🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle

Let's just ask a gut check question here: Who sets wage and compensation levels for CEOs? This isnt a trick question or especially difficult. But if you cant answer it you have no seat at this conversation.

According to Brain, CEO's essentially determine their own raises and pay.

Yes they do. Who decides their pay?

Seriously? You seriously asked this where people could see it?

CEOs of public corporations get paid based on the recommendations of the board of directors. The pay package can include salary, bonus, stock options, and deferred compensation, along with use of the “company” jet to fly to the “company” villa in Tuscany or Aspen and a limo to drive you to an expense account lunch.

Who decides how much a CEO makes?

All snottiness about the lavish compensation aside, please note the highlighted words. And then understand that you just disqualified yourself from ever being anything but mocked, and shut your cakehole. You're an embarassment to bipeds.
Outrageous Executive Compensation: Corporate Boards, Not the Market, Are to Blame

Market data are a constantly escalating and flawed indicator of what executives should be paid. Few boards are willing to pay their executives below market. There are several reasons for this. Board members typically want to be looked upon positively by the CEO and other senior executives in order to get on and remain on corporate boards. A board member who argues for paying individuals below the market is not likely to be a respected or valued board member, at least in the eyes of the executive team of the company.

Some members of corporate boards have an even greater self-interest in making sure that the compensation of the CEO continues to go up, up, and up. They are the CEOs of other companies. You don’t have to be a compensation expert to realize that if you vote for one of your peers to have a higher salary, you are in effect voting for your own salary to go up, because it is based on what will be a higher market.
Ok...Hey genius....This is an OPINION piece.....Not news. No facts.
Who cares what board members get paid in stock options? It's no one's business. If the stock holders don't approve, they can vote their shares for a different direction....Conversely, your argument that board member pay is out of whack with labor wages is moot. For one has ZERO to do with the other.
And no, those whop own stock have entered into an agreement to allow the company ti use the investor's money in order to create a positive return on that investment. Save their ability to proxy vote their shares, stock holders have no other say in company operations.
If you don't like the way board members are compensated, dump the stock and buy elsewhere....
BTW, you own stocks? So you ARE a capitalist.....And a hypocrite.

Your silly rant changes nothing. I am an owner so it is my business. Yes of course I'm a capitalist.

Ceos actually get paid more for worse performance. That's ok though right?

The Highest-Paid CEOs Are The Worst Performers, New Study Says

Again, unless you're paying them, it's none of your business.

I own stocks in those companies so yes it is my business.
No. It isn't. Stock holders may only vote or sell their shares. There is no stock holder that has any say in day to day operations. For obvious reasons there is a wall of separation between the two. If you are unhappy, your only recourse is to sell your shares. Other than that, you are pissing into the wind.

Again, I am an owner. It is my business.

It's a free country. Buy stocks in a company that you approve of.

Since I own them it is my business.
Actually, one more time. You are incorrect. You do not have a say in daily operations. Your only recourse is to sell your shares.

But as long as i am an owner it is my business.

Arguments based on your own halfwitted delusions and unverifiable by anyone but your psychiatrists are useless.

I guess in your world owning stocks must seem unattainable.
non sequitur

Yes in the real world if you can't find a Cnc operator for the wages offered, you offer more. People see how much is offered and get the proper training. Right now wages are stagnant because there aren't lots of Cnc jobs going unfilled.

You keep chanting, "Wages are stagnant", like it's some talisman that excuses anything. We're talking about minimum wage, which is stagnant because those jobs aren't worth more, and because there's no shortage of people who can and will do them for what they pay right now. If someone is sitting around in one of those jobs much longer than they should, expecting it to someday become a well-paying career, that's HIS problem, not the employer's.

There are better jobs out there that don't have enough people to fill them, and they do pay better. Those people lagging in MW jobs could apply for them, if they bothered to become qualified for them. They don't, and that's not anyone's problem but theirs.

You make a lot of claims without backing them up, pretty much every post. Show there are good paying jobs waiting to be filled. Link?

It's always funny to watch leftists try to use the same tactics that devastate their talking points, and fail miserably at them.

10 High-Paying In-Demand Jobs

Finding, Landing and Loving a Hard-to-Fill Job

On The Job Hunt: Unfilled Jobs Across America, Are You Qualified?

Fox news from 2011? Yes very relevant today.
Do you believe the problem has magically ended?
You are now arguing just to argue.
Shut up...

Yes I believe there are fewer skilled jobs available now. You seem to have no clue what you are commenting on.

Your second link agrees with me. Thank you for the support. I also enjoyed laughing at your crazy rant.

Certain fast food restaurants can achieve labor cost as low as 25 percent, while table service restaurants are more likely to see labor in the 30 percent to 35 percent range. Food costs (including beverages) for the restaurant industry run typically from the 25 percent to 38 percent range, depending upon the style of restaurant and the mix of sales.

I'm gonna eat at restaurants that pay their Workers a livable wage. If McDonalds does the right thing and helps its Workers out, i might just give it a shot again. If we all do that, Employers might be encouraged to treat their Workers better.

And besides, you gotta watch those restaurants that treat their Workers like shite. You might end up with a nasty ole phlegmy spit sandwich.

Well, that's your own idiocy, then. I eat at the restaurant that gives me the food I was looking for. If I'm looking for quick, cheap food, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for it as though I was eating a nice meal at a good restaurant just because some dumbass slapping burgers on a bun thinks he should be able to support the kids he squeezed out without changing his life approach.

Well, that's why most feel you white Republican dudes are bad people. They've decided they're not gonna leave it up to you to decide these things. You just can't be trusted. You've allowed your hate & greed to consume you.

Most feel white Republican dudes are bad people? That's not what the elections showed.

Elections with really poor turnout?

It doesn't matter if the elections were 50,000 or 50 million. The point is what the majority thinks.

Yes in the real world if you can't find a Cnc operator for the wages offered, you offer more. People see how much is offered and get the proper training. Right now wages are stagnant because there aren't lots of Cnc jobs going unfilled.

You keep chanting, "Wages are stagnant", like it's some talisman that excuses anything. We're talking about minimum wage, which is stagnant because those jobs aren't worth more, and because there's no shortage of people who can and will do them for what they pay right now. If someone is sitting around in one of those jobs much longer than they should, expecting it to someday become a well-paying career, that's HIS problem, not the employer's.

There are better jobs out there that don't have enough people to fill them, and they do pay better. Those people lagging in MW jobs could apply for them, if they bothered to become qualified for them. They don't, and that's not anyone's problem but theirs.

You make a lot of claims without backing them up, pretty much every post. Show there are good paying jobs waiting to be filled. Link?

Allow me:

6 industries that can’t find workers fast enough
By Catey Hill
Published: Dec 20, 2014 12:11 p.m. ET

Employers can't find enough skilled labor to fill jobs
Hundreds of thousands of U.S. high-tech factory jobs are not filled because employers can't find qualified people

ATA: ‘Driver Shortage’ Likely To Reach 48,000 By The End of The Year

OCT 7 • NEWS • 896 VIEWS • 14 COMMENTS ON ATA: ‘DRIVER SHORTAGE’ LIKELY TO REACH 48,000 BY THE END OF THE YEAR

By Catey Hill

Yes you keep going on about drivers. But what we already determined is that they are a bad area to go into. First you have to pay for training. Wages in trucking are going down, not up. Impossible for many with families. Very questionable safety....
My brother in law is a dedicated freight driver. His income exceeds $75k per year....
You are so full of shit. OTR and Regional drivers can make six figures. Independent O/O's twice that.
So what if a person has to pay for their training?. Have you a problem with funding one's own education? Or are you in the "free tuition" camp.....The one that lives in a fantasy world of "gimme my free shit"....

Probably both. He's arguing with a professional truck driver about truck driving jobs based on some internet site. He thinks he knows more than me about my career than I do. I guess that explains why he thinks he knows it all about any subject.

No. It isn't. Stock holders may only vote or sell their shares. There is no stock holder that has any say in day to day operations. For obvious reasons there is a wall of separation between the two. If you are unhappy, your only recourse is to sell your shares. Other than that, you are pissing into the wind.

Stop insisting. You were told of your options. Those are the only ones you have. Period.
I am a stock holder myself. I am not deluded into believing that I have any say so in the operations of the firms. Apparently, you are living in this fantasy.
You do not have a say. You are in effect a silent partner. Google it....

It's always funny to watch leftists try to use the same tactics that devastate their talking points, and fail miserably at them.

Seeing only one link? Yes, very effective argument . . . just like "I own all the corporations, so I WIN!"

Well the first link was at least a couple years old and the middle link didn't have any evidence there are jobs out there. So all your links were weak.
There is no convincing a person of the facts when they deliberately turn a blind eye to those facts...
You can argue all day long. Your fail is you do not realize your arguing is pointless. You do not have command of the facts.

It's a free country. Buy stocks in a company that you approve of.

Your comment made absolutely no sense to what I posted. So let's try this again: if you don't approve of the way a company which you have stock in hires, promotes, or pays their executives, it's a free country and you can move your money to a company that conducts themselves to your liking. The same holds true if you don't like the pay scale for their starting jobs.

But I do own them so it is my business. Thank you.

Riiiiiight. "But I can claim something on the Internet, so that makes it true and I WIN!"

Epic fail. Discussion over. You lost.

Sorry, but if companies are going to sell so much stock then it is the business of owners like me. Your little none of your business claim is void. Thanks for playing, you lose.
That is where you are wrong. If a stock is sold, it must have a buyer. Even when a company buys back its own stock that is also a transfer of ownership.
The only concern of yours is the value of said stock. If you don't like it, your only option is to sell your shares. What part of that is difficult to understand.

I'm gonna eat at restaurants that pay their Workers a livable wage. If McDonalds does the right thing and helps its Workers out, i might just give it a shot again. If we all do that, Employers might be encouraged to treat their Workers better.

And besides, you gotta watch those restaurants that treat their Workers like shite. You might end up with a nasty ole phlegmy spit sandwich.

Well, that's your own idiocy, then. I eat at the restaurant that gives me the food I was looking for. If I'm looking for quick, cheap food, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for it as though I was eating a nice meal at a good restaurant just because some dumbass slapping burgers on a bun thinks he should be able to support the kids he squeezed out without changing his life approach.

Well, that's why most feel you white Republican dudes are bad people. They've decided they're not gonna leave it up to you to decide these things. You just can't be trusted. You've allowed your hate & greed to consume you.

Most feel white Republican dudes are bad people? That's not what the elections showed.

Elections with really poor turnout?

It doesn't matter if the elections were 50,000 or 50 million. The point is what the majority thinks.

Yes it does. Did a majority even vote?

Still insisting something not factual

Allow me:

By Catey Hill

Hundreds of thousands of U.S. high-tech factory jobs are not filled because employers can't find qualified people

OCT 7 • NEWS • 896 VIEWS • 14 COMMENTS ON ATA: ‘DRIVER SHORTAGE’ LIKELY TO REACH 48,000 BY THE END OF THE YEAR

By Catey Hill

Yes you keep going on about drivers. But what we already determined is that they are a bad area to go into. First you have to pay for training. Wages in trucking are going down, not up. Impossible for many with families. Very questionable safety....
My brother in law is a dedicated freight driver. His income exceeds $75k per year....
You are so full of shit. OTR and Regional drivers can make six figures. Independent O/O's twice that.
So what if a person has to pay for their training?. Have you a problem with funding one's own education? Or are you in the "free tuition" camp.....The one that lives in a fantasy world of "gimme my free shit"....

Probably both. He's arguing with a professional truck driver about truck driving jobs based on some internet site. He thinks he knows more than me about my career than I do. I guess that explains why he thinks he knows it all about any subject.

Yet you haven't denied what I have said about trucking.

Stop insisting. You were told of your options. Those are the only ones you have. Period.
I am a stock holder myself. I am not deluded into believing that I have any say so in the operations of the firms. Apparently, you are living in this fantasy.
You do not have a say. You are in effect a silent partner. Google it....

Seeing only one link? Yes, very effective argument . . . just like "I own all the corporations, so I WIN!"

Well the first link was at least a couple years old and the middle link didn't have any evidence there are jobs out there. So all your links were weak.
There is no convincing a person of the facts when they deliberately turn a blind eye to those facts...
You can argue all day long. Your fail is you do not realize your arguing is pointless. You do not have command of the facts.

I find your arguments quite pointless. Really just idiot rantings.

Still insisting something not factual

Sorry but owning a stock makes you an owner. Being an owner makes it your business. It is really quite simple.

Your comment made absolutely no sense to what I posted. So let's try this again: if you don't approve of the way a company which you have stock in hires, promotes, or pays their executives, it's a free country and you can move your money to a company that conducts themselves to your liking. The same holds true if you don't like the pay scale for their starting jobs.

You're really doing your best to not address the argument, aren't ya?

You know, you don't have to own any stocks at all. You can make other investments such as the commodities market or real estate. You can open up your own business or make small investments in private businesses not on the market.

It's all up to you. But don't come off with telling me that you own stock in companies that overpay CEO's and board members, but have no control over it.

I have a very diverse portfolio. And since I do own stock in these companies, it is my business. Thank you.

Heck many people on these boards with a retirement account probably own many of these companies. Your claim of none of your business is void for most everyone I would guess.

Of course it's my business. That's why I have a choice on where I invest my money. I won't invest in Walmart and then complain about how much the Walton's make or how much they pay their floor sweepers.

If there is something about an investment I don't like, I dump the investment and get another one to my liking. If you're invested in companies that you disapprove of, then I think it's time you get out of buying stocks because you don't know how to manage them.

Good for you.
Ya know what's amusing? You will keep an investment just to have something to bitch about.
You are the type who will stand inside of a burning house debating on how the fire was started. An idiot.

Riiiiiight. "But I can claim something on the Internet, so that makes it true and I WIN!"

Epic fail. Discussion over. You lost.

Sorry, but if companies are going to sell so much stock then it is the business of owners like me. Your little none of your business claim is void. Thanks for playing, you lose.
That is where you are wrong. If a stock is sold, it must have a buyer. Even when a company buys back its own stock that is also a transfer of ownership.
The only concern of yours is the value of said stock. If you don't like it, your only option is to sell your shares. What part of that is difficult to understand.

Yes the value of the stock is my business. I also have the option to bitch about the ceo and how much he is paid. I'm an owner after all.

Because the raises are voluntarily given by the people who own the money.

You mean ceos give them to themswlves because they own the board.

No, I don't mean anything of the sort, because unlike you, I don't say stupid shit.

Well to believe ceo pay has gone up the way it has just because of the market you'd have to be a moron. That seems to be the case with you.

Well, to believe that I'm responsible for the argument you want to oppose about markets when I never said a word about markets, you'd have to be a moron . . . which we all KNOW is the case with you.

What I said was, "CEO pay is decided by the people who are paying the money, so it's no one else's business." See if you can wrap both your functioning brain cells around the concept of "none of your business".

So even you know it is a rigged game. Well that is good. But it is the business of every share holder. So that is actually a whole lot of people for most companies. Thanks for playing, you lose again.
Just a minute. You invest in what you view as a rigged game?.....I once referred to you as having a room temperature IQ....I now see I was incorrect. Yours is lower.

You're really doing your best to not address the argument, aren't ya?

You know, you don't have to own any stocks at all. You can make other investments such as the commodities market or real estate. You can open up your own business or make small investments in private businesses not on the market.

It's all up to you. But don't come off with telling me that you own stock in companies that overpay CEO's and board members, but have no control over it.

I have a very diverse portfolio. And since I do own stock in these companies, it is my business. Thank you.

Heck many people on these boards with a retirement account probably own many of these companies. Your claim of none of your business is void for most everyone I would guess.

Of course it's my business. That's why I have a choice on where I invest my money. I won't invest in Walmart and then complain about how much the Walton's make or how much they pay their floor sweepers.

If there is something about an investment I don't like, I dump the investment and get another one to my liking. If you're invested in companies that you disapprove of, then I think it's time you get out of buying stocks because you don't know how to manage them.

Good for you.
Ya know what's amusing? You will keep an investment just to have something to bitch about.
You are the type who will stand inside of a burning house debating on how the fire was started. An idiot.

You are the idiot trying to claim its not my business when it obviously is.

Forum List

Back