Feds demand gun store owner turn over customer list. He refuses

I wasn't arguing for taking guns away. I was arguing that its dishonest to say they deter crime because they clearly help crime. The argument that they deter crime is constantly used and that helps keep us from putting laws in that would help keep them away from criminals. I think we need more laws to keep them from criminals.

The 108,000 might be sound, the 2.5 million is clearly wrong. And with 108,000 defensive gun uses it's clear guns are doing way more damage than good. Like I mentioned 232,000 guns stolen each year going to criminals. How many mass shootings start with the shooter getting the gun from a family member who legally owns? How many legal gun owners go nuts and shoot somebody like the theater shooters? How many legal gun owners become criminals with that gun?

The scenarios you describe are rare. Inner city thugs make up the lions share of murders committed with firearms.
The way to stop those is a mandatory sentence of say thirty years for a crime committed with a firearm and the death penalty for murders committed with a firearm.
Stop penalizing legal gun owners because they aren't the problem.

How many inner city thugs buy a gun legally? They sure aren't the solution. They are keeping us from registering guns, making sure all gun sales have a background check, limiting magazine capacity... Making people get a background check before buying a very dangerous weapon is not penalizing. Any decent person would have no problem with it since it might just save a life. Gun owners are just to selfish to care. They pretend to be so heroic, but they can't wait a little bit to get gun number 20? Very sad.

It has nothing to do with being selfish.
You need to make the penalties for possession of a stolen gun and or use of a gun in the commission of a crime so harsh they wont see freedom for thirty years.
Law abiding citizens shouldnt pay the price for the scum who commit crimes.
Thats total Bullshit.

The scenarios you describe are rare. Inner city thugs make up the lions share of murders committed with firearms.
The way to stop those is a mandatory sentence of say thirty years for a crime committed with a firearm and the death penalty for murders committed with a firearm.

How many inner city thugs buy a gun legally? They sure aren't the solution. They are keeping us from registering guns, making sure all gun sales have a background check, limiting magazine capacity... Making people get a background check before buying a very dangerous weapon is not penalizing. Any decent person would have no problem with it since it might just save a life. Gun owners are just to selfish to care. They pretend to be so heroic, but they can't wait a little bit to get gun number 20? Very sad.

You need to make the penalties for possession of a stolen gun and or use of a gun in the commission of a crime so harsh they wont see freedom for thirty years.
Thats total Bullshit.

It is about being selfish. They are saying I can't wait a few days to buy gun number 20 even if it could save some childs life. That is pretty darn selfish.

While I'm not against stricter punishment I don't know our jails can handle it. Or if it would for sure work, we do have more people in jail than any other country.

Thats total Bullshit.

It is about being selfish. They are saying I can't wait a few days to buy gun number 20 even if it could save some childs life. That is pretty darn selfish.

While I'm not against stricter punishment I don't know our jails can handle it. Or if it would for sure work, we do have more people in jail than any other country.

What does waiting have to do with it? I see no reason why a law abiding citizen should have to wait to purchase a firearm.
We need to stop locking people up for petty shit and we'll have plenty of room in our prisons for those who really deserve it.

Thats total Bullshit.

What does waiting have to do with it? I see no reason why a law abiding citizen should have to wait to purchase a firearm.
We need to stop locking people up for petty shit and we'll have plenty of room in our prisons for those who really deserve it.

It has to do with background checks. Right now any criminal can buy a gun from a person without a background check. That's a big loophole. All sales should require a background check. Sounds like your pretty selfish yourself. Can't wait a few days to save a life? Very heroic.

1897020_642932145778039_1397363674_n.jpg

There had to be a reason why the list was being asked for in the first place and when there is nothing to hide no one minds.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. The refusal to hand over that list may be considered obstruction of justice.

Thats total Bullshit.
You'll have to excuse him -like all other anti-gun loons, he can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

So you can't name one? Everyone knows Saddam was a dictator. Name a country with real long standing voting rights that has ever had a revolution.
You are litterally too dishonest to talk to.

You said elections. You made no qualifiers to that statement, and a tyranny is what we are arguing against.

Again..Iraq had a long standing voting record. You speak as if your voting rights in a democracy are somehow protected. WE are not a democracy. In fact, no county in the world is a democracy.

You seem to have missed the whole point. The point is a country like the US with voting rights has never gone to tyranny. Even countries that don't have guns all over the place to defend their rights. The only countries named are nothing like the US and don't have long standing voting rights. So you see we don't need guns to defend our rights. Sorry you didn't get it. If you ever think of a country that's a good example let me know, but I don't think one exists.

Rome had voting rights almost identical to those in the US, aren't you the one that argued that they were a tyranny?

Well 232,000 guns are stolen each year. That's going from a gun owner to a criminal.
So tell Me, now does taking guns away from people who have not had guns stolen from them, have not had a gun of their used in a crime, and have not been involved in a crime, make the world, or the country, safer? These people are not part of your stats....btw....defensive gun use statistics are sound. I realize you refuse to believe that, but then, I think you refuse to think that pink unicorns are myths.

I wasn't arguing for taking guns away. I was arguing that its dishonest to say they deter crime because they clearly help crime. The argument that they deter crime is constantly used and that helps keep us from putting laws in that would help keep them away from criminals. I think we need more laws to keep them from criminals.

The 108,000 might be sound, the 2.5 million is clearly wrong. And with 108,000 defensive gun uses it's clear guns are doing way more damage than good. Like I mentioned 232,000 guns stolen each year going to criminals. How many mass shootings start with the shooter getting the gun from a family member who legally owns? How many legal gun owners go nuts and shoot somebody like the theater shooters? How many legal gun owners become criminals with that gun?

They help crime? How do they do that? Do they plan the crimes? Keep a lookout for the coppers? Drive the getaway vehicle?

Last edited:

Wrong. The majority of gun deaths (6 in 10) are suicide, by "responsible" gun owners. Gun deaths are down significantly.

Obviously we need to get the guns out of the hands of registered owners who own them and shouldn't.

And since guns used in other deaths are primarily stolen, we need to tighten laws to keep registered, so-called responsible gun owners from letting their guns get stolen.

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware | Pew Research Center?s Social & Demographic Trends Project

Wrong. The majority of gun deaths (6 in 10) are suicide, by "responsible" gun owners.
How do you know this?

Obviously we need to get the guns out of the hands of registered owners who own them and shouldn't.
if you are a registered owner, you are apparently among thiose who "should" have one becaise those than "should not" cannot register.

And since guns used in other deaths are primarily stolen, we need to tighten laws to keep registered, so-called responsible gun owners from letting their guns get stolen.
What about the huge majortity of us gun owners of us who are not registered?

So tell Me, now does taking guns away from people who have not had guns stolen from them, have not had a gun of their used in a crime, and have not been involved in a crime, make the world, or the country, safer? These people are not part of your stats....btw....defensive gun use statistics are sound. I realize you refuse to believe that, but then, I think you refuse to think that pink unicorns are myths.

They help crime? How do they do that? Do they plan the crimes? Keep a lookout for the coppers? Drive the getaway vehicle?

Yes gun owners do those things.

Thats total Bullshit.
You'll have to excuse him -like all other anti-gun loons, he can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

232,000 guns stolen each year is a statistic. It is none of those, try again.

You are litterally too dishonest to talk to.

You said elections. You made no qualifiers to that statement, and a tyranny is what we are arguing against.

Again..Iraq had a long standing voting record. You speak as if your voting rights in a democracy are somehow protected. WE are not a democracy. In fact, no county in the world is a democracy.

You seem to have missed the whole point. The point is a country like the US with voting rights has never gone to tyranny. Even countries that don't have guns all over the place to defend their rights. The only countries named are nothing like the US and don't have long standing voting rights. So you see we don't need guns to defend our rights. Sorry you didn't get it. If you ever think of a country that's a good example let me know, but I don't think one exists.

Rome had voting rights almost identical to those in the US, aren't you the one that argued that they were a tyranny?

Again going back all the way to Rome is the best you can do? Really? You think Rome was almost identical to the United States? Please list the ways. It's pretty clear we do not have to fear tyranny, just give up now.

Yes gun owners do those things.

You said guns help crime, not gun owners, is this another case of you moving the goalposts because you are stupid?

So what? 2nd amendment doesn't say UNLESS YOU ARE A CRIMINAL YOU CAN'T OWN A WEAPON. I know someone who can't get a permit simply because 4 years ago they got into it with their MIL and BOTH were arrested and the charges were dropped and they haven't been in trouble since then...the only gun law I abide by is the 2nd amendment it very clearly says SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

Well, you're not alone. Many others believe they are above the law and many of those are in prison.

Like those 300k in Ct breaking the law? :D

None of these limpwristed far left fairies believe in the Consititution. To them, its a relic that must be thrown away. To a person, they hate their own country.......assholes like Noomi, Wry, JoeB......they're just fine with the state being in charge of everything. Zero personal freedoms. They want all guns banned......fascist loving shitforbrains.:D Every society has this fringe element, supporting everything that helps the country rot from inside.

In Connecticut, watch for a FF event to set this shit in motion......it is the most important emerging news story in the nation.

Forum List

Back