Fears of hottest year on record as global temperatures spike

That water is NOT stationary, which enables a great deal of mixing so that energy absorbed into the shallows can move deeper.
How deep are the oceans? you stated 20,000 feet, ok, how cold do you think it is under that first 100 feet that also mixes with the that absorbed heat, and it isn't radiated from that depth.

Ocean water freezes just like freshwater, but at lower temperatures. Fresh water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit but seawater freezes at about 28.4 degrees Fahrenheit, because of the salt in it. When seawater freezes, however, the ice contains very little salt because only the water part freezes. It can be melted down to use as drinking water.

At least 15 percent of the ocean is covered by sea ice some part of the year. On average, sea ice covers almost about 10 million square miles of the Earth.

Sea water becomes more and more dense as it becomes colder, right down to its freezing point. Fresh water, on the other hand, is most dense while still at 39.2 degrees Fahrenheit, well above the freezing point. The average temperature of all ocean water is about 38.3 degrees Fahrenheit.

Fears of hottest year on record as global temperatures spike​

I think i'll be close or maybe 2nd to 2016, but we will see. If we can start seeing some seriously hot months from this month forward we'll have a chance.
so what? the earth has had temperature cycles for millions or years, we humans cannot stop, slow, or reverse it. WE have nothing to do with it.

so what? the earth has had temperature cycles for millions or years, we humans cannot stop, slow, or reverse it. WE have nothing to do with it.
Why do you think we have nothing to do with the current warming?

That is, of course, another lie. www.ipcc.ch has mountains of evidence that human CO2 emissions are the primary cause of the current warming.
The IPCC is not a database, and it isn't scientific. so stop already, I've posted enough counter points with links to prove my position. So stop already, you're becoming repetitious.

The IPCC is not a database
I never said it was. And I suspect you don't actually know what a database is.
and it isn't scientific
Coming from someone like you that's almost entertaining. Almost. Mostly it's pathetic.
so stop already
No.
I've posted enough counter points with links to prove my position.
You haven't proved a motherfucking thing.
So stop already, you're becoming repetitious.
No one is making you read them. Or respond to them. Or even be here.

More land than the southern hemisphere. But does it drive the climate. Which has more thermal energy: a couple feet of soil or rock or 20,000 feet of water?
It's what is parked over each pole and the landmass distribution around each pole. All of which results in different threshold temperatures for extensive continental glaciation. But it is because the northern pole is closer to it's temperature threshold than the southern hemisphere that the climate fluctuates so much. Which is why the northern hemisphere dominates the planet's climate. The southern hemisphere acts as to moderate climate because glacial expansion is limited by the ocean surrounding Antarctica and because the threshold temperature of the south pole is much lower than the northern hemisphere.

I feel like you are starting to learn something.

I never said it was. And I suspect you don't actually know what a database
I would argue that it’s you who doesn’t know since you can’t post a link to one. How many global devices temperatures are captured for the graph you keep posting up?

Why do you think we have nothing to do with the current warming?
as I have said many times, humans are polluting the planet, but there is no proven link between pollution and climate. Earth's climate is controlled by variations in the radiation emitted by the sun, slights wobbles on earth's axis, and variations in ocean currents. NOT by cow farts or SUV drivers.

as I have said many times, humans are polluting the planet, but there is no proven link between pollution and climate.
As I have said many times, there are no proofs in the natural sciences. There is an enormous amount of evidence that human CO2 emissions are the primary cause of the warming observed over the last 150 years which is why it is completely accepted by just about every scientist on the planet.
Earth's climate is controlled by variations in the radiation emitted by the sun, slights wobbles on earth's axis, and variations in ocean currents. NOT by cow farts or SUV drivers.
Neither variations in the sun's output nor Milankovitch orbital changes produce any where NEAR the forcing required to produce the observed warming. Those are demonstrable FACTs

There is an enormous amount of evidence that human CO2 emissions are the primary cause of the warming
Again, where? you've never presented this so called evidence. We've been waiting at least a decade in here for you!!! Where's it at?

Neither variations in the sun's output nor Milankovitch orbital changes produce any where NEAR the forcing required to produce the observed warming.
so the scientists are lying? Why is there still ice at the Poles then?

As I have said many times, there are no proofs in the natural sciences. There is an enormous amount of evidence that human CO2 emissions are the primary cause of the warming observed over the last 150 years which is why it is completely accepted by just about every scientist on the planet.

Neither variations in the sun's output nor Milankovitch orbital changes produce any where NEAR the forcing required to produce the observed warming. Those are demonstrable FACTs
OK, you are fully indoctrinated and unable to use your brain to reason and think. We all understand who and what you are.

as I have said many times, humans are polluting the planet, but there is no proven link between pollution and climate.​

Neither variations in the sun's output nor Milankovitch orbital changes produce any where NEAR the forcing required to produce the observed warming. Those are demonstrable FACTs​
OK, you are fully indoctrinated and unable to use your brain to reason and think. We all understand who and what you are.

I'm not the one who failed to address any of the points made. There is a very robustly demonstrated link between human GHG emissions and the global warming observed since the Industrial Revolution. There is an very robustly demonstrated LACK of any link between total solar irradiance or Milankovitch forcing and the global warming observed since the Industrial Revolution.

They seem to be the only ones.

I really do not see any action on the horizon to change the rate at which we are putting CO2 into the atmosphere.

As I said on another thread.....I don't know what to believe.

I certainly think the scientists believe this is the case. I have to believe that they are worried that by the time it is truly evident.....it will be too late. But did they approach it wrong ?

China certainly isn't buying in. What is to be done ?

I really do not see any action on the horizon to change the rate at which we are putting CO2 into the atmosphere.

I certainly think the scientists believe this is the case. I have to believe that they are worried that by the time it is truly evident.....it will be too late. But did they approach it wrong ?

First they need to state the problem

Forum List

Back