🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

fast food workers think their wage should be doubled

They can be easily replaced, do they not get that?

Depends on how old you are and how long you have worked there. You can have one brilliant employee who is fired, and the entire store falls to pieces.

My old store lost three good employees, including myself, when we all transferred. My old boss now struggles to find decent staff to work, and openly admits that she regrets her decision to transfer us.

Most people are replaceable, however, others are not.

Those long term 'good' employees are not making minimum wage.. WHICH IS THE POINT

You have to be a major fuckup to be working at minimum wage as an adult

Lots of people lose their jobs and get jobs at McDonalds or KFC etc. Guess they are fuck ups?

Depends on how old you are and how long you have worked there. You can have one brilliant employee who is fired, and the entire store falls to pieces.

My old store lost three good employees, including myself, when we all transferred. My old boss now struggles to find decent staff to work, and openly admits that she regrets her decision to transfer us.

Most people are replaceable, however, others are not.

Those long term 'good' employees are not making minimum wage.. WHICH IS THE POINT

Lots of people lose their jobs and get jobs at McDonalds or KFC etc. Guess they are fuck ups?

When you lose your job at one of the places that requires the least skill.. yep.. pretty much

When you lose your job at one of the places that requires the least skill.. yep.. pretty much

How do you know how much skill it requires?

And what of people who lost their jobs in say, the car industry? Fuck ups, I presume?

No one flips burgers anymore, which shows how retarded you lot are.

Its about organisation. Keeping things running smoothly without the need for a manager. Being able to do multiple things at once without assistance, including manager duties.

You wouldn't know unless you worked there. I forgot that Americans are experts on everything, though.

1) Bullshit.. and know first hand as the neighbor's teen is an assistant manager at the local fast food and they do indeed flip burgers...
2) MANY here in the superior US have indeed worked fast food in their younger years

LOL. Bet it takes ages to cook a single burger, too. Should be cooked on both sides at the same time.

Could do it fast in a microwave too.. but some fast food chains still worry about how things are done for a little thing called taste.. something a lot of you koala fuckers would know nothing about (and yes, I have been there, eating what you call food)

And what of people who lost their jobs in say, the car industry? Fuck ups, I presume?

1) My kid is in the work force in food prep...
2) I worked fast food as a youth
3) The neighbor kid is an assistant manager at a local fast food joint (at 18)
4) We are talking the entry level minimum wage jobs, not auto assemblers or other skilled positions..

Do try and keep up, or is it that hard to comprehend Down Under??

1) Bullshit.. and know first hand as the neighbor's teen is an assistant manager at the local fast food and they do indeed flip burgers...
2) MANY here in the superior US have indeed worked fast food in their younger years

LOL. Bet it takes ages to cook a single burger, too. Should be cooked on both sides at the same time.

Could do it fast in a microwave too.. but some fast food chains still worry about how things are done for a little thing called taste.. something a lot of you koala fuckers would know nothing about (and yes, I have been there, eating what you call food)

Hungry Jacks (Burger King? in the States) have been known to microwave their meat, which is why I have never bought any burger from there.

Hungry Jacks (Burger King? in the States) have been known to microwave their meat, which is why I have never bought any burger from there.

And that is every fast food joint??

:rolleyes:

You lost.. back under your rock to progressive land

And some of us wonder why so many young kids turn to crime?

Because they were not raised properly? They think actual work is beneath them? They don't think that people other than them have a right to their property?

» What is the market value of a fast food worker? » News -- GOPUSA
Is there no end to the absurd notion that certain people think that money grows on trees?

So many of them are being overpaid. I think there should not be a government mandated minimum wage period!!! Let people do some moving in together, roommates, and get rid of expensive cable, Internet and telephone fees, fast food and start managing what their skill or lack thereof, brings to their lives. There is no better incentive for a person to learn to survive, than having to manage themselves on their own. The strong will survive. The weak will not, regardless of who provides their living.

yep, these were actions driven by many unions too the led to outsourcing and off shoring. make labor to expensive for the product and companies can not make a profit. they look for alternative options and then instead of a low paying job, you have no job

The way i look at it if we had a president that actually knew what he was doing, we wouldn't be talking about this. So to all the obama supporters working a minium wage job. Shut up you got what you voted for.

And some of us wonder why so many young kids turn to crime?

Because they were not raised properly? They think actual work is beneath them? They don't think that people other than them have a right to their property?

It could be that, or it could be that gut-wrenching feeling of sheer desperation. That feeling that you're going to be homeless any day now if something goes wrong, as in your car breaking down or losing a shift that won't earn you enough money for rent. It's a horrible feeling that you have to literally experience... if one really wants to understand that drives desperate people.

Granted, I'm conservatively-inclined. Still, it is valuable to understand this one aspect of what can cause people to do the things they do.

I don't believe for one second that there is a brilliant burger flipper who's firing cause a fast food joint to fall to pieces.

Sorry.

Its about organisation. Keeping things running smoothly without the need for a manager. Being able to do multiple things at once without assistance, including manager duties.

You wouldn't know unless you worked there. I forgot that Americans are experts on everything, though.

Some fast food places like Carls Jr and Fat Burger uses a flame broiler, a little conveyor belt where the raw patties go in one end and come out the other cooked on both sides. McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Jack in the Box, etc still use grills where someone has to physically flip the burgers over.

Fast food joints could go to cafeteria style, the way 7-11 provides their food. There's a cashier and that's it.

1012815_586810274704838_421346470_n.jpg

1) My kid is in the work force in food prep...
2) I worked fast food as a youth
3) The neighbor kid is an assistant manager at a local fast food joint (at 18)
4) We are talking the entry level minimum wage jobs, not auto assemblers or other skilled positions..

Do try and keep up, or is it that hard to comprehend Down Under??

The neighbors kid is likely an idiot, because at 18, you can't be a decent manager.

Some fast food places like Carls Jr and Fat Burger uses a flame broiler, a little conveyor belt where the raw patties go in one end and come out the other cooked on both sides. McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Jack in the Box, etc still use grills where someone has to physically flip the burgers over.

Fast food joints could go to cafeteria style, the way 7-11 provides their food. There's a cashier and that's it.

So why are you guys stuck flipping patties when our grills close on the patty and cook both sides in a mere 38 seconds?

one question out of curiosity. Are fast food consumers willing to pay double for their fast food?

one question out of curiosity. Are fast food consumers willing to pay double for their fast food?

Of course. Just the other day I went to McDonalds. I bought a ten pack of chicken bites, a double beef and bacon burger, a medium frozen coke, and an Oreo McFlurry, and it cost me just over $20.

Most of you guys would spit chips at the thought of paying that much, but I am happy to do it - and judging by the number of customers McDonalds gets through its doors each day, so do the vast majority of consumers.

Forum List

Back