federal judges throw out North Carolinas congressional map, saying it was drawn to favor Republicans

My favorite part of this story:

The judges ordered the General Assembly to approve another set of districts by Jan. 24. Candidate filing for the November congressional elections begins Feb. 12, with primaries set for early May. A majority of the judges also agreed the panel would hire a redistricting expert to draw replacement boundaries if the legislature won't.

Fix it or we will - LoL!

And I'm sure the court will make sure the "expert" will have a (D) after their name.

Because, you know, fairness.
If the Republicans had not so publicly fucked the pooch, this wouldn't be happening, now would it dumbass.

No its because nevertrumpers like you are Quisling-ing yourself to the other side.

And there you go yet again on your obsession with "other sides". As if all this is nothing more than some football game.

This is completely sailing over your head isn't it. Aided in no small measure by your uncanny ability to duck out of its way.

SMH

Considering that at the federal level only two parties matter, there are indeed "two sides" we have to choose from at the current moment.

In the end it all boils down really to authoritarianism vs libertarianism, and progressives are the ones with the jackboots on.

Both parties gerrymander districts in their favor when they control the maps and SCOTUS in the past has ruled this was legal. It would be nice to have a precedent set where they cannot do it, but I am not holding my breath.

The Court is absolutely correct. I live in one of those districts and I don't appreciate being porked with a Neanderthal knuckledragger like Mark The Fuck Meadows.

This was a single judge panel. it will be appealed and a stay will be issued by the circuit court.

Now all we need to do is start suing democratic run states and you turds will start howling.

Please do. Sue all gerrymandered districts. I double dog dare you.

I guess all those minority districts created in cities will have to go then, right?

Yes. So sue. Let’s get partisan gerrymandering ruled unconstitutional.

Again the issue isn't ending it, it's what would replace it, which would cry out it's impartiality and be anything but.

Not true. Plenty of states are doing it.

Iowa redistricting takes partisanship out of mapmaking - The Boston Globe

California Citizens Redistricting Commission - Wikipedia

This was a single judge panel. it will be appealed and a stay will be issued by the circuit court.

Now all we need to do is start suing democratic run states and you turds will start howling.

I guess all those minority districts created in cities will have to go then, right?

Again the issue isn't ending it, it's what would replace it, which would cry out it's impartiality and be anything but.

Just saying you are taking partisanship out of something doesn't make it true.

Oh, and Cali's rules include this little gem:

Federal Voting Rights Act: Districts must ensure an equal opportunity for minorities to elect a candidate of their choice

Once again, OUR gerrymandering isn't gerrymandering because.....shut up.

No triggering, just pointing out the inherent dishonesty of the Left.

This has NOTHING to do with the evil Left :rolleyes-41:

Actually it always does.
Nope. The GOP got caught cheating, and you are trying to deflect.

It isn't working.

How is something both parties have been doing for over a century "cheating"?
Oh, so cheating for a long time somehow makes it NOT cheating?

No triggering, just pointing out the inherent dishonesty of the Left.

This has NOTHING to do with the evil Left :rolleyes-41:

Actually it always does.
Nope. The GOP got caught cheating, and you are trying to deflect.

It isn't working.

How is something both parties have been doing for over a century "cheating"?
Oh, so cheating for a long time somehow makes it NOT cheating?

When it's within the rules, it's not cheating.

And I'm sure the court will make sure the "expert" will have a (D) after their name.

Because, you know, fairness.

What you nuts fail to realize is that most normal people, particularly in the professional realm - are not hyper-partisans

Bullshit. The type of person who would be an "expert" in governmental districting probably has a 90% chance of being a Democrat.

I believe you mean democrat -- small D.

Actually I don't believe you mean that -- I believe you should mean that.

When it's within the rules, it's not cheating.

Why did that remind me of this? :)

Exactly what I was thinking. Actually my first thought was, "when Derek Cheater fakes getting hit by a pitch, and the umpire buys his act and awards him first base, that's not cheating. Because it helps the Wankees.". :rolleyes:

Or "when Led Zeppelin blatantly rips off music by Anne Bredon, Jake Holmes and Bert Jansch and passes them off as their own work, that's not cheating because it sells records".

Dichotomists appear not to know what the word "cheating" means.

Last edited:

Federal Voting Rights Act: Districts must ensure an equal opportunity for minorities to elect a candidate of their choice

That was written before the SCROTUS gutted the Voting Rights Act.

That was written before the SCROTUS gutted the Voting Rights Act.

By your use of the term gutted you give away your love of gerrymandering when it suits your politics....

Hack.

I am all for no more gerrymandering that INCLUDES all the districts made to create black members in congress. Ohh wait I bet you tards do not mean that at all. In the case of North Carolina all 3 of the districts that create space for blacks are heavily gerrymandered, can we stop doing that too?

I am all for no more gerrymandering that INCLUDES all the districts made to create black members in congress. Ohh wait I bet you tards do not mean that at all. In the case of North Carolina all 3 of the districts that create space for blacks are heavily gerrymandered, can we stop doing that too?

So ---- you're saying that only black people will vote for a black candidate?

When I first moved to this area the mayor of Asheville was Terry Bellamy:

Bellamy%2C%20Terry.jpg

How did Terry Bellamy win city council and mayor (twice) with a 12.5% black population?

Ever hear of Barack O'bama? Ever hear of Mia Love?

Bellamy%2C%20Terry.jpg

How did Terry Bellamy win city council and mayor (twice) with a 12.5% black population?

So you support no more gerrymandering for black districts? Yes ot no, the 4th 1st and I believe 12th or was it 13th are heavily gerrymandered just for black population, so we can stop doing that?

Bellamy%2C%20Terry.jpg

So you support no more gerrymandering for black districts? Yes ot no, the 4th 1st and I believe 12th or was it 13th are heavily gerrymandered just for black population, so we can stop doing that?

Apparently you're avoiding the question, so I'm forced to assume the affirmative -- that you DO believe only black voters vote for black candidates --- which leaves the above examples, and countless more, unexplained.

Now on to yours. Yes I support no more gerrymandering (more lucidly I oppose the practice gerrymandering). I said that from the start here.

And do you know WHY those cited districts are gerrymandered just for black populations? Doesn't seem you do.

That's done to ghettoize them. To get them 'out of the way' and contained, so that those votes don't "infect" the lily-white votes of their neighboring/surrounding districts that would be a more natural and equitable fit. It's a way of shunting them to the proverbial "back of the bus". It's a wall. It's a way of dividing communities so that those with the gerrymandering pencils get the numbers they need to stay in power, and the fact that they're creating and reinforcing divisions is just too damn bad because it's all about Numero Uno and getting power at any cost.

Bellamy%2C%20Terry.jpg

Apparently you're avoiding the question, so I'm forced to assume the affirmative -- that you DO believe only black voters vote for black candidates --- which leaves the above examples, and countless more, unexplained.

Now on to yours. Yes I support no more gerrymandering (more lucidly I oppose the practice gerrymandering). I said that from the start here.

And do you know WHY those cited districts are gerrymandered just for black populations? Doesn't seem you do.

That's done to ghettoize them. To get them 'out of the way' and contained, so that those votes don't "infect" the lily-white votes of their neighboring/surrounding districts that would be a more natural and equitable fit. It's a way of shunting them to the proverbial "back of the bus". It's a wall. It's a way of dividing communities so that those with the gerrymandering pencils get the numbers they need to stay in power, and the fact that they're creating and reinforcing divisions is just too damn bad because it's all about Numero Uno and getting power at any cost.
So you ADMIT the democrats that created all the gerrymandered black districts were being racist about it.

Forum List

Back