🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle

Yes every stock holder is an owner. Being an owner makes it their business. It's very simple really, why is it so hard for you to understand? I knew you were slow, but this is ridiculous.
How do you make it your business if you have no say in the matter? I don't get it.
Obviously. I'm sure there are many things you don't get. I guess you should to be on a political forum. You have no say in political decisions either.
What does 'you should to be on a political forum' mean in Brainsville? I do have a say in politics, we call it voting. That's why it's my business. If you have no vote you have to accept the cards that are dealt.
Then I guess you are the reason we have obamacare. Good job.
I didn't vote for the asshole.

That's right, you did not vote on obamacare. Congress voted on that and you aren't a congressman. I guess you don't bitch about it then right? You had no say in the matter.

How do you make it your business if you have no say in the matter? I don't get it.
Obviously. I'm sure there are many things you don't get. I guess you should to be on a political forum. You have no say in political decisions either.
What does 'you should to be on a political forum' mean in Brainsville? I do have a say in politics, we call it voting. That's why it's my business. If you have no vote you have to accept the cards that are dealt.
That's right, you did not vote on obamacare. Congress voted on that and you aren't a congressman. I guess you don't bitch about it then right? You had no say in the matter.
No Republican voted for it so no, I played no role in it. The rich got richer under obama too so don't blame me.

No Republican voted for it so no, I played no role in it. The rich got richer under obama too so don't blame me.

So by your own argument you can't bitch about it. You had no say in it.

Sure you can bitch about it. Nobody is forcing you to buy stocks in a company. With healthcare, you no longer have a choice thanks to Commie Care.

No, I said what I said, not what you think I said. I have an interest in myself and the country, I voted for those opposing ob care. I don't bitch about what corporations pay their employees because it's none of my business, even if some of the retirement fund in invested it it.

It's no small wonder you need government to put more food on the table.

No, I said what I said, not what you think I said. I have an interest in myself and the country, I voted for those opposing ob care. I don't bitch about what corporations pay their employees because it's none of my business, even if some of the retirement fund in invested it it.

It's no small wonder you need government to put more food on the table.

You didn't have a vote on obamacare. It's none of your business.

Dude. I was an assistant manager of a sports bar that had 20 plus employees. Part of my job was to analyze costs. Our goal was to keep labor at 30% or lower.
No other expense made up a larger percentage of doing business. Not even close.

As much as your opinion doesn't matter, link?
Link to what? A just told you how my employers business operated.
Link....Go shit in your hat.
Here ya go ..Ya fuckin moron....Managing the Big Three Bar Cost Centers: Labor, Food and Beverage | Nightclub & Bar
Common Food & Labor Cost Percentages
...Dude don't ever think you can come on here and challenge me to a test of facts. Contrary to you, a knee jerk whiny ass liberal who just types with no aforethought, I do my homework before I render an opinion.....

So get you ass back on the porch where you belong....

Your second link agrees with me. Thank you for the support. I also enjoyed laughing at your crazy rant.

Certain fast food restaurants can achieve labor cost as low as 25 percent, while table service restaurants are more likely to see labor in the 30 percent to 35 percent range. Food costs (including beverages) for the restaurant industry run typically from the 25 percent to 38 percent range, depending upon the style of restaurant and the mix of sales.

I'm gonna eat at restaurants that pay their Workers a livable wage. If McDonalds does the right thing and helps its Workers out, i might just give it a shot again. If we all do that, Employers might be encouraged to treat their Workers better.

And besides, you gotta watch those restaurants that treat their Workers like shite. You might end up with a nasty ole phlegmy spit sandwich.

Well, that's your own idiocy, then. I eat at the restaurant that gives me the food I was looking for. If I'm looking for quick, cheap food, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for it as though I was eating a nice meal at a good restaurant just because some dumbass slapping burgers on a bun thinks he should be able to support the kids he squeezed out without changing his life approach.

Well, that's why most feel you white Republican dudes are bad people. They've decided they're not gonna leave it up to you to decide these things. You just can't be trusted. You've allowed your hate & greed to consume you.

Eat and shop at Businesses you know treat their Workers well. Avoid the ones that don't. If we all start doing that, it will encourage Businesses to do better. Let's show our fellow Americans respect & compassion. They'll be better Workers and the nation will prosper. We'll all benefit.

Dude. I was an assistant manager of a sports bar that had 20 plus employees. Part of my job was to analyze costs. Our goal was to keep labor at 30% or lower.
No other expense made up a larger percentage of doing business. Not even close.

Here ya go ..Ya fuckin moron....Managing the Big Three Bar Cost Centers: Labor, Food and Beverage | Nightclub & Bar
...Dude don't ever think you can come on here and challenge me to a test of facts. Contrary to you, a knee jerk whiny ass liberal who just types with no aforethought, I do my homework before I render an opinion.....

Your second link agrees with me. Thank you for the support. I also enjoyed laughing at your crazy rant.

Certain fast food restaurants can achieve labor cost as low as 25 percent, while table service restaurants are more likely to see labor in the 30 percent to 35 percent range. Food costs (including beverages) for the restaurant industry run typically from the 25 percent to 38 percent range, depending upon the style of restaurant and the mix of sales.

I'm gonna eat at restaurants that pay their Workers a livable wage. If McDonalds does the right thing and helps its Workers out, i might just give it a shot again. If we all do that, Employers might be encouraged to treat their Workers better.

And besides, you gotta watch those restaurants that treat their Workers like shite. You might end up with a nasty ole phlegmy spit sandwich.
Oh bullshit...NO you're not. You won't change a think....At least until the restaurant raises their prices to make up for the additional cost.
Now, you can turn away and say "no they won't" three times or make these silly denials....The bottom line is the money HAS to come from somewhere.
Your side's failure to recognize that fact is your problem

Yup, and if the Minimum Wage is raised, the world will collapse. Look, less & less are buying into your fear mongering Chicken Little shite these days. We can treat our fellow Americans better. It can be done. The sky won't fall. I promise.

Well, that's your own idiocy, then. I eat at the restaurant that gives me the food I was looking for. If I'm looking for quick, cheap food, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for it as though I was eating a nice meal at a good restaurant just because some dumbass slapping burgers on a bun thinks he should be able to support the kids he squeezed out without changing his life approach.

Well, that's why most feel you white Republican dudes are bad people. They've decided they're not gonna leave it up to you to decide these things. You just can't be trusted. You've allowed your hate & greed to consume you.

Most feel white Republican dudes are bad people? That's not what the elections showed.

Most feel white Republican dudes are bad people? That's not what the elections showed.
Paulitician wants to blame white Republicans for the fact that he cannot hold a job more than 6 months. If he quit pissing in the fryer he might be more employable.

The problem is ceos keep giving themselves huge raises for bad performance. While they should be paid more than the average worker, they shouldn't continue to get huge increases while wages are stagnant for everyone else.
Let's just ask a gut check question here: Who sets wage and compensation levels for CEOs? This isnt a trick question or especially difficult. But if you cant answer it you have no seat at this conversation.

According to Brain, CEO's essentially determine their own raises and pay.

Yes they do. Who decides their pay?

Seriously? You seriously asked this where people could see it?

CEOs of public corporations get paid based on the recommendations of the board of directors. The pay package can include salary, bonus, stock options, and deferred compensation, along with use of the “company” jet to fly to the “company” villa in Tuscany or Aspen and a limo to drive you to an expense account lunch.

Who decides how much a CEO makes?

All snottiness about the lavish compensation aside, please note the highlighted words. And then understand that you just disqualified yourself from ever being anything but mocked, and shut your cakehole. You're an embarassment to bipeds.
Outrageous Executive Compensation: Corporate Boards, Not the Market, Are to Blame

Market data are a constantly escalating and flawed indicator of what executives should be paid. Few boards are willing to pay their executives below market. There are several reasons for this. Board members typically want to be looked upon positively by the CEO and other senior executives in order to get on and remain on corporate boards. A board member who argues for paying individuals below the market is not likely to be a respected or valued board member, at least in the eyes of the executive team of the company.

Some members of corporate boards have an even greater self-interest in making sure that the compensation of the CEO continues to go up, up, and up. They are the CEOs of other companies. You don’t have to be a compensation expert to realize that if you vote for one of your peers to have a higher salary, you are in effect voting for your own salary to go up, because it is based on what will be a higher market.
Ok...Hey genius....This is an OPINION piece.....Not news. No facts.
Who cares what board members get paid in stock options? It's no one's business. If the stock holders don't approve, they can vote their shares for a different direction....Conversely, your argument that board member pay is out of whack with labor wages is moot. For one has ZERO to do with the other.
And no, those whop own stock have entered into an agreement to allow the company ti use the investor's money in order to create a positive return on that investment. Save their ability to proxy vote their shares, stock holders have no other say in company operations.
If you don't like the way board members are compensated, dump the stock and buy elsewhere....
BTW, you own stocks? So you ARE a capitalist.....And a hypocrite.

Ceos actually get paid more for worse performance. That's ok though right?

The Highest-Paid CEOs Are The Worst Performers, New Study Says

Again, unless you're paying them, it's none of your business.

I own stocks in those companies so yes it is my business.
No. It isn't. Stock holders may only vote or sell their shares. There is no stock holder that has any say in day to day operations. For obvious reasons there is a wall of separation between the two. If you are unhappy, your only recourse is to sell your shares. Other than that, you are pissing into the wind.

They do? How many CEO's do you know well enough to know exactly what they do?

I'm OK with those doing the paying doing it the way they see fit. What I'm not OK with is people like you thinking it's your place to determine how much of someone else's money they should spend on what.
The issue is that idiots like "Brain" (what a misnomer!) dont understand what CEOs do. They know what Beyonce does. Or some other actor. So they're fine with them getting paid millions of dollars a year. Because they look at them and think "I could never do that."
But they dont know what CEOs do. So they think "how hard can that be?"
As usual the problem is ignorance.

If their outlook about a CEO's job being easy was true, anyone could do it. I wonder if he thinks a burger flipper at McDonalds could do the job of a CEO.

Why is it ok for ceos to keep getting raises for bad performance?

Because the raises are voluntarily given by the people who own the money.

You mean ceos give them to themswlves because they own the board.
Yes....They are the majority stock holders. They are taking all of the risk. Having that level of responsibility equates to having the power to make decisions.

Wages don't go up if people aren't qualified to do a job to the level the employer wants qualifications. A person may get hired but if they don't offer to the level the one hiring wants, they may still get hired but at a lower wage.

The best way to improve your wages is to offer something worth paying. In your mind, especially with the OP, wages should go up for no reason other than those wanting more demanding more.

So you don't know anything about supply and demand obviously. Go learn some economics.

Only in the world of politics could you hire a unqualified, inempt community organizer a position of leadership..

But Brian in the real world of the private sector you can not just hire a burger flipper to opperate a CNC say.just because you can not find anyone else.

Yes in the real world if you can't find a Cnc operator for the wages offered, you offer more. People see how much is offered and get the proper training. Right now wages are stagnant because there aren't lots of Cnc jobs going unfilled.

You keep chanting, "Wages are stagnant", like it's some talisman that excuses anything. We're talking about minimum wage, which is stagnant because those jobs aren't worth more, and because there's no shortage of people who can and will do them for what they pay right now. If someone is sitting around in one of those jobs much longer than they should, expecting it to someday become a well-paying career, that's HIS problem, not the employer's.

There are better jobs out there that don't have enough people to fill them, and they do pay better. Those people lagging in MW jobs could apply for them, if they bothered to become qualified for them. They don't, and that's not anyone's problem but theirs.

You make a lot of claims without backing them up, pretty much every post. Show there are good paying jobs waiting to be filled. Link?
ON numerous occasions, you've been provided links at the asking. It is not our concern if you elect to ignore the facts.
How many times must you get your ass kicked before you give up.
You are the mouthy little runt of the neighborhood who gets the shit beat out of them on a weekly basis and still cannot figure out why.

Ceos actually get paid more for worse performance. That's ok though right?

The Highest-Paid CEOs Are The Worst Performers, New Study Says

It's a free country. Buy stocks in a company that you approve of.

Since I own them it is my business.
Actually, one more time. You are incorrect. You do not have a say in daily operations. Your only recourse is to sell your shares.

Only in the world of politics could you hire a unqualified, inempt community organizer a position of leadership..

But Brian in the real world of the private sector you can not just hire a burger flipper to opperate a CNC say.just because you can not find anyone else.

Yes in the real world if you can't find a Cnc operator for the wages offered, you offer more. People see how much is offered and get the proper training. Right now wages are stagnant because there aren't lots of Cnc jobs going unfilled.

You keep chanting, "Wages are stagnant", like it's some talisman that excuses anything. We're talking about minimum wage, which is stagnant because those jobs aren't worth more, and because there's no shortage of people who can and will do them for what they pay right now. If someone is sitting around in one of those jobs much longer than they should, expecting it to someday become a well-paying career, that's HIS problem, not the employer's.

There are better jobs out there that don't have enough people to fill them, and they do pay better. Those people lagging in MW jobs could apply for them, if they bothered to become qualified for them. They don't, and that's not anyone's problem but theirs.

You make a lot of claims without backing them up, pretty much every post. Show there are good paying jobs waiting to be filled. Link?

Allow me:

6 industries that can’t find workers fast enough
By Catey Hill
Published: Dec 20, 2014 12:11 p.m. ET

6 industries that can’t find workers fast enough

Employers can't find enough skilled labor to fill jobs
Hundreds of thousands of U.S. high-tech factory jobs are not filled because employers can't find qualified people

Employers can't find enough skilled labor to fill jobs

ATA: ‘Driver Shortage’ Likely To Reach 48,000 By The End of The Year

OCT 7 • NEWS • 896 VIEWS • 14 COMMENTS ON ATA: ‘DRIVER SHORTAGE’ LIKELY TO REACH 48,000 BY THE END OF THE YEAR

ATA: ‘Driver Shortage’ Likely To Reach 48,000 By The End of The Year

By Catey Hill
Published: Dec 20, 2014 12:11 p.m. ET

Yes you keep going on about drivers. But what we already determined is that they are a bad area to go into. First you have to pay for training. Wages in trucking are going down, not up. Impossible for many with families. Very questionable safety....
My brother in law is a dedicated freight driver. His income exceeds $75k per year....
You are so full of shit. OTR and Regional drivers can make six figures. Independent O/O's twice that.
So what if a person has to pay for their training?. Have you a problem with funding one's own education? Or are you in the "free tuition" camp.....The one that lives in a fantasy world of "gimme my free shit"....

It's always funny to watch leftists try to use the same tactics that devastate their talking points, and fail miserably at them.

10 High-Paying In-Demand Jobs

Finding, Landing and Loving a Hard-to-Fill Job

On The Job Hunt: Unfilled Jobs Across America, Are You Qualified?

Fox news from 2011? Yes very relevant today.
Do you believe the problem has magically ended?
You are now arguing just to argue.
Shut up...

It's a free country. Buy stocks in a company that you approve of.

Since I own them it is my business.

Your comment made absolutely no sense to what I posted. So let's try this again: if you don't approve of the way a company which you have stock in hires, promotes, or pays their executives, it's a free country and you can move your money to a company that conducts themselves to your liking. The same holds true if you don't like the pay scale for their starting jobs.

But I do own them so it is my business. Thank you.
Insisting just to argue is irrational.

Elections with really poor turnout?

Forum List

Back