Federal Judge Halts Release of 3D-Printed Gun Blueprints

Back years ago there was a story circulating about gang bangers carrying around a 30.06 gun barrel without the receiver, and that they were putting a live round in it, striking the primer with a hammer and shooting people with it. I LMAO when I read that. If you knew anything about guns you would know that hitting the head of the cartridge will only smash it, and, that in the rare chance the primer was ignited, the only thing that would happen is that the bullet would seal off the barrel and the case would some flying out the open end of the barrel. Dumbass liberals! :21::21::21::21::21:

Last edited:
its being fought out in the courts . Some dude has directions on how you me and every psycho can use a 3D printer to make your own u traceable firearm!

What are people’s thoughts ? Is this even a 2nd amendment issue ??

Judge blocks release of blueprints for 3D-printed guns
First amendment. Oh and it is too late, unless the entire internet is shut down. Those downloads are out there beyond Defense Distributed or government control.
The Pirate Bay - The galaxy's most resilient bittorrent site

its being fought out in the courts . Some dude has directions on how you me and every psycho can use a 3D printer to make your own u traceable firearm!

Perfect excample of a lefttard rectum prolapse. In case you never knew, one could buy an 80% AR lower and just do the other 20% of the work them selves and have an untraceable AR and BATF is 100% fine with it. You can do it with polymer hand guns to.

This is so stupid ... you can buy this book 20 year old book on Amazon

images

Or download it free on the web. It contains plans, templates, and instructions for creating an SMG with off the shelf parts and hand tools.

This is a good book.

The cost of a 3D printer that can make these is upwards of $100k. Most gun manufacturers sell the pieces needed to make a decent gun in the first place and no one is going to be able to make an effective firearm entirely out of plastic.

But nonetheless, it's none of your damn business what i make in my home so long as it's not harming anyone.

the people who are in a panic over this will just be in a panic for <insert todays reason>

a plastic gun made in a 3d printer will be at best a lead chunker in the lines of the flintlock pistols that the left loves to say are what was *meant* by the 2nd amendment. so on one hand they tell you that's all you need and now they say you can't have it.

This plastic AR-15 bullshit is just as stupid as the mind farts we saw from the Moon Bats over bump stocks.

It is amazing the level of ignorance these Moon Bats have about firearms.

Federal law allows anybody to build their own firearms. You just can't sell them.

If you have a plastic AR lower then you will still need a steel chamber and barrel upper to handle the pressure of a .223. You would also need steel parts for trigger and hammer components. You are never going to print an AR that could pass through a metal detector.

If you make a plastic pistol it will only be good for one shot before the chamber would be destroyed. It is not a viable weapon. The bullets for it would never pass through a metal detector. You have to have metal for springs and firing pin. It would be impossible to make a working plastic gun all out of plastic. Even if you could the plastic would have to be very high quality.

With aluminum AR-15 lowers selling for as low as $29.99 why would you invest in a machine costing tens of thousands of dollars to make a plastic one that is not near as durable as the aluminum ones?

If you want to make your own AR-15 lower (like I have done) then buy a 80% lower and finish it off with a drill press. Of course then you could never sell the lower, only have it for your own use.

If you want an untraceable AR or any firearm on any given day in this country there are thousands of them available as a private transfer.

No one has ever been killed by a printed gun, and I doubt if anyone ever will.

Cute play on words, but no, you know what I mean. No one has been killed by a 3-D gun because fortunately so few have been made and the last thing we need is the eventual affordability of 3-D machines where 3-D guns can be made at the blink of an eye by anyone. As it is, someone WILL make and distribute them in the black market, people WILL be killed with them, and if they are of such low utility, then there is nothing really lost in their continued illegality!

Making a 3-D gun violates every statute of the BATFE and is akin to my being able to take an AK and modify it to be fully automatic. The ability for people make their own firearms will remain totally illegal (without a federal stamp). You want a gun, go to the gun store and buy a metal one.

Isn't this a duplicate thread? Whatever people WISH to be, the 3-D gun printing will have to be knocked down and tightly controlled otherwise chaos would ensue and in the end, it would badly hurt the pro-gun position and give just the edge to gun haters they are looking for.
That is irrelevant. You cannot control the flow of information. Not only would that be a gross violation of the first amendment.

Sorry, no, not even close. And the flow of information is already controlled. 3-D guns will never be legal. Mark my words.

1988 law clearly states..
The United States Undetectable Firearms Act of 1988 (18 U.S.C. § 922(p)) makes it illegal to manufacture, import, sell, ship, deliver, possess, transfer, or receive any firearm that is not as detectable by walk-through metal detection as a security exemplar containing 3.7 oz (105 g) of steel, or any firearm with major components that do not generate an accurate image before standard airport imaging technology.[1]

It was signed into law by President Ronald Reagan on November 10, 1988.
Undetectable Firearms Act - Wikipedia

Does the 3-D gun have any metal parts???
Wilson’s “Liberator” is a single-shot pistol made of ABS plastic, the material used for Legos. It includes a metal firing pin and a piece of metal to ensure it doesn’t run afoul of the Undetectable Firearms Act. Wilson has also developed parts for semi-automatic weapons, including the AR-15, that will be available for download. All visitors have to do is pay a small fee and enter their email to create an account on Defense Distributed’s website. No proof of age or permit is necessary to access the gun plans.
3D-Printed Guns Are Unchecked and Untraceable. And a Judge Blocked Them at the Last Minute

Some dude?

So in your highly college educated liberal mind you think out of a world population of 7.6 billion people only some dude has the brain capacity to design a gun and download it to a 3d printer???

A high school kid taking design class can do that today.

Retard

Isn't this a duplicate thread? Whatever people WISH to be, the 3-D gun printing will have to be knocked down and tightly controlled otherwise chaos would ensue and in the end, it would badly hurt the pro-gun position and give just the edge to gun haters they are looking for.
That is irrelevant. You cannot control the flow of information. Not only would that be a gross violation of the first amendment.

Sorry, no, not even close. And the flow of information is already controlled. 3-D guns will never be legal. Mark my words.

Don't have to be legal, the cat is out of the bag and you can stomp your bunny slippers all day long.

You and the courts can't stop it.

Don't have to be legal, the cat is out of the bag and you can stomp your bunny slippers all day long.
You and the courts can't stop it.

No bunny slippers here and I'm not trying to stop anything. CAN'T YOU READ? I said there would be an illegal black market in the things. They just will never be legal. Not my wish, just a prediction. When people start popping off easy to make untraceable 3-D firearms in their basements and start killing people with them, the anti-gunners will have their strongest tool yet in the fight to ban guns! And I'll remember you thought it was all just funny.

Forum List

Back