Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle

You mean ceos give them to themswlves because they own the board.

No, I don't mean anything of the sort, because unlike you, I don't say stupid shit.

Well to believe ceo pay has gone up the way it has just because of the market you'd have to be a moron. That seems to be the case with you.

Well, to believe that I'm responsible for the argument you want to oppose about markets when I never said a word about markets, you'd have to be a moron . . . which we all KNOW is the case with you.

What I said was, "CEO pay is decided by the people who are paying the money, so it's no one else's business." See if you can wrap both your functioning brain cells around the concept of "none of your business".

So even you know it is a rigged game. Well that is good. But it is the business of every share holder. So that is actually a whole lot of people for most companies. Thanks for playing, you lose again.
Just a minute. You invest in what you view as a rigged game?.....I once referred to you as having a room temperature IQ....I now see I was incorrect. Yours is lower.

Your stupidity is cute.

Your comment made absolutely no sense to what I posted. So let's try this again: if you don't approve of the way a company which you have stock in hires, promotes, or pays their executives, it's a free country and you can move your money to a company that conducts themselves to your liking. The same holds true if you don't like the pay scale for their starting jobs.

But I do own them so it is my business. Thank you.

Riiiiiight. "But I can claim something on the Internet, so that makes it true and I WIN!"

Epic fail. Discussion over. You lost.

Sorry, but if companies are going to sell so much stock then it is the business of owners like me. Your little none of your business claim is void. Thanks for playing, you lose.
That is where you are wrong. If a stock is sold, it must have a buyer. Even when a company buys back its own stock that is also a transfer of ownership.
The only concern of yours is the value of said stock. If you don't like it, your only option is to sell your shares. What part of that is difficult to understand.

Yes the value of the stock is my business. I also have the option to bitch about the ceo and how much he is paid. I'm an owner after all.
Well, you can bitch and whine all you like. Guess what? Nobody cares what you think.
Tell ya what, Mr Portfolio..if you want to acquire the level of ownership in a company that gives you authority to make decisions, then I suggest you whip out your checkbook and call your broker. Otherwise, you are shouting at the darkness.

But I do own them so it is my business. Thank you.

Riiiiiight. "But I can claim something on the Internet, so that makes it true and I WIN!"

Epic fail. Discussion over. You lost.

Sorry, but if companies are going to sell so much stock then it is the business of owners like me. Your little none of your business claim is void. Thanks for playing, you lose.
That is where you are wrong. If a stock is sold, it must have a buyer. Even when a company buys back its own stock that is also a transfer of ownership.
The only concern of yours is the value of said stock. If you don't like it, your only option is to sell your shares. What part of that is difficult to understand.

Yes the value of the stock is my business. I also have the option to bitch about the ceo and how much he is paid. I'm an owner after all.
Well, you can bitch and whine all you like. Guess what? Nobody cares what you think.
Tell ya what, Mr Portfolio..if you want to acquire the level of ownership in a company that gives you authority to make decisions, then I suggest you whip out your checkbook and call your broker. Otherwise, you are shouting at the darkness.

For somebody who doesn't care you sure have posted a lot.

You make a lot of claims without backing them up, pretty much every post. Show there are good paying jobs waiting to be filled. Link?

Allow me:

6 industries that can’t find workers fast enough
By Catey Hill
Published: Dec 20, 2014 12:11 p.m. ET

Employers can't find enough skilled labor to fill jobs
Hundreds of thousands of U.S. high-tech factory jobs are not filled because employers can't find qualified people

ATA: ‘Driver Shortage’ Likely To Reach 48,000 By The End of The Year

OCT 7 • NEWS • 896 VIEWS • 14 COMMENTS ON ATA: ‘DRIVER SHORTAGE’ LIKELY TO REACH 48,000 BY THE END OF THE YEAR

By Catey Hill

Yes you keep going on about drivers. But what we already determined is that they are a bad area to go into. First you have to pay for training. Wages in trucking are going down, not up. Impossible for many with families. Very questionable safety....
My brother in law is a dedicated freight driver. His income exceeds $75k per year....
You are so full of shit. OTR and Regional drivers can make six figures. Independent O/O's twice that.
So what if a person has to pay for their training?. Have you a problem with funding one's own education? Or are you in the "free tuition" camp.....The one that lives in a fantasy world of "gimme my free shit"....

Probably both. He's arguing with a professional truck driver about truck driving jobs based on some internet site. He thinks he knows more than me about my career than I do. I guess that explains why he thinks he knows it all about any subject.

Yet you haven't denied what I have said about trucking.

Sure I have, repeatedly. I told you to go to CraigsList and check out the jobs for yourself. Call UPS, FedEx, Conway, ABF or a number of major operations and they will tell you what the pay is. They probably have it posted on their internet sites.

Local jobs pay anywhere from $16.00 per hour up to $25.00 per hour plus overtime and benefits. Company over the road drivers are in the $40,000 range and owner operators are in the $110,000 per year range. Some companies will even finance the loan on your truck should you wish to buy one.

Allow me:

By Catey Hill

Hundreds of thousands of U.S. high-tech factory jobs are not filled because employers can't find qualified people

OCT 7 • NEWS • 896 VIEWS • 14 COMMENTS ON ATA: ‘DRIVER SHORTAGE’ LIKELY TO REACH 48,000 BY THE END OF THE YEAR

By Catey Hill

Yes you keep going on about drivers. But what we already determined is that they are a bad area to go into. First you have to pay for training. Wages in trucking are going down, not up. Impossible for many with families. Very questionable safety....
My brother in law is a dedicated freight driver. His income exceeds $75k per year....
You are so full of shit. OTR and Regional drivers can make six figures. Independent O/O's twice that.
So what if a person has to pay for their training?. Have you a problem with funding one's own education? Or are you in the "free tuition" camp.....The one that lives in a fantasy world of "gimme my free shit"....

Probably both. He's arguing with a professional truck driver about truck driving jobs based on some internet site. He thinks he knows more than me about my career than I do. I guess that explains why he thinks he knows it all about any subject.

Yet you haven't denied what I have said about trucking.

Sure I have, repeatedly. I told you to go to CraigsList and check out the jobs for yourself. Call UPS, FedEx, Conway, ABF or a number of major operations and they will tell you what the pay is. They probably have it posted on their internet sites.

Local jobs pay anywhere from $16.00 per hour up to $25.00 per hour plus overtime and benefits. Company over the road drivers are in the $40,000 range and owner operators are in the $110,000 per year range. Some companies will even finance the loan on your truck should you wish to buy one.

Those aren't the the things Ive been saying. Try again.

You're really doing your best to not address the argument, aren't ya?

You know, you don't have to own any stocks at all. You can make other investments such as the commodities market or real estate. You can open up your own business or make small investments in private businesses not on the market.

It's all up to you. But don't come off with telling me that you own stock in companies that overpay CEO's and board members, but have no control over it.

I have a very diverse portfolio. And since I do own stock in these companies, it is my business. Thank you.

Heck many people on these boards with a retirement account probably own many of these companies. Your claim of none of your business is void for most everyone I would guess.

Of course it's my business. That's why I have a choice on where I invest my money. I won't invest in Walmart and then complain about how much the Walton's make or how much they pay their floor sweepers.

If there is something about an investment I don't like, I dump the investment and get another one to my liking. If you're invested in companies that you disapprove of, then I think it's time you get out of buying stocks because you don't know how to manage them.

Good for you.
Ya know what's amusing? You will keep an investment just to have something to bitch about.
You are the type who will stand inside of a burning house debating on how the fire was started. An idiot.

You are the idiot trying to claim its not my business when it obviously is.
Aside from your rant that daily operations are your business, explain why you believe this. Then explain HOW it is you are intricately involved in the business of daily opps.
Because most of us have figured out that you are so pissed off over being told the facts, that you have no alternative than to double down on your incorrect belief.

If you are a voting member you can vote but you don't get to call the shots. If you are dissatisfied you can sell your stock, that's how it works, assuming it's public.
That's great. But as long as I do own stock it is my business.
So exactly what is the problem then? If they fail to pay $15/hr. you take your money elsewhere.
Never going to happen. Brain has but one goal here. To make sure he has something about which to complain. Libs are out of balance if they are not bitching about something. It is why they need to have causes.

If you are a voting member you can vote but you don't get to call the shots. If you are dissatisfied you can sell your stock, that's how it works, assuming it's public.
That's great. But as long as I do own stock it is my business.
So exactly what is the problem then? If they fail to pay $15/hr. you take your money elsewhere.

As long as I own stock it is my business. Thanks.
That's not what you were asked.

I have a very diverse portfolio. And since I do own stock in these companies, it is my business. Thank you.

Heck many people on these boards with a retirement account probably own many of these companies. Your claim of none of your business is void for most everyone I would guess.

Of course it's my business. That's why I have a choice on where I invest my money. I won't invest in Walmart and then complain about how much the Walton's make or how much they pay their floor sweepers.

If there is something about an investment I don't like, I dump the investment and get another one to my liking. If you're invested in companies that you disapprove of, then I think it's time you get out of buying stocks because you don't know how to manage them.

Good for you.
Ya know what's amusing? You will keep an investment just to have something to bitch about.
You are the type who will stand inside of a burning house debating on how the fire was started. An idiot.

Aside from your rant that daily operations are your business, explain why you believe this. Then explain HOW it is you are intricately involved in the business of daily opps.
Because most of us have figured out that you are so pissed off over being told the facts, that you have no alternative than to double down on your incorrect belief.

I am an owner, so yes it is my business what the company is doing. Very simple. Now stop confusing yourself.

Again, unless you're paying them, it's none of your business.

I own stocks in those companies so yes it is my business.
No. It isn't. Stock holders may only vote or sell their shares. There is no stock holder that has any say in day to day operations. For obvious reasons there is a wall of separation between the two. If you are unhappy, your only recourse is to sell your shares. Other than that, you are pissing into the wind.

Again, I am an owner. It is my business.
Still insisting something not factual

Sorry but owning a stock makes you an owner. Being an owner makes it your business. It is really quite simple.
You are NOT an owner. You hold a share of stock in the company. A silent partner. You can get your money out if and when you choose. Daily operations are not your concern as you have no decision making authority.
What is the point which you are trying to make?

No. It isn't. Stock holders may only vote or sell their shares. There is no stock holder that has any say in day to day operations. For obvious reasons there is a wall of separation between the two. If you are unhappy, your only recourse is to sell your shares. Other than that, you are pissing into the wind.

Again, I am an owner. It is my business.
Still insisting something not factual

Sorry but owning a stock makes you an owner. Being an owner makes it your business. It is really quite simple.
You are NOT an owner. You hold a share of stock in the company. A silent partner. You can get your money out if and when you choose. Daily operations are not your concern as you have no decision making authority.
What is the point which you are trying to make?

Yes I am an owner. And the value of my stock is effected by what the ceo does. So yes it is my business. Again it is very simple. Stop embarrassing yourself.

You're really doing your best to not address the argument, aren't ya?

You know, you don't have to own any stocks at all. You can make other investments such as the commodities market or real estate. You can open up your own business or make small investments in private businesses not on the market.

It's all up to you. But don't come off with telling me that you own stock in companies that overpay CEO's and board members, but have no control over it.

Good for you.

How is it your business. As to the daily operations...

Again, unless you're paying them, it's none of your business.

Arguments based on your own halfwitted delusions and unverifiable by anyone but your psychiatrists are useless.

I guess in your world owning stocks must seem unattainable.

No, the problem is that in YOUR world where you're a major stockholder in every corporation in America, there are also unicorns and leprechauns.

Like I already said. Most people are probably owners of these big companies. They are all over retirement accounts. Sorry your weak it's none of your business defense works for about nobody. You will have to do better. Your ceos shouldn't have gone public and sold lots of stocks I guess.
Insisting something is true does not change the facts.

Your ceos shouldn't have gone public and sold lots of stocks I guess.
Still trying to figure out your malfunction here. If the public has decided the direction of the company where's the problem?
He's arguing just to argue....Note how none of this has anything to do with a few whiners who want to be grossly overpaid to do menial tasks.

Still trying to figure out your malfunction here. If the public has decided the direction of the company where's the problem?
It is the board and ceo. The public is not making these decisions, sorry.
Ah, so it isn't your business after all.
Yes every stock holder is an owner. Being an owner makes it their business. It's very simple really, why is it so hard for you to understand? I knew you were slow, but this is ridiculous.
How do you make it your business if you have no say in the matter? I don't get it.
Obviously. I'm sure there are many things you don't get. I guess you should to be on a political forum. You have no say in political decisions either.
Sure we do....In the same manner in which a stock holder can vote their shares, in a representative republic, we vote on election day.

It is the board and ceo. The public is not making these decisions, sorry.
Ah, so it isn't your business after all.

Yes every stock holder is an owner. Being an owner makes it their business. It's very simple really, why is it so hard for you to understand? I knew you were slow, but this is ridiculous.
You keep using different phraseology, yet insist you are correct when you are not.
The only one who is slow is you.
Question...Can you walk into the headquarters of a company in which you own stock and then make demands on how the company is to operate?

He's arguing just to argue....Note how none of this has anything to do with a few whiners who want to be grossly overpaid to do menial tasks.

And when they're not, use it as an excuse to get or stay on a government program.

How do you make it your business if you have no say in the matter? I don't get it.
Obviously. I'm sure there are many things you don't get. I guess you should to be on a political forum. You have no say in political decisions either.
What does 'you should to be on a political forum' mean in Brainsville? I do have a say in politics, we call it voting. That's why it's my business. If you have no vote you have to accept the cards that are dealt.
Then I guess you are the reason we have obamacare. Good job.
I didn't vote for the asshole.

That's right, you did not vote on obamacare. Congress voted on that and you aren't a congressman. I guess you don't bitch about it then right? You had no say in the matter.
Wow....You are stuck on stupid. Hey genius, we do have a referendum style of government. We elect people to represent our interests. They are known as representatives and senators.
When you are asked, you may vote your shares anyway you see fit.
IN neither case do we have a say in daily operations.
Now, what does this have to do with a few screeching little bitches who want to be grossly overpaid to perform menial tasks?
Look, if you want that kind of authority, open your own business and you will then have a say in pay rates. Actually even then you don't. Businesses pay their people based on revenue. Which relates directly to the ability to pay. Money in. Money out.
Wages do not come from a magic money tree.

And when they're not, use it as an excuse to get or stay on a government program.
Brainless posted earlier that government has nothing to do with this issue.
I reminded the empty headed one that these whiners are attempting to compel government to create mandates to give them what they feel entitled to.

What does 'you should to be on a political forum' mean in Brainsville? I do have a say in politics, we call it voting. That's why it's my business. If you have no vote you have to accept the cards that are dealt.
Then I guess you are the reason we have obamacare. Good job.
I didn't vote for the asshole.
That's right, you did not vote on obamacare. Congress voted on that and you aren't a congressman. I guess you don't bitch about it then right? You had no say in the matter.
No Republican voted for it so no, I played no role in it. The rich got richer under obama too so don't blame me.

So by your own argument you can't bitch about it. You had no say in it.
Don't turn your stupidty onto others.

Forum List

Back