🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle

They do? How many CEO's do you know well enough to know exactly what they do?

I'm OK with those doing the paying doing it the way they see fit. What I'm not OK with is people like you thinking it's your place to determine how much of someone else's money they should spend on what.

Ah so for them it is ok. The job of ceo hasn't changed, just the pay has increased dramatically. You seem to be a hypocrite, shocking.

Since those doing the paying determine who gets what, it's OK for that reason and none of my business.

I say the same thing for those you demand get a $15/hour wage. If the one paying wants to pay that much, fine. I won't say a word. It's their money. When the government mandates it, that's the problem. I have the same outlook for either end. It's not my business.

You keep saying the job of a ceo hasn't changed yet you've provide absolutely no examples or support to back it up.

Since there is no reason to believe it has changed and that was your claim, you need to support it. With no evidence we can assume it hasn't.

At what point do you assume that it's none of your business, because it's not your money?
Never. These libs are incapable of not sticking their noses where they do not belong...Ever wonder why libs are also the biggest gossips?

Because they have a lot of time on their hands after cashing their government checks?

Ceos actually get paid more for worse performance. That's ok though right?

The Highest-Paid CEOs Are The Worst Performers, New Study Says

Again, unless you're paying them, it's none of your business.

I own stocks in those companies so yes it is my business.

It's a free country. Buy stocks in a company that you approve of.

Since I own them it is my business.

Wages don't go up if people aren't qualified to do a job to the level the employer wants qualifications. A person may get hired but if they don't offer to the level the one hiring wants, they may still get hired but at a lower wage.

The best way to improve your wages is to offer something worth paying. In your mind, especially with the OP, wages should go up for no reason other than those wanting more demanding more.

So you don't know anything about supply and demand obviously. Go learn some economics.

Only in the world of politics could you hire a unqualified, inempt community organizer a position of leadership..

But Brian in the real world of the private sector you can not just hire a burger flipper to opperate a CNC say.just because you can not find anyone else.

Yes in the real world if you can't find a Cnc operator for the wages offered, you offer more. People see how much is offered and get the proper training. Right now wages are stagnant because there aren't lots of Cnc jobs going unfilled.

You keep chanting, "Wages are stagnant", like it's some talisman that excuses anything. We're talking about minimum wage, which is stagnant because those jobs aren't worth more, and because there's no shortage of people who can and will do them for what they pay right now. If someone is sitting around in one of those jobs much longer than they should, expecting it to someday become a well-paying career, that's HIS problem, not the employer's.

There are better jobs out there that don't have enough people to fill them, and they do pay better. Those people lagging in MW jobs could apply for them, if they bothered to become qualified for them. They don't, and that's not anyone's problem but theirs.

You make a lot of claims without backing them up, pretty much every post. Show there are good paying jobs waiting to be filled. Link?

It's always funny to watch leftists try to use the same tactics that devastate their talking points, and fail miserably at them.

10 High-Paying In-Demand Jobs

Finding, Landing and Loving a Hard-to-Fill Job

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/30/on-job-hunt-unfilled-jobs-across-america-are-qualified/

So you don't know anything about supply and demand obviously. Go learn some economics.

Only in the world of politics could you hire a unqualified, inempt community organizer a position of leadership..

But Brian in the real world of the private sector you can not just hire a burger flipper to opperate a CNC say.just because you can not find anyone else.

Yes in the real world if you can't find a Cnc operator for the wages offered, you offer more. People see how much is offered and get the proper training. Right now wages are stagnant because there aren't lots of Cnc jobs going unfilled.

You keep chanting, "Wages are stagnant", like it's some talisman that excuses anything. We're talking about minimum wage, which is stagnant because those jobs aren't worth more, and because there's no shortage of people who can and will do them for what they pay right now. If someone is sitting around in one of those jobs much longer than they should, expecting it to someday become a well-paying career, that's HIS problem, not the employer's.

There are better jobs out there that don't have enough people to fill them, and they do pay better. Those people lagging in MW jobs could apply for them, if they bothered to become qualified for them. They don't, and that's not anyone's problem but theirs.

You make a lot of claims without backing them up, pretty much every post. Show there are good paying jobs waiting to be filled. Link?

Allow me:

6 industries that can’t find workers fast enough
By Catey Hill
Published: Dec 20, 2014 12:11 p.m. ET

Employers can't find enough skilled labor to fill jobs
Hundreds of thousands of U.S. high-tech factory jobs are not filled because employers can't find qualified people

ATA: ‘Driver Shortage’ Likely To Reach 48,000 By The End of The Year

OCT 7 • NEWS • 896 VIEWS • 14 COMMENTS ON ATA: ‘DRIVER SHORTAGE’ LIKELY TO REACH 48,000 BY THE END OF THE YEAR

By Catey Hill

Yes you keep going on about drivers. But what we already determined is that they are a bad area to go into. First you have to pay for training. Wages in trucking are going down, not up. Impossible for many with families. Very questionable safety....

They do? How many CEO's do you know well enough to know exactly what they do?

I'm OK with those doing the paying doing it the way they see fit. What I'm not OK with is people like you thinking it's your place to determine how much of someone else's money they should spend on what.
The issue is that idiots like "Brain" (what a misnomer!) dont understand what CEOs do. They know what Beyonce does. Or some other actor. So they're fine with them getting paid millions of dollars a year. Because they look at them and think "I could never do that."
But they dont know what CEOs do. So they think "how hard can that be?"
As usual the problem is ignorance.

If their outlook about a CEO's job being easy was true, anyone could do it. I wonder if he thinks a burger flipper at McDonalds could do the job of a CEO.

Why is it ok for ceos to keep getting raises for bad performance?

Because the raises are voluntarily given by the people who own the money.

You mean ceos give them to themswlves because they own the board.

No, I don't mean anything of the sort, because unlike you, I don't say stupid shit.

It's always funny to watch leftists try to use the same tactics that devastate their talking points, and fail miserably at them.

On The Job Hunt: Unfilled Jobs Across America, Are You Qualified?

Fox news from 2011? Yes very relevant today.

Your comment made absolutely no sense to what I posted. So let's try this again: if you don't approve of the way a company which you have stock in hires, promotes, or pays their executives, it's a free country and you can move your money to a company that conducts themselves to your liking. The same holds true if you don't like the pay scale for their starting jobs.

The issue is that idiots like "Brain" (what a misnomer!) dont understand what CEOs do. They know what Beyonce does. Or some other actor. So they're fine with them getting paid millions of dollars a year. Because they look at them and think "I could never do that."
But they dont know what CEOs do. So they think "how hard can that be?"
As usual the problem is ignorance.

If their outlook about a CEO's job being easy was true, anyone could do it. I wonder if he thinks a burger flipper at McDonalds could do the job of a CEO.

No, I don't mean anything of the sort, because unlike you, I don't say stupid shit.

Well to believe ceo pay has gone up the way it has just because of the market you'd have to be a moron. That seems to be the case with you.

Your comment made absolutely no sense to what I posted. So let's try this again: if you don't approve of the way a company which you have stock in hires, promotes, or pays their executives, it's a free country and you can move your money to a company that conducts themselves to your liking. The same holds true if you don't like the pay scale for their starting jobs.

But I do own them so it is my business. Thank you.

Allow me:

By Catey Hill

Hundreds of thousands of U.S. high-tech factory jobs are not filled because employers can't find qualified people

OCT 7 • NEWS • 896 VIEWS • 14 COMMENTS ON ATA: ‘DRIVER SHORTAGE’ LIKELY TO REACH 48,000 BY THE END OF THE YEAR

By Catey Hill

Yes you keep going on about drivers. But what we already determined is that they are a bad area to go into. First you have to pay for training. Wages in trucking are going down, not up. Impossible for many with families. Very questionable safety....

See? Excuses. "If I have to put out effort to do it, then it's too much. You should just GIVE me what I want without my having to do anything!"

Well to believe ceo pay has gone up the way it has just because of the market you'd have to be a moron. That seems to be the case with you.

Well, to believe that I'm responsible for the argument you want to oppose about markets when I never said a word about markets, you'd have to be a moron . . . which we all KNOW is the case with you.

What I said was, "CEO pay is decided by the people who are paying the money, so it's no one else's business." See if you can wrap both your functioning brain cells around the concept of "none of your business".

Riiiiiight. "But I can claim something on the Internet, so that makes it true and I WIN!"

Epic fail. Discussion over. You lost.

Seeing only one link? Yes, very effective argument . . . just like "I own all the corporations, so I WIN!"

Arguments based on your own halfwitted delusions and unverifiable by anyone but your psychiatrists are useless.

I guess in your world owning stocks must seem unattainable.

Seeing only one link? Yes, very effective argument . . . just like "I own all the corporations, so I WIN!"

Well the first link was at least a couple years old and the middle link didn't have any evidence there are jobs out there. So all your links were weak.

Riiiiiight. "But I can claim something on the Internet, so that makes it true and I WIN!"

Epic fail. Discussion over. You lost.

Sorry, but if companies are going to sell so much stock then it is the business of owners like me. Your little none of your business claim is void. Thanks for playing, you lose.

You're really doing your best to not address the argument, aren't ya?

You know, you don't have to own any stocks at all. You can make other investments such as the commodities market or real estate. You can open up your own business or make small investments in private businesses not on the market.

It's all up to you. But don't come off with telling me that you own stock in companies that overpay CEO's and board members, but have no control over it.

Forum List

Back