Federal government says no to aid for Arizona fire that killed 19 firefighters

Katrina taught us that small states that are not economic powerhouses cannot possibly afford to handle the effects of a storm as powerful as Katrina.

Taxpayers of Mississippi.......do you hear this?

Yes, taking away citizens guns and turning back trucks with supplies was a "help".

Oh yes.....if they had guns they would eat better

The guns were their protection from looters and I noticed you ignored the trucks full of supplies that was turned back by FEMA.

A tragic fire is automatically a national disaster?

Let Arizona pay.......it builds character

Cool by me.

Eliminate FEMA, divide their budget among the states, and let states determine and respond to their own emergencies.

I never thought we would agree on anything RW...just goes to show you, never say never.

Arizona is a "gimme" state. Meaning they get back more from the fed than they put in.

Most Red States Take More Money From Washington Than They Put In | Mother Jones
TaxProf Blog

Arizona has a pretty sweet deal too.

$1.46 back

The idea of dividing FEMA funds up among the states is totally dingbat.

A storm like Sandy, that did huge damage in multiple states demonstrates that. Here on the Pacific Coast, we are due for a 9+ quake in not so distant future, five minutes from now to a hundred and fifty years from now. Do you really think that the funds we, Oregon, California, and Washington, would get from that would handle that after effects of that disaster?

The 'Conservatives' keep trying to remove "One Nation, Indivisable" from our Pledge of Allegiance. We are one nation, and when one portion of it suffers a major disaster, the rest of the nation is there to help. And there are criterion as to the size and scope of the disaster before that help kicks in. A very reasonable thing to have.

A storm like Sandy, that did huge damage in multiple states demonstrates that. Here on the Pacific Coast, we are due for a 9+ quake in not so distant future, five minutes from now to a hundred and fifty years from now. Do you really think that the funds we, Oregon, California, and Washington, would get from that would handle that after effects of that disaster?

The 'Conservatives' keep trying to remove "One Nation, Indivisable" from our Pledge of Allegiance. We are one nation, and when one portion of it suffers a major disaster, the rest of the nation is there to help. And there are criterion as to the size and scope of the disaster before that help kicks in. A very reasonable thing to have.

Listen, Old Cocks. It's about revenge regarding AZ. When Arizona told the Feds to fuck off because they enacted strict immigration laws that the Feds wanted nothing to do with, Obongo and his minions files suit, remember?

Last edited:

Listen, Old Cocks. It's about revenge regarding AZ. When Arizona told the Feds to fuck off with their strict immigration law, Obongo and his minions files suit, remember?

Another pity party by Republicans...

Everybody picks on us....Show some personal responsibility damn it

Listen, Old Cocks. It's about revenge regarding AZ. When Arizona told the Feds to fuck off with their strict immigration law, Obongo and his minions files suit, remember?

Why don't you just go drown yourself, Leftwing traitor. You're giddy about enacting revenge on a state that told King Obama to go fuck himself. I wish more states had the courage to do that.

Why don't you just go drown yourself, Leftwing traitor. You're giddy about enacting revenge on a state that told King Obama to go fuck himself. I wish more states had the courage to do that.

I guess Arizona needs to be more consistent about when the Federal government is needed and when they are not

So far it seems the Federal Government is not needed when it helps other states and is needed when Arizona needs help

Leftists seems content to let us in Arizona fend for ourselves...no problem. How about letting us leave the pile of shit that used to be the Untied States of Armerica thanks to you? We can do very well on our own....especially if Texas would like to join us. We can land-mine our portion of the border with mehico and drone any who make it through for your welfare programs....they can just as easily jump the border in California. Speaking of California, how about we cease providing electricity to Los Angeles from our Palo Verde nuclear plant? Sound good? How about we cut the rest of the country off from our copper, citrus, cattle, cotton, and sunny climate the northerners crave? We can get all the oil we need from mehico in exchange for Ruger firearms (based in Prescott) and Apache Helicopters (based in Mesa) and our other firms like Motorola and Intel. We have all the timber we need in northern Arizona...in fact, the US has little to offer us except ruling over most of our "federal land"...that would stop. Are we broke somebody asked? Nope. We were until we threw out Janet Napolitano and got a real governor. We are owed $700M for warehousing illegal invaders for the crowd in D.C. You can either pay us or we'll keep Luke AFB and the Marine Air facilities at Yuma for our self-defense. Deal?

How about letting us leave the pile of shit that used to be the Untied States of Armerica thanks to you?

If that's what you think of the United States of America then why don't you take some personal initiative and GTFO now? You clearly don't deserve to be allowed in this great nation, let alone enjoy American citizenship. So go. What's wrong? Do you lack the courage of your convictions? Are you nothing but a big mouth and a lot of hot air? Dramatic hyperbole and histrionics but no backbone when it comes right down to it, miss? The great state of Arizona will remain in the Union. YOU can GTFO anytime. We sure as heck don't need a worthless, whining, un-American poseur like YOU.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhQql-ZbZmg]Tombstone Well, bye short version - YouTube[/ame]

How will the federal government replace those lives? It's a tragedy but not everything is disasterous enough for disaster relief. You wingnuts have to get over this and stop trying to pin everything on Obama.

This is just plain stupid.

How about letting us leave the pile of shit that used to be the Untied States of Armerica thanks to you?

If that's what you think of the United States of America then why don't you take some personal initiative and GTFO now? You clearly don't deserve to be allowed in this great nation, let alone enjoy American citizenship. So go. What's wrong? Do you lack the courage of your convictions? Are you nothing but a big mouth and a lot of hot air? Dramatic hyperbole and histrionics but no backbone when it comes right down to it, miss? The great state of Arizona will remain in the Union. YOU can GTFO anytime. We sure as heck don't need a worthless, whining, un-American poseur like YOU.

Put your dog on a diet ya little turd. :eusa_eh:

How will the federal government replace those lives? It's a tragedy but not everything is disasterous enough for disaster relief. You wingnuts have to get over this and stop trying to pin everything on Obama.

This is just plain stupid.

No those lives cannot be replaced....we asked for help because of the flood danger that could wipe out what's left of Yarnell come Spring. It's not like we weren't promised the help from Biden at the memorial service for the fallen....we know you're nothing but a pack of liars only concerned when it's blacks or hispanics you can then get votes from. I was content to let Nawlins slip under the Gulf of Mehico after Katrina, yet I helped get aid there and sent money to the Red Cross. Don't worry about us....shove your FEMA up your ass.....we'll take care of our own.

well?

SNIP:

Republican Gov. Jan Brewer criticizes the Obama administration

(CNN) -- Arizona's top politicians blasted the Obama administration and federal officials over the denial of aid in the wake of the state's deadly wildfire.

The Yarnell Hill blaze killed 19 firefighters, called "hotshots," in late June, when it changed directions and engulfed them.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency denied the state's request for assistance based on insurance rules, it said in a statement Friday. It determined that not enough uninsured private individuals had become victims to warrant a payout.

FEMA said it is not permitted to "duplicate benefits provided by insurance companies or other federal agencies."

The agency also declined to issue a "major disaster declaration" for affected areas.

Solemn 100-mile procession for fallen firefighters

Fiery response

The decision drew criticism from Arizona's two Republican senators, John McCain and Jeff Flake.

"We are disappointed that FEMA denied the governor's disaster declaration request for the Yarnell Hill Fire," they said in a joint statement. "It is a shame that FEMA couldn't find it within their mission to help rebuild their homes and lives."

Republican Gov. Jan Brewer directed her criticism directly at the president.

"I am deeply troubled by the Obama administration's decision to deny much-needed recovery assistance in the wake of Arizona's deadliest wildfire," she said in a statement.

In a phone call after the fire, President Barack Obama had pledged support, she said. She felt that he had now backed down.

all of it here with comments
Federal government says no to aid for Arizona fire - CNN.com

What part of: FEMA said it is not permitted to "duplicate benefits provided by insurance companies or other federal agencies." did little miss stephanie not understand?

Did you need some help with those big words, sweetie?

Put your dog on a diet ya little turd. :eusa_eh:

GTFO of my country, loser.

Oh yes.....if they had guns they would eat better

The guns were their protection from looters and I noticed you ignored the trucks full of supplies that was turned back by FEMA.

Sometimes people mean well and load up trucks with miscellaneous supplies that nobody knows what to do with.

You empty those trucks and distribute the supplies. It's easy. I could do it, well not physically, I have medical problems now, but I sure as heck could tell them what to do with the stuff. They had a whole stadium in which to store the stuff while they distributed it. Yeah, not everybody is going to get the same stuff, but everybody will get something. Kind of like the foodbank or the clothing bank. People operate those things everyday and no one complains about the stuff being "miscellaneous".

It took 5 days to get help to the Katrina victims. Smart people put away supplies for themselves. Yes, I live in the area that will be affected by the Cascadia quake. I'm doing my best to put by a years supply of food because that quake is going to take out our roads and it will be a long time before we can get people in here to help. I'm also thinking of getting a military style first aid kit when I can afford it. I'm not a doctor or anything but maybe somebody around here is an EMT but doesn't have the supplies. And there is always the red cross first aid book from when I took first aid those many years ago. That taught us what to do if help wouldn't be coming for awhile. After Katrina, anyone who depends on the federal government to help them in a disaster isn't very bright.

Listen, Old Cocks. It's about revenge regarding AZ. When Arizona told the Feds to fuck off because they enacted strict immigration laws that the Feds wanted nothing to do with, Obongo and his minions files suit, remember?

This is most likely and very scary.

Leftists seems content to let us in Arizona fend for ourselves...no problem. How about letting us leave the pile of shit that used to be the Untied States of Armerica thanks to you? We can do very well on our own....especially if Texas would like to join us. We can land-mine our portion of the border with mehico and drone any who make it through for your welfare programs....they can just as easily jump the border in California. Speaking of California, how about we cease providing electricity to Los Angeles from our Palo Verde nuclear plant? Sound good? How about we cut the rest of the country off from our copper, citrus, cattle, cotton, and sunny climate the northerners crave? We can get all the oil we need from mehico in exchange for Ruger firearms (based in Prescott) and Apache Helicopters (based in Mesa) and our other firms like Motorola and Intel. We have all the timber we need in northern Arizona...in fact, the US has little to offer us except ruling over most of our "federal land"...that would stop. Are we broke somebody asked? Nope. We were until we threw out Janet Napolitano and got a real governor. We are owed $700M for warehousing illegal invaders for the crowd in D.C. You can either pay us or we'll keep Luke AFB and the Marine Air facilities at Yuma for our self-defense. Deal?

You know what's really scary? Here on the west coast we are getting fallout from Fukashima and our government rather than doing anything to protect us, just raised the levels of radiation that is "safe". Worse, we have Hanford. When the Cascadia fault line ruptures, a tidal wave will go up the Columbia and take out Hanford, which is already leaking and it's going to do serious damage to the marine life in the Columbia River AND the Pacific Ocean. I wouldn't eat any fish from the pacific any time soon.

Forum List

Back