Felon who sold illegal rifle to gang gets bail on gun charge, this is the problem, not guns...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The anti gunners keep saying that normal, law abiding gun owners are the problem with gun crime....

And they are lying.....or they are dumb...one of the two....

This is the problem with gun violence...

This felon should have been held without bail....and when he is convicted he needs to go to prison for 30 years....

Notice....in California, they are now letting guys like this out of jail...that is, the anti-gun, democrats are allowing criminals like this out of jail....that is why we have gun crime in this country....

Man who sold gun used to shoot 2 cops released on $4,500 bond: sources

A man who sources say sold an assault rifle to gang members — which was then used to shoot two Chicago Police officers last May — was released from federal custody on a $4,500 bond on Wednesday.

Charles Williams was arrested and charged in federal court last week with possession of a firearm by a felon. On Wednesday, Magistrate Judge Young B. Kim ordered him released on $4,500, court records show.

In Williams’ indictment, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives detailed how he allegedly sold another gun to a criminal informant in a parking garage in west suburban La Grange. Though the source said he is suspected of selling the assault rifle to the La Raza gang, he was never charged in connection to the shooting of the two officers.

wait.....,so this guy supplies mexican organized crime syndicates with rifles, and he doesnt even get a job with Eric Holder?
thats not fair.

The anti gunners keep saying that normal, law abiding gun owners are the problem with gun crime....

This felon should have been held without bail....and when he is convicted he needs to go to prison for 30 years....

Notice....in California, they are now letting guys like this out of jail...that is, the anti-gun, democrats are allowing criminals like this out of jail....that is why we have gun crime in this country....

A man who sources say sold an assault rifle to gang members — which was then used to shoot two Chicago Police officers last May — was released from federal custody on a $4,500 bond on Wednesday.

Charles Williams was arrested and charged in federal court last week with possession of a firearm by a felon. On Wednesday, Magistrate Judge Young B. Kim ordered him released on $4,500, court records show.

In Williams’ indictment, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives detailed how he allegedly sold another gun to a criminal informant in a parking garage in west suburban La Grange. Though the source said he is suspected of selling the assault rifle to the La Raza gang, he was never charged in connection to the shooting of the two officers.
/---- Libs always demand more gun laws but won't enforce the ones already on the books. That would undermine their narrative that the only solution is total ban on guns.
nazi_guncontrol.jpg

• Was Williams, the guy who sold the rifle, a felon when he obtained the rifle he later sold?
  • Was Williams' sale his way of complying with the prohibition against his possessing one?

In Williams’ indictment, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives detailed how he allegedly sold another gun to a criminal informant in a parking garage in west suburban La Grange. Though the source said he is suspected of selling the assault rifle to the La Raza gang,
he was never charged in connection to the shooting of the two officers.

I take it you are advocating denying his bail because of a crime with which he has not been charged?

I suggest reviewing the 8th Amendment before pontificating further.

• Was Williams, the guy who sold the rifle, a felon when he obtained the rifle he later sold?
  • Was Williams' sale his way of complying with the prohibition against his possessing one?

Yes.
No.

In Williams’ indictment, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives detailed how he allegedly sold another gun to a criminal informant in a parking garage in west suburban La Grange. Though the source said he is suspected of selling the assault rifle to the La Raza gang,

I take it you are advocating denying his bail because of a crime with which he has not been charged?

He is a felon caught in possession of a stolen gun...that is grounds to keep him without bail...past record, the serious nature of the crime....

first, if his criminal past made him too dangerous to legally own a gun, he should still be in jail. period. If I was on the jury and he he wasnt on parole/probation anymore, I would vote not guilty on the felon in possession charge, simply because th econcept of prohibited persons is unconstitutional and tyrannical. Im all for stiffer penalties for crimes against persons and property, but if your crime didnt rise to the level of death penalty or life in prison, then when you are done, its OVER.
the second issue on this, is was he negligent in selling the rifle to the person? If he had reason to believe that person was going to commit a crime, then he was. Ive refused to sell guns to guys cuz they seemed sketchy to me.

He is a felon caught in possession of a stolen gun...that is grounds to keep him without bail...past record, the serious nature of the crime....

Where did it say the gun was stolen? I must have missed that.

Regardless, simply being in possession of a firearm is not just cause for no bail. I doubt many judges would deny bail on something that relatively small.

Besides, he could just appeal to a higher court and get bail. You did review the 8th Amendment, right?

Regardless, simply being in possession of a firearm is not just cause for no bail. I doubt many judges would deny bail on something that relatively small.

Besides, he could just appeal to a higher court and get bail. You did review the 8th Amendment, right?

If you are a felon, it is.

if that were the case, anyone who has previous felony convictions could be denied bail on that basis alone, no matter the charge. The bail does seem a bit low, though. It could be that he has had dealings with this particular court before, and had honored his bail on another charge.

if that were the case, anyone who has previous felony convictions could be denied bail on that basis alone, no matter the charge. The bail does seem a bit low, though. It could be that he has had dealings with this particular court before, and had honored his bail on another charge.

Sorry, a felon on a gun charge can no longer be allowed bail....it obviously gets people killed.

We aren't talking a felon for bank fraud, we are talking a violent felon with an illegal gun...

Sorry, a felon on a gun charge can no longer be allowed bail....it obviously gets people killed.
obviously that isnt the case. he recieved bail.

We aren't talking a felon for bank fraud, we are talking a violent felon with an illegal gun...
generally, unless its some jeffery dahmer type person, or someone who is so well connected they pose a real flight risk, the courts usually will set bail, even for violent crimes.

generally, unless its some jeffery dahmer type person, or someone who is so well connected they pose a real flight risk, the courts usually will set bail, even for violent crimes.

And that is why Chicago has the gun murder rate that we have.

And that is why Chicago has the gun murder rate that we have.

I would argue that the fact its damn near impossible to legally carry in chicago, plus its rich history of organized crime, general filthiness etc are bigger factors than the courts being too lenient as far as bail goes. Keep this in mind also, being that the words "reasonable bail" are in the bill of rights(unlike terms like "abortion" "gay marriage" etc), a judge is going to have to uphold a very tough standard to deny someone bail. unless someone has a history of running from the law, or is charged with a captial crime, most courts in most places will set bail for that defendent.

Bail doesn't mean he won't go to prison at trial. :dunno:

Was the gun stolen?

If so, that's armed burglary. Is he charged with that?

Sorry! That is still not enough reason to deny him bail. Remember, this is a federal court. Many times they accept a property bond instead of cash.

Forum List

Back