federal judges throw out North Carolinas congressional map, saying it was drawn to favor Republicans

This goalpost-moving shit goes back a long long time, and it needs to stop WAY before yesterday.
When the useless dog shit GOP has had 50+ years to Gerrymander the fuck out of every state, then you can bitch about this needing to stop yesterday.
:dunno:

Ah I see. So all 57 states have to be trashed before anybody gets to do anything about it eh?

Isn't THAT convenient.

How can anyone with any integrity look at this map and not know it was rigged?

10northcarolina-superJumbo.jpg

Actually the smirk on the guy's face says it all --- "I can't believe we're gonna get away with this".

Whelp ---- yeah you shouldn't believe it, so you're right.

North Carolina Congressional Map Ruled Unconstitutionally Gerrymandered

This North Carolina decision will help the Democratic wave that is coming in November.

The Court is absolutely correct. I live in one of those districts and I don't appreciate being porked with a Neanderthal knuckledragger like Mark The Fuck Meadows.

Then move home to new york..

It's going to the supremes :)

That's impossible. New York has never been "home", therefore I can't move "back", nor would I have any desire to.. But yanno what, even though I've never lived there I do understand that we capitalize proper names in English.

I present the Pennsylvania 7th District:

View attachment 170895

And the 12th:

View attachment 170896

Gerrymandering fucks us all. The above is a prime reason how Congress can have an approval rating in the teens and yet have an incumbency rentention rate in the nineties.

The problem is if we try to fix this, both sides will STILL try to find some advantage to exploit, all the while yammering on about "fairness"

Therefore we just all throw up our hands and give up, right?

Really? "If we come up with a new system somebody will just game it, therefore let's not bother"? That's what you're gonna plant your flag on?

Another good plan. You need better coffee.

Ah I see. So all 57 states have to be trashed before anybody gets to do anything about it eh?

Isn't THAT convenient.
Where were you the last 50+ years, when the trashing was rampant?

Is it only an issue because your team will lose?

My "team"?

I don't have a "team", Snuggles. I have a 'region'. I have "neighbors". I simply want the representation my Constitution prescribes. There ain't no "team" involved in that. "Teams" here are exactly what the fucking problem is.

North Carolina Congressional Map Ruled Unconstitutionally Gerrymandered

This North Carolina decision will help the Democratic wave that is coming in November.

The Court is absolutely correct. I live in one of those districts and I don't appreciate being porked with a Neanderthal knuckledragger like Mark The Fuck Meadows.

This was a single judge panel. it will be appealed and a stay will be issued by the circuit court.

Now all we need to do is start suing democratic run states and you turds will start howling.

"You turds"? :lmao:

And who might that be?

Actually --- read the link, that's already happening. In Maryland as noted there.

This goalpost-moving shit goes back a long long time, and it needs to stop WAY before yesterday.

The issue is trying to make a truly impartial method is like thinking the ideal gas law works for designing a distillation column.

Of course the process is partisan, it involves politics.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....yyyyyyeah. It's just like that. Here's an idea --- sip some coffee before posting. :coffee:

Actually to look at how districts end up getting drawn it is hard to imagine there wasn't a whole lot of distilling going on beforehand. :alcoholic:

I didn't get an answer on who "you turds" is. Voters who want fair, equal, impartial representation are "turds"?

No, voters who want their party to have an advantage despite mewling about fairness are turds.

View attachment 170895

And the 12th:

View attachment 170896

Gerrymandering fucks us all. The above is a prime reason how Congress can have an approval rating in the teens and yet have an incumbency rentention rate in the nineties.

The problem is if we try to fix this, both sides will STILL try to find some advantage to exploit, all the while yammering on about "fairness"

Therefore we just all throw up our hands and give up, right?

Another good plan. You need better coffee.

Unless a better solution is proposed you don't remove the existing system.

It's like the old story of someone wanting to remove a fence that has been around for decades, and the person in charge asking why the fence was put up in the first place, and only allowing it to be taken down when that question is answered.

what about the massachusetts map? the new nork map? the california map? Virginia? NH? Illinois? and the rest?

As if changing the maps in Massachusetts, NY and California would shift the balance to Republicans?
LoLz

View attachment 170895

And the 12th:

View attachment 170896

Yeah, people agree these districts are gerrymandered, but there isn't any agreement on the solution.

Actually I haven't hear much admittance to gerrymandering from the left.

Blind partisan will always deny what others can plainly see. To me, this isn't a left versus right issue, it's an issue of us versus the political elite.

:clap2: Bravo. It's bizarre how dense crania get when they can only think in terms of two "teams". They're looking at a puppet show featuring alternately dressed red or blue puppets and it never occurs to them to look up to see the puppeteer. And they seem to think everybody everywhere somehow "belongs" to either the red team or the blue team, oblivious to the fact that most people belong to neither.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

This was a single judge panel. it will be appealed and a stay will be issued by the circuit court.

Now all we need to do is start suing democratic run states and you turds will start howling.

And who might that be?

Actually --- read the link, that's already happening. In Maryland as noted there.

The issue is trying to make a truly impartial method is like thinking the ideal gas law works for designing a distillation column.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....yyyyyyeah. It's just like that. Here's an idea --- sip some coffee before posting. :coffee:

Actually to look at how districts end up getting drawn it is hard to imagine there wasn't a whole lot of distilling going on beforehand. :alcoholic:

I didn't get an answer on who "you turds" is. Voters who want fair, equal, impartial representation are "turds"?

No, voters who want their party to have an advantage despite mewling about fairness are turds.

I don't have a "party" Elmer. I'm part of, as it happens, the largest political party faction in these here United States, which is "none".

And that's why I resent those parties trying to reverse-engineer my vote. Understand? Hell, this is part of why I don't associate with a party in the first place.

So ---- "you turds" means .......... what?

And who might that be?

I don't have a "party" Elmer. I'm part of, as it happens, the largest political party faction in these here United States, which is "none".

And that's why I resent those parties trying to play ping pong with my vote. Understand? Hell, this is part of why I don't associate with a party in the first place.

So ---- "you turds" means .......... what?

My mistake.

You are an idealist, not a turd.

My favorite part of this story:

The judges ordered the General Assembly to approve another set of districts by Jan. 24. Candidate filing for the November congressional elections begins Feb. 12, with primaries set for early May. A majority of the judges also agreed the panel would hire a redistricting expert to draw replacement boundaries if the legislature won't.

Fix it or we will - LoL!

If they ain’t cheatin’ they ain’t winning.
Maybe Putin can step in again and help them out like he did in 2016.

The judges ordered the General Assembly to approve another set of districts by Jan. 24. Candidate filing for the November congressional elections begins Feb. 12, with primaries set for early May. A majority of the judges also agreed the panel would hire a redistricting expert to draw replacement boundaries if the legislature won't.

Fix it or we will - LoL!

And I'm sure the court will make sure the "expert" will have a (D) after their name.

Because, you know, fairness.

Fix it or we will - LoL!

And I'm sure the court will make sure the "expert" will have a (D) after their name.

You haven't learned a goddam thing here have you.

Once again --- most people are neither a Democrat nor a Republican. IT'S NOT REQUIRED. I don't care how much hype either one crows about itself as the be-all and end-all, they just AIN'T.

Break out of this Dichotomy Prison you've confined yourself to and see the world.

What you nuts fail to realize is that most normal people, particularly in the professional realm - are not hyper-partisans

Forum List

Back