🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast food workers strike

One of the best things that could happen to this country is if the high cost of labor forced the fast food industry out of business.

And why would it be one of the best things? You want people unemployed and hungry?

What better way to put those pesky farmers out of business than by eliminating their biggest customers? not to mention all those yahoos that make equipment for the fast food industry, those miscreants in advertising that hawk their wares and those ungrateful truckers that haul all the fast food companies crap around.

Some people think it's better to have massive unemployment than fat people scarfing down burgers, I also have it on good authority that 100% of cows support this idea. ;)

Last edited:
The Reactionary Left is so adorably befuddled.

On the one hand, they hate fast food because it is Non-Vegan/Non-Green/Corporatist/Highly Processed/and worst of all Popular with The Unwashed Masses.

On the other hand, they want Fast Food to employee tons of people at above market wages.

Go figure.

from the linked article said:
Workers say they want $15 an hour, which would be about $31,000 a year for full-time employees. That's more than double the federal minimum wage, which many fast food workers make, of $7.25 an hour, or $15,000 a year.

Hopefully these people won't be too surprised when they find themselves replaced by workers that don't share their distorted perspective on the market value of their low skilled labor.

"Good luck with your layoffs, all right? I hope your firings go really well." -- Peter Gibbons

You can't replace them overnight.

There were no strikers anywhere around. Just the normal busy lunchtime crowd.

There is no widespread support. What they are doing in concentrating efforts at a few stores to make the strike look like more than it really is.

So was the 25 minutes it took for me to get a biscuit, hash brown, and coffee at McDonald's this morning just normal service?

There is no widespread support. What they are doing in concentrating efforts at a few stores to make the strike look like more than it really is.

So was the 25 minutes it took for me to get a biscuit, hash brown, and coffee at McDonald's this morning just normal service?

Don't know but if it was that is a strike against $15.00 dollars a hour.

Wow. What great support for the strikers.

ROFLMAO!

And anyone who would wait in line at McD's for 25 minutes is a McMoron.

from the linked article said:
Workers say they want $15 an hour, which would be about $31,000 a year for full-time employees. That's more than double the federal minimum wage, which many fast food workers make, of $7.25 an hour, or $15,000 a year.

Hopefully these people won't be too surprised when they find themselves replaced by workers that don't share their distorted perspective on the market value of their low skilled labor.

"Good luck with your layoffs, all right? I hope your firings go really well." -- Peter Gibbons

You can't replace them overnight.

Sure you can.

Don't know but if it was that is a strike against $15.00 dollars a hour.

? Because lower paid workers are better workers ?

ROFLMAO!

LOL, although I believe the official term is a McAddict getting a McFix, apparently the McWithdrawal symptoms are a living McHell.

I can see moving the minimum wage up to $8.00 or $8.25 a hour but $15.00 a hour get real.

I agree. The problem I see is that there seems to be an argument between the two extremes in this country. Either people don't want the minimum wage raised at all, or they want it raised by a ridiculous amount.

Imagine the detriment to small businesses that already pay their employees between $8 and $15 an hour. They would have to give their employees a raise, because you can't have fast food workers making as much money as somebody with a specialized skill. Those businesses would stop hiring, start firing, or both.

ROFLMAO!

I live in a right-to-freeload state.

I didn't wait in line for 25 minutes.

There are a lot of fast food places around here because there are so many office buildings. Not one single striker.

I can see moving the minimum wage up to $8.00 or $8.25 a hour but $15.00 a hour get real.

I agree. The problem I see is that there seems to be an argument between the two extremes in this country. Either people don't want the minimum wage raised at all, or they want it raised by a ridiculous amount.

Imagine the detriment to small businesses that already pay their employees between $8 and $15 an hour. They would have to give their employees a raise, because you can't have fast food workers making as much money as somebody with a specialized skill. Those businesses would stop hiring, start firing, or both.

If minimum wage went up automatically with inflation the effects would be less deleterious to business than waiting to make one big raise every 5-10 years.

I agree completely. No company owes you enough to live on. Some people don't seem to grasp that employer's compensate you based on your value to them. Not what you need.

I disagree, it certainly can be a substantial career. The problem is most of these workers don't want to make the effort to make it so. Most fast food restaurants offer excellent management programs. Nothing wrong with learning business in the real world instead of from a professor that has never actually run a business.

I think it would surprise most people to see how many fast food Owners started as grill men.

Al Copeland, the founder of Popeyes, started at Tastee Donuts... herein lies the problem with the minimum wage... the higher you make it, the more you dis-incentivize ambition.

You are correct sir.

I think $10 to $12 is justifiable in some of the big cities like New York, LA, San Fran, Chicago, etc... $8 to $10 would be decent in areas where the cost of living is much lower. One problem with the federal minimum wage is that it does not take into account the cost of living from one area to another. Rent where I live averages $600 per month; in Chicago it averages $1200. In New York, I'd imagine it is a bit higher than Chicago. $7.25 goes a lot farther in Ohio than it does in Chicago or New York, and even here in Ohio the state minimum is up to $7.85 I believe.

Agreed, let the market decide.

Why on Earth would you wait 25 minutes for McDonalds?

Forum List

Back