Federal judge rules Trump can't block people on Twitter because it violates their First Amendment ri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our President is a pussy who only wants people who tell him how great he is

haha.jpg

Federal judge rules Trump can't block people on Twitter because it violates their First Amendment rights

A federal judge on Wednesday ruled President Donald Trump can't block people on Twitter, because it violates their First Amendment rights.

In her decision, US District Judge Naomi Reice Buchwald wrote, "This case requires us to consider whether a public official may, consistent with the First Amendment, 'block' a person from his Twitter account in response to the political views that person has expressed, and whether the analysis differs because that public official is the President of the United States. The answer to both questions is no."

Such bullshit.

His Twitter account is private, not a government site. People have their own social media accounts and can post whatever they want. We all have the right to block their crap if we don't want to read it.

Liberals aren't satisfied just to have their say, they insist that people listen to them. These are the same dipshits that shut down conservative speakers on campuses and town hall meetings. Freedom of speech to the left means people listening to them and no one else.

Hey, libs, maybe the right should have their own safe spaces away from your nonsense.

I can't imagine why Trump or anyone else gives a rat's ass.
Well, I think we can chalk that up to lack of depth of thought on your part .
Yes, because the people on Trump's twitter are about as important as our comments on USMB.
That didn't make any sense. You said you could not imagine why Trump cares. I can, without breaking a sweat. This indicates a lack of depth of thought on your part.
Are you black?
Are you a child?
Nah, I've just got an amazing grasp of the obvious.

haha.jpg

Federal judge rules Trump can't block people on Twitter because it violates their First Amendment rights

A federal judge on Wednesday ruled President Donald Trump can't block people on Twitter, because it violates their First Amendment rights.

In her decision, US District Judge Naomi Reice Buchwald wrote, "This case requires us to consider whether a public official may, consistent with the First Amendment, 'block' a person from his Twitter account in response to the political views that person has expressed, and whether the analysis differs because that public official is the President of the United States. The answer to both questions is no."
Neither Trump nor most of his supporters care anything about citizens’ First Amendment rights.

It is nice to see a Jewish judge support free speech...but does the Jewish judge support free speech for every American citizen?

hypocritical twitter doesn't let you follow more than 5,000 folks if you have less than 5,000 followers. FREE SPEECH??

haha.jpg

Let me guess: Obama appointed this moron.

From wiki:

Judge Naomi Reice Buchwald
Assumed office
March 21, 2012

Yep, Obama appointed her.

Public spaces must have the first amendment!!!

I'd extend it to USMB as it is a public space! Can't silence people for their opinions on the internet would be a huge gain in freedom.

haha.jpg

From wiki:

Assumed office
March 21, 2012

Actually Bill Clinton appointed her in 1999. In 2012 she received senior status.

If the second amendment protects ones right to a AR-15 or a M-16 then surely the first protects ones freedom of speech through the first in public space on the internet.

haha.jpg

From wiki:

Assumed office
March 21, 2012

Actually Bill Clinton appointed her in 1999. In 2012 she received senior status.
Under Obama. She's obviously a Trump hating leftwing nitwit.

haha.jpg

From wiki:

Assumed office
March 21, 2012

Yes, under Obama...but it is not an appointment it is semi-retirement system for judges.

Everybody that does not lick the ass of Trump is a Trump hating leftwing nitwit in your world, so it is sort of a meaningless charge

haha.jpg

If held up, I’m going to spend my free time tweeting at Trump to go kill himself.

So you think that the Constitution gives you the "Right" to be heard?

haha.jpg

If held up, I’m going to spend my free time tweeting at Trump to go kill himself.

Secret Service is also free to pay you a visit, meaning they'll also be interviewing 23 other USMB posters at the same time

haha.jpg

From wiki:

Assumed office
March 21, 2012

Yes, under Obama...but it is not an appointment it is semi-retirement system for judges.

Everybody that does not lick the ass of Trump is a Trump hating leftwing nitwit in your world, so it is sort of a meaningless charge

Do you have to work at being an unmitigated prick or does it just come naturally for you? How did you ever get such an inflated opinion of yourself? It was a stupid ruling by a partisan judge, why don't you just man up and admit that?

From wiki:

Assumed office
March 21, 2012

Do you have to work at being an unmitigated prick or does it just come naturally for you? How did you ever get such an inflated opinion of yourself? It was a stupid ruling by a partisan judge, why don't you just man up and admit that?

You do not know the first ting about the judge other than who appointed her, and you were probably wrong about that till I corrected the post above.

I am not sold that it was a stupid ruling given that Trumps’s tweets are official statements. That changes things.

Oh, and it just comes naturally.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

From wiki:

Assumed office
March 21, 2012

You do not know the first ting about the judge other than who appointed her, and you were probably wrong about that till I corrected the post above.

I am not sold that it was a stupid ruling given that Trumps’s tweets are official statements. That changes things.

Oh, and it just comes naturally.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

She is a Leftwing Judge appointed by a leftwing Prez, you're not very good at this. You also are lacking in Constitutional knowledge son. They are not "official statements" they are from his PERSONAL twitter account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back