Federal government says no to aid for Arizona fire that killed 19 firefighters

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
well?

SNIP:

Republican Gov. Jan Brewer criticizes the Obama administration

(CNN) -- Arizona's top politicians blasted the Obama administration and federal officials over the denial of aid in the wake of the state's deadly wildfire.

The Yarnell Hill blaze killed 19 firefighters, called "hotshots," in late June, when it changed directions and engulfed them.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency denied the state's request for assistance based on insurance rules, it said in a statement Friday. It determined that not enough uninsured private individuals had become victims to warrant a payout.

FEMA said it is not permitted to "duplicate benefits provided by insurance companies or other federal agencies."

The agency also declined to issue a "major disaster declaration" for affected areas.

Solemn 100-mile procession for fallen firefighters

Fiery response

The decision drew criticism from Arizona's two Republican senators, John McCain and Jeff Flake.

"We are disappointed that FEMA denied the governor's disaster declaration request for the Yarnell Hill Fire," they said in a joint statement. "It is a shame that FEMA couldn't find it within their mission to help rebuild their homes and lives."

Republican Gov. Jan Brewer directed her criticism directly at the president.

"I am deeply troubled by the Obama administration's decision to deny much-needed recovery assistance in the wake of Arizona's deadliest wildfire," she said in a statement.

In a phone call after the fire, President Barack Obama had pledged support, she said. She felt that he had now backed down.

all of it here with comments
Federal government says no to aid for Arizona fire - CNN.com

We temporarily interrupt our constant threads accusing the federal government of spending too much money to bitch about FEMA following its own rules regarding disaster payment... now back to our regularly scheduled threads...

We temporarily interrupt our constant threads accusing the federal government of spending too much money to bitch about FEMA following its own rules regarding disaster payment... now back to our regularly scheduled threads...

wft? the only BITCHY was this post of yours...

A tragic fire is automatically a national disaster?

Let Arizona pay.......it builds character

Arizona should ask a friendly country, like China or Russia for foreign aid.

Good to see President Obama being fiscally responsible

He has a budget to balance

Cool by me.

Eliminate FEMA, divide their budget among the states, and let states determine and respond to their own emergencies.

I never thought we would agree on anything RW...just goes to show you, never say never.

Looks like Obama gave Brewer the finger this time...

jan-brewer-finger-obama.jpeg

Last edited:

Cool by me.

Eliminate FEMA, divide their budget among the states, and let states determine and respond to their own emergencies.

I never thought we would agree on anything RW...just goes to show you, never say never.

So let individual states stockpile emergency funds whether they need it or not rather than funnel emergency funds where and when it is needed

Conservative economics at its best

Good to see President Obama being fiscally responsible

He has a budget to balance
yep. bout fuckin time ey? u and I both know, if that was a blue state he woulda been all over it. cause we both also know he dont give a shit bout the law

Cool by me.

So let individual states stockpile emergency funds whether they need it or not rather than funnel emergency funds where and when it is needed

Yup.

Having a reserve stockpile of emergency funds always makes excellent economic sense.

I have a personal stockpile of emergency funds whether I need it or not.

Why shouldn't my state?

Why should Arizona be forced to beg the Federal Government for funds?

Cut out the middle man.

Eliminate FEMA, let the states handle it.

Then they can make their own decisions instead of being held hostage by the Federal Government.

This was your idea, remember...letting the states pay for their own disasters.

Last edited:
Cool by me.

Yup.

Having a reserve stockpile of emergency funds always makes excellent economic sense.

Why shouldn't my state?

Cut out the middle man.

Yes, have every state stockpile food, medical supplies, communications equipment, shelters, helicopters, construction equipment ....just in case it is needed

Rather than have the Federal Government do it and bring it where and when it is needed

Conservative economic efficiency at its finest

mods, I did a search but the title was changed like usual for the dramatic and dishonest

anyway already posted so merge or delete as you wish, thanks

Yup.

Why shouldn't my state?

Cut out the middle man.

Yes, have every state stockpile food, medical supplies, communications equipment, shelters, helicopters, construction equipment ....just in case it is needed

Rather than have the Federal Government do it and bring it where and when it is needed

Conservative economic efficiency at its finest

Hell yes.

States SHOULD have their own stockpiles.

We all saw Katrina...we all saw Sandy.

FEMA doesn't work.

States can work together if they choose.

But yes, absolutely better at the state level, the Federal government is incompetent, regardless of who is in charge.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/24/16644140-fema-leaves-many-sandy-victims-languishing?lite

Last edited:
President Obama is more concerned with balancing the budget. Arizona did not need the federal requirements for emergency relief, should we change the rules just because they have so much affection for President Obama?

President Obama even interrupted his busy vacation to tell Arizona to fuck themselves

well?

SNIP:

Republican Gov. Jan Brewer criticizes the Obama administration

(CNN) -- Arizona's top politicians blasted the Obama administration and federal officials over the denial of aid in the wake of the state's deadly wildfire.

The Yarnell Hill blaze killed 19 firefighters, called "hotshots," in late June, when it changed directions and engulfed them.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency denied the state's request for assistance based on insurance rules, it said in a statement Friday. It determined that not enough uninsured private individuals had become victims to warrant a payout.

FEMA said it is not permitted to "duplicate benefits provided by insurance companies or other federal agencies."

The agency also declined to issue a "major disaster declaration" for affected areas.

Solemn 100-mile procession for fallen firefighters

Fiery response

The decision drew criticism from Arizona's two Republican senators, John McCain and Jeff Flake.

"We are disappointed that FEMA denied the governor's disaster declaration request for the Yarnell Hill Fire," they said in a joint statement. "It is a shame that FEMA couldn't find it within their mission to help rebuild their homes and lives."

Republican Gov. Jan Brewer directed her criticism directly at the president.

"I am deeply troubled by the Obama administration's decision to deny much-needed recovery assistance in the wake of Arizona's deadliest wildfire," she said in a statement.

In a phone call after the fire, President Barack Obama had pledged support, she said. She felt that he had now backed down.

all of it here with comments
Federal government says no to aid for Arizona fire - CNN.com

No one believes this lie.

President Obama is more concerned with balancing the budget. Arizona did not need the federal requirements for emergency relief, should we change the rules just because they have so much affection for President Obama?

President Obama even interrupted his busy vacation to tell Arizona to fuck themselves

what a nasty ass...you must be proud you post for all to see..

some sick vindictive hateful people in the Democrat party

Forum List

Back