CDZ Fear and guns....a discussion.

To a rational person....who sounds more afraid of guns...who sounds more filled with actual fear...?

If you have a fire extinguisher, does that mean you're afraid of fires? No, it means you are prepared. ;)

I think this is a valid analogy ChrisL

You can also use it for contrast and say:
But if you have a STOCKLOAD of fire extinguishers in your basement, plus extra fire gear and a truck and hoses, enough to equip a small town, that might show some extreme obsession or fear.

Good point ChrisL

I recently used a similar point in an argument with a friend about life insurance,
and how there's nothing wrong with wanting to be prepared.

Thank you Emily. :) One person's fear is another person's preparedness.

this is in the CDZ because it gets a little old when some start talking sex organs and guns.....

soooo....

We are constantly told that if you carry a gun you are afraid.

Is this true.

No.

Carrying a gun for self defense is a rational response to the reality that even though I know where I live is ver safe, there are still criminals out there and that you never know when one will target you. These things happen every day, in every state, in every country.

How much fear goes into carrying a gun...for me....there is about as much emotion to carrying a gun as there is carrying my cell phone.

Now....the other side...the one that is constantly accusing my side of being afraid.....I believe that fear is what they feel....especially about guns. The don't like people, but they hate guns in the hands of people.

For example.

There are over 3,700,000 AR-15s in private hands in this country.

Each year maybe, maybe, 2-3 are used in any type of crime or even a mass shooting.

With those numbers, those who I believe fear guns want all AR-15s banned from private hands. To me, that is real fear. The numbers show that the odds of being a victim of a violent attack by an attacker with an AR-15 are so remote...you would actually have more of a chance of running into Big Foot and Elvis having Lunch with Aliens.....

And yet, they call for all AR-15s and other rifles like it to be completely banned.

And yet even if AR-15s are completely banned, there is not one crime that is committed on those rare occasions where an AR-15 is used that cannot be done to the same effect with a pistol, shot gun or other rifle or a combination of those......

Yet we are called scaredy cats for wearing a gun like we wear a cell phone or buckle our seat belts.

To a rational person....who sounds more afraid of guns...who sounds more filled with actual fear...?

If you have a fire extinguisher, does that mean you're afraid of fires? No, it means you are prepared. ;)
What a stupid example..............like saying I wear boots in the rain when it rains,because I'm prepared.........Stupid is a stupid speaks,methinks

This is the clean debate zone.
I know

You do??? So are you from our Great Country, The United States where we have constitutionally guaranteed rights?

What a stupid example..............like saying I wear boots in the rain when it rains,because I'm prepared.........Stupid is a stupid speaks,methinks

theliq What's wrong with that?
Yes, having your rain boots DOES show you are prepared to handle rain.
That's a good thing to be prepared, are you being sarcastic?
As if this is stating the obvious and that's what makes it so "stupid"?
Did I miss something?
Emily....Well I was being somewhat Sarcastic in as much that comparing preparedness of rain boots or fire extinguishers to people carrying and potentially using a Gun(because they are frightened of a shadow or frightened of their own shadow) of this there is no comparison at all.steve

Are you a United States citizen?
I still have My Green Card?

Did I miss something?
Emily....Well I was being somewhat Sarcastic in as much that comparing preparedness of rain boots or fire extinguishers to people carrying and potentially using a Gun(because they are frightened of a shadow or frightened of their own shadow) of this there is no comparison at all.steve

I'm quite sure you have your own "problems" to focus on. We aren't really interested in what foreigners think. :)

this is in the CDZ because it gets a little old when some start talking sex organs and guns.....

soooo....

Is this true.

No.

Carrying a gun for self defense is a rational response to the reality that even though I know where I live is ver safe, there are still criminals out there and that you never know when one will target you. These things happen every day, in every state, in every country.

How much fear goes into carrying a gun...for me....there is about as much emotion to carrying a gun as there is carrying my cell phone.

Now....the other side...the one that is constantly accusing my side of being afraid.....I believe that fear is what they feel....especially about guns. The don't like people, but they hate guns in the hands of people.

For example.

Each year maybe, maybe, 2-3 are used in any type of crime or even a mass shooting.

With those numbers, those who I believe fear guns want all AR-15s banned from private hands. To me, that is real fear. The numbers show that the odds of being a victim of a violent attack by an attacker with an AR-15 are so remote...you would actually have more of a chance of running into Big Foot and Elvis having Lunch with Aliens.....

And yet, they call for all AR-15s and other rifles like it to be completely banned.

And yet even if AR-15s are completely banned, there is not one crime that is committed on those rare occasions where an AR-15 is used that cannot be done to the same effect with a pistol, shot gun or other rifle or a combination of those......

Yet we are called scaredy cats for wearing a gun like we wear a cell phone or buckle our seat belts.

I know

You do??? So are you from our Great Country, The United States where we have constitutionally guaranteed rights?
I live in the Great Country of Australia

Did I miss something?

I'm quite sure you have your own "problems" to focus on. We aren't really interested in what foreigners think. :)
You should,it may prevent the Myopia you suffer with...............it is you actually that have Major Problems,no one takes you seriously any more

soooo....

Is this true.

No.

For example.

ALL GUNS ARE WRONG IN A CIVILIZED SOCIETY

All generalizations are wrong including this one

soooo....

Is this true.

No.

For example.

I know

Does not seem that way.....you lost a lot of them post 9/11

Did I miss something?

You should,it may prevent the Myopia you suffer with...............it is you actually that have Major Problems,no one takes you seriously any more

I'm sorry but you are completely irrelevant to this discussion. Now, I think I heard your mama calling for you, so bye-bye. Go participate in a discussion you can understand, perhaps the Flamer zone.

Now, you don't vote in our elections, you have no say. You don't understand our rights and the way we do things over here. Stick with the simple stuff. This is much too complicated for you.

I know

Does not seem that way.....you lost a lot of them post 9/11

Look friend, I cannot make any sense out of your posts.

I know

Ah the former prison colony no wonder they ban guns you're all the descended from criminals

soooo....

Is this true.

No.

For example.

That is your opinion Scully,I love your Avie re....Man turning into a Sheep...Very Clever and Amusing,I hope you were not referring to me...OUCH..LOL..steve

I know

Well, nobody cares about Australia, I understand, but I'm sure you could find somebody to talk to you.

I know

Ah the former prison colony no wonder they ban guns you're all the descended from criminals

Oh, that's true, isn't it? I had forgotten about that little factoid. Explains a lot. Lol. :D

I know

Well, nobody cares about Australia, I understand, but I'm sure you could find somebody to talk to you.
The US are very happy to have our support when things go Tits Up

soooo....

Is this true.

No.

For example.

That is your opinion Scully,I love your Avie re....Man turning into a Sheep...Very Clever and Amusing,I hope you were not referring to me...OUCH..LOL..steve

Do you have something to add to this topic?

I know

Your military??? :lol: Hilarious!

I know

Oh, that's true, isn't it? I had forgotten about that little factoid. Explains a lot. Lol. :D
Trouble IS that prior to TRANSPORTING PEOPLE TO AUSTRALIA.....THEY WERE SENT FOR YEARS TO AMERICA......see how the liq,educates Dumb Ass Americans.......You need to put your BRAIN into GEAR before OPENING THAT MOUTH OF YOURS........Don't Ya

World Renown.......Never in close Combat with Americans for fear of Friendly Fire........FACT BIG MOUTH

World Renown.......Never in close Combat with Americans for fear of Friendly Fire........FACT BIG MOUTH

Do you have anything to add to THIS topic? It doesn't seem like it. If not, I would suggest you get lost, and don't come back.

Forum List

Back