor thin margins, will either cut hours or work force or raise prices. The money has to come from somewhere

McDonalds Workers aren't demanding anything of Government. Their beef is with their Employer. It's up to them to work out an agreement. So all the greedy white Republican dudes can calm down. They don't have a dog in the fight. The world won't end because some workers get a few more bucks. I promise.

People voluntarily take these jobs. They aren't forced to take minimum wage jobs. Honor your commitment.If you want to make more, take a better paying job. Or work to get a promotion.

People voluntarily take these jobs. They aren't forced to take minimum wage jobs. Honor your commitment.If you want to make more, take a better paying job. Or work to get a promotion.

Or you greedy white Republican dudes could become decent people and pay a fellow American a livable wage. What do ya say??

Or you greedy white Republican dudes could become decent people and pay a fellow American a livable wage. What do ya say??

Or you could live within your means so that you can live on any wage

'artificial' increases in pay? Funny stuff. No one forces you to eat at McDonalds. If you disagree with paying a fellow American a livable wage, eat at home. Simple as that.
Yes..Artificial. As in violation of the marketplace.
And round we go....You keep insisting that low skill entry level work should be compensated as though it were a career choice. That type of work is referred to as entry level because that is what it is. You insist that wages are 'given'. Wrong . Wages are earned. Higher skill, means higher pay.
So you say no one forces anyone to eat fast food. That is correct. And that also applies to millions of people who would object to the higher prices and either cut back on fast food consumption or eliminate it altogether.
And you of course will attempt to convince others "they will get used to it an just pay up"....You'd be incorrect.
As you were previously told, unless you own a business, you do not have the right to demand business make you feel better.

Or you could live within your means so that you can live on any wage

:laugh:
What is it about personal financial responsibility that you find amusing?

Again, son, you had our chance and ran to your mommy. Now, you think acting brave will make up for that cowardice. You don't get another chance. When you failed to act, you proved you weren't worth dealing with. I can show proof of where you refused. With that proof, it's all I need to know you won't show.

Still talking while you run away, that is classic. You are a hero to all pathetic Internet tough guys. You are working on legendary loser status. Please continue.

Post #895 was your answer. It says you aren't going to take time out from work to do what I said you could do to prove your claim. In other words, YOU said "No" when offered the challenge. It's in black and white puss.

Yes and you said you have degrees and refuse to prove it puss. And now you are running away. Are you a democrat mocking republicans? No real person can be this stupid. You realize I'm just mocking you right?

I realize that you now make an excuse because you are scared.

You couldn't mock yourself puss. Keep flipping burgers.

Are you new to the Internet? It's like you don't know the Internet tough guy is the lowest form of life on a message board.
Yeah..So why do you keep insisting you are winning something?......

Yes..Artificial. As in violation of the marketplace.
And round we go....You keep insisting that low skill entry level work should be compensated as though it were a career choice. That type of work is referred to as entry level because that is what it is. You insist that wages are 'given'. Wrong . Wages are earned. Higher skill, means higher pay.
So you say no one forces anyone to eat fast food. That is correct. And that also applies to millions of people who would object to the higher prices and either cut back on fast food consumption or eliminate it altogether.
And you of course will attempt to convince others "they will get used to it an just pay up"....You'd be incorrect.
As you were previously told, unless you own a business, you do not have the right to demand business make you feel better.

If you hate the idea of a fellow American making a livable wage, don't eat at McDonalds. Eat somewhere where they treat their workers like shite. Enjoy your spit sandwich.

The manager hired and trained the person. Amazing you give no blame to the manager. Must be bad at hiring or training.

You said you have multiple degrees. Give verifiable proof. See how that works? You are really wasting time.
Typical union thug mentality. When the workers fuck up, the unionite blames management. That train has left the station.

However, let things go well and no mention of the management that was blamed when things were faulty is said. People like Brain say when things go poorly, the management didn't do it's job training. However, you will never get him to say when things go well the management did a good job in the same area.

When things go well it is the whole team. Management and workers are all doing well.

But, to you, when things go bad, it's only the management. Hypocrite. Keep flipping burgers.

Who does the hiring?
Hired...The definition of which is an agreement to perform certain tasks in return for a rate of pay offered by the employer.
The applicant is the party that claims to be in possession of the skills necessary to perform said tasks..
Pretty simple.

Post #895 was your answer. It says you aren't going to take time out from work to do what I said you could do to prove your claim. In other words, YOU said "No" when offered the challenge. It's in black and white puss.

Yes and you said you have degrees and refuse to prove it puss. And now you are running away. Are you a democrat mocking republicans? No real person can be this stupid. You realize I'm just mocking you right?

I realize that you now make an excuse because you are scared.

You couldn't mock yourself puss. Keep flipping burgers.

Are you new to the Internet? It's like you don't know the Internet tough guy is the lowest form of life on a message board.

Says the one that asked for an address like he was coming to do something. Yes you are the lowest form of life and are so internet or not. It's genetic.

That was the mocking idiot. That is still lost on you? Could you be any dumber?
Yeah..Ok ....Mr Room Temperature IQ

Let me ask you: do you overpay the people you hire?

When your car needs repair, do you get it repaired at the higher priced garage or the lower priced garage?

When you need your lawn cut, do you hire the company that will cut it at $75.00 per cut or the company that cuts it for $35.00 per cut?

If you need an electrician, do you hire the electrician that charges $75.00 per hour or the one that charges $35.00 per hour?

Well unless you can tell me you overpay all the people you hire, why would you expect employers to do the same?

When your car needs repair, do you get it repaired at the higher priced garage or the lower priced garage?

When you need your lawn cut, do you hire the company that will cut it at $75.00 per cut or the company that cuts it for $35.00 per cut?

If you need an electrician, do you hire the electrician that charges $75.00 per hour or the one that charges $35.00 per hour?

Well unless you can tell me you overpay all the people you hire, why would you expect employers to do the same.
I pay based on reputation which almost always costs me more.

Well unless you can tell me you overpay all the people you hire, why would you expect employers to do the same.

Okay, but what if you can get the exact same work done for less? Do you still hire the most expensive?

These people are being led by the nose showing they are not Reliable or smart enough to stand on their own two feet. and they want someone to pay them $15 bucks an hour for a job a monkey can be trained to do.

what a bunch of messed up people who we should no the UNIONS and the DNC are behind all this

A good time for Unions to make a big comeback in this country.

You don't have the numbers to increase union influence, and illegal fast food workers have no say regardless whether they unionize or not.
If the workers unionized and demanded higher wages the bosses would fire them and replace them with lower wage workers. Who would be happy for the job.
THey should fire these assholes and hire people who would be grateful for the chance to work and improve job skills.

In the future, when people enter a McDonald's or other fast food place, they will walk up to machines to order and there will be few people working in the restaurants.

People choose to take those starter jobs. Always sad when someone says they are relying on a minimum wage job to feed their family, but have to wonder why someone would claim to stay at a low paying job for ten years. I've seen fry cooks work their way through school and end up managing places for good wages.

The workers also qualify for welfare. Will they still qualify after a raise?

Okay, but what if you can get the exact same work done for less? Do you still hire the most expensive?

I kept my American Lawn guy for 20 years and he was the most expensive; he retired.
I'm incapable of stabbing reliable people in the back to save $200.00/year.
I have to know the plumber and electrician will show up and complete the job...I pay more.
Cleaning ladies don't steal...I pay more.
I pay to eliminate aggravation.
I'm not rich.

Forum List

Back